Dr. David Marks, MD

Pulmonology | Male

Pulmonary Sleep Institute 115 Gallery Cir Ste 102 San Antonio, TX 78258 Get Directions
Dr. David Marks, MD

Dr. David Marks, MD is a pulmonology doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Marks is affiliated with North Central Baptist Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital and South Texas Spine and Surgical Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Marks' Experience

See how Dr. Marks' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Marks

Dr. Marks accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Marks is now accepting new patients
Pulmonary Sleep Institute115 Gallery Cir Ste 102
San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 494-4220Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Marks has admitting privileges.

Dr. Marks' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marks to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Marks' Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
I'm a senior cancer survivor that has been affected by hard sleep apnea issues. When we relocated to San Antonio, TX we were referred to Dr. David Marks, MD, at the Pulmonary Sleep Institute. After a battery of tests and sleep studies, my diagnosis was reevaluated and my sleep therapies adjusted to address my sleep disorders. My outdated CPAP unit was replaced by a state of the art unit. My follow up visits are equally rewarding. He provides a valued trademark of medical excellence.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks always takes the time needed to be sure I understand our conversations about my health. His office is very welcoming with a friendly and caring staff. I have referred a new patient to him who loves him just as well.
in Garden Ridge, TX |
Dr. Marks listens to his patients and is an expert in his field. He is collaborative and will call on other doctors for advice if there is something he is unsure about. He is very good at making sure you understand what is going on and the treatment plan. He called me at 7:30pm to report lab results and explain his proposed treatment plan and was willing to come in early or work on a weekend to schedule a needed procedure. He is honestly the best doctor/specialist I've seen.
in San Antonio, Tx |
Friendly staff! Great patient care!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Marks...your contribution in my life is nothing short of magical. Thank you for all your support – medical and emotional! You made me feel safe, cared for, and comfortable. Thanks for your warmth, humor, care, and attention. Every day of my life will be better because of you...
in San Antonio, TX |
HORRIBLE! Calling the office staff is horrible! They never answer the phone. Messages left and no return phone call, and they communicate they will return your phone call within 24 hours, which does not happen. I have called them repeatedly. I called to leave a message to cancel my appointment because I could not get my paperwork transferred from my previous doctor because of their inattentiveness in communication, and then 4 hours later I receive a phone call confirming my appointment. They...
in Canyon Lake, TX |
One of the most efficient and friendly office staffs I have had the pleasure of dealing. They show sincere concern for my medical condition and are always helpful in scheduling my appointments to coincide with my other appointment in town. This is a great help being we live so far away form Dr. Marks office and we like to minimize our trips to town.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks is friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to take the time to thoroughly explain any tests or procedures and ensure any questions you may have are addressed. He's a great doctor and I would recommend him to anyone needing a pulmonologist.
in San Antonio, TX |
His bedside manner and expertise are second to none. I would not hesitate for one moment to recommend Dr. Marks to any of my family or friends. Additionally, his staff is extremely friendly with the patients and very professional.
in spring branch, tx |
Dr Mark you always do a great job explaining things to me about my condition. Your such a caring physician and you take very good care of me,and your so nice. So glad to have you as my Pulmonary physician .Thanks for the good care you gave me at the hospital.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Everyone in the office is professional in every way. Elizabeth did my pulmonary function tests. I have had many tests in the past done by other individuals and they were horrible experiences. Elizabeth explains the instructions and the expectations in a calm, helpful manner. She was outstanding! Both receptionists were friendly and helpful. His assistant was also very helpful. Dr. Marks seems to know everything about the respiratory system. He is also very kind. I trust that he will help me.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Marks after being with 2 other pulmonologist over 2 1/2 years of trying to find out what was wrong with my lungs. Dr. Marks did extensive research into my history and ran some test and by the 2nd visit had an idea what was wrong. He ran another test to confirm and put me on the right cure form something the others never saw. I am doing 100% better and improving evert day. Dr. Marks and his staff are very efficient and professional.
in San Antonio, TX |
Very professional and friendly.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks is an outstanding physician that demonstrates excellent bedside manner, compassion, and competency. He goes above and beyond for his patients like when making special accommodations for my wife with a private room while at the hospital to decrease her exacerbations from MS and when I was faced with a scary biopsy which he referred a highly recommended physician whom he would've referred to his father. Office staff is outstanding, especially the receptionist and Star!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks is very professional, knowledgeable and confident in his work. He is kind and caring. I am never rushed (no matter what time of day I have appointments); he makes sure I understand everything he is telling me.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been under Dr Marks care since last year.I was very ill. My Rheumatoid arthritis attacked my lungs. He brought my lungs back to normal. He is wonderful doctor. Liz his PFT tech is how she coached me and gave me great encouragement during my tests. From the receptionist to the medical assistants all have been great. Some people complain about difficulty with appts, wait times but when you are really sick and have your health returned back to you from talented staff and prayers.Thankyou
