Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD

Colorectal SurgeryMaleAge 56

Colorectal Surgery

Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Thousand Oaks, CA and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Wayne State University School Of Medicine in 1992. He is affiliated with Adventist Health Simi Valley. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD

T.o.p. - Thousand Oaks Proctology

341 S Moorpark Rd Thousand Oaks, CA 91361

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Rosenfeld's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rosenfeld's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rosenfeld

Dr. Rosenfeld

TOP - Excellent Colorectal Specialist
My experience with Dr. Rosenfeld's office is one of the most pleasant one's I have ever had in any healthcare facility. I was referred to Dr. Rosenfeld by my PCP after suffering from bleeding after a bowel movement (chronic constipation). Dr. Rosenfeld was very kind, professional, and gentle throughout the examination process. He took his time to explain how the examination would go and was very reassuring throughout. He provided excellent follow-up advice. I have implemented the recommended lifestyle changes - added more fiber to my diet, stayed well hydrated throughout the day and my symptoms have massively improved over the last 4 weeks. Dr. Rosenfeld is an incredible physician and I highly recommend him to anyone with any colorectal issues/questions/concerns. Thanks, Dr.
J.A – May 26, 2022
Best of the best!
I found Dr. Rosenfeld 8 years ago after 3 other proctologists (even UCLA) could not permanently fix the fissure I had. He did, and I’ve been a loyal client ever since! The bum can be an awkward subject to talk about and he always makes it easy. He’s personable, patient, and funny. When I’ve called with concerns his staff is always quick to get me in. I just had my 2nd colonoscopy with him yesterday and it could not have gone smoother. The facility he uses for the procedure is well organized, quiet, and fast. The nurses and anesthesiologist were fantastic as well. I felt totally comfortable and safe in their care and was in and out in a little over 2 hours. I’ve seen a number of proctologists over the years and he is absolutely the best of the best!
Tamara – May 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I had Dr Rosenfeld remove an external situation which I thought was going to be general anesthetic and an an awful experience. It wasn't at all! To my surprise, it was able to be done in office and with a local anesthetic. He did a terrific and gentle job! Yup, I used the word gentle to describe a hemorrhoid removal because that is how he did it! I hardly experienced any pain and I was able to drive myself home (btw, I live about 150 miles away) side note: if he relocated his practice even further, I'd still travel any distance to see him. I should've written this review right after the procedure but I'm glad I'm doing it now because I can tell you the the results were better than I ever expected. I'm 7 months post removal and following all his advice, I healed very quickly. I haven't bled once since that time and my entire area was carefully taken care of. It's like nothing ever happened. I am beyond grateful to Dr.Rosenfeld and his staff! Would highly recommend!
Angelo A – Feb 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Dr. Rosenfeld maybe a competent proctologist but his practice is now placing monetary greed ahead of compassionate care for his patients. His practice no longer accepts ANY insurance at all, even Medicare nor Supplemental Plans are accepted. This current Cash and Carry practice is not only Charging $200 for initial office visits but the elimination of insurance coverage removes prudent oversight ensuring sound medical practices are applied in conjunction with reasonable expense control for medical care. Dr. Rosenfeld may have television notoriety and fame but in the opionion of this patient I feel the good doctor has abandoned his hippocratic oath commitment for the sake of greed and fame. Enjoy Hollywood and your appetite for fortune and fame. Recommend that you not consider this doctor for treatment for nothing but viewing on him on the Emmy award winning show "The Doctors" and YouTube. Don't walk but run!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
WILLIAM SmithIII – Dec 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
This is my second and a very positive review for Dr. David Rosenfeld. I had a surgery with him 5 weeks ago. He saw me 4 times in the first two weeks after the surgery. I had another follow up visit today and he will see me one more time in a few weeks to make sure I am healing properly. No other surgeons would do this kind of care for their patients. He is the best Doctor I have seen. I definitely recommend him to everyone with colorectal issues. His office staff are very nice and helpful too.
N. Saniei – Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Great! Very good in his field. Professional and makes you very comfortable with an uncomfortable ?? issue! He’s great!
Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Felt authentic; though Dr. David does not accept insurance, his charges are comparable to out of pocket insurance costs. For last 2 years, I am living without the stress of bleeding and I eat all junk now without fear.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
krishna – Aug 24, 2021
Krishna, thank you for the kind words. I am...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I found Dr. Rosenfeld to be excellent in all medical respects. I believe I no longer needed his type of expertise so I quit seeing him. The only drawback was his refusal to accept Medicare and I have a limited income.
Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Went for a check about possible thrombosed hemorrhoids. Check was very professional and thorough
Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I found Dr. Rosenfeld after having a less than stellar experience with a different proctologist. I was cursed with having a hemorrhoid issue that agitated me all day every day. After some trial and error with taking some supplements to hopefully alleviate the hemorrhoid issue, we went forward with doing the procedure of rubber band laparoscopy. Dr. Rosenfeld made the procedure as quick and easy as possible. It went off without a hitch and I am now living happily hemorrhoid free!
Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Such a professional environment. The staff, the wait time and even the scent of lavender. The experience here is full service and mind easing. Dr. Rosenfeld is the best, super professional and open and knows what he’s doing. Diagnosed me and performed my fissure/fistula surgery and now I feel amazing! Would recommend to anyone who is searching for a proctologist.
Michelle – Oct 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
My first visit to Dr. Rosenfeld office was over a year ago. I went to see him for a condition I had been dealing with for so many years. I had gone to several other physicians and they had conducted in office procedure and/or had prescribed various medications and ointments that did not produce any results. I almost thought a surgery would be the only option left for me. Fortunately I came across Dr. Rosenfeld through a referral. 2 months after my first visit and following his treatment advice and a follow up visit, my issue had improved substantially without needing any surgery and in a month after that my symptoms were totally gone. I am forever thankful and believe he is a real expert in his field. He listened, examined, very carefully diagnosed my problem and provided me with solutions that produced permanent results. It has been over a year now and my issues never came back. I highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld and his helpful and professional staff to anyone needing such care.
Ramin Z – Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
To my surprise, this was the most pleasant doctor's visit I've ever had. I had been very nervous (and embarrassed) to make the appointment, so I put it off for months just hoping my pain would go away. Dr. Rosenfeld and his staff were professional and friendly (with a bit of humor) that immediately put me at ease. Just describing my issue, Dr. R expertly diagnosed the problem (which he then confirmed in the exam). The exam itself ended up being no big deal - way more modest than even a pap smear. And I was prepared for the worst, but the solution was an ointment and more fiber. Overall, a wonderful Doctor and an easy experience. Don't put off your appointment!
Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Cont'd: I would highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld. He is truly #1 in the #2 business! :)
JW – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I cannot rave enough about Dr. Rosenfeld. He was my doctor for 7yrs before we moved. Since we moved I had to find another doctor to do my routine colonoscopy. My new doctor told me what an outstanding job Dr. Rosenfeld did in my previous 2 previous surgeries. He is also empathic and cares about you as a whole person. He always asks about my family and he remembers the significant events happening in their lives. I would highly recommend him to all of my friends and family.
Darcy Gale – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I will recommend Dr Rosenfeld to all my friends. I’m very happy with the results of the treatment I received from him.
Lary King in Thousand Oaks, CA – Sep 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I just had a return visit and it was just as successful as the first one. Dr. Rosenfeld is outstanding. He is knowledgeable, kind and empathetic. When I walked into his office I was in terrible pain due to hemorrhoids. When I walked out I was pain free!!! I also want to compliment his two front office staff—Genesis and Araceli. These ladies are very helpful and make sure that your visit is complete and a positive experience.
Roger Van Hook – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Dr Rosenfield was great and eliminated my hemorrhoid problem. I would highly recommend.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Dr. Rosenfeld is one of the wonderful exceptions in contemporary medical practice. Each and every time I have been treated by Dr. Rosenfeld, he expressed genuine interest? and empathy when listening to me describe my concerns and taking my medical history. He also always seems very knowledgeable and up on current treatments both traditional an unconventional relating to his particular area of specialty. I also appreciate that he is so personable, thorough?, and has a great sense of humor (very helpful when dealing with issues most people are likely uncomfortable? addressing). He also provides a great summary page of everything covered in his exam ( including previous treatment history upon checkout). I was amazed how detailed his notes were and found it so helpful to note recently that my last visit had been 7 years prior...a true testament? to how effective his remarkably pain-free?, simple injections had proven to be for me. 5 Stars seem inadequate to describe my appreciation!!
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I apologize for not posting my review sooner. After 6 months of discomfort, my girlfriend convinced me to see Dr. Rosenfeld. I am so glad that I did. If you are in pain/discomfort, I highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld. You won’t regret it!! I even got a hug from him when leaving his office. All the great reviews that were posted about Dr. Rosenfeld are absolutely true. He is compassionate, knowledgeable and took time to explain everything. The examination was comfortable, you lay on your left sid
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rosenfeld?