Dr. David Medford, MD PC

OphthalmologyMaleAge 63

Dr. Medford

Affiliated Eye Surgeons of Northern NJ, pa

95 Madison Ave Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. David Medford, MD PC is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Morristown, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities Morristown Medical Center and Saint Barnabas Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Medford to book an appointment.

Dr. Medford's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Medford

Dr. Medford?
  • Explained conditions well (154)
  • Listened & answered questions (154)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (151)
  • Long wait times (12)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (7)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
Dr. Medford took his time with me to explain all the available options with the advantages and disadvantages of each. He was very caring and re-assuring during each step of the exams and then the surgery itself. Everyone who I had contact with in the office and the surgical center was very caring and professional. The results of the surgeries was great.
Don Spidell – Dec 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. Medford corrected my cataracts completely. I now have crystal clear 20/20 vision.
  • Long wait times
Greg – Nov 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. David Medford is an outstanding ophthalmologist with excellent surgical skills. He is also a personable and caring individual. He has been my doctor for 15 years. In 2013 Dr. Medford performed cataract surgery on me. It was complex because of my right eye detached retina which took place 9 years earlier. The surgery was very successful resulting in 20/20 vision and limited use of reading glasses. I recommend Dr. Medford without any reservations.
John – Nov 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. Medford performed corrective laser surgery on my eyes when it was a relatively new procedure. It has been good for 30 years. Recently, he did cataract surgery for me and all went well. I am a doctor in Morris County and am often asked for referrals. I can enthusiastically recommend Dr. Medford.
Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. Medford was very patient when explaining the procedure of cataract surgery. I felt I was in very good hands and wasn't nervous anymore. I was completely satisfied from start to finish. His staff couldn't have been more helpful and find. I would definitely recommend Dr. Medford for cataract surgery.
Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. Medford spent time with me explaining the procedure to remove the cataracts in both my eyes. He used the laser on both my eyes and it was painless and very quick. Since I have in both eyes astigmatism in both eyes, we initially planned to have a toric lens for each eye. Dr. Medford did some additional calculations. He then determined that the laser use on the right eye would remove the need for the toric lens and by doing so, I save about $800 in both his fee and the surgical center fee.
Robert A. Agrusti – Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. David Medford performed cataract surgery at the Ridgedale Surgery Center in Cedar Knolls in July 2020. The protocols for managing during the pandemic were thorough and I felt completely safe both at the office and at the surgical center. Dr. Medford is a fantastic doctor-explaining upfront the process and the costs and then during the surgery explaining each step and what to expect. I had complete confidence in him. For the first time in 40 years, I can drive without glasses. The clarity, detail and colors that I can now see are amazing. I would highly recommended Dr. Medford.
Stuart – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. Medford is an informative and compassionate doctor. He is very patient and explained the procedure, recovery, and expectations when I came in for a consultation very carefully. I felt safe and in perfect hands during cataract surgery. I am pleased with the results. The staff is amazing, all were friendly, kind, and caring. This was a positive experience!
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. David Medford of Affiliated Eye Surgeons performed cataract surgery on my left eye on June 23rd and my right eye on July 14th. The procedures were conducted at the Ridgefield Surgery Center (the “RSC”) in Cedar Knolls. Wow! What a remarkable difference! If you’re reading this before you’ve chosen the procedure, Dr. Medford or the RSC, I want to allay any concerns you might have. A patient could not ask for a more professional, competent or solicitous physician. I originally chose Dr. Medford several years ago when my ophthalmologist retired. Dr. Medford came highly recommended, and now I understand why. Before the procedures, he walked me through what he would do and what I might expect. He was squarely on target with both forecasts. I opted for PanOptix distant lens in both eyes. I have never driven a car without needing glasses – until this surgery. As I said before, Wow! One final note, in the midst of Covid 19, the doctor and the RSC did a great job keeping me safe.
Alan N – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
I am most impressed with Dr Medford and his expertise. His staff is truly an extension of his personality: caring, friendly, very competent and professional. Before and after my surgery he explained every step of the way. He has restored my vision to my total satisfaction. My recommendation does not come easily. As a former Superintendent of Schools he receives my highest commendation.
Mario Volpe EdD – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Dr. Medford is a skilled and professional doctor. He explained everything that he was going to do during the cataract surgery at my consultation before surgery. I was very calm and assured that all would go smoothly counting on his expertise. I opted to have the multifocal lens applied to aid in both the distance, and close up reading, without the use of glasses. The Ridgedale Surgery Center was clean and adhered to all Covid 19 mandates. The staff were friendly and efficient. Laser surgery was only a trifle uncomfortable but only lasted 30 seconds or so and Dr. Medford was at my side telling me exactly what was happening and how long the procedure would last. After surgery, my eyesight was crystal clear, and I was told it would even get better as time went on. Healing process was approximately a week with absolutely no pain. I highly recommend Dr. David Medford and his staff at the Surgical Center.
Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Waited over 1 hour for initial exam with Dr.; left office at 2.5 hours.
Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Being very nearsighted I needed to find a good eye doctor when I moved to NJ in 1985 and got recommendations from my fellow workers. Having been with him for years in 2000, now comfortable with its advancement, I had Dr. Medford perform Lasik surgery. I wound up with mono-vision and haven't needed glasses to read or see distances for years; one of the best things I've done in my life. Over the years Dr Medford has closely monitored my eyes for potential issues and clearly explained what he's looking at and why. After another 19 years it was time for cataract surgery and I requested he provide lens to continue my mono-vision, after watching friends now need glasses to read after their cataract surgery. It's been six months and I'm doing great. I have the upmost confidence in Dr Medford's knowledge and skills to trust him with my eyes.
The Big G – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
This is my second experience with Dr Medford and I am more than pleased. He is kind,,careful and competent. And most of all. Intrude him to do his best
Shirley Swardenski in Cape May, NJ – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
The best and most respected ophthalmic surgeon in the northern New Jersey area, Dr. David Medford, a Cornell graduate, performed my cataract surgery flawlessly and with no pain. I can SEE again! Highly recommended.
Michael S. Fey, Ph.D. – Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Medford and his staff were informative and professional throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Dr. Medford for anyone seeking cataract surgery.
Dianna Ciatto – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
The best! A+ Can’t say enough about Dr. Medford. He is my eye doctor and performed cataract removal surgery on both my eyes.He is an extremely professional and skilled doctor. From start to finish, he answered all my questions, explained step by step the procedure and made me feel very comfortable throughout the surgery. Outcome was right on. “I can see clearly now.” His office and medical / surgical staff are friendly, helpful and experienced. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Medford to anyone considering or needing cataract surgery.
Denise Winer – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
I highly recommend Dr. Medford for any eye problems or eye surgery. My husband who has several eye diseases, including glaucoma and wet macular degeneration, had successful lasik cataract surgery by Dr. Medford. Dr. Medford also volunteers for See International organization to restore eyesight in developing countries and poor areas all over the world, including the US.
Rita Ben-Asher in Parsippany, NJ – Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
Very pleased with results of my surgery. Was skeptical due to prior RK Surgery. Dr Medford assured me ok to do lasik along with cataract surgery. Vision could not be better!! Best Dr used by sister and son. Exceptional care.
Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?
I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. Dr. Medford spends as much time as needed to time explain the procedure and answer any questions you have. The procedure was painless. Dr Medford and his staff made me feel comfortable and confident. Everything went well. Dr Medford also treated me for glaucoma with a laser procedure. Great results..no need for drops.
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Medford, MD PC?

How was your experience with Dr. Medford?

Comprehensive EyeCare With A Personalized Touch. We Specialize in LenSx Laser Cataract Surgery, Lasik, Contact Lenses and Refractive Cataract Surgery....Read more

• Ophthalmology