Dr. David Poulad, MD

Dr. David Poulad, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 54

Neurosurgery

Dr. David Poulad, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Union, NJ and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Saint Louis University School of Medicine|St Louis University School of Medicine in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset and Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Office Hours

Mon

Tue

Wed

5 pm
Connect with a call center representative 24/7 to request an appointment.

IGEA Brain & Spine, PA

Behavioral Health Network222 Columbia Tpke Bldg 1 Florham Park, NJ 07932

Urgent & Specialty Care

IGEA Brain & Spine100 Commerce Pl Ste 100 Clark, NJ 07066

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Poulad is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset Somerville, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset

Dr. Poulad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Poulad

4.2

Looking forward to walking again without pain!
Upon meeting Dr. Poulad for the first time, I liked him immediately. He explained to me and illustrated exactly what was going on with my back. I had been to numerous doctors in the past. Although I had an MRI, nobody ever asked me to get a CT scan and an X-ray as well except Dr. Poulad. I was very impressed by that. I definitely need surgery and I feel fully confident in Dr. Poulad’s ability to do a great job and, therefore, help me to walk again like I use to.
Shelley L. – Dec 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
I saw Dr Poulad in late 2020 about back pain due to (ddd) degenerative disc disease at L5 S1 in my spine. He was very rude and pushy. Recommended surgery, a fusion at that. I said no thanks, at the end of it all. I saw a wonderful surgeon at NYU in Ny, ny in 2021 for a artificial disc replacement and it was one of the best decisions of my life. I would not recommend Dr Poulad.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr. Poulad listened to me. He never rushed me. Explained everything I needed to know/expect. After surgery I'm on my way to being the old me, pain free! He is amazing! His staff is pleasant, professional, compassionate and diligent.
L.Howard – Nov 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Had a terrible experience with David Poulad, I'm not using the term doctor because every question I asked him he did not know. He walked into the room and was ready to walk out no sooner he walked in. Did not examine my mother, did not ask if we had any questions. I had to say hey I have some questions, all 3 questions were an "I don't know" No interest in my mom as a patient at all, literally acted as if his time was too important. Shame on you David Poulad! You are a "Doctor" and in the profession of helping people. God forbid one of your loved ones seeks help one day and they are treated the way you treated my mom, only then will you realize the pain you leave among others. You are NOT GOD you are a "Doctor" and a dime a dozen mister!! Stay humble! SHAME ON YOU!!!!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Angry Daughter – Oct 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
After years of back pain and seeing all kind of specialists, finally I lucked out finding Dr. Poulad. Since my first visit he has been very attentive, knowledgeable, and empathetic. I finally decided now was the time for surgery as I was in severe pain. After hearing multiple back surgery stories, I thought it was going to be very difficult to up and around any time soon. The next day home from the hospital I had no problem going upstairs and the bathroom. Surgery was a success!!!!!! Dr. Poulad really is the best surgeon!!!!!!
Kevin Z. – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr. Poulad "LITERALLY" SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!! I had laminectomies done by Dr. Poulad, to heal the pain, giving out, and numbing in my right leg, due to spinal stenosis. He did a perfect job! I was up the next day walking around and happy with NO more pain. After a while at home recovering, I got some dirt in my wound (which I didn't realize at the time). Slowly my incision starting leaking a little and I started slowing down. I went back to Dr. Poulad and he immediately ordered a blood test. He got the results and I went to see him. He looked at my back again and said, "Meet me in the hospital at 9pm tonight, we have to operate NOW." That night, after a much longer than expected operation, he told my husband... "IF I DIDN'T OPERATE TONIGHT, SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD BY TOMORROW." WHY? I HAD CAUSED such an incredibly huge infection, due to my carelessness at home. SO I THANK G-D FOR THIS GREAT MAN. If it weren't for him I would NOT be here.
Berta Ditillo – Oct 04, 2020
Dr. Poulad saved my life! Amazing surgeon
May 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr Poulad is a class act!!! His timely responses and answers to my questions made me feel very comfortable. He explained in detail what the procedure would consist of and answered every question, and did not rush me. His assistants and colleagues were also most helpful. I had the surgery on 7/11 and am in no pain.....no pain...!!! I could hardly walk 10 steps before!
Loretta Wherrity – Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
My experience with Dr. Poulad was excellent. My wife had a serious lesion on her brain. Dr. Poulad has a compassionate bedside manner. He did a fine job removing my wife's lesion. She has been recovering. He has shown that he is concerned about his patients. I can tell that he keeps abreast of the latest journals in neurosurgery. He has a pleasant office and helpful staff, especially Patricia. I recommend him highly: five stars.
Jim Lutfy – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr. Poulad is absolutely one of the best doctors. I came to him in extreme pain in my lower back and left leg. I saw a different doctor initially who wanted to do a fusion. After that doctor told me that there would be no amount of pain medication that would relieve my pain for the first month post op, I decided to get a second opinion, and I am thankful that I did. Doctor Poulad looked at the MRI that I brought with me, spoke to me in depth, sent me for another MRI as well as other tests, and then did minimally invasive surgery. I am at home recuperating now, and I can tell that I am finally going to get my life back. He has been very easy to talk to, he explains everything to me, and I have the utmost respect and gratitude for him. He is a very skilled surgeon, and I have now begun to feel like my old self again, thanks to him. His staff is very polite and helpful as well. The whole office experience there is pleasant, even when you come in initially in a lot of pain.
Marie Dopico in FARMINGDALE, NJ – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
After my slip & fall, I was unable to do a lot of things for over a year. When I met with Dr. Poulad he was very thorough, polite and concerned of my pains. He was very detailed in my options & suggested to me about the minimally invasive lumbar TLIF. After the surgery, I have to say even during the healing process I was able to sleep on my back and continue to do more now. His vision is to help you and minimize your pains the best he can so you can continue live life normal again. Ty Dr. P!
Cheryl in Belleville, NJ – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
After being out of work for 3 months I was in desperate need of finding a doctor who could provide other options for my back other than disc fusion. I am so happy I found Dr. Poulad. He listened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. He gave me an option that was perfect for my condition and did not require fusion. My total recovery from surgery was 4 weeks with no loss of flexibility and got me on the road to having a pain-free life!
Teresa C. in Phillipsburg, NJ – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
I had to have surgery on the cervical area of my spine. I wanted the best, so my insurance approved my surgery by Dr. Poulad. It has been painful, but I am healing very well, which is what I am told by others. So many stories about people who had the same type of surgery, who are unable to walk, move their arms or hands, etc. My prayers go out to those people and I am thankful for my healing. Great doctor from what I had been told, and now I have experienced his great work. Thank you Dr. Poulad
Diane Knight in Newark – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Outstanding doc. He didn't actually operate on me. He looked at my Cat Scans and examined my back, arms, neck, and talked to me like a human. In the end, we decided against surgery for now, and I'm treating the pain through PT. Just a great doctor experience.
Frank in New York, NY – Mar 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr. Poulad was an amazing surgeon and really helped me out when I was most in need. A few months back I began having terrible lower back pain to the point where I was hospitalized twice. While in the hospital, I was given a CT scan which found that I had a pinched nerve and was told it should go away on its own and they gave me some painkillers and sent me on my way. the next day I went to an orthopedic surgeon who read the CT scan and told me I’d be fine and told me to keep taking pain killers
Elizabeth, NJ – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr. Poulad Was able to correct the spinal issues that caused debilitating sciatica and restored me to full function. He takes the time to listen to you and answer all of your questions. During the recovery he made sure that all calls were answered promptly and my issues were resolved. This was my 4th back surgery. Dr Poulad and his staff were far more responsive and caring than any of the previous groups. Back Surgery Is Scary, you can rest-assured that Dr Poulad wil take good care of you
Nick M in Blairstown – Dec 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
The worst scheduling experience I ever had!
New York, NY – Sep 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr. Poulad was able to fit me into his very busy schedule when I was in utter agony with my back. He was wonderful- caring and sympathetic. He even remembered having seen me years prior. After addressing my acute situation, Dr. Poulad explained the reason for my recurrent ailment with conservative recommendations for further treatment.
Chris H. in Chester, NJ – Jul 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
I was referred to Dr Poulad with multiple issues especially with my neck. He is absolutely hands down the best Neurosurgeon I've ever been to! Dr Poulad took me in when others pushed me aside. He recently did the DTrax Cervical Fusion for me June 2016. He's honest, caring and respectful. His PA Jennifer is amazing as well! I trust them both with my life. They both have a special place in my heart.
Michael S in Point Pleasant, NJ – Jul 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?
Dr Poulad was very thoughtful and patient in explaining my condition. He listened to and addressed my concerns. I was so nervous when I saw him, I did not appreciate it, but I think he's the best doctor I've ever had. He saved my life. If you have back pain and need surgery, I highly highly recommend you see Dr Poulad.
Union, NJ – Mar 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Poulad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Poulad?