Dr. David G. Nelson, MD

Dr. David G. Nelson, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 55 years old

Dr. Nelson specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Houston, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Nelson? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Nelson's Experience

See how Dr. Nelson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Nelson has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Nelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Nelson
Dr. Nelson's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (92)
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson is consistently patient, caring and knowledgeable -- he does such a great job taking care of me and my family! The staff is awesome, too!
in Houston, TX |
Evreyone was nice & pleasant and Dr. Nelson had great manner.
in Houston, TX |
I would HIGHLY recommend this Doctor. The traits found in the care Dr. Nelson and his staff provide are a rarity when choosing a primary care physician. I have been with Dr. Nelson and his staff for 8 years and hope that he will continue to be at North Family Practice for many more years to come. He and his staff are second to none when choosing a care provider.
in Cypress, TX |
I literally trust him with my life.
in Houston, TX |
I really wanted to leave no stars. Spent about 2 hours trying to make an appt with Dr. Nelson. He is the PCP on my insurance that I have only had 2 months. My appt is tomorrow and his office called today and told me they he is not taking new patients even though I made the appt and got an email confirmation. Would not recommend a doctor with this type of ethic.
in Cypress, TX |
He's been our family Physician for over 20 years and we think that he and the staff are the best.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr Nelson is warm and friendly and clearly cares about his patients. He listens carefully and prescribes the care needed. As my gatekeeper for specialists, he is very responsive. His secret weapon is Nurse Debbie. She is awesome. They are very friendly and responsive. I feel comfortable when I go there. So easy to get appointments. And its not all about money with them. I have specifically recommended them to family and friends. I could go on and on about how great they are.
Houston, TX |
My experience was fine but I was surprised that I wasn't asked more about previouse medical attention since I told both the doctor and his nurse that I hadn't seen a doctor in over 20 yrs. I expected to be scheduled for a physical and/or blood work to determine cholesterol levels. He diagnosed my high blood pressure and gave me a prescription to treat it but didn't schedule a follow up appt. The prescription is valid for a year so I guess my next appt will be when I have an emergency or illness
Katy, TX |
Dr Nelson has been out family dr for over 23years love him and so do my kids - we moved out of Cy-fair area to Katy - and we still make that drive just to see him - love love love him
in Houston, tx. |
Dr. Nelson is very easy to talk to and you feel like he is sincerely listening to your concerns. He is very calm and has a great bedside manner. Plus he is very smart and treats your medical problems correctly. He is proficient and orders medications appropriately and quickly at the pharmacy you provide. He is honest and down to earth which I really appreciated. As a healthcare professional myself, I can tell that he cares about his patients through his bedside manner. Thank you, Dr. Nelson!!!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson has been my primary physician for upwards of 11 yrs now I like him very much. He has no problem sending you to a specialist if need be.
I need a renewal of a prescription from my mail order pharmacy. Dr. Nelson's office has failed to respond. Have to call myself.
HOUSTON |
Very nice Dr Nelson always takes the time to listen to you
Houston, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Nelson for 26 years. Have always been happy with him.
in Houston, TX 77041 |
Simply the best, has been my Doctor for 23 years and is a joy. His staff is excellent as well.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson is a great doctor! You can tell right when you meet him that he is one of these doctors that knows medicine inside and out, not just one of these fresh out of school doctors. I've been seeing him for over a year now and the other doctor and two nurse practitioners there are great as well!
Dr. Nelson is the best!
in Tomball Tx |
I having going to Dr Nelson for the past 16 years or so and could not complain! He is the best doctor. He listens to you and let's you talk! I will continue going until the day he retires!
Have you seen Dr. David G. Nelson, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelson?

Compare Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Nelson does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Nelson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Nelson does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.