Dr. David Mitchell, MD

Dr. David Mitchell, MD

Family Medicine | Male

I have patients who are part of the healthcare team since I opened in 2002.  I continue to care for my patients at three local hospitals, some nursing homes, and in the office.  I try to get regular and new patients in within 48 hours of the call.  I do the best that I can for each patient.  I try to provide cost effective care.  I am a solo and independent physician, who does not charge facility fees.  The doctor-patient relationship is based on trust and continuity of care.  I personally care for each patient of mine in the various locations, seven days a week.  I look forward to having quality new patients, while maintaining my practice of high quality patients.

Dr. David Mitchell grew up in Belleville and Shiloh, Illinois since 1976. He completed his early education at local schools, including Whiteside, Abraham Lincoln, and Belleville Township High School East. He earned a couple of Associate Degrees from Belleville Area College, graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, and earned his Medical Degree from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine.

He completed a three-year residency in Family Medicine at the Saint Louis University-affiliated and fully-accredited Forest Park Family Medicine Residency at the former Deaconess Central Hospital, where he was resident of the year and Chief Resident. He returned to live in the Shiloh area in 2002.

Dr. Mitchell's medical-related activities include

• Board Certification by the American Board of Family Physicians (meeting national Family Practice standards) in 2002 and recertified in 2009, with the ABFM and subsections on the recertification examination of ambulatory family medicine and geriatrics.
  • Unrestricted state medical licenses in Illinois (2001) and Missouri (2000), including unrestricted Federal DEA Certification
  • Membership in the Illinois State Medical Society 2002 -2007
  • Editor/Webmaster the St. Clair County Medical Society 2005-2007
  • Membership in the American Medical Association 2002-2007 (Note I have decided not to renew the AMA, which costs $1,500 each year)
  • AMA Physician Recognition Award for Continuing Medical Education 2007
  • Membership in the Illinois Academy of Family Physicians 2002 -present
  • Membership in the Missouri Academy of Family Physicians 1999 -2002
  • Membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians 1999- present
  • Secretary of St. Elizabeth's Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2004-7/2006
  • Secretary of Belleville Memorial Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2004-7/2006
  • Vice Chairman of Belleville Memorial Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2006-7/2008
  • Vice Chairman of St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Belleville's Family Practice Department 7/2006-10/2006
  • Chairman of St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Belleville's Family Practice Department 10/2006-7/2008
  • Chairman of Belleville Memorial Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2008-7/2010

Dr. Mitchell's Experience

See how Dr. Mitchell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mitchell

Dr. Mitchell accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mitchell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mitchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitchell to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
Belleville, IL |
My family has been doing to Dr. Mitchell for over 5 years now. His appointments always run on time - he does not over prescribe - and is a great family doctor.
in Belleville, IL |
I really like this doctor. He is extremely smart and spot on with his diagnosis by just looking at you . My two teenage boys go here and are very at ease with him. I was recommended him by my older sister and am glad I went. I can't say enough about this wonderful doctor.
in New Baden, IL |
I have recommended Dr. Mitchell to numerous family members and friends with many of them still seeing him, including my Mother. I'm 53 yrs old with mostly just the "getting older" issues but I trust Dr. Mitchell with my life.
Belleville, IL |
I saw Dr. Mitchell recently. Extremely nice guy. He was able to get me in that morning. Doctors generally make me nervous, but his office was so friendly. Everyone was down to earth, respectful. I appreciated that he did not push me into any kind of unnecessary test, that he told me what he was doing. I also liked his sense of humor. I can tell that he and his staff genuinely care about their patients. Hopefully I wont be going back to dr anytime soon, but if I do it will probably be here.
in Belleville, IL |
he is always available to talk to - you don't get rushed out from your appointment - you never sit and wait for your appointment time - he will email you if you have questions - always positive attitude.
in Belleville, IL |
Getting an appointment is easy and wait time is short. Now to describe the visit...You go into a room and you tell a student nurse what's wrong with you as they write it down on the computer. {Note: I've been there at least 5 times and I've never had the same nurse}, then they check your temperature and blood pressure. Now you wait for Dr. Mitchell to come in and repeat what you told the student nurse back to you, then he'll write an order to get a prescription or an order to go somewhere else.
The only Ryan near that date was there for med refills at a lunchtime visit. The visit was around 30 minutes. I am a preceptor for Maryville U, Barnes/Goldfarb, and UMSL. Most office have MAs who do vitals/chief concerns. I have highly qualified NP students who assist me for a semester. I personally verify the information with the patient and examine each patient for completeness. Referrals are made for some labs and specialty care. The patient voiced no complaints about his care.
in Belleville, IL |
Dr. Dave is a great doctor. I just moved to Illinois and needed my thyroid meds refilled. The urgent care wouldn’t do it and recommended Dr. David Mitchell. He saw me the next day, ordered labs, and adjusted my medication. I tried to pay my copay, but he worked with me to get a free physical that required no copay. Dr. Dave works to save the patient money and really cares about his patients. I recommend my friends and family to go see the best Shiloh doctor.
in Scheller |
Dr. Dave is the best Shiloh doctor in the area. As a nurse I had worked closely with him and knew how he cared for his patients. He saved my dad?s life in the hospital, and he found my thyroid cancer. He was able to lookup labs and ultrasound results at both local hospitals. He even saw me on the weekend rounds. Anytime I have ever needed an appointment, I have been able to get into the office within 24 hours. I am glad I switched to The Country Doctor. He can be trusted and is knowledgea
Have you seen Dr. David Mitchell, MD?

Compare Dr. Mitchell

• Membership in the Missouri Academy of Family Physicians 1999 -2002
  • Membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians 1999- present

Dr. Mitchell's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mitchell says...

My top three conditions for chronic care are diabetes, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia.  I also perform routine physicals.  I see same day and next patients for pharyngitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, and other acute illnesses.

Dr. Mitchell says...

I perform some limited procedures.  Please call the office for details.

Dr. Mitchell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Mitchell has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mitchell's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Bronchitis
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Familial Hypercholesterolemia
  • Pharyngitis
  • Rash
  • Sinusitis
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine

Belleville Area Collegee (Swic) Aa/As

Graduated in 1992

Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Mitchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage