Dr. David Marks, MD

Practices Pulmonology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 113 reviews.
Wonderful
Great
Awesome
Every 6 months
Author:
I just read some of the reviews here regarding Dr. Marks. I have experienced none of these concerns in my over 3 years as a patient. I love that he is upfront, honest, caring and knowledgeable. If your going to leave a complaint, please follow some rules. First learn how to spell. Second, unless your immobilized, your not getting out of jury duty. It’s your civic duty to attend and the court will grant you access to use your medical needs.
Author:
I would recommend Dr Marks in a heartbeat. One can always look elsewhere if it doesn't work out to your satisfaction, but my experience so far with him & his staff has been very good. I had no trouble making an initial appointment a year ago and have made my followup appts before leaving the office. I've also called to have a prescription changed which he ok'd the same day. He's one of the kindest medical practitioners I've ever met. He's sincere and is there because he wants to help people. He also does volunteer medical work with an international organization. He's a hard to find type of physician and I'm grateful he's there.
Author:
Just walked in utter frustration. I had my first appointment two months ago. I didn't see the doctor, which is irksome (given my $50 co-pay) but not unusual. After a very long wait, I saw the PA or whatever she is. I knew exactly what she would say because the paper-thin walls ensured I heard every word she said to the patient next door. I left with the promise they would call when I had been OK'd for a sleep study. Weeks went by, no call. I called them and was told they hadn't even started trying to get approval. More weeks, then I did the 3-night sleep study. A week later, I was informed they never got the pre-approval from my insurance so I would have to do it again. Two more weeks, and I was told they had the OK, come and get the equipment so I could do it all over again. Today when she handed me the same form I have filled out, and I was asked for the 3rd time about credit card info and my driver's license number, I walked out. I'm calling Cigna to suggest dropping this practice.
Author:
Very friendly and informative. Great staff also!
Author:
was referred by my general practitioner but never able to get through to make an appointment; they have recordings that say to leave a message, but no one ever called back. All these reviews say the doctor may be OK, but the staff is horrible. If you can't even get through to make an appointment, in my book that is terrible. Have asked my doctor for a different referral.
Author:
This is the worse place ever in regards to contacting anyone. Have been calling everyday for a week and have yet to get anyone to answer phone or return my call. It obvious customer service is not a strong point.
I am sorry you claim to have issues getting a return phone call. My office uses a detailed voicemail system that allows patients to leave voicemails when they desire. If you get the voiceamail, it simply means that my staff is busy helping others. If you leave a message, then my system saves and stores each message. I would welcome you to email me at psidrmarks@gmail.com so I can personally investigate your claim of calling daily for a week without a return call.
Author:
Would love to have Dr. Marks for my pulmonary doctor, but am unwilling to deal with his staff. No one ever answers the phone. May or not call you back. Frequently voice mail does not allow for leaving a message. If I'm in need, cannot rely on being able to get ahold of the doctor when needed. So I am forced to go elsewhere!
Author:
Horrible and arrogant staff only care about the money and not the patient!!!
Author:
As an adult, I have had asthma since birth so I am accustomed to shortness of breath. Dr. Marks was recommended highly by my regular physician, and i'm feeling MUCH better.
Author:
While I think Dr. Marks is really good at what he does, his office staff is very weak. It is almost impossible to get someone to answer the phone and when I leave a message, it is rarely followed up on. As an example, I have called and talked with office staff 4 times in the last 4 weeks about a prescription for a travel CPAP and they have still not followed through.
Author:
Dr. Marks is an outstanding pulmonary physician! I’ve been under his care for a while, as I suffer from chronic asthma. Dr. Marks bedside manner is excellent. He is caring, understanding, and genuinely explains his concerns. I suffered an asthma attack in his presence, while prepping for a marathon race. Dr. Marks immediately tended to me and provided the care that saved my life. I see Dr. Marks often for my condition, and his staff are polite and welcoming. I highly recommend Dr. Marks!
Author:
If you want to be treated with care, respect and dignity. Dr Marks will assure you get that and more. My family and I trust our health to San Antonio’s best !
Author:
The office staff is questionable. I had to pay the full fee upfront, because the clerk interpreted my insurance; I assured her insur. would pay part! Then I was charged an extra $11 fee to use a credit card to pay! My insur. did pay, & I haven’t gotten a refund & I'm sure I won’t get back part of that cc fee! Rip off! I’m also not feeling great care by Dr.Marks; I explained how much worse I felt, but was dismissed because of a test that looked good—Im not better, I live it, but case closed ?
Author:
Dr. Marks and his staff really care about their patients that they see. The are very through in going over ur prognosis and making sure u understand everything. Dr. Marks keeps in touch with u through his portal as well. Very professional, knowledgeable and personable. No doubt he is the best pulmonologist there is! I am blessed to have him as my doctor!!
Author:
Dr. Marks spent all the time with me needed to understand my issues and to explain next steps. He was exceptionally prompt in getting back to me with test results. He projected a clear sense of concern and interest in my situation.
Author:
My mother was referred to Dr. Marks. She liked Dr. Marks; however, his office staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. My mother had tests run, and the office staff refused to return my mother's calls when she tried to find out the test results a week later. After 9 days, she finally had to go over there two times before someone would return her call regarding her results. The office staff here thinks they can treat patients in a cold and callous manner and get away with it. And they do.
Author:
I’ve worked with Dr. Marks in the hospital setting and requested an appointment based on his skill and devotion for my recurrent respiratory infections. He treated me and recognized a deficiency in my immune system that hadn’t been noticed before. Dr. Marks treats the cause of the issue, not just the symptoms! He actually listens to his patients, shows compassion and dedication, and is THE best and only Pulmonologist you’ll need to get you on the right track too!
Author:
Dr. Marks was very knowledgable and able to explain what was going on at a level that I could understand, he was very professional and organized. His staff was very friendly and the office was very clean.
Author:
Dr Marks is attentive and passionate about patient care. His staff was amazing and he was very thoughtful and attentive during patient care. I was able to get a civilian flight physical done extremely quickly.
Author:
He is an excellent doctor who takes time go over matters with his patients to make sure they understand their situation and their options
Author:
I am so thankful that I found Dr. Marks. .He has helped me get back on my feet after a bout with pneumonia this year . I have been seeing him for at least 6 years and would not think of going elsewhere.He is the best and his staff members Elizabeth and Vanessa are always there for me . Sandra M.
Author:
Dr. Marks is always professional, caring/concerned, a great listener, answers all of my questions, and gives me direct/explicit instructions of what I need to do to be as healthy as possible. It is a pleasure to be a patient of a doctor who genuinely cares about his patients and takes the time to listen. I greatly appreciate Dr. Marks and his team; they are super!
Author:
My long-time family physician found Dr. Marks for me. I had severe breathing problems that my allergy and asthma specialist could not help. Dr. Marks spoke with my husband and me for a long time about my illness. Elizabeth, his technician, gave me the most accurate pulmonary function test I have ever had. These tests are a bit scary, but she was so very kind. I had other tests ordered that revealed other medical issues. Dr. Marks has saved my life, 50% to 80% improvement in just a few months.
Author:
I found Dr Marks and his staff extremely competent. Highly recommend.
Author:
I'm a senior cancer survivor that has been affected by hard sleep apnea issues. When we relocated to San Antonio, TX we were referred to Dr. David Marks, MD, at the Pulmonary Sleep Institute. After a battery of tests and sleep studies, my diagnosis was reevaluated and my sleep therapies adjusted to address my sleep disorders. My outdated CPAP unit was replaced by a state of the art unit. My follow up visits are equally rewarding. He provides a valued trademark of medical excellence.
Author:
Dr. Marks always takes the time needed to be sure I understand our conversations about my health. His office is very welcoming with a friendly and caring staff. I have referred a new patient to him who loves him just as well.
Author:
Dr. Marks listens to his patients and is an expert in his field. He is collaborative and will call on other doctors for advice if there is something he is unsure about. He is very good at making sure you understand what is going on and the treatment plan. He called me at 7:30pm to report lab results and explain his proposed treatment plan and was willing to come in early or work on a weekend to schedule a needed procedure. He is honestly the best doctor/specialist I've seen.
Author:
Friendly staff! Great patient care!
