Dr. David Provenzano, MD

Dr. David Provenzano, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. David Provenzano, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Sewickley, PA and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from University Of Rochester School Of Medicine and Dentistry in 1999 and specializes in pain medicine and interventional pain medicine.Read his story

301 Ohio River Blvd Ste 203

Sewickley, PA 15143

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Provenzano

See how frequently Dr. Provenzano performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Provenzano's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Provenzano's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Provenzano "Dr. David Provenzano is the President of Pain Diagnostics and Interventional Care. He received his undergraduate degree from Colgate University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude and became a Phi Beta Kappa member. He received his medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. He completed a surgical internship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and a residency in anesthesiology at The Western Pennsylvania Hospital. He completed a Pain Management Fellowship at the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Dr. Provenzano has served as a principal investigator on multiple research studies and published numerous scientific articles. His research interests include neuromodulation and the effects of preinjected fluid on monopolar and bipolar radiofrequency lesioning. He has lectured at numerous international and national meetings on the management of acute and chronic pain. Furthermore, he serves as an external member of the Robert Morris University IRB, an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Duquesne University Department of Pharmacology, and Adjunct Clinical Instructor in the Department of Physician Assistants Studies at the Duquesne University Rangos School of Health Sciences. He serves on the Board of Directors of the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine and the North American Neuromodulation Society. He is the Vice Chair for the ASRA Neuromodulation Special Interest Group. Dr. Provenzano previously served as the Vice Chair for the Continuing Medical Education Committee for the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine. In addition, he serves on the Educational Track Subcommittee on Pain Medicine for the American Society of Anesthesiologists. He has extensive interests and expertise in the conservative treatment of pain originating from the cervical and lumbar spine, neuromodulation and in the utilization of ultrasound for interventional pain management procedures. Dr. Provenzano resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."

This content was provided by Dr. Provenzano "At Pain Diagnostics and Interventional Care, Dr. Provenzano incorporates a multidisciplinary approach that offers patients the best treatment options that deliver the best outcomes for pain management and recovery of function."

• Pain Medicine
  • Interventional Pain Medicine

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*
  • Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Colgate University
  • Western Pa Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Dart-Hitchcock Mc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Provenzano has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Provenzano does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Provenzano and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Provenzano's Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Provenzano to family and friends

Dr. Provenzano's Performance

Dr. Provenzano Says:
"

This is Dr. Provenzano responding to the review posted on 06/10/16

"Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that we were able to help you and that you are doing much better. We also appreciate that you took the time to share your story with others."

"

I would 100% recommend Dr. Provenzano and staff to friends. They are all very caring and helpful. and sincere and he keeps on working to find a cure.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for the kind words. We are happy that we have been able to take part in your care. We strive to develop treatment plans that suit each patient individually and thank you for choosing our practice for your care.

I would highly recommend Dr Provanzano. He performed a spinal cord stimulator implant revision and is an excellent Dr. He is very good when it comes to pre-operative and post-operative procedures. This is the third unit I have had and the experience with Dr. Provanzano is by far the best when...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you so much for your kind words and vote of confidence. At Dr. Provenzano's office there is a high standard of care and it is so rewarding to hear that we are hitting that mark. We are so delighted that you are happy with the results of your procedure. If we can be of further assistance please contact our office.

Ive been a patient of Dr. Provenzano for 9 years and he and his staff have changed my life! I was on 6 pain meds at that time. Dr Provenzano explained the neuro-stimulator to me and I agreed to the implantation. I was able to get off all of my meds and live with very little pain. He is a very...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your kind words. I believe in keeping my patients at the heart of my care and find it a gift to work in concert with such courageous patients. My patients and the care they receive are my top priority and I endeavor to continue to provide the best care possible.

Excellent bedside manner and very personable. Did a fantastic job with lumbar injections to help me recover from a herniated disc and sciatica.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the treatment you received with Dr. Provenzano. His goal is to provide evidence-based, compassionate, and high quality care that allows you to regain function and improvements in your pain control. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

My whole experience with Dr. Provenzano and his staff has been excellent. They are all very professional and very caring. Dr. did exactly as he told me he was going to handle my case, to the tee. In general, a great experience for treating my back pain.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

We are so glad you chose Dr. Provenzano's office for your care. We set a high standard for care in our office and are glad to hear we are hitting that mark. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.