Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Palmer, MD
Dr. David Palmer, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Oak Park Heights, MN. He is 71 years old and has been practicing for 46 years. Dr. Palmer is affiliated with Lakeview Hospital.

5803 Neal Ave N

Oak Park Heights, MN 55082

• HealthPartners
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Palmer

Dr. Palmer's Experience

Dr. Palmer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Runner's Knee
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Still's Disease

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• University Of Minnesota Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1971
  • UCLA Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1972
  • University Of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1977

Dr. Palmer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Palmer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Palmer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Palmer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Palmer to family and friends
Dr. Palmer's Performance
in Mankato, MN |
Had a total knee replacement surgery with excellent results.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Just had my second hip replaced in late April by Dr. Palmer and can testify to a great experience with both him and his staff. My husband also had a hip replaced by Dr. Palmer with an excellent outcome. I have recommended Dr. Palmer to all of our friends.
in Hudson, WI |
My total knee replacement was unbelievable. I was really apprehensive (scared, actually) about the whole procedure. He assured me that it would go well and I would be walking on day one and doing stairs the next day. That's exactly what happened. He used minimally invasive surgery, which is amazing. I did exercises 6 weeks prior as well as I continue to do after, followed all the "rules" and had very little pain or discomfort.I have have recommended him to a friend who has two surgeries schedule
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Palmer performed hip resurfacing (Birmingham) on my right hip on April 11. I was scheduled for total hip replacement in May with a different surgeon, but was strongly encouraged to meet with Dr. Palmer by a friend who resurfacing done in December. I was able to get in to see Dr. Palmer the same day that I called and was very pleased with the amount of time he took describing replacement and resurfacing and the outcomes of each without pushing either one. I'm recovering very well! Very happy!
in Menomonie, WI |
A great surgeon. Have had surgery by him myself as well as other family members who have gone to him. We drove about 70 miles to have him. Well worth our trip.
in Blaine, MN |
I had a total knee replacement in February 2017 by Dr. Palmer. He did an excellent job. My recovery was so fast and my scar is minimal. I will and have recommended him to anyone. He is a very nice, and I felt reassured that he would do an excellent job.
in St Paul, MN |
I saw numerous providers seeking answers for a condition. Dr Palmer was by far the most caring, compassionate of all.
St. Paul, MN |
I had my left hip replacement done 4 years ago and just had my right hip replacement done by Dr. Palmer. Both surgeries went very well without any issues from my left hip and my right hip is doing just as well. I am very pleased with the whole process of scheduling the surgery and the surgery process and afterwards. I would recommend Dr. Palmer for any orthopedic surgeries.
in St Paul, MN |
Dr. Palmer did my left knee eight years ago and it turned out perfect. He did the right one on the 4th of January and I could not be happier. I am two weeks ahead of schedule and NO pain!!! When you want the best results, go to the Best! Twin Cities Orthopedic and Dr. David Palmer.
in Mesa, AZ |
I have had two knee replacement surgeries. The first one was done in Arizona and was the traditional procedure. I had much pain and long recovery with it. The second one was done by Dr. Palmer in Stillwater, MN. He used a minimal evasive technique along with his talent & experience it was a huge success. I can't describe how much less pain, shorter recovery, & full flexibility resulted! His bedside manner is flawless. I recommend him to everyone!
in Chisago City, MN |
Dr. Palmer is a good listener. He listens to his patient's concerns about joint problems, then assesses the best way to help alleviate the pain. He is good with patients and communicates in layman's terms the plan of action. He can find the spot that hurts just by listening to a description of the symptoms. That may not feel good initially, but it is certainly worth the final result.
in Wyoming, MN |
Dr Palmer has the most experience on the staff. He invented multiple orthopedic procedures used by most others today.
in Oak Park Hgts. Mn. |
Known Dr.Palmer for about 15 yrs has done both my hips and just finished having total replacement of right knee. Highly, highly recommend him for any of your orthopedic needs. Have never had a single problem with any of his surgeries. Kind, compassionate, great bedside manner. Tim Axel
in Minneapolis |
Dr Palmer performed a total knee replacement with ease of scheduling and remarkable recovery time. My physical therapist sees many similar procedures and noted often on my quick recovery! His clinic and Lakeview Hospital were superb in helping me get through my first major surgery. I'm now 12 weeks after surgery and have mobility and NO pain.
in St Paul, MN |
Dr. Palmer has been a tremendous physician for me and has treated me with respect and the utmost professionalism. Since the first procedure nine years ago I've been very, very satisfied with the results and the functionality of the procedures.
in Stillwater, MN |
Dr. Palmer is very well known in this region and has a first rate reputation. His experience is top notch.
Stillwater, MN |
Dr. Palmer has performed 2 hip replacements for me. I have been extremely satisfied with the care received and the results for each surgery.
in Hudson WI |
Great experience, Dr. Palmer explains thoroughly what to expect, he has the patience for questions I asked. I followed his recommendations with regards to a full recovery, and, he was right. Most of all for his expertise and knowledge of total knee replacements.
in Hugo, MN |
Dr. Palmer performed a total hip replacement on me in January. I am so happy with the results. It's wonderful to be pain free. Thank you Dr. Palmer for your excellent skills and care.
in White Bear Lake, MN |
I appreciated his candor to my questions and concerns.
in Faribault, MN |
I found Dr David Palmer to be a person 1st & a great doctor 2nd, good listener, then gave me his options without pressure. Very thankful others had recommended him to me & thankful for the care & outcome I received. Both knees replaced separate times, each successful. Well worth driving 85 miles one way for care with his team.
in Saint Francis, MN |
I am so happy with my results from Dr. Palmer. He did such a wonderful job that I feel that I am 85% better. I thanked Dr. Palmer for making my life better by not being in so much pain. I would recommend him to anybody. He is a great Dr.
in Blaine, MN |
Dr. Palmer has replaced both of my hips and my right knee over the past five years. I give him an excellent rating on how he has diagnosed and worked with me in preparation for these surgeries over the years, and then the actual surgery successes and the follow through after the surgeries. He has a great bed side manor!
in North Mankato, MN |
January 7, 2016, will be my 1 year anniversary since I had my bilateral minimal invasive total knee replacements. It has changed my life. I was unable to walk across our yard, unable to climb stairs without pulling myself up. Since my surgery I have energy, since I am not in pain all the time. I was very faithful with my physical therapy and went directly to snap fitness 3 x week, which I continue to attend. Thank you Dr. Palmer and staff for their excellent skills and care. M Milbrath
Have you seen Dr. David Palmer, MD?
Are you Dr. Palmer?