Dr. David M. Ott, MD

Dr. David M. Ott, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 59 years old

A Message from David Ott, M.D. I was always interested in learning about the human body and I was really good at science. But I think I even surprised myself at age 16, when my high school guidance counselor asked what I wanted to be and I said "a doctor". My mom was shocked, too. I am from a family of 6 kids and because I didn't get into a lot of trouble, I kind of flew under the radar. After that declaration, I was committed. I went to UC Riverside for pre-med. On the first day of freshman year, they told the 144 kids in the bio-med department that only 24 of us would be admitted to UCLA medical school. As it turned out, 20 of us were admitted. I entered med school thinking I'd become an internist. During my rotations though, I found that we were treating a lot of patients but not curing them. In orthopedics, we were fixing people. When anyone asks me now what kind of surgery I do, I say, "those that work". I like to make people feel better. My driving force every day is to provide the best possible care to my patients. My litmus test on every patient is whether or not I'd follow that treatment plan on myself. If the answer is "no", then I won't do it. I love this profession far more than most people do. My goal is to preserve quality medicine in our community. I am confident that my patients would agree that I deliver that. While I am very proud of the diplomas on my wall, nothing beats the drawer and wall full of letters from patients and their families telling me that I've changed their lives.Read more

Arizona Orthopedic Associates
690 N Cofco Center Ct Ste 290
Phoenix, AZ 85008 Get Directions
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Dr. Ott is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Ott's Experience

See how Dr. Ott's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ott

Dr. Ott accepts 44 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Ott has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Ott
Dr. Ott's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (74)
in Payson, AZ |
In 2014 Dr Ott performed surgery to replace both my knees. In Oct 2016 Dr Ott performed a full hip replacement on my left hip. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to get up and walk. The procedure he utilizes for hip replacements is amazing and he does a wonderful job performing it. His talent with hip and joint surgery has truly changed my life in a very good way. I will always be grateful for having him as my surgeon. His PA-C Chris Rubio is also extremely knowledgeable and helpful
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr Ott, has done 2 Successful knee surgeries on me. 2014 he did a revision on my Right knee which was a very difficult surgery as he was redoing a knee already done by a Dr in another state. It was a mess but Dr Ott did an incredible job by doing a total replacement & repairing damage to that knee. I am now pain free & thankful for Dr Ott's expertise, care & compassion. Oct 4th he did a total replacement on my Left knee & I am doing great. I am thankful for Dr Ott & his staff. He's Outstanding.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Excellent surgery and care.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I had a partial knee replacement.. Within two weeks my pain was gone and I was walking 5 miles a day again. Thank you Dr. Ott. Two years ago my knee started hurting and continued to get worse. I delayed my surgery and tried to find alternate procedures. What a mistake, surgery should have been my first choice.
in Paradise Vallley, AZ |
I was extremely fortunate to have had a referral, from a neighbor who is a physician, to Dr. David Ott. I suffered at least a year with extreme pain in my left hip and knee. At my initial appointment, Dr. Ott explained that the pain in my knee was a result of my hip which was bone-on-bone by that time. We discussed surgery and I agreed. I am now many months post-surgery and am very grateful to Dr. Ott for I am living pain-free. Thank you, Dr. Ott!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I've been a nurse for 30 years and still appreciate having a caring physician. Some doctors are in and out, spend little time with you and seem not very concerned. This is NOT what I got when seeing Dr. Ott. He listened to all my concerns, assessed my knee, Yes physically did an assessment (which is way more than the 2 previous physicians had done), took x-rays, then discussed my options. He never seemed rushed and took time to answer my questions and address any concerns. Excellent care.
in Phoenix AZ |
I had 2 excellent outcomes when Dr. Ott replaced both of my knees. He's caring and kind as well as knowlegible and gifted at orthopedic surgery. Highly recommend.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Four weeks ago, Dr. Ott did a hip-replacement surgery on me using the anterior technique. I was walking without pain or support (walker, cane, etc.) within 2-3 weeks. My husband also had both hips replaced by Dr. Ott using the anterior muscle-sparing method. Recovery time is greatly reduced using this technique by a skilled surgeon like Dr. Ott. We both recommend Dr. Ott highly
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Ott performed 4 surgical procedures on me in a 14-month period: total replacement of both hips; total replacement of 1 knee; and rotator cuff repair. Results of all were great. I highly recommend Dr. Ott.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Every aspect of care, communication, treatment and follow up was fantastic.
in Chandler, AZ |
In 2012 Dr. Ott performed total right knee replacement and a total left hip replacement surgeries on me. With regard to the left hip, he did an excellent job. I don't even know that I have an artificial hip, until I see the scar in the mirror. As to the replacement of my right knee, there is no time that I don't know that he performed that surgery. Dr. Ott did a terrible job replacing my right knee. I am in constant pain. It feels like someone stuffed a rock underneath my patella.
in Glendale, AZ |
Having experienced Two different types of hip surgeries, the Traditional (Conventional) and the Anterior Supine Intramuscular Hip Replacement, I would highly recommend the Anterior Surgery that Dr. Ott performs at the O.A.S.I.S. Hospital. I found the recovery time from the Anterior Surgery was substantially reduced compared to the Traditional Hip replacement I experienced several years ago. Dr. David Ott and his staff are the best. I highly recommend him for all Orthopedic Surgeries.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Ott by several friends who had had to have knee surgery because I was having problems with my knees, most noticeably my left. I ended up having to having surgery and Dr. Ott did a fantastic job! I am more than a hundred percent better than I was and enjoying life so much more. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ott!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Ott. He replaced my knee and I was out playing golf 33 days later. The hospital he works with, Oasis, was also fantastic. Very good experience.
in Tempe, az |
He took time to explain the problem and options to resolve it. Staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Scheduling appointments and surgery was easy and timely. He shows genuine concern in a successful outcome and the patient's understanding of the procedure and recovery.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Severe practice management issues. Take notes if you venture to that practice.
in Phoenix, AZ |
My anterior method hip replacement by Dr Ott was excellent ( technically) with minimal pain during the recovery period. Dr Ott is a true professional in every way.
in Phoenix, AZ |
From my first visit to Dr. Ott's office it was apparent that he and his staff care about their patients. He took the time to explain my condition and treatment to me and answer all my questions; he was not in a hurry to get to his next appointment like some doctors are. After talking with him you feel like you are his only patient; you can tell he enjoys helping his patients get their health back. I would very high recommend Dr. Ott and the anterior hip replacement surgery he performs
in Sun Lakes, AZ |
I am posting this review on behalf of my mother who doesn't have a computer. Dr. Ott replaced both of her hips. Here are her words: Dr. Ott?s demeanor is perfect for a doctor you are trusting with your life. He is mild mannered and professional, yet he seems to really care. He did an excellent job with both of my hip replacements. I had an excellent recovery and result both times. I have recommended him to a friend already.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Ott diagnosed the problem with my knee and explained it to me along with his proposed solutions. I researched what was proposed and decided that it was a good solution for me. I had no complications from the surgery and was able to walk without a cane after the 3rd day. I am very happy to have regained strength and stability on my left knee.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Experience was excellent, treatment for knee. Recommended a partial knee replacement verses total knee, able to play golf in two weeks.
Have you seen Dr. David M. Ott, MD?
Are you Dr. Ott?

Compare Dr. Ott

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Ott at Arizona Orthopedic Associates

Dr. Ott's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ott's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Ott has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ott's Board Certifications

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

UCLA school of Medicine

Graduated in 1982

Maricopa Integrated Health System
    Maricopa Integrated Health System

Dr. Ott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• All Shoulder or Elbow Replacement Procedures