Dr. David Poynter, MD

Dr. David Poynter, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. David Poynter, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Loganville, GA. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 9 years.

3435 Highway 81 # 100

Loganville, GA 30052

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Poynter

Dr. Poynter's Experience

Dr. Poynter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine
This content was provided by Dr. Poynter "Treating the entire family from Pediatrics to Geriatric with a primary focus in Sports Medicine including active and  continued care and support."

• Family Sports Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dermatitis
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diverticulosis, Intestinal
  • Dizziness
  • Dysphagia
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Essential Tremor
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pneumonia

• Osteoporosis Screening
  • Prostate Cancer Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Medical School | Graduated 2008
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Poynter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Poynter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poynter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Poynter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poynter to family and friends
Dr. Poynter's Performance
Monroe |
Dr. Poynter is an excellent physician. He and his staff have gone out of their way many times to help me and my family out. He is thorough and extremely knowledgable and always gives me all the time I need during my appointments.
Loganville, GA |
My first visit to Dr. Ponte I was impressed with his forthright manner in discussing my case. He noticed something that none of my other doctors ever npticed. I look forward to addressing my issues with a doctor who impressed as he has done.
in Loganville, GA |
I go to Dr. Poynter for all my medical needs. He is very thorough and very knowledgeable. Appointments are easy to schedule - I've always been able to get in within a reasonable amount of time. His staff is exceptional as well. I would highly recommend him to friends and family looking for a family physician.
in Loganville, GA |
I am 92 years old and have been seeing Dr. Poynter for my medical needs for several years now. He and his staff are wonderful. He always takes the time to listen to my concerns, and he makes sure I understand any new medication or treatment I may need. I would highly recommend Dr. Poynter to anyone looking for a physician in the Loganville area.
in Snellville, GA |
Dr Poynter and his staff are all very courteous, friendly, caring, informative, instructive, and thorough. I am very pleased that I I am in Dr Poynter' s care.
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. David Poynter is the first doctor who explained why I could still have allergies even though allergy tests came back with no noticeable results. Thank you!
Loganville, GA |
Dr. Poynter and his staff made me feel very comfortable and Dr. Poynter did not rush in and out like some doctors do. I wish he could be my doctor for everything. And I was able to get in very quickly for my very first appointment.
in Monroe, GA |
GREAT!!! From when you enter the front Office, Gwen is the 1st person you see that is a +++++, if your having blood draw, I can't remember her name another +++++, next you will be called back by Jill Dr Poynters nurse another +++++. I don't think there is enough +'s to give Dr Poynter. He listens, ask and answers questions, doesn't make you feel rushed, that to me means ALOT!! With all Dr's available, I could change & go to any I wanted to. BUT Dr Poynter and STAFF is where I Choose to be!!
in Loganville, GA |
This my second year with Dr Poynter and I have been impressed with the treatment I have received. My experience has been without any complaints. The doctor is always thorough and explains my treatment.
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. Poynter is a great doctor. He is thorough and explains everything very well. He has helped both my daughter and me with sports-related injuries, as well as being a terrific general practitioner for our family. The entire office staff is friendly and professional.
in Lawrenceville |
Quick access to an appointment. Very punctual during office visit. Great "bedside manner". Very friendly and helpful. Listened attentively and got straight to the point. I will be using Dr. Poynter as my family physician from now on.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Poynter is very good. He is very knowledgeable and takes time with each patient. I highly recommend him, especially if you or members of your family play sports and may be injured at some point.
in Monroe, GA |
Dr. Poynter is just great. He and his staff are very professional and so helpful. Dr. Poynter takes his time to go over every detail and makes you feel so comfortable. The entire staff are so prompt and courteous. I would highly recommend Dr. Poynter as a family doctor.
in Loganville, GA |
We love Dr. David! He is a kind and caring doctor with excellent knowledge and people skills. I also receive cortisone shots in my big toe joint. I "cheated" on Dr. David and asked the doctor at Emory to give me one while I was there with my husband. Dr. David does a much better injection!! He also is very good with my 87 year old mother who is a former RN and "demands" quality care with kindness. We are at the right place and have been for several years.
Lawrenceville, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Poynter in a heartbeat, he is truly a nice, caring individual!
in Good Hope, Ga |
I have a number of complicated health issues, involving a variety of specialists and out-of-the-ordinary treatments and have been rejected as too complicated by many PCMs. Dr. Poynter and his Staff welcomed me warmly, setting my nervousness at ease with professional yet unhurried and empathetic care on my 1st visit! I am so thankful to have found this practice and look forward to working with them all in the years to come. I honestly believe my health and quality of life will improve greatly!??
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
Monroe, GA |
I have had an amazing experience with Dr. Poynter. I began seeing him in Monroe at his last practice, then followed him to Loganville. He is extremely thorough and he genuinely cares about his patients. He even put the word out to his friends when I was looking for a new teaching position. He always goes above and beyond for his patients. Also his staff in incredibly sweet and helpful. And the lady who draws blood is AMAZING. I literally don't feel a thing (and I usually pass out).
in Loganville, GA |
Dr. Poynter is down to earth and conservative. He is knowledgeable, caring and totally listens to what you have to say. You never feel rushed or walk out of the office without having explained. I have already recommended Dr. Poynter to my son who lives in Suwannee!
in Monroe, GA |
Dr Poynter is an excellent Doctor. He is caring and takes time to listen to me, before he begins his exam and before looking at treatment. My whole family goes to him, and we highly recommend him to all of our friends.
Grayson, GA |
I have been completely satisfied with Dr. Poynter and his staff during the past two years. I'm very glad I found this practice.
Thank you for giving us a great score! Our dedicated staff takes great pride in serving the Loganville community.
Dahlonega, GA |
I have been seeing Dr. David Poynter for awhile now and he has helped me thru a lot of things and I would recommend him to everyone . He always takes time with me to make sure everything is ok and to explain everything to make sure you understand
in Decatur, ga |
Very thorough, friendly, and a great overall doctor. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Loganville, GA |
He pulls up a chair, sits down, listens, and talks. He explains things thoroughly and will try simple treatments before moving on to more aggressive options. He is really good to educate the patient.
in Monroe,GA |
Very knowledgeable but down to earth approach. Good listener. On time with appointment, almost no wait time. Very pleased with the doctor.
Have you seen Dr. David Poynter, MD?

Visit Dr. Poynter