Dr. David Medford, MD

Dr. David Medford, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. David Medford, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Morristown, NJ. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

95 Madison Ave Ste 400

Morristown, NJ 07960

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Medford

See how frequently Dr. Medford performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Drusen
Migraine
Diabetic Retinopathy

Dr. Medford's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Medford "Comprehensive EyeCare With A Personalized Touch. We Specialize in LenSx Laser Cataract Surgery, Lasik, Contact Lenses and Refractive Cataract Surgery. Glaucoma and Diabetic EyeCare is emphasized as well."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Restylane® Injections
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Cornell University, Arts & Sciences
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Affiliated Eye Residency Of Nj
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

• ARC Doctor of the Year Award, 1995

Dr. Medford has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Medford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Medford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Medford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Medford to family and friends
Dr. Medford Says:

A patient s recommendation is the highest compliment. Thank you for your recommendations and for trusting your health and the health of your family or friends to our practice. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Thank you for trusting us to care for you and your family.

Dr. Medford's Performance
in Madison, NJ |
Dr. Medford is both caring and careful — two attributes that anyone wants in a surgeon, especially for delicate eye surgery. I'm very pleased with the results of my cataract surgery as well as the process of getting there. I was impressed with the detailed and easy-to-understand directions his staff provided, and undoubtedly that Dr. Medford created. It was simple to keep track of the eye drops I needed to use before and after surgery. His explanations are always thorough. never confusing.
Denville, NJ |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes, two weeks apart in June, 2017 and to date couldn’t be happier. The procedures went very well and I have perfect vision in one eye, and a little less than perfect in the other eye. My astigmatisms were treated with Toric monofocal intraocular lenses and the procedures were performed using advanced laser technology. Immediately after the surgeries I could see without my glasses for the first time in 55 years and had absolutely no pain or issues in both eyes
in Mendham, NJ |
I am a freelance photographer and marvel at the beauty and power of eyes. I decided to have cataracts removed but was apprehensive, as my eyes are my business. Dr. Medford guided me through the procedure with great care, and assured me of the benefits of the laser system. At the pre-op visit, Dr. M was able to help me relax about the upcoming surgeries. I really like his manner and professionalism. Thanks to him, I can see clearly now in HD! Glad to be one of the over 9,000 he's helped.
Morristown, NJ |
I needed to wear glasses since my early childhood due to a severe astigmatism. Even with corrective lenses, my vision was not clear nor sharp and often hazy. About two years ago, I went to Dr. Medford for cataract removal and IOC lens transplant. Now have 20/20 in one eye and 20/40 vision in the other. Dr. Medford can really help correct your vision even if you are not a candidate for laser surgery due to severe astigmatism.
in Chatham, NJ |
Dr. Medford is a great doctor and a good person. Cataract surgery was successful and made my distance vision almost perfect. The enhanced brightness makes reading easier and more fun. Kelli and the office and surgery staff could not have been nicer and more efficient.
in Morris Plains, NJ |
I am completely satisfied with the care I've received from Dr. Medford and his staff for the past 6 years. Everyone has been friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. When we agreed that it was time to operate on my cataracts, I found the same professionalism associated with his surgical staff in Cedar Knolls. From the scheduling through the surgery and follow-up visits, everything went very smoothly. I am very happy to have Dr. Medford taking care of my precious eyes.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr Medford and his staff were excellent from the first time I went to see him 2.5yrs ago. He diagnosed my cateract and removed it. His assistant Kelli was very pleasant and easy to deal with. If you have a need for an eye doctor, Dr. Medford should be your choice.
in Morristown, NJ |
I felt like I received a very high level of knowledge about my condition from Dr. Medford. He provided me a variety of options to consider for treatment of my cataract and explained how each of them would impact me during and post surgery. The entire process was well coorinated from staff to surgical facility. The level of care I received was of the highest quality.
Dr. Medford was highly recommended by a friend who was an OR nurse. My own experience with Dr. Medford was excellent. Not only was his expertise comforting, his office staff was very helpful. My experience at the SurgiCenter where the surgery was performed really sealed my satisfaction. Special appreciation to Doctors LaManna and Cacciarelli and all the staff there.
in Butler NJ |
After visiting 2 other eye surgeons and refusing thier care, my cardioligist recommended Dr Medford The thought of burning my eye and sliding something inside scarded me. After talking to Dr Medford he had gained my trust and I agreed with the surgery His hospital and the people working there was wonderful I went thru the surgery on both eyes and very happy No pain no trouble
Fairfield, NJ |
Excellent experience. I recently had cataract removal with lens replacement surgery. I no longer need glasses. Dr Medford and his surgical team were fabulous. I would recommend Dr. Medford.
