Dr. David K. Monson, MD

Dr. David K. Monson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 61 years old

29 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Monson specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Atlanta, GA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Monson? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Monson's Experience

See how Dr. Monson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Monson

Dr. Monson accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Monson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Monson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Monson to family and friends
Dr. Monson's Performance
in Lexington, KY |
Dr. Monson has been my orthopaedic oncologist for 13 years. He has skillfully and with great compassion helped me on this cancer journey. He is the consummate physician. I owe him my life and health. I recommend him highly.
Columbus, GA |
During an X-ray for a twisted ankle in Columbus, Ga, we discovered aneurysmal bone cyst in the talus of our 13-year old son, & caught it before it had a chance to present with a pathological fracture. Our doctors in Columbus didn't want to treat a child, and referred Dr. Monson, who performed surgery to fill the cavity with donor bone. 3 years later, our son continues to run cross country, play soccer & has had no issues. Dr. Monson was an answer to our prayers & we highly recommend!!
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Monson is the best Doctor I have ever seen.I had an infected artificial left hip - done by another doctor - and Doctor Monson removed the bad one and put in a brand new hip for me. This one has been perfect with no problems for 8 years and counting. He is brilliant and knows what he is talking about. He takes the time to explain what is going on and what will happen next. He is also got a fantastic sense of humor. I highly recommend Dr. Monson for any orthopedic procedure you may encounter!
in Auburn, AL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Monson to anyone having cancer surgery and subsequently needing amputation of my right arm at the shoulder. He makes his patients and their families comfortable and at ease. He is friendly as well as his staff and explains just what his patients can expect from their surgery and follow-up.
in Newnan, GA |
Dr. David Monson is a brilliant physician. He is compassionate, thorough, patient, I dedicated, committed, alnd always pleasant and interested in patient progress. It is my sincere belief that only Dr. Monson could have performed my surgery successfully. His skill as a surgeon is unsurpassed.
in Ellenwood, GA |
Dr. Monson is an incredible physician. He is very professional and concerned about the well being of his patients. He is fully engaged with his patients well being and is highly moviated in getting to the source of your problem. He exhibits excellent bedside manner. I'm so proud to have him as my doc. I love Dr. Monson and his staff they're all so nice, caring and professional!
in Anderson, S.C. |
This is THE man, Dr. David Monson of Emory Orthopaedics, who 19 years ago saved my life and my leg. I was diagnosed with lipo-sarcoma in my left thighh. He's my hero and I love him. I'm still here and I'm still walking. .. If I hadn't found him and had him as my cancer surgeon, I'm positive I would have died at 38. Now I'm living my life as a survivorr and my children still have a mom. He is a to the point doctor with superior surgical talent and experience. He's the best of the best
in Oxford, GA |
Nonpareil orthopedic surgeon. Superior clinical judgement, manner with patients, and surgical skill.
in Atlanta, GA |
Referred to Dr Monson by another orthopedic surgeon. Time with Dr Monson time was used effectively, but never rushed or was I relegated to lesser importance than other patients. Dr Monson focused in my dangerous impending problem and made a recommendation for surgery. Even with his extremely busy schedule, Dr Monson made time for me. Dr Monson proved to me that he cares about his patients and will do what is necessary to get the job done expeditiously while always using his high level skill.
in Covington, GA |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Monson. He took my difficult case and brought me through a very rough bone cancer diagnosis, treatment, and now recovery. Very patient, very kind and always smiling. I'm so glad I found him.
in Murphy, NC |
Superb surgeon. I am thankful for his skill and his devotion to his medical practice. God bless you, Dr. Monson.
in dallas, ga |
Dr. Monson has been a leg saver. I had a rare bone cancer 16 years ago. He was able to replace my knee and 1/2 my femur saving my leg. As Technology Improves he was able to replace that unit with an even better one 9 years later. Dr. Monson isn't just the best leg surgeon but he takes his time with you. I have never felt rushed in his office. He has always treated me as though I am his family. I would trust him with any Orthopedic issue I might have.
in Peachtree Corners |
Man saved my life-
in Atlanta ga |
A gifted physician and compassionate person. I was fortunate to find him.
Have you seen Dr. David K. Monson, MD?
Are you Dr. Monson?

Compare Dr. Monson

Dr. Monson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Monson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Monson's Board Certifications

University of Chicago

Completed in 1988

Iowa State University

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Monson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Monson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery