Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD

Colorectal Surgery ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Rivadeneira

Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Woodbury, NY and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Howard University College Of Medicine in 1995 and specializes in colorectal surgery and general surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Rivadeneira accepts

Dr. Rivadeneira accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Rivadeneira performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Abscess

Dr. Rivadeneira treats Abscess more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Rivadeneira treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abdominal Abscess

• Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Diverticulitis
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Diseases
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Paracentesis
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Primary Peritoneal Cancer
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pruritus Ani
  • Rectal Prolapse
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Surgical Procedures
  • Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Vaginal Fistula

Dr. Rivadeneira is devoted to providing advanced healthcare, in an environment of compassion, to its patients and their families. expertise encompasses the management of colon, rectal, and anal cancer, diverticulitis, familial polyposis, chronic ulce...

• Colorectal Surgery

• Marquis Whos Who in America, 2008
  • Whos Who among American Colleges and Universities, 1994
  • Consumer research council of america Top Surgeons in America, 2007
  • Strathmores Whos Who in Medicine, 2004

• Davis B, Rivadeneira DE. Complications of colorectal anastomoses: leaks, strictures and bleeding. Surg Clin North Am. 93(1):61-87, 2012
  • Rivadeneira DE (part of standards practice task force of the American society of colon and rectal surgeons) Practice parameters for the management of perianal abscess and fistula-in-ano. Standards Practice Task Force of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. Dis Colon Rectum. 54(12):1465, 2011
  • Rivadeneira DE (part of standards practice task force of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons) Practice parameters for the management of perianal abscess and fistula-in-ano. Dis Colon Rectum. 54(12):1465-74, 2011
  • Rivadeneira DE (part of international multicenter group): No Rectopexy Versus Rectopexy following Rectal Mobilization for Full-Thickness Rectal Prolapse: A Randomized Multicenter Trial. Dis Colon Rectum 54:29-34, 2010
  • Rivadeneira DE, Wong WD: Preoperative staging of rectal cancer. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery 1:17-26, 2002
  • Chaudhary ND, Ranire-Maguire M, Corman ML, Rivadeneira DE. Letter to the Editor: Topical Sucralfate Post-Hemorrhoidectomy: An Affordable and feasible treatment option? Dis Colon Rectum 51: 1857, 2008
  • Botchkina IL, Rivadeneira DE, Watkins K, Karpeh MS, Botchkina GI. Clinical Significance of Telomerase Activity in Peritoneal Disseminated Cells: Gastrointestinal Cancers. Mol Med 14(1-2):45-54, 2008
  • Rivadeneira DE (part of international rectal cancer study group, IRCSG). International preoperative rectal cancer management: staging, neoadjuvant treatment, and impact of multidisciplinary teams. World J Surg 34(11) 2689-700, 2010
  • Zwintscher NP, Johnson EK, Martin MJ, Maykel JA, Rivadeneira DE, Serur A, Steele SR. Surgical Resident and the adequacy of dictated operative reports. J Surg Res. 177(2):211-6, 2012
  • Botchkina IL, Rowehl RA, Rivadeneira DE, Karpeh MS, Crawford H, Dufour A, Ju J, Wang Y, Leyfman Y, Botchkina GI. Phenotypic subpopulations of metastaic colon cancer stem cells: Genomic Analysis. Cancer Genomic & Proteomics 6:19-30, 2009

Dr. Rivadeneira's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rivadeneira