Author:
Dr Marks...your contribution in my life is nothing short of magical. Thank you for all your support – medical and emotional! You made me feel safe, cared for, and comfortable. Thanks for your warmth, humor, care, and attention. Every day of my life will be better because of you...
Author:
HORRIBLE! Calling the office staff is horrible! They never answer the phone. Messages left and no return phone call, and they communicate they will return your phone call within 24 hours, which does not happen. I have called them repeatedly. I called to leave a message to cancel my appointment because I could not get my paperwork transferred from my previous doctor because of their inattentiveness in communication, and then 4 hours later I receive a phone call confirming my appointment. They...
Author:
One of the most efficient and friendly office staffs I have had the pleasure of dealing. They show sincere concern for my medical condition and are always helpful in scheduling my appointments to coincide with my other appointment in town. This is a great help being we live so far away form Dr. Marks office and we like to minimize our trips to town.
Author:
Dr. Marks is friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to take the time to thoroughly explain any tests or procedures and ensure any questions you may have are addressed. He's a great doctor and I would recommend him to anyone needing a pulmonologist.
Author:
His bedside manner and expertise are second to none. I would not hesitate for one moment to recommend Dr. Marks to any of my family or friends. Additionally, his staff is extremely friendly with the patients and very professional.
Author:
Dr Mark you always do a great job explaining things to me about my condition. Your such a caring physician and you take very good care of me,and your so nice. So glad to have you as my Pulmonary physician .Thanks for the good care you gave me at the hospital.
Author:
I was referred to Dr. Marks after being with 2 other pulmonologist over 2 1/2 years of trying to find out what was wrong with my lungs. Dr. Marks did extensive research into my history and ran some test and by the 2nd visit had an idea what was wrong. He ran another test to confirm and put me on the right cure form something the others never saw. I am doing 100% better and improving evert day. Dr. Marks and his staff are very efficient and professional.
Author:
Very professional and friendly.
Author:
Dr. Marks is an outstanding physician that demonstrates excellent bedside manner, compassion, and competency. He goes above and beyond for his patients like when making special accommodations for my wife with a private room while at the hospital to decrease her exacerbations from MS and when I was faced with a scary biopsy which he referred a highly recommended physician whom he would've referred to his father. Office staff is outstanding, especially the receptionist and Star!
Author:
Dr. Marks is very professional, knowledgeable and confident in his work. He is kind and caring. I am never rushed (no matter what time of day I have appointments); he makes sure I understand everything he is telling me.
Author:
I have been under Dr Marks care since last year.I was very ill. My Rheumatoid arthritis attacked my lungs. He brought my lungs back to normal. He is wonderful doctor. Liz his PFT tech is how she coached me and gave me great encouragement during my tests. From the receptionist to the medical assistants all have been great. Some people complain about difficulty with appts, wait times but when you are really sick and have your health returned back to you from talented staff and prayers.Thankyou
Author:
D. Marks is highly qualified and experienced in vast medical specialties. He is also professional and caring in his approach to patients. He is also very detailed in assessing his patients and developing a comprehensive plan of care. I am so happy I chose Dr. Marks as my physician
Author:
He is the best!! He treats his patients like "family". He is very smart and will fight for his patients. He will save your life.
Author:
Dr. Marks is a compassionate and caring professional. He takes his time with his patients and is very thorough in making accurate diagnose. I was misdiagnosed for years by less caring specialists. I will drive all over the metropolex to stay on his patient roster.
Author:
He is attentive, he listened to me and was easy to understand his diagnosis. I really, really like him.
Author:
I consider Dr. Marks very knowledgeable, courteous and patient with my inquiries.
Author:
I have been a patient of Dr. Marks since 2003 and highly recommend Dr. Marks as my Pulmonology and sleep doctor. The office was highly helpful in getting my appointments on time and sending of for my prescriptions . My sleep study results were prompt also . I also am aware that as a patient I needed to check if my insurance covered all my tests . That was my responsibility to cal my insurance . The staff was very helpful and friendly and appreciate them very much so. First class 5 stars doctor.
Author:
I do not have any good remarks about Dr. Marks' office. I was seen on 6-18-16 and was given a rx and his office has yet to complete the necessary paperwork to get my rx filled and it is now 8-11-16. I've wasted money on my visits and my sleep study and I have not received the proper care I expected.