Neurosurgery  |
Dr. David Poulad, MD
Dr. David Poulad, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Union, NJ. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Poulad is affiliated with Saint Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Hackensackumc Mountainside, Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center.

Main Office

1057 Commerce Ave

Union, NJ 07083

Learn about Dr. Poulad

Dr. David Poulad is a board certified neurosurgeon who has been practicing in Union, NJ since 2005. A member of IGEA Brain & Spine, he is on staff at the Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ; Morristown Hospital in Morristown, NJ.; Trinitas Regional Medical Center in Elizabeth, NJ; St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson, NJ; and St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ.

His clinical interests are in neuro-oncology for the surgical treatment of brain and spinal cord tumors, radiosurgery, pituitary surgery, functional neurosurgery for pain and movement disorders, and minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Poulad was one of the first neurosurgeons in New Jersey to perform a minimally invasive spinal fusion using robotics technology. He continues to pioneer minimally invasive approaches to the brain and spinal cord and is at the forefront of technology for neurosurgical approaches.

Dr. Poulad's Experience

Dr. Poulad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Tumor
  • Broken Arm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Epilepsy
  • Femur Fracture
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Albert Einstein Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Poulad has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Poulad has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Poulad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poulad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Poulad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poulad to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Poulad's Performance
in Blairstown |
Dr. Poulad Was able to correct the spinal issues that caused debilitating sciatica and restored me to full function. He takes the time to listen to you and answer all of your questions. During the recovery he made sure that all calls were answered promptly and my issues were resolved. This was my 4th back surgery. Dr Poulad and his staff were far more responsive and caring than any of the previous groups. Back Surgery Is Scary, you can rest-assured that Dr Poulad wil take good care of you
New York, NY |
The worst scheduling experience I ever had!
in Chester, NJ |
Dr. Poulad was able to fit me into his very busy schedule when I was in utter agony with my back. He was wonderful- caring and sympathetic. He even remembered having seen me years prior. After addressing my acute situation, Dr. Poulad explained the reason for my recurrent ailment with conservative recommendations for further treatment.
in Point Pleasant, NJ |
I was referred to Dr Poulad with multiple issues especially with my neck. He is absolutely hands down the best Neurosurgeon I've ever been to! Dr Poulad took me in when others pushed me aside. He recently did the DTrax Cervical Fusion for me June 2016. He's honest, caring and respectful. His PA Jennifer is amazing as well! I trust them both with my life. They both have a special place in my heart.
Union, NJ |
Dr Poulad was very thoughtful and patient in explaining my condition. He listened to and addressed my concerns. I was so nervous when I saw him, I did not appreciate it, but I think he's the best doctor I've ever had. He saved my life. If you have back pain and need surgery, I highly highly recommend you see Dr Poulad.
in Bayonne, NJ |
Dr. Poulad had confidence for both he and I when I went to my first office visit. He explained the procedure he recommended for me in great detail. He sent me home to make my decision with no pressure at all. He is warm and has a wonderful bedside manner, which for me is a lot. The day of the operation he assured me all would be well and because of the procedure, I am pain free for the first time in about 10 years!! Thank you Dr. Poulad!!!!
in Winfield Park, NJ |
Dr. Poulad was recommended to me by my professional colleagues. Following diagnostic evaluation via additional neurological testing, he fully explained his findings, intended surgical intervention, rehabilitation expectations and finances. I felt confident in the manner in which he addressed my needs. Following a cervical laminectomy with fusion, as he predicted, I am now fully functional in caring for myself, driving and returned to work at age 74. Exceptional skilled surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Are you Dr. Poulad?

See our Neurosurgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital