Dr. David Montgomery, MD

Dr. David Montgomery, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Montgomery, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Royal Oak, MI. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

30575 Woodward Ave Ste 100

Royal Oak, MI 48073

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Montgomery

See how frequently Dr. Montgomery performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Montgomery's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Wayne State University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Wayne St University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Montgomery has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Montgomery does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Montgomery and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Montgomery's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Montgomery to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Montgomery's Performance
in Warner Robins, GA |
Dr. Montgomery is a great, caring physician. He has performed 7 spinal surgeries on me w/o any complications. He basically saved my life & am still walking & enjoying life. Though I have some limitations in which I was fully aware of & sometimes pain which is to be expected, my life is full & wonderful because of this man. He looks out & cares for all his patients health & wellbeing. Anyone who expects to have back surgery & be completely pain free have unrealistic expectations.
in Clarkston, MI |
Dr. Montgomery performed fusion of L4 and L5 with instrumentation and a laminectomy in September of 2015. He was thorough in his explanation and also suggested that I get a second opinion and if I decided to have surgery, I could call him. I did. He was no-nonsense and answered all of my questions. I appreciated his professionalism. I am back to doing my normal activities--long distance bike riding; Zimba, yoga, cross country skiing, Pickle all, and golf at 66 years of age.
White Lake, MI |
The office staff leaves a lot to be desired. I have left four voicemail messages to pay a bill and still have no response. My surgery had been scheduled for a few months and the day before surgery I find out I am an add-on with surgery after 4:30PM. I now have to scramble for a ride to the hospital and have no one to be with me for this procedure. It was not the doctor's office who told me the surgery time, but the hospital. POOR COMMUNICATION AND RESPECT FOR THE PATIENT!
in Troy, MI |
Outstanding Doctor, Dr Montgomery is definitely the best, I had a cervical Fusion at c5-c7 that was a fix from another Surgery that did not fix the issue. I felt so much better within a few weeks. This is a doctor who cares and makes sure his patients are comfortable and pain free. His hospital staff were amazing as well.
Michigan |
I don't recommend this man for any surgical procedure. He is rude & arrogant. He made promises he didn't keep & blames you if things don't go well. I truly believe the surgery he did was to set me up for another money making operation. My primary care doctor couldn't even reach him when she had questions. She cautioned me about having surgery with him & i should have listened. 17 months later I am still in extreme pain & must find another to fix what he did. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR.
in Utica, MI |
Called to schedule my son that was injured in an ATV accident. Has a fracture in C7 They called me back to say that Dr. Montgomery would not see him. Stated that he does not see that type of patient?? I was referred by a family member employed at R O Beaumont. My husband is a Dr and I was shocked by this response!
in Newport mi |
This Dr. Ruined my back and my life I used to be an TN. I walked into the hospital 2 years ago and have not been able to walk since. He gave me a spinal fusion but when he operated he saw I had an infection and he put the rod in any way. Because he did I had to have the rod taken back out because it was covered with the infection of MRS A he gave me kph osso and scoliosis. He did 6-7 surgeries trying to supposedly clear up the infection If you to walk again don't use this Dr.
in Mount Clemens, MI |
I had the very best experience with the surgery on my neck by Dr Montgomery. He also fixed my aunt's scoliosis which was miraculous! I would trust him to my own children.
in Milford, MI |
Dr. Montgomery is direct, no-nonsense, informative and clear in his dealings. He took time to discuss and lay out his plans and followed them. It has been 15 years since my reconstruction, and I am living WALKING proof of his abilities. He will always be my back doctor.
Talked very slowly and with no care or interest. Had no plan to give me on moving forward with my condition. Seeing dr. Montgomery was a waste of money and time
Have you seen Dr. David Montgomery, MD?
Are you Dr. Montgomery?