Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD

Colorectal SurgeryMaleAge 55

Dr. Rosenfeld

T.o.p. - Thousand Oaks Proctology

341 S Moorpark Rd Thousand Oaks, CA 91361

Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Thousand Oaks, CA and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Wayne State University School Of Medicine medical school in 1992. He is affiliated with Adventist Health Simi Valley. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rosenfeld to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Rosenfeld's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Rosenfeld accepts

Dr. Rosenfeld's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rosenfeld

Dr. Rosenfeld?
  • Listened & answered questions (60)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (59)
  • Explained conditions well (59)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (1)
  • Long wait times (1)
I found Dr. Rosenfeld to be excellent in all medical respects. I believe I no longer needed his type of expertise so I quit seeing him. The only drawback was his refusal to accept Medicare and I have a limited income.
Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Went for a check about possible thrombosed hemorrhoids. Check was very professional and thorough
Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I found Dr. Rosenfeld after having a less than stellar experience with a different proctologist. I was cursed with having a hemorrhoid issue that agitated me all day every day. After some trial and error with taking some supplements to hopefully alleviate the hemorrhoid issue, we went forward with doing the procedure of rubber band laparoscopy. Dr. Rosenfeld made the procedure as quick and easy as possible. It went off without a hitch and I am now living happily hemorrhoid free!
Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Such a professional environment. The staff, the wait time and even the scent of lavender. The experience here is full service and mind easing. Dr. Rosenfeld is the best, super professional and open and knows what he’s doing. Diagnosed me and performed my fissure/fistula surgery and now I feel amazing! Would recommend to anyone who is searching for a proctologist.
Michelle – Oct 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
My first visit to Dr. Rosenfeld office was over a year ago. I went to see him for a condition I had been dealing with for so many years. I had gone to several other physicians and they had conducted in office procedure and/or had prescribed various medications and ointments that did not produce any results. I almost thought a surgery would be the only option left for me. Fortunately I came across Dr. Rosenfeld through a referral. 2 months after my first visit and following his treatment advice and a follow up visit, my issue had improved substantially without needing any surgery and in a month after that my symptoms were totally gone. I am forever thankful and believe he is a real expert in his field. He listened, examined, very carefully diagnosed my problem and provided me with solutions that produced permanent results. It has been over a year now and my issues never came back. I highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld and his helpful and professional staff to anyone needing such care.
Ramin Z – Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
To my surprise, this was the most pleasant doctor's visit I've ever had. I had been very nervous (and embarrassed) to make the appointment, so I put it off for months just hoping my pain would go away. Dr. Rosenfeld and his staff were professional and friendly (with a bit of humor) that immediately put me at ease. Just describing my issue, Dr. R expertly diagnosed the problem (which he then confirmed in the exam). The exam itself ended up being no big deal - way more modest than even a pap smear. And I was prepared for the worst, but the solution was an ointment and more fiber. Overall, a wonderful Doctor and an easy experience. Don't put off your appointment!
Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Cont'd: I would highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld. He is truly #1 in the #2 business! :)
JW – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I cannot rave enough about Dr. Rosenfeld. He was my doctor for 7yrs before we moved. Since we moved I had to find another doctor to do my routine colonoscopy. My new doctor told me what an outstanding job Dr. Rosenfeld did in my previous 2 previous surgeries. He is also empathic and cares about you as a whole person. He always asks about my family and he remembers the significant events happening in their lives. I would highly recommend him to all of my friends and family.
Darcy Gale – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I will recommend Dr Rosenfeld to all my friends. I’m very happy with the results of the treatment I received from him.
Lary King in Thousand Oaks, CA – Sep 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I just had a return visit and it was just as successful as the first one. Dr. Rosenfeld is outstanding. He is knowledgeable, kind and empathetic. When I walked into his office I was in terrible pain due to hemorrhoids. When I walked out I was pain free!!! I also want to compliment his two front office staff—Genesis and Araceli. These ladies are very helpful and make sure that your visit is complete and a positive experience.
Roger Van Hook – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Dr Rosenfield was great and eliminated my hemorrhoid problem. I would highly recommend.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Dr. Rosenfeld is one of the wonderful exceptions in contemporary medical practice. Each and every time I have been treated by Dr. Rosenfeld, he expressed genuine interest? and empathy when listening to me describe my concerns and taking my medical history. He also always seems very knowledgeable and up on current treatments both traditional an unconventional relating to his particular area of specialty. I also appreciate that he is so personable, thorough?, and has a great sense of humor (very helpful when dealing with issues most people are likely uncomfortable? addressing). He also provides a great summary page of everything covered in his exam ( including previous treatment history upon checkout). I was amazed how detailed his notes were and found it so helpful to note recently that my last visit had been 7 years prior...a true testament? to how effective his remarkably pain-free?, simple injections had proven to be for me. 5 Stars seem inadequate to describe my appreciation!!
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I apologize for not posting my review sooner. After 6 months of discomfort, my girlfriend convinced me to see Dr. Rosenfeld. I am so glad that I did. If you are in pain/discomfort, I highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld. You won’t regret it!! I even got a hug from him when leaving his office. All the great reviews that were posted about Dr. Rosenfeld are absolutely true. He is compassionate, knowledgeable and took time to explain everything. The examination was comfortable, you lay on your left sid
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
One of the best doctors I've ever seen! I cannot say enough great things about him. He helped me so much with hemorrhoids, and I learned about things to do and take that have made a huge difference in my life! I have my family and friends on his recommended plan as well, since everyone can benefit from his advice, it's not just for hemorrhoids! My brilliant UCLA doctor told me to go and see Dr. Rosenfeld because he was the absolute best proctologist there is, and he was so right!
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I wasn't sure what to expect when I finally decided to find a Dr. to help me out and answer some fairly (what I thought was) embarrassing questions about the cause of my condition, treatment and prognosis. I also had questions about my sexual health that a doctor like Dr. Rosenfeld would be able to answer best for me. I found Dr. Rosenfeld to be extremely knowledgable, personable, and straight forward. I left feeling educated and put at ease without a moment of embarrassment.
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I went to see Dr. Rosenfeld after my insurance company referred to a surgeon for a low level external hemorrhoid for which he recommended surgery (because that's all he does). After I meet with Dr. Rosenfeld he diagnosed the pain I was having to spasms and gave me medication that healed my condition. NO SURGERY
Apr 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Wonderful doctor who actually sits down and discusses the issues and your options. He never rushes his appointments and he has a terrific bedside manor. I started seeing him for a preventive colonoscopy procedure and it was so positive that now my wife and friends see him too. Dr. Rosenfeld is the only proctologist that I trust.
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Glad this review is anonymous. Weirded out by having to seek colorectal treatment, but Dr. Rosenfeld was such a compassionate and competent caregiver that I have to write a good review. He uses humor to set patients at ease. My hemorrhoids had been really paining me since May 2018. Since my treatment, I have had no problems. Annoyed at myself that I didn't seek him out months ago. He sells various natural remedies to his patients, which could be seen negatively. But I found products helpful.
Thousand Oaks, CA – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
Dr. Rosenfeld put me at ease right away, and I didn't feel embarrassed talking to him about my medical situation. He explained the procedure that he was going to perform and made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?
I flew down from Vancouver to have Dr. Rosenfeld perform Doppler Guided Hemorrhoid Artery Ligation and Rectoanal repair because this procedure is not available in Canada. He initially diagnosed the problem with photos I submitted through a secure website. We subsequently had a phone consultation during which he suggested flying down for the procedure. I had been suffering from internal hemorrhoids for over 40 years...had tried banding several times to no avail and was unwilling to undergo the p
David Stephens in Vancouver, Canada, Canad – Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rosenfeld, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rosenfeld?

As a proctologist, Dr. Rosenfeld's goal is to offer excellent care in the field of proctology and colonoscopy. He and his staff are committed to providing...Read more

Midwestern Values

Dr. Rosenfeld is a husband to his wife, Shaina, and a father to his 3 boys, Charlie, Jack and Henry.  Born and raised...

• Colorectal Surgery

1992
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
1988
University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

• Modern Management of Cancer of the Rectum: Chapter 9 : Laparoscopic Resections for Large Bowel Malignancy: Laparoscopic Colectomy. Modern Management of Cancer of the Rectum., 2001
  • Laparoscopic Removal of an Intrauterine Device Perforating the Sigmoid Colon: A case Report and Review of the Literature, 2005
  • Intraoperative High Resolution Anoscopy HRA A New Surgical Approach in the Treatment of Patients with Bowens Disease and results in a private practice setting., 2007
  • Hemorrhoid comercial, 2011