Dr. David Monson, MD

Dr. David Monson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Monson, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Monson is affiliated with Emory University Hospital Midtown and Emory University Hospital.

59 Executive Park South NE Ste 3000

Atlanta, GA 30329

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Monson

See how frequently Dr. Monson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Osteoarthritis of Knee
high
Osteoarthritis
high

Dr. Monson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Benign Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
  • Bone Cancer
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Hip Replacement Revision
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Soft Tissue Mass Biopsy
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Iowa State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • Roy J Lucille a Carver College Of Medicine At University Of Iowa
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • University Of Wisconsin Madison
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • University Of Chicago
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Monson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Monson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Monson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Monson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Monson to family and friends
Dr. Monson's Performance
in Cartersville, GA |
I was very pleased with Dr. Monson and his staff. They were very kind, courteous, and professional. .
in Roswell |
I would recommend Dr. Monson to my family and friends. He is a wonderful Doctor. Very professional, well versed in his field yet very caring and compassionate. He explains the medical condition and he listens to your concerns. Very empathetic providing emotional support. You know he will do his very best to help you. A very good experience.
in Atlanta |
Ten years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer, Dr. Monson, in his reassuring way, said "We will take good care of you." He and his staff have never faltered on that promise. Though his clinic sometimes runs late, you know it is because he is giving his full attention to another patient, and in due time, he will give his full attention to you. He listens. He advises. He respects his patients. Further, he is a highly rated and skilled surgeon. I am very grateful that he is my doctor.
in Murphy NC |
Today because of Dr. Monson I am a healthy mobile person. He has cared for me since 2006 and I thank God for finding him. He has seen me through Sarcoma twice and replaced both hips. Because of his alert and caring attention I am in incredibly good health at age 88.. Beyond his amazing professional abilities he is a very caring and compassionate person. His attitude is reflected in his staff.. On a visit to his clinic you are treated with care and respect by all. Dr. Monson is "My HERO"
in Marietta, GA |
I was referred to Dr Monson when a cancerous lesion was found in my arm bone. After meeting Dr Monson, and we discussed my overall treatment plan and outcome, I was convinced I had the best Orthopedic Surgeon-Oncologist in the Southeast region. Dr Monson explained the complexity and severity of my cancer diagnosis and presented it in terms I understood and gave me the options available in a truthful but direct way. I am thankful for Dr Monson and his training which saved my arm and my life.
in Roswell, GA |
I have been a patient since 2004. He save my right leg from sarcoma soft tissue cancer. He is the finest doctor that I personally had. He is very caring and makes you feel like you are the most. Important patient he has. I have recommended him on several occassions and each person has told me they felt the same way I do an excellent Dr and very knowlegeable in what was treating you for.
in Locust Grove, GA |
I've been Dr. Monson's patient for 12 years and have seen a lot of positive improvements in the office (appointments, wait times, etc). Dr Monson needed no improvement, he has been great since the first day I met him. He brought me through a cancer diagnosis with serious decisions, ending up with an amputation. Even after receiving a differing second opinion, I went with Dr. Monson because he made feel more comfortable with his explanations. I have a lot of trust in him and highly recommend.
in Mcdonough, GA |
Dr. Monson has been my doctor for 9 years. I was diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma on my lower limb. At the time, amputation was a strong possibility; however, Dr. Monson took the time to figure out another. Fortunately, he found a way to spare my foot. I am forever grateful for the care I have continued to receive from Dr. Monson. He has continued to monitor my progress and conduct regularly scheduled follow up diagnostics to monitor my limb.
in Rome, GA |
Dr. Monson saved my life. Eternally grateful to him. Excellent Doctor! Feel very comfortable with his service and knowledge.
in Douglasville, GA |
Was diagnosed, by Dr. Monson, with sarcoma cancer in my right forearm. After 25 radiation treatments, Dr. Monson was able to get it all. He is the type doctor that puts you at ease with your situation & lets you know, by his actions, that he cares, not just for what you are going through but for you as a person. He is a very gentle and loving man, in addition to being a wonderful surgeon.
in Smiths Station, AL |
Dr. David Monson is absolutely wonderful. From the staff at check in and out, to Andre, to Dr. Monson, I can't say enough about about the great care they took of me. I had seen a Dr in Columbus, GA and he was awesome, but felt that I needed someone with more experience in what was going on in my leg. He prepared me for the worst, total knee, and about 3 or 4 inches of my tibia and 4 or 5 inches of my femur. I wound up with about 3 to 4" of cement in my tibia. I don't expect any other problems.
in Cleveland, GA |
Dr.Monson has followed me for some years for a knee diagnosis that no physician in my hometown of Gainesville, Ga. could manage. He is knowledgeable, personable, and has taken very good care of me over the years. His staff is also friendly and helpful. He is a wonderful, one of a kind doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Douglasville, GA |
I have been under Dr. Monson's care since May 2015 and could not have found a more qualified, caring and compassionate doctor. He was always willing to spend whatever time he felt I needed to answer any questions I might have. He has always been forthright in his answers....saying what I needed to know even if not what what I wanted to hear. And I appreciated that. His love of medicine & and desire to take care of his patients has brought me to the road of recovery. Thank you Dr. Monson!
in Smyrna, GA |
Dr. Monson was referred to me by the doctor who treated my sarcoma in 2004. My doctor was leaving GA and he felt Dr. Monson was the best. The first time I met him, I flatly stated "you have damn big shoes to fill, Dr. Cierney saved my life!" That was back in 2005 I believe. Dr. Monson has since more than filled the shoes by being the most kind, caring and compassionate doctor I have had the privilege to know. He is not just my doctor, but my friend and genuinely cares about me! SIMPLY THE BEST!
in Jupiter, FL |
Dr. Monson is hands down the best doctor I have ever had, which I am especially thankful for considering the seriousness of my illness. He took all the time necessary with me and my family to explain what we were facing, present all options, leave no stone unturned...in the most compassionate and comforting way possible. Honest and precise. His staff was second to none. His surgical skills amazing. Dr. Monson saved my life. Literally and figuratively. I wish there were more like him.
in Silver Creek, GA |
In 2012, Dr. Monson was one of only two orthopedic surgeons in Ga. with experience in sacral chordoma treatment. I was diagnosed with a baseball sized sacral chordoma on my lower spine June, 2012. I was in excruciating pain and within two weeks he had assembled a dynamic surgical team and with his expertise and previous experience with chordoma surgery the journey began. After a successful surgical treatment, I have just had 5 year anniversary cancer free check up with Dr. Monson! He's the best!
in Cartersville, GA 30120 |
He is a great doctor!! I'm a 17 year cancer survivor; I'm so blessed that I was referred to him. I know the great physician (GOD) healed me; but he gave Dr. Monson the knowledge to treat me. I can't even begin to tell you what are great doctor he is.
in Atlanta, GA |
dr. monson saved me. It has been over 5 years and my cancer has not come back. Dr. Monson is my doctor because i was referred to MD anderson in houston. my wife, daughter and i flew to Houston. I did not like the huge "factory" atmosphere. Upon our return A friend highly recommended Dr. Monson. Dr monson outlined a difficult treatment plan. He was confident and made me feel that he was the MAN! and he is! I recommend him, Also his staff is professional and competent , especially Andre Roy
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been honored to be treated by Dr. Monson. When I was in a dark place in my life, thinking I had a sarcoma, he relieved my anxiety with his knowledge, professional manner and warmness of his heart . The lump was in a complicated area to remove as it was wrapped around nerves. My doctor who was a surgeon himself, referred me to Dr. Monson with high regards and esteem for him. He performed a successful surgery with no nerve damage. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Monson as do his colleagues!
in Hoschton, GA |
Two years ago, Dr. Monson was referred to me when I found out I had a growth on my humerus. He was patient and took all the time I needed to explain my type of cancer, discuss my treatment options, and explain the surgery I needed. He did an absolutely fantastic job reconstructing my shoulder and I look forward to seeing him for follow up visits. He is charming, funny, and extremely knowledgeable. He also look at your scans the same day so it's not multiple visits. Favorite doctor ever!
in Tyrone, GA |
Dr. Monson took time and care with me. Often accomplished doctors have an inflated ego. Not at all the case with Dr. Monson. He took as much time as needed to answer questions. No matter how busy the office was, I never felt rushed. I had specific requests for the surgery which Dr. Monson very pleasantly accommodated. I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
in Macon, GA |
Dr. Monson is the best of the best!! He literally saved my life! He is straight forward with the diagnosis and treatment. His sense of humor, his genuine care and concern for my well-being, his encouragement, and his expertise has helped me and my family see he is more than qualified. He takes time with us at the appointments. He expects the highest level of performance from anyone dealing with his patients. When people ask who my doctor is, I proudly give them his name and office number
in Columbus, GA |
I would highly recommend David K. Monson, MD for all Orthopedic matters. I have been a patient of Dr. Monson's since March 15,1995 to the present. As a lifetime sarcoma patient, I look forward to my yearly visits. He's caring & compassionate when it comes to his patients. My family & I were satisfied beyond with the staff,my treatments/procedures as well as my surgery on April 24, 1995. Sincerely, Karima B. Pitts-Adams Parosteal Osterosarcoma Survivor Lifetime Patient of Dr. David K. Monson
in Powder Springs, Ga |
Dr. David Monson has been my Orthopedic Oncology Surgeon for the past 7 1/2 years. He is the greatest. He diagnosed my cancer and gave me optimism from my first visit. He did an excellent job with my surgery, and I owe my life to him. He is also very personable and easy to talk to. He gives you his full attention and answers all questions that I might have.
in Duluth, GA |
Dr. Monson is our favorite doctor! He's so nice. He's funny, and he's great at listening to your concerns and trying to find the cause for your problems. He spends as much time as he needs to with everyone, and doesn't rush in and rush out. My mother counts the days until she can see him again! Everyone who works in his office is very friendly and good at what they do! It's actually fun going to see them all.
in Lexington, KY |
Dr. Monson has been my orthopaedic oncologist for 13 years. He has skillfully and with great compassion helped me on this cancer journey. He is the consummate physician. I owe him my life and health. I recommend him highly.
Columbus, GA |
During an X-ray for a twisted ankle in Columbus, Ga, we discovered aneurysmal bone cyst in the talus of our 13-year old son, & caught it before it had a chance to present with a pathological fracture. Our doctors in Columbus didn't want to treat a child, and referred Dr. Monson, who performed surgery to fill the cavity with donor bone. 3 years later, our son continues to run cross country, play soccer & has had no issues. Dr. Monson was an answer to our prayers & we highly recommend!!
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Monson is the best Doctor I have ever seen.I had an infected artificial left hip - done by another doctor - and Doctor Monson removed the bad one and put in a brand new hip for me. This one has been perfect with no problems for 8 years and counting. He is brilliant and knows what he is talking about. He takes the time to explain what is going on and what will happen next. He is also got a fantastic sense of humor. I highly recommend Dr. Monson for any orthopedic procedure you may encounter!
in Auburn, AL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Monson to anyone having cancer surgery and subsequently needing amputation of my right arm at the shoulder. He makes his patients and their families comfortable and at ease. He is friendly as well as his staff and explains just what his patients can expect from their surgery and follow-up.
in Newnan, GA |
Dr. David Monson is a brilliant physician. He is compassionate, thorough, patient, I dedicated, committed, alnd always pleasant and interested in patient progress. It is my sincere belief that only Dr. Monson could have performed my surgery successfully. His skill as a surgeon is unsurpassed.
in Ellenwood, GA |
Dr. Monson is an incredible physician. He is very professional and concerned about the well being of his patients. He is fully engaged with his patients well being and is highly moviated in getting to the source of your problem. He exhibits excellent bedside manner. I'm so proud to have him as my doc. I love Dr. Monson and his staff they're all so nice, caring and professional!
in Anderson, S.C. |
This is THE man, Dr. David Monson of Emory Orthopaedics, who 19 years ago saved my life and my leg. I was diagnosed with lipo-sarcoma in my left thighh. He's my hero and I love him. I'm still here and I'm still walking. .. If I hadn't found him and had him as my cancer surgeon, I'm positive I would have died at 38. Now I'm living my life as a survivorr and my children still have a mom. He is a to the point doctor with superior surgical talent and experience. He's the best of the best
in Oxford, GA |
Nonpareil orthopedic surgeon. Superior clinical judgement, manner with patients, and surgical skill.
in Atlanta, GA |
Referred to Dr Monson by another orthopedic surgeon. Time with Dr Monson time was used effectively, but never rushed or was I relegated to lesser importance than other patients. Dr Monson focused in my dangerous impending problem and made a recommendation for surgery. Even with his extremely busy schedule, Dr Monson made time for me. Dr Monson proved to me that he cares about his patients and will do what is necessary to get the job done expeditiously while always using his high level skill.
in Covington, GA |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Monson. He took my difficult case and brought me through a very rough bone cancer diagnosis, treatment, and now recovery. Very patient, very kind and always smiling. I'm so glad I found him.
in Murphy, NC |
Superb surgeon. I am thankful for his skill and his devotion to his medical practice. God bless you, Dr. Monson.
in dallas, ga |
Dr. Monson has been a leg saver. I had a rare bone cancer 16 years ago. He was able to replace my knee and 1/2 my femur saving my leg. As Technology Improves he was able to replace that unit with an even better one 9 years later. Dr. Monson isn't just the best leg surgeon but he takes his time with you. I have never felt rushed in his office. He has always treated me as though I am his family. I would trust him with any Orthopedic issue I might have.
in Peachtree Corners |
Man saved my life-
in Atlanta ga |
A gifted physician and compassionate person. I was fortunate to find him.
Have you seen Dr. David Monson, MD?
Are you Dr. Monson?