in West Orange, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Medford for both route ophthalmology exams as well as his superb skill as a surgeon. I have bilateral cataract surgery performed in December 2016 and have not had any complications at all. I do not wear any corrective lenses, had no pain, weeping, etc.
Morristown, NJ |
Dr Medford successfully removed cataracts from both my eyes. The Doctor put me at ease by thoroughly explaining every phase of the procedures. In addition his staff is thoughtful and courteous. I would highly recommend.
Basking Ridge, NJ |
I was not pleased with Dr. Medford. I waited 30 minutes to see him. He seem more concern with getting me to surgery verse explaining why I needed the procedure, the process and the results. He seems more interested in the $$$ than my welfare.
Budd Lake, New Jersey |
I have been recommending Dr. Medford to my family and friends. He is the best!
in Maplewood, NJ |
My husband referred Dr Medford to me, both for his skills and the care he exhibits his Patients. I went to Dr. Medford and found his explanations to be clear and insightful. With his guidance, I chose to get Laser cataract surgery with toric monfocal IOL lenses. The operation went very smoothly and my recovery was rapid. My vision is now remarkable; I do not need glasses for distance or reading. His staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend Dr. Medford to anyone who need surgery
in Morristown, NJ |
I have been a patient and colleague of Dr. Medford for over 20 years. As patient I have been impressed by the friendly environment and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Medford performed refractive surgery on me around 1997. The results were outstanding. I still do not wear glasses for distance As a colleague, I know that Dr. Medford is well respected by his peers for his surgical skills. I have referred hundreds of my patients to Dr. Medford and have never had anything but positive feed
Marlboro, NJ |
From my initial consultation to my post operative follow up visits I only had top quality care. I am very satisfied and would definitely recommend Dr. Medford.
in Madison, NJ |
I just left the Drs office. Forced to wait, then treated rudely. Assistant was unprofessional. Also, Dr is NOT a Glaucoma expert
in Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Medford performed my LASIK surgery in June 2016. I had long put off having the surgery due to lingering concerns over potential risks. Dr. Medford provided a clear set of explanations to help me assess the pro's and con's. The consultations were doctor/patient, not salesperson/customer. I am also very happy I went with an experienced ophthalmologist to operate on my eyes who could provide personalized attention vs. the "factory operations" you hear advertising on the radio.
in Randolph, NJ |
As a Doctor, I am keenly aware of Dr. Medford's skill and caring. Two years ago he removed my cataracts. He did a beautiful job. My vision is now excellent. From one Doctor to another, I say Thank You Dr. Medford.
in Sussex, NJ |
Caring, professional, and someone I would enthusiastically recommend.
Newton, NJ |
The eye exam needed to be done twice.
I am extremely happy since the removal of my cataracts. Based on Dr. Medford's advice. I chose the RESTOR multifocal IOL lenses. I know that was the right decision for me. My distance vision is greatly improved and I am able to do needlepoint with no vision problems. I am also reading books and the newspaper with no problems. The entire experience went smoothly. Dr. Medford and his staff were friendly, professional, and put me at ease.
in West Milford, NJ |
I've recently had both eyes operated on for removal of cataracts. I had a referral from my optometrist, but did not find positive reviews for that ophthalmologist. I searched for someone with better reviews and came upon Dr. Medford (Affiliated Eye Surgeons 95 Madison Ave, Ste 400 Morristown, NJ 07960). The wait time for the original examination was a couple of months, which indicates how much of this type of work his organization does. Once in, the actual appointments for the operations wer
in Brookside, NJ |
My husband and I are still amazed at how easy our cataract surgeries went - easy on a number of levels: no apprehension, no pain and smooth recoveries. Our doctor - David Medford - did an outstanding job on us: he was most reassuring and very competent. His staff is more than able and the Ridgedale Surgery Center proved to be professional and kind.Our recoveries were rapid with no downtime: the improvement in our vision is remarkable. My husband's vision is now 20/20 for the first time!
in Morris Plains, NJ |
Recently had cataract surgery and lasik surgery on my left eye. I had terrible vision in that eye due to an astigmatism since childhood. Was nervous for years to get it corrected with lasik surgery, However, the cataract made it that much worse and i decided to get the lasik done as well. Dr Medford, his staff and the staff at the surgi center were very good and I felt like I was in very competent hands. My trust in them was worth it. My vision is so much better!! i would do it again.
in Madison, NJ |
I have been his patient for over 20 yrs and he has the best staff I've ever experienced. They are polite and friendly and really care about everyone. Many of them have been there for a long time, so he must treat them well. Dr. Medford almost always runs on time, and I never feel like I'm in one of those offices where my time is not respected. He explains things clearly, though he is very exacting in what he wants in compliance from patients and makes the relationship a 2-way street.
Excellent doctor.
in Morris Plains, NJ |
i just returned from my appointment with Dr. Medford. He was polite, knowledgeable, explained everything to my satisfaction and was very patient. The staff was friendly and courteous. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. David Medford, MD?
Are you Dr. Medford?