0.5128205128205128%

Dr. Rivadeneira?
Dr. Rivadeneira's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD
Dr. Rivadeneira initially treated me in the hospital after an admission for an abcess, eventually requiring surgery. I was impressed by the professionalism and skill of both him and his staff throughout the process. I would highly recommend to anybody requiring treatment/surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Exceptional Dr and staff. Very accommodating, excellent follow up. Would highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Had a Colostomy bag, due to diverticulitis, wanted to see if it could be reversed, the surgeon who did the surgery for the colostomy bag highly recommended Dr. Rivadeneira. Made an appointment and spoke to him. He explained everything, was upfront and honest. He was not sure if this could be done, however, went for the surgery, he told me it was not easy but he did it! I couldn't be happier, I would definetly recommend him he's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Very pleased with this doctor; he's very professional, pleasant, helpful and caring. I would highly recommend him to all my friends in need of his care. Alice Cilio, Hampton Bays, NY
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. Rivadeneira has performed two surgeries for me and is a wonderful doctor. He is a blessing to his patients and i would heartily recommend him to anyone who needs this type of surgery. Rosalie M., Islip, NY
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
I have been suffering for several years with endless attacks of diverticulitis!! Dr. Riv came highly recommended from a couple of trusted sources. From the first consult I was immediately comfortable and knew he was the right surgeon. Prior to my surgery he articulated exactly what I should expect. I was having my sigmoid colon to the tune of about a foot and a half removed.The surgery lasted about 3 and a half hours as expected and I was out of the hospital within 2 days.3 weeks later GREAT!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. Rivadeneira saved and changed my life! I went to him because i have had multiple bouts of Diverticulitis. He was highly recommended to me and reluctantly i had the surgery. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! I was on the verge of a perforation and the surgery went perfectly. No colostomy bag! Recovery was a breeze and i was back to work in a week and a half. His staff is amazing and was there for every question i had. I feel better than i have felt in decades.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. "Riva" is amazing! Firstly, he made me feel so at ease in his office. I had rectal bleeding so I finally decided to see a doc. Dr. Riva took a look and said that I had internal hemorrhoids that were causing the problem. He said that he could correct the problem with a rubber band, that would be placed at the base of the hemorrhoid. This would choke the hemorrhoid, shrink it, and it would fall off in a few weeks. It was painless, and it worked perfectly. No blood since. I feel so much better
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Can’t say enough good things about his expertise,bed side manner and that of his team. Finally got colonoscopy and was referred by dr zinkin to him . So happy with this as cancer caught earl and fully removed. Would highly recommend him. Thanks for everything, doc
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
I will always be grateful to Dr. Rivadeneira for thinking outside the box. Dr R performed a TAE, instead of a radical procedure for my rectal cancer, recommended by MSK. Pathology: no residual cancer left from my Stage 1 cancer. Today,I am not dealing with a colostomy that I didn’t need. Dr R is an extremely intelligent, talented, skilled surgeon. He is interested in me, wanting me to lead a healthy, cancer free life with the fewest restrictions. The quality of my life is important to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Every professional who hears Dr. Rivadenieras name comments on what a great surgeon and a good man he is. I agree 100%. He has performed surgery on me twice and I am truly lucky and greatful to have him as my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Rivadeneira's care of me during my recent surgery for a prolapsed rectum. This has been causing me all kinds of grief for quite a while, and I understand it's fairly common, particularly among older women, given the wear and tear of childbirth, constipation, and the general effects of aging. The surgery was totally successful. I am back to feeling 100%, plus all the discomforts and aggravations of that condition have disappeared. THANK YOU Dr. Rivadeneira!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. Rivadeneira is an excellent surgeon. I was very nervous and he put me completely at ease. He explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. The surgery was completely successful and I had a speedy recovery. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. Rivadeneira recently preformed a Sigmoid colostomy which might cause to have a Colostomy Bag. But, Dr Rivadeneira skillfully did the surgery and I was able to complete the surgery without having the bag. I am deeply grateful, to have had Dr. Rivadeneira as my surgeon. I had Diverticulitis for years, an was suppose to have this operation four years ago, kept putting it off. Till I could no longer handle the 4 or 5 hours a day of pain and suffering. Stop, suffering, this is the Doctor to see!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
After years of suffering with recurring episodes of diverticulitis, I recently underwent a total colectomy with an ileal rectal anastamosis. Dr. Rivadeneira’s experience, expertise and excellent bedside manner made me confident in the fact that I chose the right surgeon. The procedure was a success and no colostomy bag was needed! Dr. Rivadeneria and his team provided me with excellent care. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is considering this procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. Rivadeneira was referred to me by my primary physician. Like most everyone, I was reluctant to schedule an appointment, however, upon meeting him, after meeting with another surgeon, I was 100% confident that he was the right surgeon to perform my needed surgery. His manner was reassuring, his expertise evident, as he took the time to explain what I could expect throughout both the surgery and recovery. I am now symptom free and have him to thank. I highly recommend Dr. Rivadeneira. AH.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Rivadeneira. He is highly skilled, kind and caring, listens to his patients and has an excellent bedside manner. I only wish I had been in his care earlier.   After experiencing years of increasingly debilitating gastric problems, Dr. Rivadineira’s diagnosis and surgical intervention led to my complete recovery and restoration of the well-being I had thought was lost forever. I highly recommend this exceptionally gifted doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
I was very scared to go to the dr but I was in alot of pain Dr Rivadeneira was reassuring it would not hurt He was very sensitive to my pain You know what it was a tiny pinch not pain and finally relief After all these years of suffering I now have no pain and no surgery! Im so happy I found him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. Rivadeneira was recommended to me by my Primary care doctor for a second opinion. I needed a sigmoid colon resection due to a complicated diverticulitis episode. He made me feel so confident and explained the procedure so thoroughly that I decided to have him perform the surgery. The surgery went well. The recovery time was just as explained to me and I was kept comfortable during my hospital stay. I was able to be up and about not long after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Rivadeneira, MD?
Dr. Rivadeniera recently performed a hemorrhoidectomy on me. He and his staff are professional and understanding. I would definitely recommend them.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Rivadeneira?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rivadeneira treats patients.

Southside Hospital