Dr. David Packey, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Packey

Neurology Clinic

1333 Pine St Melbourne, FL 32901

Dr. David Packey, MD is a neurology specialist in Melbourne, FL and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from University Of Miami / School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Packey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Packey

3.4

Dr. Packey?
Dr. Packey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Packey, MD
Worst office management ever. Had an appointment for 5:25 pm...tried calling the day before with no response, finally got through at 10:00 am the day of the appointment to cancel. Was sent a $75 missed apt fee! Called the office and the billing person became argumentative and questioned my integrity. I DO NOT RECOMMEND. Instead of me rescheduling I will search elsewhere with them losing out on potentially tens of thousand of dollars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
I cannot say enough. I was referred from a different doctor in the area that uses Dr. P as a family neuro. I was so pleased with how long he took with me, how many notes he took, and how he listened. I have been dealing with an ongoing, odd issue that nobody has fully taken the time to listen to. I truly feel he listened and is willing to help. I left feeling better about my situation. Time spent, notes taken, viewing of films, and more.....are the reasons I am writing this review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
Would not recommend this doctor at all. Not only did he not examine me on a new patient exam which being to multiple neuros over my lifespan so that is par for the course he barely asked any questions. I was also amazed he was not up to date on doing nerve block injections for migraine sufferers. And his staff is appalling in regards to being caring and empathetic. Phone skills are horrendous and no one seems to care that they are in customer service.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
Dr. Packet spent years misdiagnosing me and waisted years of my life. After finally getting a second opinion, I was diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury from my years as a boxer. There could have been many things I could have been doing to treat this such as cognitive therapy with a speech therapist. My new neurologist is watching for CTE whereas this Dr told me for years there was nothing wrong when I new there was even contacting other Drs behind my back with no cause. I DO NOT recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
During my visits over the years I have found Dr. Packey to be prompt, prepared, compassionate, attentive, listening carefully, speaking clearly, kind, pleasant and thorough. I come prepared, thus he is able to use our time with proper focus. He explains pertinent information clearly, takes time to answer related questions & focused on the reason for the visit. I find this doctor to be honest, trustworthy & knowledgeable and I'm lucky to be his patient. Staff is busy but helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
Dr Packey has always been there for me day or night. He is working very closely with me yo cure my migraines. Your the best!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
In January of 2017 I experienced what Dr. Packey later determined was a TIA. When I called him shortly after I experienced some double vision he told me to come to his office immediately. Upon my arrival he gave me two 325 mg aspirins and briefly examined me. He ordered a CAT scan for the following morning and another with a dye. The next day he went over the results which thankfully showed no damage. He speculated that it just might have been a very small substance flowing in my bloodstream.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
Dr. Packey is a consummate professional that genuinely cares immensely about his patients. I have been seeing Dr. Packey for quite some time and he continues to provide me with excellent care and advice. His staff is over the top awesome as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
I can't write an experience with the Dr because this office requires a referral for ALL patients. My father, who is a WWII vet was denied an appointment because he didn't have a referral. He is on Medicare, which does NOT REQUIRE REFERRALS! Lindsey said that "He will not be able to see a Dr. here" Terrible office and practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
I took my mom who’s 89 to her appointment and it was a great experience. The entire staff was very friendly and professional. Dr. Packey has a wonderful bedside manner and took his time explaining everything to my mom and I. He is very patient and kind and I would highly recommend him to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Packey for severe headaches. I had seen many other doctors (neurologists, PCP's, dentists, TMJ specialists, etc.) over the past 4 1/2 years. Dr. Packey's unwavering attention to my concerns and symptoms have put me at ease in knowing that my health is his first priority. He continually cares about my comfort, looking to resolve my pain issues. His staff is excellent, always understanding that I'm not at my best when I do come in. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
I went to see Dr. Packey for a second opinion on a neurological problem. Aside from finding Dr. Packey very personable and very competent, I was surprised that he discovered something in my MRI which had been missed by other doctors. I was grateful that he was able to address this additional issue, as well as what I originally went to see him for. I appreciate that Dr. Packey took the time to listen to me and answer my questions. His explanations were clear and understandable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
Dr. Packey is an excellent doctor. Dr. Packey and his staff are very professional and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
Excellent doctor, took the time to fully explain things in language I could understand and he did not rush me out. I would highly recommend. His staff was friendly and through.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Packey's for the past 4 years. He is very thorough and explains everything in terms you can understand. If I have further questions he will always take as much time as needed until I understand and I am satisfied. One of my key reasons for seeing Dr. Packey is that he is not a physician that will rush you through your appointment time. His knowledge and love of his profession is evident when you speak with him. I highly recommend Dr. Packey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Packey from my primary care physician. His office called me within 2 days and was scheduled the following week. Dr. Packeys staff was pleasant and attentive to my needs. Dr. Packey took his time and truly listened to my issues. I did not feel rushed like many other doctors. He set a plan and I am very happy with him. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
This doctor is 240 lbs at the very least, he himself is not in very good health. Nor does he care about his patients. I just recently got my medical records and all he wrote on there was HIS perception of the issue and didn't include multiple things I said only things to make me look like the bad guy. He is very deceptive and does NOT care about his patients health. Its now a year later since I've been to multiple other doctors and not one doctor has helped me. they are all crooks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
Do NOT attempt telephone contact with this office if you have any critical needs beyond scheduling a regular office visit if you are an established patient. The staff is non-responsive, surly to the point of being rude when pressed, and completely isolate the doctor from his patients. Calls are not returned in a timely manner if at all. The stock answer to someone calling for assistance is "schedule an office visit". Nice, knowledgeable doctor if he's in front of you, not responsive otherwise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
You would think a doctor would understand a parent that has a special needs child would have to cancel and reschedule. Things come up beyond their control. Medicine isn't about helping people anymore. It's about filling up their schedules and money. Thank you for not helping and not understanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?
this the most terrible dr office visit if you can afford botox. will not call back. terrible go some where else
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Packey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Packey?

Our practice philosophy centers on offering the most advanced technical services in a caring atmosphere. We combine expertise with genuine compassion in order to accommodate the needs of each individual.

• Neurology

1989
1984
1977

Dr. Packey accepts

Dr. Packey accepts the following insurance:

AARP
Allstate
American International Group (AIG)
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Golden Rule
Health First Health Plans
HealthSmart
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
TriCare for Life
Secure Horizons
Vytra Health Plans
Wausau Benefits

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Packey's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Syncope
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Packey treats patients.

Viera Hospital