Dr. David Rothbart, MD

Dr. David Rothbart, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. David Rothbart, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Southlake, TX. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Rothbart is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southlake and Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine.

1545 E Southlake Blvd Ste 100

Southlake, TX 76092

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Rothbart

See how frequently Dr. Rothbart performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Osteoarthritis of Spine
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Rothbart's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Barrows Neuro Inst
  • Yale New Haven Hospital

Dr. Rothbart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rothbart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rothbart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rothbart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rothbart to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Rothbart's Performance
in Celeste texas |
Great doctor very straight forward i felt very confident with him doing my surgury
in Flower Mound, TX |
I am so glad that I selected Spine Team Texas to analyze my orthopedic lower back pain. I also feel blessed to have met Dr. Rothbart. His impeccable communication style gives him the awareness and ability to be very clear, precise, and informative to his patients. Along with having outstanding communication skills, the many awards and recognition from some of the top magazines and businesses, he also possesses elite experience with the surgery that I had. I am very thankful with the results.
in North Richland Hills, TX |
Dr. Rothbart performed my herniated disc surgery (L2 L3), and it was a total success. Went home same day and back to work in a few weeks. At my first appointment, he was very focused on the MRI and possible solutions which is what I want in a neuro surgeon. He was good to explain the problem and the surgery and to let me ask questions.
Dallas, TX |
Never. I fell defensive when ever I see him. I get the feeling he's looking for reasons not to treat me. If there is no surgery in the future? to charge for and you don't have really good insurance that pays well,(Medicare) he's not interested. Don't expect any warm fuzzy feelings for your pain. ??
Keller, TX |
Dr. Rothbart saw me first thing the morning after my referral. He took the time to explain my MRI to me and answered all my questions. I always felt confident in the care provided.
in Caldwell, ID |
His bedside manner is less than desirable, but I'm not looking for that in a specialist. He gets the job done and he does it correctly. I had a crushed L4 L5, I saw him for the first time on a Wednesday and he got me into surgery on Thursday morning. He is excellent at what he does and I would recommend him to anyone anytime. If you're looking to be pampered, go somewhere else. He is a no b.s. surgeon and his talent and professionalism prove it by the work that he does!!! I highly recommend!
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Rothbart and his staff AP's (Clay and Gayle) help me deal with a rare reherniation of a disc after my first disc surgery. They had a very distinct plan of action once we realized I had a rare complication and severe pain. Their staff at the Southlake Facility and the nursing staff were unbelievable. They went above and beyond their required duties by calling after hours and even coming into see me at the hospital on Sunday.
in Ft worth TX |
I had a consultation after having tried physical therapy and steroid injections for surgical intervention. I and my wife felt like we were being interviewed for acceptance as a patient. He was more concerned with his ego and has the bedside manner of a prison guard. I think he is in the wrong profession and cares little for patients.
in Hawkins, TX |
If you want to know if you need back surgery and if it will help, this is the place to go. Dr Rothbart did an eight hour Tlif on my lower back. I walked out of the hospital the next morning. That was in 2005. I have been able to live an active life ever since. If you want sympathy, you're not healthy enough for surgery, you don't like physical therapy after surgery, or you're not willing to quit smoking, go elsewhere. If you want honest answers and the best treatment possible, You've found it!
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Rothbart is probably one of the best spine surgeons around. I found him to be informative and very insistent that you take responsibility for your part of your care in order to have the best outcome. In my case, I had to quit smoking. I've now had 2 level acdf and am feeling much better. I would definitely recommend him.
in South Lake, TX |
Horrible visit! Wasted my time and money. Big despoilment! Arrogant attitude!
in Irving, TX |
I could not be more pleased than I am with Dr Rothbart. He makes one feel very confident and secure.
L-5 S-1 fusion and 2 breaks in the L-5. Surgery was 100% total relief of pain. Dr Rothbart gave me my life back. His PA's were the best. Rehab was tough but it really helped me advance my recovery.
Have you seen Dr. David Rothbart, MD?
Are you Dr. Rothbart?