Dr. David McDonald, DMD

Dr. David McDonald, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·
Dr. David McDonald, DMD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Chattanooga, TN and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Medical University of South Carolina / College of Dental Medicine in 1995 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.Read his story

1720 Gunbarrel Rd Ste 200

Chattanooga, TN 37421

• Ameritas
  • DenteMax
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. McDonald

Dr. McDonald's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McDonald "I grew up in Chattanooga, TN and completed high school at McCallie in 1986. I graduated from King College in Bristol, TN with a B.S. in Biology in 1991. I graduated from The Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine in 1995. I spent 3 years in the United States Army Dental Corps and was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY and Fort Drum, NY from 1995-1998. I completed my 4 year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, GA in 2002. I was in private practice in Florence, SC from 2002-2004. I moved back home in 2004 and started my current private practice. I completed my Board Certification with The American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in March 2007 and in 2017 completed the 10 year recertification exam. I have been married for 29 years and have 3 grown children and a grandson."

This content was provided by Dr. McDonald "My staff and I strive to be friendly, understanding and compassionate while providing the best oral surgical care possible."

1  Practice Areas

• Pediatric Dental Exam
  • Root Canal
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

1 Board Action
  • Failure to complete continuing education requirements (7/14/2016)
    Action Taken: Fine
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Tennessee

• Aegd, Fort Campbell, Ky
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Medical College of Georgia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. McDonald has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McDonald has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McDonald does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McDonald and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McDonald's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McDonald to family and friends

Dr. McDonald's Performance

He is the BEST dentist ever!!!¡!!! He and his staff are the best caring dentist and affiliates I've ever had and I hate dentists and going to them.... Thank you Dr McDonald and staff
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I am not very happy with this dentist at all I'm in severe pain my mother called to talk to one of the nurses to see if they can change the pain medication they have me on because it's not working the nurses name is TT she got very rude and smart with my mother called my mother a liar talk to my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I am sorry you were unhappy with my care. I saw you on March 16 and you were in dental pain. I prescribed you antibiotics and pain medication that day and you received surgery with IV anesthesia the next day on March 17 and the procedure went well. When you came in for a follow up on March 27 you mentioned you wanted me to perform another surgery. My staff and I try to perform the best surgery possible and treat patients with compassion and respect. I apologize that we made you unhappy.