Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Pochatko, MD
Dr. David Pochatko, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in East Amherst, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Pochatko is affiliated with Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.

8750 Transit Rd Ste 105

East Amherst, NY 14051

Dr. David Pochatko, MD

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Independent Health
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Pochatko

Dr. Pochatko's Experience

Dr. Pochatko's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Morton's Neuroma

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for New York.

• U Of Buffalo SUNY Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

Dr. Pochatko has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pochatko does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pochatko and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pochatko's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pochatko to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Pochatko's Performance
in Buffalo, NY |
I have seen Dr. Pochatko for the last six years. I just had a second surgery and highly recommend him. I put all my trust in him, I personally think he is a great Dr. with a lot of experience. His PA's are also highly qualified and always friendly. The office staff is kind and courteous. The only downfall is they take FOREVER to respond to my disability insurance company. It takes me weeks until I receive a check.
in Buffalo, NY |
Lft. ankle with significant sprains (sports related injuries). Large spurs that have developed and I've returned to Dr. Pochatko. He fixed my Rt ankle 2 yrs. ago. Other surgeons want to fuse my ankle. One even suggested an ankle replacement. Dr. Pochatko recommended a repair and tightening of the tendons/ligaments (I forget which) and a 30 day post-op rest period with PT to follow. He's the only ortho that I saw that bothered to ask lifestyle questions before recommending treatment. A+++
in buffalo, ny |
I have had two foot surgeries done by Dr. Pochatko and I would not hesitate to go back to him needed or send a family/friend to see him. He is a no nonsense guy. He will tell you what you need I do to heal properly.
in North Tonawanda, NY |
Dr. Pochatko performed bunion and hammer toe repair to both my feet, about 9 month apart. I couldn't be happier with the results. In a word, my feet were a MESS. I received excellent care. Dr. Pochatko and all the staff at Northtowns Orthopedic were efficient, professional, gracious and personable. My surgeries went very well. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Pochatko and the staff of Northtowns Orthopedic.
Sacramento, CA |
Waited over an hour in waiting room only to find out there were two appointments ahead of me also waiting in the waiting room.
Buffalo, NY |
Unpleasant experience. Poor communication.
in Middleport, NY |
I had prior failed surgeries on my left big toe that had been done by a local podiatrist. Dr. Pochatko was able to surgically correct the problem. He was extremely professional, courteous and polite. All dealings with the office were positive. I would definitely recommend Dr. Pochatko and wish I had seen him first.
in Lockport, NY |
Dr. Pochatko has treated me in the past and now 2016. First time I saw Dr. Pochatko it was for Charcot's Joint. He fixed it and I've been in remission since 2011. Recently (2016) he has been treating me for a diabetic foot ulcer. The ulcer very bad & I stood a very good chance of the foot being amputated. He told me to follow his instructions for diet and used his knowledge of foot ulcers to treat it. It has been 5 months & the ulcer is 90% healed. Thanks to him & his wonderful staff.
in Akron, NY |
I have seen Dr Pochatko on and off for over 20 yrs. due to RA. He has never been quick to operate but when he does he is very qualified surgeon. I have complete trust in his opinion and treatment plan. I plan to continue to use him for all my feet orthopaedic issues. He keeps me walking.
in Buffalo, NY |
I would not recomend this man to anyone i cared about. He is disrespectful.mean,degrading to paitients.he has put me down, bad mouthed other Doctors that i have seen,completly trashed excelsior doctors and said they should not be practicing physician.I have never in my life been so misstreated by a Doctor before.My first visit i sat in the waiting room for 2 hours,he came in all sressed out and completly took out his frustration on me and was rude,and nasty.Did not even opologize. WORST Dr.
in North Tonawanda, NY |
Terrible! Don't go to him!
in North Tonawanda, NY |
DONT go to this HACK! I went to him on recommendation of my pcp and he DESTROYED my foot! i have no feeling in 3 of my toes, can't bend my left foot and cannot bend 4 of my toes! I have had medical professionals tell me I do not have and operating foot anymore, and I had to have HIP surgery b/c of the way I'm walking now!!! HE SUCKS! He spent seconds with me and made a decision that has taken YEARS off my life! He didn't listen to me, and I am forever scarred by this experience!
in Depew, NY |
I went to see Dr. Pochatko for a second opinion. His greeting was an attack on me due to having my attorney sending him my medical records. I went to see him looking for help with my pain Not my case . He said he had nothing other than reports to go by which I find hard to believe since I personally dropped off the MRI disk and report. I will NEVER go back. If he couldn't compose himself over how I got my records to him, I can only imagine how he would treat my case
My opinion....This is most conceited and arrogant physician I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. He is rude, has no empathy and treats you like you are waiting his time. My advice...unless you are unconscious, choose another physician.
in New York, NY |
I brought standing x-rays of my foot for Dr. Pochatkoto review in order to diagnose my problem. The first thing the nurse said to me when I was in the examination room was, Dr. Pochatko would like to take a standing x-ray of your foot. He couldn't even tell that the x-ray I brought in WAS a standing x-ray. When he came in he was very brief & curt with me. After a very rushed & superficial examination of my foot he gave me a diagnosis which was proven to be inaccurate by another doctor.
Have you seen Dr. David Pochatko, MD?
Are you Dr. Pochatko?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Sisters of Charity Hospital

Visit Dr. Pochatko

Dr. Pochatko accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO