Dr. David Powell, DO

Hematology | Male

Dr. David Powell, DO
Dr. David Powell, DO is a hematology doctor who practices in Lima, OH. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Powell is affiliated with Lima Memorial Health System, Mercer County Joint Township Community Hospital, Saint Rita's Medical Center and Grand Lake Health System.

Dr. Powell's Experience

See how Dr. Powell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Powell

Dr. Powell accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Powell is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Powell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Powell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Powell to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Powell's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
Lima, OH |
Here's my experience with Powell: I was making great progress with treatment until my insurance company stopped paying for chemo drug. Instead of offering to help me find alternative funding, he stopped treating me for 2 months awaiting new cat scans. During this period, the cancer grew back. Well, I was going to move anyway (450 miles), so when I found a new oncologist, he told her I would have pay for my own records because he "didn't refer her to me personally". What greed this guy has.
Lima, OH |
Dr. Powell is a compassionate and caring doctor. My husband was a patient of Dr. Powell's for 10 years. Twice in those years DP advised us to seek additional advice. He always answered questions, has a fantastic staff, and all are very friendly. I cannot say enough great things about DP. He not only showed concern for my husband but also for myself. I love a confident doctor and one who has no problem sending a patient to another doctor for additional help.
Lima, OH |
DDP, is an ok dr, but is very arrogant, condescending and treats patients and families as a burden to his daily activities. If you ask questions, he treats you like you are beneath him. He won't answer your questions but beat around the Bush and tell you what he thinks you want to hear. I will not EVER recommend DDP to a friend or family member. He is all about getting paid and getting his kickbacks for the newest drugs available. I give him -5 stars, he is not a good dr in anyway shape or form.
in Lima, OH |
Dr. Powell is extremely pompous and arrogant. His attitude and bedside manner toward his patients and their families is terrible and without emotion or compassion. He dropped my mother as a patient, without telling us, because we asked for a second opinion. Dr. Powell belittled us and was insulting. Any doctor like this is dangerous to his patients. He is solely out for money and power. He needs to be suspended from medicine until learning compassion, humility and professionalism.
in Delphos, OH |
Didn't inform me that I had to continue follow up appointment in order to keep.my tamoxifen because I had breast cancer. Wouldn't give me more or even enough to hold me over until the appointment. Told me that if I tried to get them from my family doctor he will make me wait a year ... with no tamoxifen. A pill that drastically reduces my chance of getting cancer back. From a man who's suppose to save my.life.
in Delphos, OH |
Dr. Powell is okay but kind of pompous. He doesn't recall specifics about your case well. His office is horrible at scheduling, especially if you have to do treatment at St. Rita's. Several times my husband had to reschedule time off work for treatment because they couldn't keep his appointments straight. The office staff are not friendly or helpful and unless you want to pay for it, you will not receive any consideration or kindness from them.
Columbus, OH |
He was condescending; assuming I had no educational background and then and behaved as though I was wasting his time by asking questions. Utterly dismissive. I had questions about my father's condition. Whatever he had going on this day, he certainly took it out on me and probably anyone else who came into contact with him; unless this is how he behaves all the time. Very unprofessional, insensitive conduct for health care.
Have you seen Dr. David Powell, DO?
Are you Dr. Powell?

Compare Dr. Powell

Dr. Powell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hematology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Oncology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Powell has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Powell's Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Lymphocytosis
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Purpura
  • Qualitative Platelet Defects (incl. Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia)
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Small Intestine Cancer
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Vertebral Column Tumors
  • Vulvar Cancer

OHIO UNIV COLLEGE OF OSTEO MED

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Powell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Powell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hematology