Pain Medicine  |
Dr. David Newman, MD
Experience matters. Dr. Newman is board certified in Anesthesiology and also Pain Medicine. He has been in practice for over 25 years and has performed more than 12,000 procedures.

Genesis Analgesia Center

• Medicaid of Tennessee
  • RockPort Health Care
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Newman

Pain patients deserve a compassionate, comprehensive approach for successful treatment outcomes. We offer a nonnarcotic office-based interventional pain practice utilizing adjunct medications, image guided procedures, and complementary therapies. We avoid ineffective and dangerous narcotics for chronic pain conditions. Patients see the same physician every visit for continuity of care and we treat our patients as we would like our own family members to be treated.

Dr. Newman's Experience

Dr. Newman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Pain Management
  • Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Injections

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Tennessee
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • Saint George`S University / School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • St Joseph's Hosp/Seton Hall U
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • St Joseph's Hosp/Seton Hall U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Newman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Newman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Newman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Newman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Newman to family and friends
Dr. Newman's Performance
in Crossville, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Newman after an extended problem of nerve pain in my groin following a prior surgery. Dr. Newman performed an ilio inguinal block which temporarily relieved my pain for the first time in more than 5 years. He was also successful in finding a permanent solution to my pain problem. I'm very happy that I was referred to Dr. Newman! His staff was very warm, welcoming, and professional. I would recommend him to help find a solution to any pain problem you may have
in Walland, Tenn. |
I was sent to Dr. Newman by my family doctor after experiencing chronic pain in the abdominal and lower back regions. It took several trials to find the exact nerve location to deaden, but these were painless procedures and he was able to locate the right spot and deaden the pain. This procedure has continued to relieve the pain.
in Vonore, TN |
One year ago, I was researching back, knee and shoulder surgeries. I was in SO much pain I sat or laid most of the time. Today, I am living without pain. I am energetic once again, and I feel like 46 instead of 66. I have not take ONE ibuprofren in six months, and I was taking 1000 MG per day before the injections! I can take a “pinch and sting” a lot better than a knife and months of recovery. Dr. Newman is a caring and qualified doctor with a great staff!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Newman has literally saved me from a miserable life of pain. He was referred to me by good friends. On my first visit I could not stand up straight and had been sent to a back surgeon by my GP. Surgery was my last option. I am so thankful to have been referred to Dr. Newman. He takes his practice seriously and is extremely concerned about your welfare. I have referred three people to him. I am so lucky to have been his patient. Thank You, Sir.
in Maryville TN |
I had trouble with my knee and hip at different times. Dr. Newman injected each with a cortisone-related medication. Now both areas are pain free! I had seen him last year for the bursitis in my hip, and the treatment lasted until just recently, when he did another injection. Dr. Newman has a great sense of humor, but is very thorough in his work. He is an anesthesiologist and uses a low-dose x-ray to exactly pinpoint the problem area. I highly recommend Dr. Newman for pain relief.
in knoxville, tn |
I went to his office and could hardly walk I was in so much pain. He gave me one shot and I was able to walk out of the office.
in Knoxville, TN |
i am pain free in my back and both knees thanks to Dr. Newman. I was considering knee replacement, but after just a few treatments my pain was gone in both knees and also in my back. If you are having pain i think you should see Dr. Newman and try his procedure . it is the best i have felt in several years thanks to Dr. Newman and his staff. Robert Fletcher, Knoxville, TN
in Powell, TN |
Dr Newman and his staff are absolutely wonderful. Very professional and they all want to help you get pain free. I would highly recommend them to anyone. I have never been to such a kind caring Doctor. He really listens to you and takes his time trying to make you better. I love them all and will forever use him when needed. Thanks guys!!!!!
in Maryville, TN |
Dr. Newman and his staff are extremely professional, while at the same time treating me with kindness. I am impressed with Dr. Newman's ability to pinpoint my problems and relieve the crippling pain that I was experiencing. I have been able to return to an active life, whereas I entered his office wracked with pain. His treatment for my conditions have involved neither surgery or medications. I am grateful that someone referred me to this caring and knowledgeable group of medical professionals.
in Maryville, Tn |
I found Dr.Newman to be a friendly, accessible person.He asked good questions and was thoughtful in his answers. He struck me as perceptive and well versed in his field. I liked him immediately. Still do since he has proven his diagnostic and remedial kills so well.
in Lenoir City, TN |
Very professional, listened to and answered questions in a way that a layman could understand. Liked the fact that the procedure on my knee was done in house and with a minimum of pain and pain medication. The office staff was very professional and seemed to work very hard to keep patients informed. My wife and I have both been treatied by Dr. Newman and or very pleased with the care we received.
in Loudon, TN |
I had fallen and injured my shoulder and had gone to another doctor who gave me an injection in the shoulder area, which helped somewhat, but not enough. I went to Dr. Newman, who did a complete work up on me, including my shoulder. After consulting with me he also gave me an injection, but under X-Ray, which immediately took almost all of the pain away. He also gave me a prescription for Rehab, which I did with complete pain relief.
Knoxville, TN |
I was terrified going in to my shoulder procedure. Like most people, I do not much care for large needles. Dr. Newman was caring and compassionate during my injection. I had to ask him if it was over when it was. It was a painless procedure and my shoulder has been perfect ever since. I dealt with terrible pain for three months. I wish I had done this sooner. He is the best in the business and would highly recommend him to anyone suffering with pain issues.
in Knoxville, TN |
Professional and ethical in his demeanor, listens to me, and got to the source of my pain so quickly, I was and still am amazed. Staff is upbeat, friendly & not robotic like other medical settings I've encountered & I look forward to office visits. I recommend Dr. Newman highly..!
in Oneida , Tn |
Dr Newman found the problem and relieved the pain. He will then help find a qualified physician that can hopefully fix the problem. He and his staff are very helpful and friendly. They go out of their way to make your visit a pleasurable experience.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Newman is an incredibly knowledgeable doctor. I was having knee pain and had several injections performed by other physicians that did nothing to help my pain. After Dr. Newman performed procedures on my knee, I am now pain-free. When you leave his office you feel encouraged and hopeful of living life without being in constant pain. I would refer and encourage anyone to go see Dr. Newman and his exceptional staff today if they have any kind of pain.
in Maryville TN |
I am 80 years old and my wife is near that, so we are experiencing those pains associated with being Seniors. We tried accupuncture, pills , aerobics and heat and cold pads and all helped to a minor degree---and then we discovered Doctor David Newman and his procedures. While he told us he would not cure our pains his procedures diminishes the pain so that our lives are livable without pain. We feel that Dr .Newman's procedures have given us a new and better life. Thanks Doc..
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Newman and his staff are excellent! Very kind and helpful. Dr. Newman is very knowledgeable in all aspects of pain management. He was very informative when it came to explaining my symptoms, causes and treatment. His approach to treating pain is unlike any other doctor I have seen. I was having lower back pain that was quickly diagnosed as sacroiliac joint dysfunction by Dr. Newman! He recommended we try an SI joint injection as treatment and I am now pain free. Thank You Dr. Newman
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Newman was very professional and thorough in assessing my pain care needs. I was very impressed with his ease of conversation with me. I felt like he had really dedicated our visit to finding the right treatment for me.
in Lenoir City, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Newmans for four procedures, my left shoulder, right foot, and left hip (on two occasions). He has been extremely kind, gentle, and efficient. All of my visits have resulted in complete absence of pain. I am very satisfied with Dr. Newman and would not hesitate to refer my family and friends to him. Mary Beth Trout, 3/10/16
in Maryville, TN |
Dr. Neuman is an extremely knowledgeable, well read and compassionate physician. I had a very complex pain situation that he diagnosed on my first visit. I received a complete exam and he listened intently to my symptoms. I had an impinged nerve in my shoulder and after one painless injection the pain was gone. I underwent 6 painless stellate injections that reset my nervous system. I am pain free! I highly recommend and respect Dr. Neuman for his care and medical acumen.
in Williamston, NC |
Excellent doctor who cares about people and knows his craft to the fullest!
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Newman is excellent! During the very first appointment, he showed compassion and an ability to listen to issues, thus proposing new viable options. His knowledge has worked to help me become virtually pain free after over 10 years of chronic pain, without the use of narcotics. His office staff is exceptional to work with as well. Recommend Dr. Newman highly!
in Knoxville, TN |
A kind and compassionate physician who listens to his patients. A true professional who is of great credit to his profession.
Have you seen Dr. David Newman, MD?
Are you Dr. Newman?