Dr. David Medford, MD

Dr. David Medford, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Comprehensive EyeCare With A Personalized Touch. We Specialize in LenSx Laser Cataract Surgery, Lasik, Contact Lenses and Refractive Cataract Surgery. Glaucoma and Diabetic EyeCare is emphasized as well.

Dr. David Medford, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Morristown, NJ. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Medford is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center and Morristown Medical Center.

Dr. Medford's Experience

See how Dr. Medford's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Medford

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Medford has admitting privileges.

Dr. Medford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Medford to family and friends
Dr. Medford Says:

A patient s recommendation is the highest compliment. Thank you for your recommendations and for trusting your health and the health of your family or friends to our practice. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Thank you for trusting us to care for you and your family.

Dr. Medford's Performance
Morristown, NJ |
Dr Medford successfully removed cataracts from both my eyes. The Doctor put me at ease by thoroughly explaining every phase of the procedures. In addition his staff is thoughtful and courteous. I would highly recommend.
Basking Ridge, NJ |
I was not pleased with Dr. Medford. I waited 30 minutes to see him. He seem more concern with getting me to surgery verse explaining why I needed the procedure, the process and the results. He seems more interested in the $$$ than my welfare.
Budd Lake, New Jersey |
I have been recommending Dr. Medford to my family and friends. He is the best!
in Mendham, NJ |
I am a freelance photographer and marvel at the beauty and power of eyes. I decided to have cataracts removed but was apprehensive, as my eyes are my business. Dr. Medford guided me through the procedure with great care, and assured me of the benefits of the Laser System. At the Pre Op visit, Dr. Medford was able to help me relax about the up and coming surgeries. I really like his manner and professionalism. Thanks to him, I can see clearly now in HD! Glad to be one of over 9,000 he's helped!
in Maplewood, NJ |
My husband referred Dr Medford to me, both for his skills and the care he exhibits his Patients. I went to Dr. Medford and found his explanations to be clear and insightful. With his guidance, I chose to get Laser cataract surgery with toric monfocal IOL lenses. The operation went very smoothly and my recovery was rapid. My vision is now remarkable; I do not need glasses for distance or reading. His staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend Dr. Medford to anyone who need surgery
in Morristown, NJ |
I have been a patient and colleague of Dr. Medford for over 20 years. As patient I have been impressed by the friendly environment and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Medford performed refractive surgery on me around 1997. The results were outstanding. I still do not wear glasses for distance As a colleague, I know that Dr. Medford is well respected by his peers for his surgical skills. I have referred hundreds of my patients to Dr. Medford and have never had anything but positive feed
Marlboro, NJ |
From my initial consultation to my post operative follow up visits I only had top quality care. I am very satisfied and would definitely recommend Dr. Medford.
in Madison, NJ |
I just left the Drs office. Forced to wait, then treated rudely. Assistant was unprofessional. Also, Dr is NOT a Glaucoma expert
in Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Medford performed my LASIK surgery in June 2016. I had long put off having the surgery due to lingering concerns over potential risks. Dr. Medford provided a clear set of explanations to help me assess the pro's and con's. The consultations were doctor/patient, not salesperson/customer. I am also very happy I went with an experienced ophthalmologist to operate on my eyes who could provide personalized attention vs. the "factory operations" you hear advertising on the radio.
in Randolph, NJ |
As a Doctor, I am keenly aware of Dr. Medford's skill and caring. Two years ago he removed my cataracts. He did a beautiful job. My vision is now excellent. From one Doctor to another, I say Thank You Dr. Medford.
in Sussex, NJ |
Caring, professional, and someone I would enthusiastically recommend.
Newton, NJ |
The eye exam needed to be done twice.
I am extremely happy since the removal of my cataracts. Based on Dr. Medford's advice. I chose the RESTOR multifocal IOL lenses. I know that was the right decision for me. My distance vision is greatly improved and I am able to do needlepoint with no vision problems. I am also reading books and the newspaper with no problems. The entire experience went smoothly. Dr. Medford and his staff were friendly, professional, and put me at ease.
in West Milford, NJ |
I've recently had both eyes operated on for removal of cataracts. I had a referral from my optometrist, but did not find positive reviews for that ophthalmologist. I searched for someone with better reviews and came upon Dr. Medford (Affiliated Eye Surgeons 95 Madison Ave, Ste 400 Morristown, NJ 07960). The wait time for the original examination was a couple of months, which indicates how much of this type of work his organization does. Once in, the actual appointments for the operations wer
in Brookside, NJ |
My husband and I are still amazed at how easy our cataract surgeries went - easy on a number of levels: no apprehension, no pain and smooth recoveries. Our doctor - David Medford - did an outstanding job on us: he was most reassuring and very competent. His staff is more than able and the Ridgedale Surgery Center proved to be professional and kind.Our recoveries were rapid with no downtime: the improvement in our vision is remarkable. My husband's vision is now 20/20 for the first time!
in Morris Plains, NJ |
Recently had cataract surgery and lasik surgery on my left eye. I had terrible vision in that eye due to an astigmatism since childhood. Was nervous for years to get it corrected with lasik surgery, However, the cataract made it that much worse and i decided to get the lasik done as well. Dr Medford, his staff and the staff at the surgi center were very good and I felt like I was in very competent hands. My trust in them was worth it. My vision is so much better!! i would do it again.
in Madison, NJ |
I have been his patient for over 20 yrs and he has the best staff I've ever experienced. They are polite and friendly and really care about everyone. Many of them have been there for a long time, so he must treat them well. Dr. Medford almost always runs on time, and I never feel like I'm in one of those offices where my time is not respected. He explains things clearly, though he is very exacting in what he wants in compliance from patients and makes the relationship a 2-way street.
Excellent doctor.
in Morris Plains, NJ |
i just returned from my appointment with Dr. Medford. He was polite, knowledgeable, explained everything to my satisfaction and was very patient. The staff was friendly and courteous. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. David Medford, MD?
Are you Dr. Medford?

Compare Dr. Medford

Dr. Medford's Care Philosophy

Dr. Medford says...

Dr. Medford's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

• ARC Doctor of the Year Award, 1995

Dr. Medford has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Medford's Board Certifications

• Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Affiliated Eye Residency Of Nj

Completed in 1988

Cornell University, Arts & Sciences

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Medford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Medford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology