Dr. David Nielsen, DO

Dr. Nielsen
Telehealth services available

Charlottesville Orthopaedic Ctr

183 Spotnap Rd Ste C Charlottesville, VA 22911

Dr. David Nielsen, DO is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Charlottesville, VA and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1996 and specializes in orthopedic hand surgery and pediatric hand surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Hand Surgeons in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Nielsen accepts

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Nielsen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. David Nielsen, DO...

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Nielsen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nielsen

Dr. Nielsen?
Dr. Nielsen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Nielsen, DO
I’ve seen Dr. Nielsen a good bit over the last few years. He was the best. He always was straight up with me and didn’t sugar coat things and that’s what I like. Some doctors do what you want and not what may be best for you. I wasn’t for surgery and he never pushed for it but we tried other options before my elbow was so bad we didn’t have a choice. I ended up having Tommy johns surgery and it went as smooth as it could of gone. My recovery from the surgery and and healing was great. I was able to get back to playing golf and tournaments and that’s what delayed my surgery. His staff is excellent. Dr. Nielsen is my guy and trust him in taking care of me if I need anything else in the future.
Garin O'Roark – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen has done surgery on both hands and has a great bedside manner along with excellent results.
David Knighton – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen did hand surgeon for carpal tunnel surgery. I was disappointed in both his bed side manner and the butchering he did closing up the incision from surgery. My hand looked like Dr. Frankenstein did it. He had a cold and dissociative attitude towards me before, during and after surgery.
Unhappy – Oct 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
I have been seeing Dr. Nielsen for over a year for chronic arthritis in my left knee. Previously , I had two arthroscopic surgeries and an ACL reconstruction on the same knee over 20 years ago with different surgeons. Dr. Nielsen performed a full knee replacement on my left knee 3 weeks ago. During our appointments, both before and after the surgery, I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, very willing to answer questions (I had many) and extremely personable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone considering this type of surgery.
John Worth – Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
I've been a patient of Doctor Nielsen for about 20 years starting with a hand issue. In 2011 he replaced my left knee. The surgery went well, i recovered very quickly. I've had no complaints or problems with the joint. I believe it went well because of Dr Nielsen's skill as a surgeon. I see him every other year to monitor wear and tear on the knee, and to monitor my right arthritic knee. I am treated very well by Dr Nielsen and his staff, and every visit feels like I'm visiting old friends.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielson was very pleasant and professional when I went to see him for a frozen shoulder. He and the staff treated me with respect from the front desk to the x-ray tech, the assistant to the doctor... Even though I was hurting I was in a friendly caring atmosphere. I appreciate the care I received and highly recommend Cville Orthopaedic Center and Dr. Nielson to everyone who wants to excellent ortho care.
VA – Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
I found that Dr. Nielsen lacked empathy. He was more like an X- ray technician, explaining what the x-rays showed. His answers to my questions were vague and general, and did not help me know what the outcome could be. He took a phone call on his cell phone, in the middle of my appointment. Showed no compassion or nurturing energy, and I had 4 broken bones.
Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
What a lovely doctor! Dr. Neilsen is skillful, knowledgeable, and caring. He's also a very good listener. I felt understood and heard by him. Most importantly, I was completely comfortable entrusting him with performing surgery on my hand.
Rosalyn Berne in VA – Jul 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
I LOVE EVERYONE AT THIS OFFICE !!!!! I BROKE MY KNEECAP IN HALF AND WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE MY DR. NIELSON TO OPERATE THE VERY NEXT DAY...WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A VERY GOOD THING. IF YOU NEED CARING, COMPASSIONATE AND NICE...GO HERE !!!!! AFTER ONLY 5 MONTHS, I AM WALKING, WHEN I DIDN'T THINK THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE. THANK YOU TO MY NEW FOUND FAMILY !!!!! LISA OF PALMYRA
LISA in Palmyra, VA – Sep 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen hands down the best and most professional experienced doctor that could have performed my continuing extensive reconstructive surgery of my left limb following complications from a severe motorcycle accident. First time at his office his Staff was just impressive and continue to be just Immaculate today. Dr. Nielsen explains pros and cons to surgeries very well. But I need to say my heart Pumps confidence in C.O.C. knowing they will provide top/best/honest solutions. 5 Stars All-Day!
Emmit Picott in Greeneville, TN – Aug 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
My mother visited Dr. Nielsen, desperate after 11 years of knee pain following a knee replacement. She has seen over 6 orthopedic surgeons who told her there was nothing wrong with the knee. Dr. Nielsen ordered a series of tests which resulted in a finding that the knee was loose. The other surgeons were, in my opinion, negligent, causing my mother to suffer for 11 years. I would recommend Dr. Nielsen without any reservations.
Marcia Wills in Harrisonburg, VA – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen is very nice, he listen to all my complaints and talked to me about all my options. When I have another problem I will definitely go to Dr. Nielsen again.
Doris Shular in Orange, VA – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen is very caring, has wonderful bedside manner and explained everything in detail for our son's recent injury. His staff is outstanding and ease of appointments is amazing. Would highly recommend.
Deborah in Charlottesville, VA – Nov 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen has performed carpal tunnel release surgery on both of my hands, and is now treating me for arthritis in my knee. He's very knowledgeable and caring, and I feel confident that I'm getting excellent advice from him.
LC in Culpeper, VA – Nov 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
His staff is wonderful.Found a Physical therapist in Waynesboro that could do manual therapy as Dr Neilsen prescribed plus took my insurance. Very prompt in returning my phone call and accommodating a request I had. Dr Nielsen seems to care about his patients concerns.
Chicago, IL – Oct 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Second time in for trigger and as before, he was great in providing information, diagnosis and treatment!
john mceuen in Charlottesville, Virginia – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen was very good at explaining my problem and the treatment I received was good. he sent me to a therapy group that was also great. I felt that both the dr. and the therapy folks were honest and effective!
james d smith in ruckersville, va 22968 – Sep 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
Dr. Nielsen made me feel very comfortable. He had to repair a tear in my rotator cuff. After explaining the procedure, I was confident that he was the right doctor for the job. I will recommend him to anyone who need this type of surgery.
Elnora Perkins in Buckingham, VA – Jun 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?
hip replacement made as easy as possible with this type of condition!!!!!!
brenda e.fielding in Charlottesville, VA – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Nielsen, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Nielsen?

Charlottesville Orthopaedic Center works with patients in both Charlottesville and the surrounding communities, we treat musculoskeletal conditions in a variety of categories including the services listed below. We are also a full-service orthopaedic center, and we feel confident that we have a specialist for whatever your individual needs are.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery