Dr. David Poynter, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Dr. David Poynter, MD
Dr. David Poynter, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Loganville, GA. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Poynter is affiliated with Eastside Medical Center.

Dr. Poynter's Care Philosophy

Treating the entire family from Pediatrics to Geriatric with a primary focus in Sports Medicine including active and continued care and support.

Dr. Poynter's Experience

See how Dr. Poynter's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Poynter

Dr. Poynter accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Poynter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Poynter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poynter to family and friends
Dr. Poynter's Performance
in Monroe, GA |
GREAT!!! From when you enter the front Office, Gwen is the 1st person you see that is a +++++, if your having blood draw, I can't remember her name another +++++, next you will be called back by Jill Dr Poynters nurse another +++++. I don't think there is enough +'s to give Dr Poynter. He listens, ask and answers questions, doesn't make you feel rushed, that to me means ALOT!! With all Dr's available, I could change & go to any I wanted to. BUT Dr Poynter and STAFF is where I Choose to be!!
in Loganville, GA |
This my second year with Dr Poynter and I have been impressed with the treatment I have received. My experience has been without any complaints. The doctor is always thorough and explains my treatment.
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. Poynter is a great doctor. He is thorough and explains everything very well. He has helped both my daughter and me with sports-related injuries, as well as being a terrific general practitioner for our family. The entire office staff is friendly and professional.
in Lawrenceville |
Quick access to an appointment. Very punctual during office visit. Great "bedside manner". Very friendly and helpful. Listened attentively and got straight to the point. I will be using Dr. Poynter as my family physician from now on.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Poynter is very good. He is very knowledgeable and takes time with each patient. I highly recommend him, especially if you or members of your family play sports and may be injured at some point.
in Monroe, GA |
Dr. Poynter is just great. He and his staff are very professional and so helpful. Dr. Poynter takes his time to go over every detail and makes you feel so comfortable. The entire staff are so prompt and courteous. I would highly recommend Dr. Poynter as a family doctor.
in Loganville, GA |
We love Dr. David! He is a kind and caring doctor with excellent knowledge and people skills. I also receive cortisone shots in my big toe joint. I "cheated" on Dr. David and asked the doctor at Emory to give me one while I was there with my husband. Dr. David does a much better injection!! He also is very good with my 87 year old mother who is a former RN and "demands" quality care with kindness. We are at the right place and have been for several years.
Lawrenceville, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Poynter in a heartbeat, he is truly a nice, caring individual!
in Good Hope, Ga |
I have a number of complicated health issues, involving a variety of specialists and out-of-the-ordinary treatments and have been rejected as too complicated by many PCMs. Dr. Poynter and his Staff welcomed me warmly, setting my nervousness at ease with professional yet unhurried and empathetic care on my 1st visit! I am so thankful to have found this practice and look forward to working with them all in the years to come. I honestly believe my health and quality of life will improve greatly!??
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
Monroe, GA |
I have had an amazing experience with Dr. Poynter. I began seeing him in Monroe at his last practice, then followed him to Loganville. He is extremely thorough and he genuinely cares about his patients. He even put the word out to his friends when I was looking for a new teaching position. He always goes above and beyond for his patients. Also his staff in incredibly sweet and helpful. And the lady who draws blood is AMAZING. I literally don't feel a thing (and I usually pass out).
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. Poynter is down to earth and conservative. He is knowledgeable, caring and totally listens to what you have to say. You never feel rushed or walk out of the office without having explained. I have already recommended Dr. Poynter to my son who lives in Suwannee!
in Monroe, GA |
Dr Poynter is an excellent Doctor. He is caring and takes time to listen to me, before he begins his exam and before looking at treatment. My whole family goes to him, and we highly recommend him to all of our friends.
Grayson, GA |
I have been completely satisfied with Dr. Poynter and his staff during the past two years. I'm very glad I found this practice.
Thank you for giving us a great score! Our dedicated staff takes great pride in serving the Loganville community.
Dahlonega, GA |
I have been seeing Dr. David Poynter for awhile now and he has helped me thru a lot of things and I would recommend him to everyone . He always takes time with me to make sure everything is ok and to explain everything to make sure you understand
in Decatur, ga |
Very thorough, friendly, and a great overall doctor. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Loganville, GA |
He pulls up a chair, sits down, listens, and talks. He explains things thoroughly and will try simple treatments before moving on to more aggressive options. He is really good to educate the patient.
in Monroe,GA |
Very knowledgeable but down to earth approach. Good listener. On time with appointment, almost no wait time. Very pleased with the doctor.
Have you seen Dr. David Poynter, MD?

Compare Dr. Poynter

Dr. Poynter's Care Philosophy

Treating the entire family from Pediatrics to Geriatric with a primary focus in Sports Medicine including active and  continued care and support.

Dr. Poynter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine

Dr. Poynter has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Poynter's Board Certifications

• Family Practice
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Poynter does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Poynter and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Graduated in 2008

Cleveland Clinic

Dr. Poynter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poynter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Poynter does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Poynter and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.