Dr. David Pedowitz, MD

Dr. David Pedowitz, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery  |
Male
Dr. David Pedowitz, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery doctor who practices in King of Prussia, PA. Read his story

234 Mall Blvd Ste G10

King of Prussia, PA 19406

• Amerihealth
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware
  • Keystone Health Plan East

Learn about Dr. Pedowitz

See how frequently Dr. Pedowitz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Pedowitz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Pedowitz's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pedowitz "Dr. Pedowitz is an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Thomas Jefferson Medical College. He is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and is Fellowship Trained and specializes in the treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle. Dr. Pedowitz serves as Consultant to the Philadelphia Phillies and Philadelphia 76'ers Dr. Pedowitz has has numerous peer review scientific papers, lectures throughout the world, has presented his research nationally and internationally, and has written numerous book chapters on the treatment of orthopaedic foot and ankle conditions. He is actively involved in the development and engineering of total ankle replacements and other technology used by foot and ankle surgeons. Dr. Pedowitz is a member of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society."

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Lehigh University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Hahnemann School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery, Private Practice Of Roger A. Mann, M.D.
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Georgetown University
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Pedowitz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pedowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pedowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pedowitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pedowitz to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Pedowitz's Performance
King Of Prussia, PA |
It's been 13 months since my surgery with Dr Pedowitz and everything is going very well. I am very happy with my progress and would recommend him to anyone.
in Reading, PA |
Dealing with the Rothman Institute and Dr. Pedowitz has been a great experience. I would definitely recommend him to everyone. I had serious foot problems for over 20 years and had seen over 10 different doctors during those years. I had pttd and was in a lot of pain but after my surgery I was able to go back to work and the gym again and live a pain free normal life. Kudos to the Rothman Institute and Dr. P.
in Mohrsville Pa |
Dr Pedowitz gave me my life back, after miss diagnosed with planter fasciitis for five years. I'm so grateful to Dr Pedowitz for finally fixing my foot. Thank you!!!
in Hillsville |
Fell from a ladder in 2007 fracturing my ankle (Talus bone) on a Holiday evening and he had me in the operating room in a few hours. Outcome was great. Now 10 years later as arthritis has started causing issues with my love of hiking, he saw me in follow up, remembered me and discussed future options including possible ankle replacement. He did not rush me into any decisions and spoke to me about conservative treatment which has been effective since my visit with him 7 months ago.
in Newark, DE |
Very impressed with the entire operation and the staff at Rothman in Bryn Mawr. My dealings with Dr. Pedowitz, his assistant Joe, nurse Stephanie and scheduler Lilli have all been positive. I had a complicated ankle procedure and 2 weeks after, it seems like it is going in the right direction. The doctor was very honest and open and explained in detail about the procedure. It was worth the hour and a half drive to see him and his staff.
in Old Forge, PA |
Had an issue with my foot, two broken metatarsals, Dr Pedowitz examined my foot, reviewed the X-rays and told me that I didn't need surgery and needed to keep the weight off of the foot using a booth until the bones healed. Dr. Pedowitz referred me to a podiatrist at Rothman Institute, Dr. Langman and today I'm glade to say the foot healed. Dr. Pedowitz was right on with his diagnosis and I would highly recommend him highly along with Dr. langman.
in ParkerFord, PA |
Dr. Pedowitz was extremely thorough in explaining what happened to my ankle- dislocation and broken tibia and fibula. He explained all about the bimalleolar surgery and what to expect afterwards. At my discharge appointment 4 months later he said if i feel the healing is going backwards I could call and they would write me another script for physical therapy.
in Haverteown |
I had heard about Dr Pedowitz from several of his past patients, and liked him personally right away. He was able to remove hardware from a fused toe that had been bothering me for a long time. I had questions, and every time they were promptly answered. I am so confident in this doctor and his entire staff that I would almost be willing to go through more surgery just to continue being his patient.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Pedowitz explained everything that would occur before, during, and after my surgery. My recovery was exactly within the range as described by Dr. Pedowitz. My surgical repair is a complete success.
in Spring City |
Doctor Pedowitz repaired both of my very broken feet in 2016! As a result of an auto racing crash on Father's Day 2016, I broke all metatarsals on the left foot and the shattered the heel bone on my right foot. Dr. Pedowitz performed surgery and I was walking (gingerly) again with doctor's orders by the end of August.
Ashburn, VA |
Dr. Pedowitz did an excellent job with the severed tendon in my toe. I now have 80% mobility in my toe, and can do everything I used to do. He was kind, caring, and did a great job!
in Paoli |
He failed to explain a treatment option on my initial visit. After further inquiry I learned from his assistant that I am a candidate for the optional treatment. I scheduled a subsequent appointment, and upon arrival was told by the receptionist that he was running about 20 minutes late. I was placed in an examination room, and after a total delay of 2 hours, during which time no one apprised me of when he would see me, I left because of another commitment. Patient's time is also valuable.
Dear Patient, Thank you for your review and feedback. We sincerely apologize for the long wait time you endured and the lack of communication by our staff. We are constantly working to make improvements and your feedback will certainly help us. We would love to talk with you directly to gather more detail. If interested, please call us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in Douglassville |
I had an overall fantastic experience with Dr. Pedowitz as my surgeon. I had a condidtion called accessory navicular syndrome, which caused a chronic condition in my right foot. Dr. Pedowitz, also an avid runner, listened to me and understood that I wanted to do all that I could to overcome the issue, and supported the idea of surgery. He had a great bedside manner, and I felt comfortable during the process. I had surgery in May and have been recovering since, but the chronic pain is gone.
Philadelphia, PA |
Only complaint is when I need forms filled out for work and disability you charge 20.00, why? So far it has cost 60-80 dollars with extensions!!!
Dear Patient, Feel free to contact us directly at 267-339-3689 so we can look into these charges further. We appreciate your review and your feedback! Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Philadelphia, PA |
I had an amazing experience here at Rothman. Dr. Pedowitz was wonderful and got me back on my feet in no time. I highly recommend Rothman Institute. Thank you!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Pedowitz explained everything clearly, made me feel safe and put me at ease. He repaired my leg and installed hardware with no problems. Recovery was a breeze. So grateful I chose Rothman and Dr. Pedowitz and his staff.
Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent!! I have no complaints at all!!
Philadelphia, PA |
Everyone was very wonderful. I found my new doctor after all these years.
Philadelphia, PA |
All of my experience with Dr. P from pre surgery, post surgery and follow up has been wonderful!!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Pedowitz and his staff at Rothman Institute - King of Prussia are horrible. I had an appointment for 2:30 and at 5:00 left without seeing Dr. Pedowitz, getting any form of evaluation or treatment. No one explained to me why I was waiting 2.5 hour and why my appointment wasn't just made for 5:00. Dr. Pedowitz didn't have the common decency or show any level of compassion for his patients by just letting me know what the hold up was or how much longer I could expect to sit. Horrible.
Dear Patient, We are truly sorry and disappointed to learn of the extremely long wait time you endured. Our goal is to exceed patient expectations and we are disheartened that we failed miserably to do so for you. We would love the chance to speak with you directly to gather more detail. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in Newtown Square, PA |
I was treated by Dr Pedowitz for an Achilles rupture. He explained the options I had for treating the rupture. I decided on a surgical repair and everything went smoothly with no complications. He is very caring and skilled. I would highly recommend him! At times there is a wait to see him but that is always the sign of a great doctor to me. He had to fit me into his schedule when I had my injury so I didn't mind when I had to wait.
Philadelphia, PA |
I wasn't sure if surgery was the way to go, but Dr. Pedowitz showed me why and how. I am more than pleased with the results.
in Doylestown, PA |
After a bad metatarsal break, I needed a surgeon to install a plate. I got so lucky that Dr. Pedowitz was available. He has a fabulous bedside manner! I worried about some potential complications of surgery, and I was very impressed by how well he listened to my concerns. That made me trust him completely. He spent a lot of time explaining my options clearly and honestly. The surgery went very well. I had remarkably little pain. Wonderful followup. I highly recommend him!
in Phoenixville, PA |
From the get go He was very informative and helpful and let me know my options and what he was going to do.
in Berwyn, PA |
Dr. Pedowitz successfully operating on my ankle, allowing me to walk without pain. The experience was exceptional from beginning to end. He first recommended physical therapy, which resulted in moderate relief. Scheduling surgery was seamless, from blood tests to medical clearance. Surgery day was calm, professional and without fear. Initial recovery was painless thanks to a nerve block. Total time off my feet was six weeks. After three months of PT, I'm walking like a gazelle!
in Schwenksville, PA |
Dr Pedowitz is fantastic. He is thorough, down to earth, answered every question I had although it was the most important thing he had to do that day. He is friendly, efficient, and caring. I would highly recommend him. The only frustration in the whole process was that he tends to run behind schedule. Once I waited 2 hours, and another time 45 minutes. He is worth the wait.
in Lansdale, PA |
I had a very serious ankle injury that required multiple surgeries including a ligament replacement procedure. I happened upon Dr. Pedowitz by chance and feel incredibly lucky to have had him as my treating physician. Dr. Pedowitz is smart, engaging and has a very pleasant demeanor. He is thorough in his explanations and genuinely cared about me. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Fleetwood, PA |
The experience I had with Dr. Pedowitz exceeded my expectations from the initial consultation through my surgery and followup care. The depth of explanation throughout each step was thorough, relevant and understandable. All questions and concerns were completely addressed. I especially liked his disposition as a physician and the raport that we developed. I selected Dr. Pedowitz by chance when I was considering the procedure that I needed and feel very fortunate regarding the outcome.
in quakertown,pa |
Fantastic.Nice guy,listened to what I had to say. VERY courteous and helpful staff. These guys are good.
Have you seen Dr. David Pedowitz, MD?

Visit Dr. Pedowitz