Family Medicine  |
Dr. David Mitchell, MD
Dr. David Mitchell grew up in Belleville and Shiloh, Illinois since 1976. He completed his early education at local schools, including Whiteside, Abraham Lincoln, and Belleville Township High School East. He earned a couple of Associate Degrees from Belleville Area College, graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, and earned his Medical Degree from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. He completed a three-year residency in Family Medicine at the Saint Louis University-affiliated and fully-accredited Forest Park Family Medicine Residency at the former Deaconess Central Hospital, where he was resident of the year and Chief Resident. He returned to live in the Shiloh area in 2002. Dr. Mitchell's medical-related activities include Board Certification by the American Board of Family Physicians (meeting national Family Practice standards) in 2002 and recertified in 2009, with the ABFM and subsections on the recertification examination of ambulatory family medicine and geriatrics. Unrestricted state medical licenses in Illinois (2001) and Missouri (2000), including unrestricted Federal DEA Certification Membership in the Illinois State Medical Society 2002 -2007 Editor/Webmaster the St. Clair County Medical Society 2005-2007 Membership in the American Medical Association 2002-2007 (Note I have decided not to renew the AMA, which costs $1,500 each year) AMA Physician Recognition Award for Continuing Medical Education 2007 Membership in the Illinois Academy of Family Physicians 2002 -present Membership in the Missouri Academy of Family Physicians 1999 -2002 Membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians 1999- present Secretary of St. Elizabeth's Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2004-7/2006 Secretary of Belleville Memorial Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2004-7/2006 Vice Chairman of Belleville Memorial Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2006-7/2008 Vice Chairman of St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Belleville's Family Practice Department 7/2006-10/2006 Chairman of St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Belleville's Family Practice Department 10/2006-7/2008 Chairman of Belleville Memorial Hospital's Family Practice Department 7/2008-7/2010

2310 Country Rd

Belleville, IL 62221

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Mitchell

I have patients who are part of the healthcare team since I opened in 2002.  I continue to care for my patients at three local hospitals, some nursing homes, and in the office.  I try to get regular and new patients in within 48 hours of the call.  I do the best that I can for each patient.  I try to provide cost effective care.  I am a solo and independent physician, who does not charge facility fees.  The doctor-patient relationship is based on trust and continuity of care.  I personally care for each patient of mine in the various locations, seven days a week.  I look forward to having quality new patients, while maintaining my practice of high quality patients.

Dr. Mitchell's Experience

Dr. Mitchell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Familial Hypercholesterolemia
  • Pharyngitis
  • Rash
  • Sinusitis
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Belleville Area Collegee (Swic) Aa/As
  • Forest Park Hospital Slu Affiliated
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Forest Park Hospital-St. Louis, Mo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Mitchell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mitchell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mitchell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mitchell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mitchell to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Mitchell's Performance
Swansea, IL |
Dr. David Mitchell is a hardworking yet caring doctor. He is intelligent and down to earth. Dr. Dave treats me with respect and dignity. I am glad he is my doctor.
in Belleville, IL |
Dr. David Mitchell is a caring doctor who spends time with each patient. He sees you in the hospital, even on weekends and holidays. Dr. Dave gets you in the same day and values your input. He is very knowledgeable about medications and gladly reviews medication choices without overprescribing. I switched my entire family to the country doctor. He is the best!
Shiloh, IL |
Dr. Mitchell is a caring physician. He saved my life in the hospital and made a medication list that I can understand. He went through all my medications, and stopped the ones that were hurting me from my previous doctor. He even saw me on the weekend. I highly recommend Dr. Mitchell!
in Belleville, IL |
Dr. Mitchell is a wonderful physician. He takes individual time for each patient, explaining my medications in detail and remembers many details about my life! I highly recommend Dr. Mitchell!
O'Fallon |
I had really liked Dr. Mitchell until recently. He won't refill my prescription (that I have been taking for over 20 years with no changes to my prescription) unless I come in every 3 months. I don't have the time to take off work every three months to go in and say "no changes" and get a new RX. Guess I am looking for a new doctor.
The national standard of care nationally, is to monitor patients who are on psychotropic medications. This includes attempts to wean from the medication and to confirm the effectiveness of the long term therapy. The national alliance on mental illnesses states that only your health care provider can determine how long to treat mental illness with medication that is right for each individual person and how often to monitor therapy.
in Ironton, OH |
Dr Mitchell is the best physician I've encountered in family/general medicine. Easy to get an appointment. Waiting time is never very long. He has student nurses, nurse practitioners, and doctors who learn from him as they see patients first. He doesn't over medicate & will give you exercises to do before sending you to physical therapy. If you have an issue that is better diagnosed by a specialist he will send you to a specialist instead of running tests that they will repeat. Best doctor
Belleville, IL |
My family has been doing to Dr. Mitchell for over 5 years now. His appointments always run on time - he does not over prescribe - and is a great family doctor.
in Belleville, IL |
I really like this doctor. He is extremely smart and spot on with his diagnosis by just looking at you . My two teenage boys go here and are very at ease with him. I was recommended him by my older sister and am glad I went. I can't say enough about this wonderful doctor.
in New Baden, IL |
I have recommended Dr. Mitchell to numerous family members and friends with many of them still seeing him, including my Mother. I'm 53 yrs old with mostly just the "getting older" issues but I trust Dr. Mitchell with my life.
Belleville, IL |
I saw Dr. Mitchell recently. Extremely nice guy. He was able to get me in that morning. Doctors generally make me nervous, but his office was so friendly. Everyone was down to earth, respectful. I appreciated that he did not push me into any kind of unnecessary test, that he told me what he was doing. I also liked his sense of humor. I can tell that he and his staff genuinely care about their patients. Hopefully I wont be going back to dr anytime soon, but if I do it will probably be here.
in Belleville, IL |
he is always available to talk to - you don't get rushed out from your appointment - you never sit and wait for your appointment time - he will email you if you have questions - always positive attitude.
in Belleville, IL |
Getting an appointment is easy and wait time is short. Now to describe the visit...You go into a room and you tell a student nurse what's wrong with you as they write it down on the computer. {Note: I've been there at least 5 times and I've never had the same nurse}, then they check your temperature and blood pressure. Now you wait for Dr. Mitchell to come in and repeat what you told the student nurse back to you, then he'll write an order to get a prescription or an order to go somewhere else.
The only Ryan near that date was there for med refills at a lunchtime visit. The visit was around 30 minutes. I am a preceptor for Maryville U, Barnes/Goldfarb, and UMSL. Most office have MAs who do vitals/chief concerns. I have highly qualified NP students who assist me for a semester. I personally verify the information with the patient and examine each patient for completeness. Referrals are made for some labs and specialty care. The patient voiced no complaints about his care.
in Belleville, IL |
Dr. Dave is a great doctor. I just moved to Illinois and needed my thyroid meds refilled. The urgent care wouldn’t do it and recommended Dr. David Mitchell. He saw me the next day, ordered labs, and adjusted my medication. I tried to pay my copay, but he worked with me to get a free physical that required no copay. Dr. Dave works to save the patient money and really cares about his patients. I recommend my friends and family to go see the best Shiloh doctor.
in Scheller |
Dr. Dave is the best Shiloh doctor in the area. As a nurse I had worked closely with him and knew how he cared for his patients. He saved my dad?s life in the hospital, and he found my thyroid cancer. He was able to lookup labs and ultrasound results at both local hospitals. He even saw me on the weekend rounds. Anytime I have ever needed an appointment, I have been able to get into the office within 24 hours. I am glad I switched to The Country Doctor. He can be trusted and is knowledgea
Have you seen Dr. David Mitchell, MD?

Visit Dr. Mitchell