Ophthalmology  |
Dr. David Perlmutter, MD
My patients tell me how incredibly important their vision is to their wellbeing, and I love being a physician who can help them with such a vital part of their lives. I feel that my responsibility is to be both skillful and compassionate, so that I can educate people about their conditions and partner with them to reach the best possible treatment decision. I enjoy achieving this through cutting-edge technology both in the office and in the operating room.

PERLMUTTER LAWRENCE MD OFFICE

• Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Perlmutter

My patients tell me how incredibly important their vision is to their wellbeing, and I love being a physician who can help them with such a vital part of their lives.  I feel that my responsibility is to be both skillful and compassionate, so that I can educate people about their conditions and partner with them to reach the best possible treatment decision.  I enjoy achieving this through cutting-edge technology both in the office and in the operating room.

Dr. Perlmutter's Experience

Dr. Perlmutter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Glaucoma Treatment
  • Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Harvard College
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Geisinger Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Perlmutter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Perlmutter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Perlmutter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Perlmutter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Perlmutter to family and friends
Dr. Perlmutter's Performance
in Hudson, NY |
My experience with Dr. Perlmutter as well as with the office staff was very positive. I had cataract surgery on both eyes and was very satisfied with the outcome. The follow-up has been a good experience as well. I highly recommend this office.
in Clifton Park, NY |
My experience with Dr. David Perlmutter was excellent. Before doing anything I had a very complete evaluation. Then we discussed options. I always felt I was in control of what was happening with dialog with him. I had cataract surgery and it turned out great. I would highly recommend Dr. David Perlmutter
in Chatham, NY |
Im extremely happy with the care Im presently receiving. I had developed cataracts and the time finally came for a new intraocular lens. Dr David Perlmutter has taken measurements to ensure I have the very best results. The lovely people that work with Dr Perlmutter are very professional and friendly. They truly appreciated my extreme enthusiasm with my PERFECT vision in my first procedure. HIGHLY recommend this Dr!!!!
in Delmar, NY |
After diagnosis of a cataract, Dr Perlmutter handled the whole surgery process in a professional and satisfactory manner. It was efficient and courteous. He was very informative in discussing the conditions and which options and decisions had to be made. I highly recommend him.
in Scotia, NY |
His office staff are helpful and professional. The waiting time to see the doctor was reasonable. The doctor and his staff left no questions unanswered. Never rushed. The results of the surgery on my eyesight is truly amazing. Highly recommend!!
in Albany, NY |
Very professional, friendly, knowledgeable and was very informative.
in Athens, NY |
Today I had my post op exam for my second eye surgery for cataracts. It is wonderful to see again without glasses. My insurance set me up with Dr. D. Perlmutter, MD. I won't say I wasn't scared I was. That was only a few weeks ago and today I am sitting at my computer glasses free and loving every minute of it. He is well skilled in his profession. His staff are delightful and make you feel comfortable. I am pain free and ready to live life again. Don't wait. Make that call today. Thank you Dr.
in Albany, NY |
I was referred to Dr David Pearlmutter for Cataracts evaluation. Right from the moment I met Dr Pearlmutter I felt comfortable with his evaluation. Did not hesitate to agree to surgery and I am blessed that I can see clearly and better than ever. So amazed and extremely happy I scheduled my next appointment for the other eye to be done. Both eyes were done within three months of each other and I am extremely happy with my new eyesight. I also am now his patient and strongly recommend him.
in Brunswick, New York |
My experience with Dr Perlmutter has been fantastic. His patient interaction is wonderful and makes you feel at ease. Fully explains everything very thoroughly and spends ample time with you. Recently had cataract surgery performed by Dr Perlmutter and I am absolutely amazed at the results. Dr Perlmutter has my highest recomendation.
in Altamont, NY |
My experience with Dr. Perlmutter, the surgery and the follow up to date has been outstanding. I do not believe I could be more satisfied, it is wonderful to be able to see again. Thank you, Dr. Perlmutter!
Auburn, IN |
When I first saw Dr. Perlmutter, I had a vision problem that had not been properly diagnosed and treated. He instantly recognized the main problem and instantly began proper treatment. He was there through every step of getting my vision stabilized. Although I have permanent vision loss as a result of my untreated condition prior to seeing Dr. Perlmutter, my remaining vision has improved from what it was when I first saw him. He has been caring and helpful throughout this period of treatment.
in Danville, PA |
Dr. David Perlmutter always answers my questions with an explanation that I can understand. He is knowledgeable, genuine and I would recommend him to anyone. Just a really great person.
in New Providence, NJ |
When Dr. David Perlmutter was a Resident at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, he performed my complex cataract surgery. He impressed me as being down to earth and caring as well as being very skilled and extremely well educated. My post surgery sight is better then it has ever been in my life. I will forever be grateful for his expertise and kindness.
When seen by a specialist at Wills Eye Clinic in Philadelphia, I asked for a recommendation for a physician for cataract surgery. Dr. Perlmutter was recommended, and I have been very pleased with his practice. Dr Perlmutter performed the surgery, and all went well despite my other serious eye conditions which were not at all impacted. Dr. Perlmutter is personable and able to explain procedures and answer questions in an appropriate manner. I very much regret that he is leaving my area.
in Albany, NY |
Dr. David Perlmutter is kind, empathetic and competent. He is a bright caring human being who does not consider his MD to stand for 'minor deity'. His technical competence is reinforced by an easy manner. When one discusses bedside manner it is easy to see Dr. David sitting on the edge of a hospital bed calming a patient. I am grateful to his practice for exceptional care and we are happy to have him in this area. With him and his father, my family will get the best treatment possible.
in Slingerlands, NY |
I am pleased to see that Dr. David Perlmutter has chosen to practice Ophthalmology in our area.I find that his consults after my exam(s) are explained in detail.He is an excellent listener and responses are thorough with any questions asked, never feeling rushed. One visit to his office will find yourself leaving with the assurance that you have seen an excellent/caring doctor...qualities I look for when seeking doctor care. My eyes are my windows..Thanks Dr. David for taking good care of them.
in Albany, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Perlmutter. He is very thorough in his line of work. He never rushes you and explains everything pertaining to your condition. When you leave his office you you feel like you have been taken care of in the best way possible.
in Danville, PA |
Dr. Perlmutter made my eye appointment great! He was very caring and easy to talk to. He was very gentle with my eye exam and spent the time with me that I needed. I would definitely see him again and would recommend him to my family and friends.
Danville, PA |
I had a feeling of comfort and confidence under Dr. Perlmutter's care upon first meeting him. I was nervous before going to 1st appointment re: having an eye exam that involved using instruments to look around all parts of my eye. He explained what the procedure would entail before starting the exam. There were no surprises. He asked me frequently if I was doing ok. He showed genuine care and concern. I have had several appoints with Dr. Perlmutter and have always had excellent care.
in Bloomsburg, PA |
Dr. Perlmutter is kind and caring, along with being extremely skilled in his medical field. Dr. Perlmutter also answers my e-mail questions promptly.
Have you seen Dr. David Perlmutter, MD?
Are you Dr. Perlmutter?