Dr. David Powell, MD

Dr. David Powell, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  ·
Dr. David Powell, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Columbus, OH and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University of Virginia School of Medicine and specializes in ear, nose, and throat and facial plastic & reconstructive surgery.Read his story

974 Bethel Rd Ste A

Columbus, OH 43214

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • CareSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Powell

See how frequently Dr. Powell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nosebleed
Headache
high
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
high

Dr. Powell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Powell's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Powell "I grew up in Virginia, and graduated from the University of Virginia for both my undergraduate and medical school education. I moved to Columbus, Ohio in 1994 for my residency in Otolaryngology at the Ohio State University medical center. I later performed a fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery at the University of South Florida. I've been in practice in Columbus since 2000."

This content was provided by Dr. Powell "My first goal with a new patient is to arrive at an accurate diagnosis.  Many new patients have been frustrated by persistent symptoms for years; I understand that frustration leads people to seek for answers.  I try to help find those answers.

My approach to treatment is to present reasonable alternatives, and to help the patient make good choices that will help him or her achieve better health, and a better quality of life in the future.  In matters of a patient's health or appearance, I put the patient's best interests first.  I will be honest if I think a particular treatment is a bad idea, and explain why I think so; I try to include my thought process with all of my recommendations.

I am conservative.  I do not recommend radical or controversial treatments without very good reason.  On the other hand, I try to stay current with new treatment modalities.

Finally, if I can't help you I will be straightforward about that and refer you to the right expert."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University of Virginia / Main Campus
  • Ohio State University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • University South Fla
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Powell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Powell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Powell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Powell's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Powell to family and friends

Dr. Powell's Performance

Dr. Powell Says:
"

I have carefully reviewed my surveys and I have a general interpretation, that I will offer here:

The positive reviews, which I appreciate, appear to come from patients I developed a longstanding relationship with, and perhaps embarked on a significant treatment course with (for instance, surgery).  It is obvious that these patients appreciated the time and effort—and in some cases, the sweat and tears—I

...

I go to Dr Powell on a regular basis for Botox. I am always pleased with my results! Every visit Dr Powell asks for feedback, he's very thorough in his care.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had Juvederm with Dr. Powell and what an amazing experience! 5 minute procedure and what a difference! Saggy skin around my mouth gone! Pretty painless, quick and easy. Dr. Powell explained what filler can accomplish, what to expect before and after. Will definitely tell my friends to give it a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Only reason I went to this Dr was to get water removed from my ear. Was more interested in surgery because he can make more $$ than actually helping me with my issue. In the middle of my appt took off without saying bye. Didn't even look into my ears. A waste of money. He was rude arrogant.......more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Worse place ever ! Doctor was are extremely rude and not prepared at all. Iwas supposed to have a biopsy and my family dr sent all my information to them and they had no idea about it and then their nurse was so nasty ! I asked for a glass of water and she threw an attitude at me multiple times...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Alexa, thank you for your feedback. While our encounter may have been frustrating, my medical opinion was that the indicated procedure could not be done safely with you awake, in my office. The records you refer to were not available. Even if they had been, it would not have changed my recommendation. I will make sure to pass your comments along to my staff. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

He is a GREAT doctor! I have been a patient for a long time. His staff is very sweet and helpful. I have been there for ENT check ups, cosmetic procedures and laser hair removal and I have had great results. Dr. Powell is very profesional and cares for his patients.