Dr. David Nelson, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Northwest Family Practice 9511 Huffmeister Rd Ste 100 Houston, TX 77095 Get Directions
Dr. David Nelson, MD

Dr. David Nelson, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center.

Dr. Nelson's Experience

See how Dr. Nelson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Nelson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Nelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson to family and friends
Dr. Nelson's Performance
in Houston, TX |
I have been a patient for well over 15 years. Dr. Nelson has always been professional and prompt with responding to your needs. Never a long wait time. Very flexible with prescribing meds without always the necessity of an office visit. He is open minded and has a very pleasant bed-side manner. I am very pleased with his services and his office staff.
in Magnolia, TX |
He is a very good caring doctor that listens to your needs ,and all of the staff are also very helpful . I highly recommend Doctor Nelson as your primary care doctor.
Cypress, TX |
Dr Nelson listsens, speaks kindly and is reassuring if you are stressed. I like him very much. He is eager to help.
Cypress, TX |
Dr Nelson has been taken care of my family for over 22 years and is caring and thoughtful.
in Houston TX |
My initial visit with Dr Nelson was very favorable. The appointment scheduling process and patient history recording was very well handled. Dr Nelson was personable and listened intently in taking stock of my health status. Was informative following results of lab tests and was helpful in providing referral recommendations for specialists. Very satisfied.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson and his staff make visiting the doctor painless. The entire staff are always warm and friendly. Wait time is always quick. Dr. Nelson is a top notch doctor for my entire family.
in Katy, Tx |
I've only had one other doctor that even comes close to Dr Nelson, Dr Nelson is the best doctor, 1st, he's so kind & always wanting to get to the root of your problems, he's so thorough never leaving a stone unturned, he's recommended a specialist when needed. He never tries to rush you & that's hard to find these days. His nurses & all of the staff is absolutely amazing, I would recommend him to anyone, in fact my granddaughter & all her family go to him now, & the LVN (Nancy) is wonderful??
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson has been my physician for almost 20 years. His patient demeanor and extensive experience puts me at ease. Excellent and wonderful staff. Debbie is great and very patient.
Houston, TX |
Dr Nelson is a very caring and knowledgable medical professional. He's been my primary care physician for more than 3 years. He mets and exceeds my medical needs and is very empathetic.
in Houston, TX |
Excellent doctor! He listens, his staff is supportive of his patients (Debbie his nurse is really great both in office and returning calls!) and he has been our PCP since he opened his doors. Three generations of my family are patients. (And Sherry is our hero, too! Always working to get us in when emergencies arise!)
Houston, TX |
My family of 6 has been going to Dr. Nelson since we moved to Cypress in 1994. He is an excellent doctor with a great bedside manner. He listens to you and spends quality time assessing your medical needs. I love his office staff who treat you like family. I have no problem getting same day appointments, if necessary; and they do have Saturday morning hours if you have something come up on Friday night. Definitely recommend Dr. David Nelson.
in Houston, TX |
Have been seeing Dr. Dave for approximately 15 years. Have received great healthcare from him and his staff. Would definitely recommend him.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson has been our family doctor for 15 years. He and his staff are excellent. He takes his time with patients, the staff is prompt and courteous and we would recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor.
in Houston, Tx |
Dr Nelson has been my doctor for several years! I can honestly say that he is hands down the best primary doctor I've ever had. He is very patient and I trust him with the decisions he makes for me and my family.
in Cypress, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Nelson for years. He is the most kindest and caring doctor I have been with. He truly cares about his patients and will take the time to talk to you and explain things.
in Houston, TX |
I feel good about having Dr. Nelson and his team as health care providers. I always get in to see them when I am sick the same day. They are good about refilling prescriptions as long as I keep my well health care appt once a year. I feel like Dr. Nelson listens to what I have to say and never rushes me.
in Houston, TX |
I love Dr Nelson as well as all of the staff at Northwest Family Practice!
in Houston, TX |
Dr Nelson is wonderful and so is his staff. Good listener and has been keeping me going for over 15 years.
in Houston, TX |
I'm very pleased with Dr Nelson and staff. I've been a patient for nearly 20 years and trust Dr Nelson. He takes the time to listen and diagnose your problem. He is very compassionate and caring.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Nelson is a person that truly cares about his patients...he spends the time needed to actually listen to the concerns of his patients...this quality is hard to find in 2017...my family really appreciates this...Dr Nelson also has an excellent staff that knows the definition of patient care and service.
Houston, TX |
Seen Dr Nelson once and it was a good experience. Thought he was knowledgable, understanding and decent. First real Dr I've seen since Dr Oakman retired. Nelson is now my physician.
Cypress, TX |
I have been seeing Dr Nelson for 20+ years and continue to see him. He is a great doctor and his nurse Debbie is fantastic. I have blood work monthly, and his phlebotomist, Brianna is the best.
Houston, TX |
Our family has been seeing Dr. Nelson for 20 years. He is knowledgable, helpful and extremely nice. He seems to really care about his patients and always tries to get us well quickly and back to our lives.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson is soft spoken, kind, knowledgeable and takes his time with his patients. He listens to patient questions and gives suggestions and solutions to problems. His staff is professional and friendly. Wait time is minimal.
in Houston, TX |
We have been seeing Dr. Nelson for 15 years and love him and his staff. Couldn't ask for any better. They always take care of our illnesses quickly and that is greatly appreciated.
in Cypress, TX |
I've had Dr Nelson as my primary care doctor probably since they opened practice. Maybe 1993 or 1994. He has been reliable to diagnose and treat me without any too little or too much. The wait time is extremely brief, and the staff is pleasant. Highly recommended.
in Houston, TX |
My husband and I have been blessed beyond belief to have found Dr Nelson. He has diagnosed many ailments from bronchitis to diabetes. He and his staff are always extremely prompt in returning phone calls when we need a prescription or calling about test results. His bed side manners are top notch! Thank you Dr Nelson for being a genuine, caring person who helps patients without sending us for a battery of tests. I would recommend Dr Nelson to anyone!!!!
in Houston, TX |
I just relocated to Houston, Tx. from New Orleans, La. and I've seen 3 other doctors before I met Dr. Nelson and boy was I impressed he delivered excellent services and his office staff is well polite and professional. what I also love about Dr. Nelson and his staff is the fact that they returned all my phone calls either on the same day or the next day and that's what I love about them the most because of my health problems I'm always wanting to learn more. The other 3 doctors didn't do that.
in Houston, TX |
I've gone to this practice for over 10 years. Dr. Nelson is always so polite, thorough, and actually listens to his patients. He cares for my entire family. We know he has our best interest at heart.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson is consistently patient, caring and knowledgeable -- he does such a great job taking care of me and my family! The staff is awesome, too!
in Houston, TX |
Evreyone was nice & pleasant and Dr. Nelson had great manner.
in Houston, TX |
I would HIGHLY recommend this Doctor. The traits found in the care Dr. Nelson and his staff provide are a rarity when choosing a primary care physician. I have been with Dr. Nelson and his staff for 8 years and hope that he will continue to be at North Family Practice for many more years to come. He and his staff are second to none when choosing a care provider.
in Houston, TX |
I really wanted to leave no stars. Spent about 2 hours trying to make an appt with Dr. Nelson. He is the PCP on my insurance that I have only had 2 months. My appt is tomorrow and his office called today and told me they he is not taking new patients even though I made the appt and got an email confirmation. Would not recommend a doctor with this type of ethic.
in Cypress, TX |
He's been our family Physician for over 20 years and we think that he and the staff are the best.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr Nelson is warm and friendly and clearly cares about his patients. He listens carefully and prescribes the care needed. As my gatekeeper for specialists, he is very responsive. His secret weapon is Nurse Debbie. She is awesome. They are very friendly and responsive. I feel comfortable when I go there. So easy to get appointments. And its not all about money with them. I have specifically recommended them to family and friends. I could go on and on about how great they are.
Houston, TX |
My experience was fine but I was surprised that I wasn't asked more about previouse medical attention since I told both the doctor and his nurse that I hadn't seen a doctor in over 20 yrs. I expected to be scheduled for a physical and/or blood work to determine cholesterol levels. He diagnosed my high blood pressure and gave me a prescription to treat it but didn't schedule a follow up appt. The prescription is valid for a year so I guess my next appt will be when I have an emergency or illness
Katy, TX |
Dr Nelson has been out family dr for over 23years love him and so do my kids - we moved out of Cy-fair area to Katy - and we still make that drive just to see him - love love love him
in Houston, tx. |
Dr. Nelson is very easy to talk to and you feel like he is sincerely listening to your concerns. He is very calm and has a great bedside manner. Plus he is very smart and treats your medical problems correctly. He is proficient and orders medications appropriately and quickly at the pharmacy you provide. He is honest and down to earth which I really appreciated. As a healthcare professional myself, I can tell that he cares about his patients through his bedside manner. Thank you, Dr. Nelson!!!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson has been my primary physician for upwards of 11 yrs now I like him very much. He has no problem sending you to a specialist if need be.
I need a renewal of a prescription from my mail order pharmacy. Dr. Nelson's office has failed to respond. Have to call myself.
HOUSTON |
Very nice Dr Nelson always takes the time to listen to you
Houston, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Nelson for 26 years. Have always been happy with him.
in Houston, TX 77041 |
Simply the best, has been my Doctor for 23 years and is a joy. His staff is excellent as well.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Nelson is a great doctor! You can tell right when you meet him that he is one of these doctors that knows medicine inside and out, not just one of these fresh out of school doctors. I've been seeing him for over a year now and the other doctor and two nurse practitioners there are great as well!
Dr. Nelson is the best!
in Tomball Tx |
I having going to Dr Nelson for the past 16 years or so and could not complain! He is the best doctor. He listens to you and let's you talk! I will continue going until the day he retires!
Have you seen Dr. David Nelson, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelson?

Compare Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Nelson does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Nelson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Nelson does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.