Dr. David A. Marks, MD

Dr. David A. Marks, MD

Pulmonology | Male

Pulmonary Sleep Institute 115 Gallery Cir Ste 102, San Antonio, TX 78258 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Marks specializes in Pulmonology and practices in San Antonio, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Marks? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Marks' Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Marks' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Marks

Dr. Marks accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Marks has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Marks' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marks to family and friends
4.3
Experience with Dr. Marks
Dr. Marks' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (42)
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks is most professional yet genuine and personable in demeanor and interactions with me. I am most impressed that he attentively listens to my questions, and does not minimize my concerns - and that he is also very realistic about what can be done, what I can expect, what I should do (lifestyle changes, etc) as to my diagnoses. I so appreciate his kind and attentive attitude, his direct (but never rude) manner of conveying information and answers, and his time. Kudos to his staff as well!
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Marks since 2003 and highly recommend Dr. Marks as my Pulmonology and sleep doctor. The office was highly helpful in getting my appointments on time and sending of for my prescriptions . My sleep study results were prompt also . I also am aware that as a patient I needed to check if my insurance covered all my tests . That was my responsibility to cal my insurance . The staff was very helpful and friendly and appreciate them very much so. First class 5 stars doctor.
San Antonio, TX |
I do not have any good remarks about Dr. Marks' office. I was seen on 6-18-16 and was given a rx and his office has yet to complete the necessary paperwork to get my rx filled and it is now 8-11-16. I've wasted money on my visits and my sleep study and I have not received the proper care I expected.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Marks is a excellent caring physician. He pulled me out of a severe lung inflammation caused by Rheumatoid Arthritis. He cared for me in the hospital and outpatient. I was very sick. I was on oxygen, steroids, neb treatments for 3 months. I couldn't work for 4 months. He helped me with FMLA paperwork. He gave me his mobile phone number if I needed anything I visited him this Monday and I have normal O2 sats and pulmonary function test was normal. I am working and enjoying life. Thank you Dr M
in Paige, TX |
Dr.Marks is very genuine. He explains everything thoroughly, and answers all of your questions. He is very professional, but also had achieved that kind and gentle demeanour, which tends to be lacking in this fast past ,modern world.
he is the most caring Dr. I have ever had
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been a patient with Dr. Marks for almost two years and I am very satisfied with Dr. Marks and his staff. He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and I am extremely pleased with the quality of care, detail explanation of those complicated medical terms, and his professionalism.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks and his staff (esp Starr, Myra, and Kate) are very knowledgable and friendly when I need to visit. The wait times are short and the visits are comfortable and efficient. I feel at ease with their consults and care, and my recovery time is shorter than that of all my previous Physicians.
in New York, NY |
He is the BEST pulmonary specialist!!! His PNP Kate was really thorough on my last visit also. She is much more professional than the previous nurse! The office staff is great -- even got me in much earlier than my appointment time. Thanks!
in San Antonio, TX |
I would recommend Dr Marks to all of my friends and family. I appreciated the time he spent making sure that I understood my situation and various ways to treat it. Thank you Dr Marks
in San Antonio |
Dr. Marks is an exceptional person and physician. He is very caring. A truly great caregiver.
in San Antonio, Tx |
I am beyond pleased with the care Dr. Marks and his staff have shown me. As a result of the treatment plan the doctor has me on ? I HAVE MY LIFE BACK. He is always friendly and compassionate to my concerns and needs. Dr. Marks and his staff have made a difference in my life. I look forward to seeing them every other week for my treatments ? they have become my Friday Friends. Thank you, Kate, Myra, and Dr. Marks for helping me live again! and Thank you for your service to our country sir!
in San Antonio |
Dr. Marks is everything you would want in your doctor. He shows compassion, treats you as person not someone I have to see and then let me move on to the next one. In my opinion what is one of Dr. Marks strong points is he listens and follows up within a timely manner.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr marks provided top notch care throughout my treatment. He took extra time to explain everything that I was seeing on my CT scan and answered all of the questions I had. I never felt as if I was being pushed out of the door.
in Converse, TX |
In regards of a 3 hour wait that is by far an over exaggeration!! I've been a patient of Dr. Marks for a long time, and as a new patient his staff welcomed me with open arms. Not only did Dr. Marks save my life, he was the only pulmonologist that diagnosed my rare lung disease! If I ever had to wait 3 hours to see Dr. Marks it would be well worth the wait because he always answers all my questions and is very thorough, and I know his other patients are experiencing the same extent of care!
in San Antonio , TX |
I am a patient of Dr Marks, and I have been extremely pleased with the level of care I receive. His receptionists are friendly, and always greet me with a smile. I never feel rushed during my visits, because Dr Marks takes the time to answer all of my questions. He keeps his clinic running in tip top condition, and his staff is very efficient in handling all my needs.
in San Antonio, TX |
Unless you enjoy rude,people, ambivalent medical care and LONG LONG wait times - STAY AWAY! Regardless of when I was scheduled, a 3 hour wait was MINIMAL. Staff ONLY concern is the Late/Missed appointment Fee if you are late. The fact you HAVE to wait a minimum of 3+ hours is irrelevant. Complaints to Marx are disregarded or dismissed out of hand. His staff is a reflection of his attitude - He is arrogant, rude, uncaring and seems to be Bi-Polar-type personality. STAY AWAY FAR FAR Away - RUN!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Impossible to talk to without appointment even if told to call back by Dr Marks. Office staff is rude and very lacking in knowledge and ability. Office ran like a military post. Chain of command type thing.
in San Antonio, TX |
Worst experience ever. I had an appt today 2-25-16 at 1:30. Arrived at 1:30 and signed in right after a man who also had a 1:30 appt. He put down as time of arrival 1:25. I left that line blank because i didn't have a watch. At 2:00 the receptionist called me and told me they would have to reschedule me - she wouldn't believe I was on time. Or I could wait until they had seen those who signed in after I did. She was unbelievably rude. All b/c I didn't put my arrival time. Won't go back there.
Have you seen Dr. David A. Marks, MD?
Are you Dr. Marks?

• Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Thrombosis
  • Viral Infection
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wheezing

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Arterial Line Insertion
  • Breath Testing
  • Bronchial Thermoplasty
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Central Line Insertion
  • Chest Tube Insertion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Minimally Invasive and Navigational Procedure
  • Percutaneous Tracheostomy
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
  • Respiratory Management
  • Right Heart Catheterization (Swan-Ganz)
  • Sleep Study

Uthscsa

Completed in 2007

Austin College

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Marks has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Marks' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pulmonology
  • Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Marks

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Marks' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Marks

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients