Dr. David Mittleman, MD

Dr. David Mittleman, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Born and raised in White Plains, New York, David settled in West Palm Beach in 1992. He received his undergraduate degree from Yale University and his medical degree from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He did his ophthalmology residency at The Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. David is Board Certified through the American Board of Ophthalmology. Practicing general ophthalmology, David has honed his surgical skills and has developed a reputation as one the finest cataract surgeons in the Palm Beaches. David has repeatedly been chosen as a surgical investigator for national lens implant protocols including the newest accommodative cataract implants. His care and treatment also includes a large volume of glaucoma, diabetic, retina, pediatric, and cornea patients. David is on staff at Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center and utilizes The Laser and Surgical Center of the Palm Beaches for his procedures. His professional memberships include the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the Palm Beach County Ophthalmology Society.

Mittleman Eye

2000 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd Ste 400

West Palm Beach, FL 33409

• AARP
  • American Pioneer
  • Amerihealth
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Christian Care
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CompBenefits Corp.

Learn about Dr. Mittleman

To provide a lifetime of vision care in a setting of excellence.

Dr. Mittleman's Experience

Dr. Mittleman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Glaucoma in Ciliochorodial Detachment
  • Glaucoma in Epithelial Ingrowth
  • Glaucoma in Intra Ocular Tumours
  • Glaucoma in Iridoschisis.
  • Glaucoma in Phacomatoses

• Greenwich Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Mittleman has no media or publications listed.

• French

• American Academy of Ophthalmology, Member
  • American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Member
  • Palm Beach County Ophthalmology Society, Member

Dr. Mittleman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mittleman to family and friends
Dr. Mittleman's Performance
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have been going to Dr Mittleman for many years and have been completely satisfied. I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes for which I was in a Bausch & Lomb study recommended by Dr Mittleman. I can't describe the difference in my eyesight. Dr Mittleman did a great job and was thorough in telling me what he was doing. I would recommend him highly.
in Jupiter, FL |
Amazing Dr. answers all questions, skilled Beyond belief. I would recommend Dr. Mittleman to anyone, staff is friendly, environment is clean, ease of scheduling appointments very easy, waiting time under 10 minutes, spends appropriate amount of time with you.
in North Palm Beach |
Mittleman Eye Center is always so welcoming and professional.
in Wellington, FL |
I have been using Dr. Mittleman for many years. He has performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. He ie an outstanding surgeon and a terrific human being. His office is run very efficiently. The only complaint I have is that the wait from the time of eye dilation to the time I get to see Dr. Mittleman is sometimes too long, at least 20 minutes, often longer. Check-in was done by Jackie, who was extremely efficient and friendly. Katy was excellent in getting my eyes ready for the Dr’s. Exam.
in NORTH PALM BEACH |
This was my annual check up. The following people participated: Jorge, Katy, Matt, Dr. Mittleman, Mafail. Everyone was courteous and professional. Dr. Mittleman explained my results and did thorough exam to my eyes.
in Lake Worth, FL |
FANTASTIC experience with both Dr. Mittleman and his staff. Considering I was a new patient at this visit, everyone I dealt with knew exactly what they were doing, and made me feel as if I were a long time patient. I could not have been more pleased.
in Lake Park |
After moving from Georgia I was worried about finding a new eye doctor. My son referred me to Dr. Mittleman, and I am very happy. The staff and the doctor are wonderful and made me very comfortable.
in Delray Beach |
For more than twenty years I have had complete confidence in Dr. Mittleman. He is patient, caring, attentive and thorough in treating my vision issues.
I always feel very comfortable with Dr Mittleman. He answers all my questions and I feel that he is committed to the ongoing health of my vision. He's a very good ophthalmologist!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Mittleman and his staff were very thorough and professional.
Royal West Palm Beach, FL |
This visit was great. I did not wait more than 5 minutes, everyone was friendly, the office was welcoming and up-to-date and the technology was outstanding. I am glad they were accepting patients. I will update you after I have had my cataract removed.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Mittleman for many years. He preformed two excellent cataract surgeries on me. His new office is wonderful. The staff is extremely efficient and Dr. Mittleman takes his time with each patient.
in Jupiter, Florida |
The office in Jupiter is bright and cheery and reflective s the atmosphere of the staff and the doctor. Very warm and welcoming was each person that attended to me . Dr. Middleton always has time to listen to any questions one may have.
in Stuart, FL |
This was my first visit to Dr. Mittleman's Practice. From the moment I entered the office, my experience was delightful and relaxed. The entire staff was polite and professional. This practice is totally running in the 21st Century and virtually paperless. The technology is state of the art, which keeps the flow of patients very organized.
in Jupiter, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Mittleman for several and have confidence that he will do the best to keep my eyes as healthy as possible.
in Stuart, FL |
Dr. Mittleman was personable and took time to listen and answer questions.The practice is highly organized and efficient. I felt it was well worth the drive from Stuart.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
I was checked in by Jackie within minutes of entering the office and was examined by Jessica with virtually no wait. After eye dilation, Dr Mittleman came in within minutes and spoke to me, describing what he was going to do. After examination he outlined his findings and probable courses of action. I was extremely impressed with all the personnel, with the efficiency, with the welcoming nature of the office personnel up to and including Jorge, who scheduled appointments for me for follow ups.
Excellent
in West palm beach |
I had my first appointment today. Everyone in the office was very professional and nice. That office is very very nice and the wait is not to long. I will definitely recommend to all my family and friends this office.
Lake Worth, FL |
My visit was amazing from the moment I called for an appointment and spoke to a very helpful gentleman at Mittleman Eye. Entering the office for the first time, Jackie made me feel right at home. First Technician Shayla was very professional, making me feel at ease. Dr. Mittleman gave me the very best of care, taking his time with me, answering all my questions, and leading me to the solution I needed. Ronavia wrapped up my visit, in a very caring manner. Thank you Dr. Mittleman!
in jupiter fl |
Dr Mittleman is an intelligent, caring doctor - he has an aura of confidence which puts you at ease immediately
in Jupiter, FL |
I received a warm welcome from Dr. Mittleman and excellent treatment during my annual check-up appointment.. My wife, who is also a patient, and I both look forward to our appointments because of the way the entire staff seeks to make our visits positive ones. Thank you to Jackie, who checked me in and to Sally the technician who saw me before Dr. Mittleman's examination. You were all wonderful!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Had an excellent first visit with Dr. Mittleman. Danny and Kathy both helped me before Dr. Mittleman saw me and they were both so nice. The wait was about 15 minutes - not too bad. Office was clean and every person I interacted with was helpful and friendly.
in Juno beach, fl |
very good, very fast, nice facility. knowledgeable staff.
I would definitely recommend Dr Middleman
in Jupiter, FL |
My experience w Dr. Mittleman & his staff has been excellent. Extremely professional, kind, efficient, & knowledgeable. At 1st appointmt they took thorough background of my history gave me comprehensive exam & spoke w me abt current concerns & options I had. Didn't feel rushed & am pleased w ease of communication for scheduling & follow up. Both my parents are physicians & I've seen Ophthalmologists from Manhattan to L.A. & have high standards when it comes to medical care, especiall
in Jupiter, FL 33477 |
i have been a patient of Dr. Mittleman for many years. He is absolutely, without question,I The BEST opthalmologist I have ever been treated by and i am 75 years old. Every visit he has been talented, professional, caring, kind, knowledgeable and dependable. I suffer from imperfect vision in both eyes, have high pressure in my eyes, am very close to needing cataract surgery, and suffer the beginning of glaucoma and McAlear degeneration. He cares for me religiously every 3 months. YES for all!!
in Jupiter, FL |
Excellent treatment. Caring, considerate, very through. Full confidence in Dr. M. !
in Juno Beach, FL |
I have always been pleased with the office, (both old and new). They are always courteous and kind.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Mittleman to anyone in need of excellent eye care. The doctor is thorough and takes time to answer all questions.
Excellent
Loxahatchee, FL |
Very likely. Everyone there was very helpful and courteous.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Highly professional with an outstanding staff...would recommend to anyone needing eye care
West Palm Beach, FL |
Very friendly and organized office. Felt very confident I was getting good care. Very thorough.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Mittleman for years. During these years my eyes have been in good health due to the quality of service. He has an amazing staff which make you feel comfortable in the beginning of your visit. I really don't see myself seeing any other ophthalmologist. I am so grateful for his compassion and friendliness. Ray Graham
Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Very professional and very caring person
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I found out my dad has glaucoma about 2 years ago, I went to get my eyes checked at Mittleman Eye and ended up doing ....selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) Dr Mittleman and staff are highly recommended in my book,...truly a professional.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Very professional staff from roseann who checked me in to Jackie who checked me out. Short wait time.
in Jupiter, FL |
Dr. Mittleman did cataract surgery in both of my eyes. The whole process involving the office visits and surgery was handled very professionally. He takes a very personal interest in each patient and provides the very best support needed. Each and every office visit involves detailed measurement and analysis to get the data necessary to provide what each individual requires. I am very happy with the results of my surgery and follow up care.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have been under the care of Dr. Mittleman For many years. He has been there through Cataract surgeries and annual checkups and Has always been most professional and caring Person. His staff has been excellent too. Ruth Bangel West Palm Beach Fl R
in N. Palm Beach, Fl. |
The staff of Mittleman Eye is excellent. Dr. Mittleman is a great communicator, explains the eye conditions thoroughly, and listens to any questions. This is probably the best Dr/patient experience that I've ever had. I had 1 cataract done recently by Dr. Mittleman and it 'was a walk in the park'.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I am particularly pleased with the excellent treatment afforded me by Dr. Mittleman and members of his staff. From check in with Jorge to Shayla, the technician who first saw me, to Rafeul who walked me back out after seeing the doctor. Ronavia who checked me out at the end of my visit was smiling and cheerful, and possessed a good sense of humor.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Very likely! it is always a pleasure to come to this office. from the person who checks you in, the technicians and of course my favorite Dr. Mittleman!
in Jupiter, FL |
Very pleased with Jackie, Mariana, Jessica, Kristine & Dr Mittleman. Very friendly office, new location is very nice!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
even though the lobby was very crowded, I was finished in the time promised 1 1/2 hours. Staff is amazing.
in North Palm Bch, FL |
I recommend Dr. Mittleman and his staff to all. On a scale of one to ten I will give them an eleven. They are friendly,answer your questions, and put you at ease. Dr Mittleman has a very impressive background and I totally trust him to direct me to the right solutions for my problems.
in PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL |
The Doctor as well as all his staff are very friendly and accomidating. I have never expeianced a staff in ANY office that was so warm and welcoming.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I don't know why it is only 4.9 stars. Should be 5 plus stars. I recently had cataract surgery. Hard to imagine having better care anywhere. The entire staff has been terrific each and every visit. Best medical experience ever.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
I love the new office! So much more room than the Juno Beach office. Every one was so pleasant & friendly. Jackie's smiling face at the front desk made check in very easy. All the technicians, Sally, Marianne and Maria, were very professional, friendly and made all the testing very comfortable. As always, Dr. Mittleman very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. I would certainly recommend Dr. Mittleman to family and friends in need of an ophthalmologist. Regards, Linda Ruth
Jupiter, FL |
A welcoming, professional and pleasant experience. The office and the entire staff are the best.
Have you seen Dr. David Mittleman, MD?

Visit Dr. Mittleman

Dr. Mittleman accepts 46 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • American Pioneer
  • Amerihealth
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Christian Care
    Medi-Share
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CompBenefits Corp.
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • EyeMed Vision Care
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health
    CarePlus
    PacifiCare
    Secure Horizons
  • Veteran Administration Plan
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)

Hospitals where Dr. Mittleman has admitting privileges