Dr. David Musante, MD

Dr. David Musante, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Musante, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

120 William Penn Plz

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina

Learn about Dr. Musante

See how frequently Dr. Musante performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intervertebral Disc Disease
Spondylolisthesis
Spine Disorders

Dr. Musante's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Hip Replacement
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neuroplasty
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
  • University Of Washington Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Texas Back Inst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Musante has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Musante does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Musante and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Musante's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Musante to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Musante's Performance
in Virginia |
I went to see him for a neck problem. Previous appointments were with his P A. He was very kind, listened, and provided superb care. He is the worst doctor I have even seen in my entire life. Rude, did not listen to anything I had to say.. Stormed out of room to next patient. While I was at the check out, he came up, rude to his staff. Raising his voice. too busy telling me how wonderful he was to listen to me. Never again, Never recommend. No surgery on me. Awful.
RALEIGH |
The office staff are very rude and surprisingly he only sees the patient which need surgery. It also looks you need to know whether you need surgery or not before reaching out to him!!!
in Semora, NC |
Loved Dr. Musante from the start. Felt very comfortable with him. Very professional and an excellent Dr. My surgery went great, no problems, healed great for a 76 yr. old lady. I would recamend dr. Musante to anyone especially my family and friends.
in Raleigh, NC |
One year later, the surgery changed my life for the better. Dr. Musante's surgery skills are excellent. He gave me my life back. I think his office visits are hit and miss. I've seen him on days where he was short, and other days where he listened at length. If you want a friend to talk to, go elsewhere. If you need a surgeon, he's the guy.
in Raleigh, NC |
I have seen several doctors about my back pain. Because I had an incident at work, I was required to see him. He lacks "bedside manner" and doesn't certainly doesn't seem to look at the patient as a person, but rather an insurance check. I am grateful that I have private insurance and don't have to depend solely on where my job sends me for care. If you have a choice, I would advise you to find another provider.
Raleigh, NC |
excellent surgeon, compassionate care, fast response to urgent needs, being a surgeon myself I highly recommend him
in Louisburg North Carilina |
Dr Musante is a very skilled and trained surgeon. He correctly diagnosed my disc problem immediately and surgery was exactly as he explained it. I went from extreme debilitating pain to pain free (except for surgical pain of course) in a matter of hours. I have recommend him and his assistant Teri Smith to many people and they have helped a family member go from several years of misdiagnosed and mistreated back pain to hip surgery that corrected his problem in remarkable time.
in Raleigh, NC |
I am very pleased with the results of Dr. Musante's surgery on my spine for stenosis in December 2016. Dr. Musante quickly diagnosed my problem from Fonar MRI results and my surgery was scheduled 17 days later. Before surgery, it took me 20 to 30 minutes to get out of bed in the morning and I could not sit for extended periods of time due to back pain. Within 8 weeks of surgery I was pain free and walking the Raleigh Greenways. I highly recommend Dr. Musante for spinal surgery.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Musante is a genius with his skills. I was in such bad back pain, I could not stand upright. I would consider him "Best of the best!" It is now a year later, and I am back to most of my regular activities.
in Holly Springs, NC |
4 yrs earlier, Dr. Musante performed back surgery on my daughter and we discovered his great surgical skills, as well as his wonderful bedside manner. I was in constant sciatic pain and Dr. Musante told me I needed to have a fusion of the L4-L5 (!rods and screws!). I had two concerns: I'm 69, and I'm allergic to pain medicine. He promised we would have, before my surgery, a pain medicine I could tolerate. He kept that promise and again delivered a surgical victory. 6 mos. later I am pain free.
in Wilson, NC |
I am a healthy 48 yo female & have been having back pain for 6+ years. I've been to numerous chiropractors who always said they could "fix me". Occasionally I'd get relief but pain always came back & was worse. An MRI revealed issues. Musante explained to me, in full detail, why surgery was the best option for me. I am SO GLAD I went through with the surgery. I had a lumbar fusion & laminectomy. I am now 3 1/2 months post op. I walked 6 miles on a hiking trail yesterday at the beach- NO PAIN!
Chapel Hill, NC |
Very arrogant and did not seem interested in helping me at all. He would talk over me every time I tried to explain what my symptoms were. Told me "he is a surgeon so unless I'm getting surgery he couldn't help me" and when I asked what he thought the problem was, his response was "well I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know." I was looking for guidance and help after having neck pain for over a year and he did none of those things. Rushed me out of the room after 5 minutes.
in Durham, NC |
The most smug and arrogant person I have ever met. He never even asked me about why I was there or what symptoms I was experiencing. While I was waiting in the exam room I could hear him berating another patient in the next room - not a good start. Then, after I waited over an hour for my appointment Dr Musante talked AT me for five minutes, told me what was wrong with me (without asking me a single question), and offered little to no advice on how to proceed with diagnostics, treatment, etc.
in Sanford, NC |
I am a 55 year old healthy male who was experiencing severe shoulder pain and arm numbness. From the first appointment, Dr. Musante diagnosed me and explained perfectly the condition and the surgery. From diagnosis to surgery was less than six weeks and that was so that I could go on a pre-planned vacation. About 3 months after surgery I am pain free and can live a normal life. Thank you Dr. Musante! The NC Specialty Hospital was also the best I have been in. Great food!
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Knowledgeable, professional, supportive and talented. At 62, I went in with back and leg pain that were limiting and getting worse. The first important thing we did was get a good diagnosis as a basis for all subsequent decision-making. I ended up with surgery to fuse L4-L5 and do a laminectomy at the same time. Improvement was immediate, recovery wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and now I am active and pain free. Mustante and his practice were super. Don't put it off!
in Durham, NC |
Pleased with quick diagnosis and treatment. Very personable and professional.
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Dr. Musante operated on me several times over the course of ten years, with the last surgery giving me the ability to walk without pain and have a normal life for the first time in over fifteen years. The surgery was very complex, over 11 hours over two days. He is amazing.
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Dr.Musante was well prepared for my new patient appointment. He clearly explained my diagnosis and showed me the imaging so I could understand my diagnosis. He then clearly explained what treatment I needed. He stayed on track with the information which made the appointment very concise. I left the appointment feeling confident in him. I will say that he does not seem like a mushy, hand holding, emotional surgeon but it is clear to me that I can trust my care to him.
in Wake Forest, NC |
My total experience with him was terrible. I brought imaging with me which clearly wasn't reviewed. The entire exam was rushed, and he was evaluating me for his belief I was there for some chronic joint pain, instead of for an unusual complication from a medical device. The diagnosis he gave me was completely wrong and two other surgeons confirmed the correct diagnosis. When asking questions, I was yelled at and dismissed as though I couldn't possibly know anything about my condition. Horrible.
Have you seen Dr. David Musante, MD?
Are you Dr. Musante?

Wellpath Preferred PPO
  • EBS-RMSCO
  • Gateway Health Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost