Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)  |
Dr. David Roberson, MD
I graduated from Princeton University in 1988, and then spent 2.5 years teaching Math and Science in the Peace Corps in rural Nepal. I trained at the University of North Carolina, spent a research year in Seattle, and then completed internship and residency in Seattle. I did my pediatric otolaryngology fellowship at Boston Children's Hospital in 1996, and have been on the faculty here since. During my residency and for the first 8 years in Boston, I worked in basic science labs studying hair cell protection and regeneration in the inner ear. Since 2003, my main academic interest has been in patient safety and quality. I was the Director of Implementation for the Quality program at Boston Children's for 8 years. I was co-chair of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Patient Safety and Quality committee from 2009 – 2015 and remain a consultant to that committee. I am the chair of my department's quality committee, where we have numerous active projects to improve care and the patient experience within our department.

Boston Children's Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

Dr. David Roberson, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Roberson

I became an otolaryngologist because I was fascinated and thrilled with the complex anatomy and physiology of the head and neck, and because otolaryngology often offers the opportunity to substantially improve a patient's life.  I went into pediatric otolaryngology primarily because I enjoy hanging out with children.  My goal is to provide great care and great communication to every child and their family.  This can be a challenge in our modern, fast-paced health care system but I do my best.

Children often have a natural fear of seeing a doctor, particularly a stranger.  If I can help your child feel a bit more comfortable, it makes my day.

Dr. Roberson's Experience

Dr. Roberson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology

• Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Hearing Aid
  • Hearing Screening
  • Implantable Hearing Device
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implants

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Princeton University
  • University Hospital Seattle
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Boston Children's Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Roberson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Roberson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roberson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Roberson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roberson to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Roberson's Performance
in Beverly, MA |
I couldn't be happier with Dr. Roberson. He has a very good bedside manner with patients and takes his time to address all questions and concerns. He really knows how to put worried parents at ease and it helps that children are so comfortable around him. My son fractured his nose and thankfully we landed in the right hands! Not only did his nose come out perfect... there was no bruising!! Thank you Dr. Roberson and staff! Amazing job!!!
in Boston, MA |
We've worked with a lot of specialists in our years of parenting our special needs son. Dr. David Roberson is very impressive to me. He's extremely efficient and timely, listens, obviously has a heart for our son Gabe, and oozes experience. We highly recommend him.
Boston, MA |
Dr. Roberson was rude and unprofessional. During our consultation, my husband asked him a question about our child's situation, to which he responded, "I have other patients to see and don't have all day to talk about this, but my short response is...." I have never had a doctor respond so rudely to a medical question about the well-being of our child and act as if he couldn't be bothered. He was also difficult to understand, his responses were cryptic, and we didn't trust his diagnosis.
Oxford, MA |
Dr Roberson was wonderful with my son. He was kind and calm and managed to perform an ear tube removal procedure on my son (who has an axiety disorder) in the office. He was precise and quick and my son had little to no pain. We did wait over an hour to see him but it was well worth the wait. I highly recommend him.
Lexington, MA |
He was grumpy, rude, unkind, and disrespectful of my son. Horrific experience.
in Boston, MA |
Highly recommend this Dr. He really cares about children. He has children himself & this is evident in how he communicates with your child. He treats them like an adult. He knows what they can intellectually handle vs. emotionally handle at their age. We had a terrific experience with him. He was extremely patient. He was kind. He was quirky funny but very serious about his job. You get the sense that he cares deeply about kids. It was an emotional time and he knew how to distract. Great outcome
Have you seen Dr. David Roberson, MD?
Are you Dr. Roberson?

Visit Dr. Roberson

Dr. Roberson accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Roberson has admitting privileges