Dr. David O'Donnell, MD

DermatopathologyMaleAge 63

Dermatopathology

Dr. David O'Donnell, MD is a Dermatopathology Specialist in Saginaw, MI and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan / Ann Arbor in 1984. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension St. Mary's Hospital and Covenant Medical Center Harrison. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. David O'Donnell, MD

Saginaw Valley Dermatology

4705 Towne Centre Rd Ste 301 Saginaw, MI 48604

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Dr. O'Donnell treats your condition or procedure

Dr. O'Donnell's conditions and procedures:

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid
  • Varicose Eczema
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. O'Donnell accepts

Dr. O'Donnell accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. O'Donnell's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Donnell

3.3

Dr. O'Donnell is an excellent dermatologist.
I see him every six months as I have had skin cancer. He explains his procedure clearly. I feel he is most competent and professional. I always feel that I have had the best treatment.
Aug 17, 2022
Excellent Dermatologist
I see Dr. O’Donnell every six months to exam and monitor my moles and skin spots. He is very thorough and has a very keen eye for noticing changes/new spots. When I leave the appointment, I feel confident that I am in good condition. I did not have a long wait to be seen. I believe that he and his staff have listened to other reviews and have stopped over booking.
Aug 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
Hard to make this short, I am a disabled veteran with a history of skin cancer in my family. I had a growth on my face that was recurring. The VA scheduled me for a biopsy of the lesion but is a 3 hour drive. Since I began new employment after caring for my elder parent, now deceased and gain pretty good health insurance through my company, I conversed with all three, the VA, Dr. Odonells office which was 1 hour and 20 minutes from me and Blue Cross Blue Shield. The VA stated they would give a referral for the preventative biopsy, Dr. Odonnells office stated they wouldn’t require it. They stated it would be a preventative measure as the history was in my family. Blue Cross confirmed there would be zero cost associated as it was all preventative. Received a bill in the mail for quite a bit of $ with much more to come separately from pathology according to a Monica, the supposed office manager/ billing contact for Dr. O’Donnell . BCBS said the doctors office did not code the procedures a
Robert – Aug 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
I began developing precancerous and cancerous lesions before I was 40 years old. Had been treated by a very good dermatologist who retired more than 30 years ago, but recommended I see Dr O'Donnell because of his capability to do Mohs Surgery. It was the best medical advice I have ever received. I literally have seen Dr O'Donnell every 3-6 months since, as many of the lesions I experience are aggressive in development and pernicious in nature, ultimately requiring Mohs to confidently destruct. He listens well, respects my judgement and together we have identified and treated several dozens of basal and squamous precancerous and cancerous cells. In every instance, he has discussed treatment options and I choose. I hate selecting Mohs, but am grateful to have this special capability available locally, executed by a careful and competent surgeon. Yes, over the years, the waits have sometimes been lengthy, but I feel worth the time, and I now see that problem being addressed.
Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
Dr. O'Donnell is a nice guy and a very good Doctor. He is very thorough and takes the time necessary to do his job well. Most critical reviews are about the wait time. Nobody likes to wait but, who wants a rush job when they have a serious condition? Would you be concerned with people in the waiting room if he was removing cancer form your face? I have been to specialists where a 3+ hour wait was normal. Have never waited that long for this Doctor. Personally, I am thankful to have found such a good Dr. in this area. Have always found his staff to be very friendly, courteous and professional. Always greeted with a smile.
Ken – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
Misdiagnosed by Dr O'Donnell. He took a biopsy of a spot on my face & said I needed Mohs surgery. Since it was on my face, I told him I wanted a 2nd opinion from UofM in Ann Arbor which I had been to in the past. He stated, "he trained in Ann Arbor & there really was no need for me to drive all the way to Ann Arbor" The U of M in Ann Arbor ordered my slides from Dr O'Donnell's office. They called me & said my spot was 'pre-cancerous' & only needed to be frozen. Lost all confidence in him!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Apr 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
I am so sorry to say this practice is completely mis managed for patients wait time . Waited each appointment over 1 hour and the dr is rushed . Another 30 minutes after you are called ! He's a nice guy but very very overbooked
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Plymouth, MI – Dec 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
Bedside manor is not a strong suit. Belittles patients and doesn't appear concerned how he makes patients feel.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Rudyard, MI – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
The best in Saginaw. Knowledgeable. The wait to get in is often long, but you'll get the correct diagnosis by a professional.
AEG in Saginaw, MI – Apr 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?
I like Dr Odonnell very much, he is a typically very busy Saginaw doctor. Accepts my insurance, the only one in town I could fine. He has done a great job.
Midland, MI – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Donnell?

• Dermatopathology

• Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
  • Dermatopathology

1984
University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. David O'Donnell, MD?

Does Dr. David O'Donnell, MD accept any insurance plans?

What conditions does Dr. David O'Donnell, MD treat?

Dr. O'Donnell frequently treats the following conditions: Skin Cancer, Dermatitis, and Basal Cell Carcinoma . See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. David O'Donnell, MD's office address?

Dr. O'Donnell's office is located at 4705 Towne Centre Rd Ste 301, Saginaw, MI 48604. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. David O'Donnell, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. David O'Donnell, MD is affiliated with Ascension St. Mary's Hospital and Covenant Medical Center Harrison.

Is Dr. David O'Donnell, MD a board-certified professional?

Yes, Dr. David O'Donnell, MD holds board certifications in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology and Dermatopathology.

How much experience does Dr. David O'Donnell, MD have?

Dr. O'Donnell has over 38 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. David O'Donnell, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 3.3/5 for Dr. David O'Donnell, MD. Patients say that they trusted the provider's decisions and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

Saginaw Valley Dermatology

Saginaw Valley Dermatology PC4705 Towne Centre Rd Ste 301 Saginaw, MI 48604

Dr. O'Donnell is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Ascension St. Mary's Hospital

Saginaw, MI

66% Patients that would definitely recommend, 4% lower than the national average

Covenant Medical Center Harrison

Saginaw, MI

78% Patients that would definitely recommend, 8% higher than the national average

1 Award Received

Mclaren Bay Region

Bay City, MI

55% Patients that would definitely recommend, 15% lower than the national average

University Hospital - University of Michigan

Ann Arbor, MI

84% Patients that would definitely recommend, 14% higher than the national average

18 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2022)