in San Antonio, TX |
D. Marks is highly qualified and experienced in vast medical specialties. He is also professional and caring in his approach to patients. He is also very detailed in assessing his patients and developing a comprehensive plan of care. I am so happy I chose Dr. Marks as my physician
in New Braunfels, TX |
He is the best!! He treats his patients like "family". He is very smart and will fight for his patients. He will save your life.
Cibolo, TX |
Dr. Marks is a compassionate and caring professional. He takes his time with his patients and is very thorough in making accurate diagnose. I was misdiagnosed for years by less caring specialists. I will drive all over the metropolex to stay on his patient roster.
in Leming, TX |
He is attentive, he listened to me and was easy to understand his diagnosis. I really, really like him.
in universal city, tx |
I consider Dr. Marks very knowledgeable, courteous and patient with my inquiries.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks is most professional yet genuine and personable in demeanor and interactions with me. I am most impressed that he attentively listens to my questions, and does not minimize my concerns - and that he is also very realistic about what can be done, what I can expect, what I should do (lifestyle changes, etc) as to my diagnoses. I so appreciate his kind and attentive attitude, his direct (but never rude) manner of conveying information and answers, and his time. Kudos to his staff as well!
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Marks since 2003 and highly recommend Dr. Marks as my Pulmonology and sleep doctor. The office was highly helpful in getting my appointments on time and sending of for my prescriptions . My sleep study results were prompt also . I also am aware that as a patient I needed to check if my insurance covered all my tests . That was my responsibility to cal my insurance . The staff was very helpful and friendly and appreciate them very much so. First class 5 stars doctor.
San Antonio, TX |
I do not have any good remarks about Dr. Marks' office. I was seen on 6-18-16 and was given a rx and his office has yet to complete the necessary paperwork to get my rx filled and it is now 8-11-16. I've wasted money on my visits and my sleep study and I have not received the proper care I expected.
in Paige, TX |
Dr.Marks is very genuine. He explains everything thoroughly, and answers all of your questions. He is very professional, but also had achieved that kind and gentle demeanour, which tends to be lacking in this fast past ,modern world.
he is the most caring Dr. I have ever had
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been a patient with Dr. Marks for almost two years and I am very satisfied with Dr. Marks and his staff. He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and I am extremely pleased with the quality of care, detail explanation of those complicated medical terms, and his professionalism.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Marks and his staff (esp Starr, Myra, and Kate) are very knowledgable and friendly when I need to visit. The wait times are short and the visits are comfortable and efficient. I feel at ease with their consults and care, and my recovery time is shorter than that of all my previous Physicians.
in New York, NY |
He is the BEST pulmonary specialist!!! His PNP Kate was really thorough on my last visit also. She is much more professional than the previous nurse! The office staff is great -- even got me in much earlier than my appointment time. Thanks!
in San Antonio, TX |
I would recommend Dr Marks to all of my friends and family. I appreciated the time he spent making sure that I understood my situation and various ways to treat it. Thank you Dr Marks
in San Antonio |
Dr. Marks is an exceptional person and physician. He is very caring. A truly great caregiver.
in San Antonio, Tx |
I am beyond pleased with the care Dr. Marks and his staff have shown me. As a result of the treatment plan the doctor has me on ? I HAVE MY LIFE BACK. He is always friendly and compassionate to my concerns and needs. Dr. Marks and his staff have made a difference in my life. I look forward to seeing them every other week for my treatments ? they have become my Friday Friends. Thank you, Kate, Myra, and Dr. Marks for helping me live again! and Thank you for your service to our country sir!
in San Antonio |
Dr. Marks is everything you would want in your doctor. He shows compassion, treats you as person not someone I have to see and then let me move on to the next one. In my opinion what is one of Dr. Marks strong points is he listens and follows up within a timely manner.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr marks provided top notch care throughout my treatment. He took extra time to explain everything that I was seeing on my CT scan and answered all of the questions I had. I never felt as if I was being pushed out of the door.
in Converse, TX |
In regards of a 3 hour wait that is by far an over exaggeration!! I've been a patient of Dr. Marks for a long time, and as a new patient his staff welcomed me with open arms. Not only did Dr. Marks save my life, he was the only pulmonologist that diagnosed my rare lung disease! If I ever had to wait 3 hours to see Dr. Marks it would be well worth the wait because he always answers all my questions and is very thorough, and I know his other patients are experiencing the same extent of care!
in San Antonio , TX |
I am a patient of Dr Marks, and I have been extremely pleased with the level of care I receive. His receptionists are friendly, and always greet me with a smile. I never feel rushed during my visits, because Dr Marks takes the time to answer all of my questions. He keeps his clinic running in tip top condition, and his staff is very efficient in handling all my needs.
in San Antonio, TX |
Unless you enjoy rude,people, ambivalent medical care and LONG LONG wait times - STAY AWAY! Regardless of when I was scheduled, a 3 hour wait was MINIMAL. Staff ONLY concern is the Late/Missed appointment Fee if you are late. The fact you HAVE to wait a minimum of 3+ hours is irrelevant. Complaints to Marx are disregarded or dismissed out of hand. His staff is a reflection of his attitude - He is arrogant, rude, uncaring and seems to be Bi-Polar-type personality. STAY AWAY FAR FAR Away - RUN!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Worst experience ever. I had an appt today 2-25-16 at 1:30. Arrived at 1:30 and signed in right after a man who also had a 1:30 appt. He put down as time of arrival 1:25. I left that line blank because i didn't have a watch. At 2:00 the receptionist called me and told me they would have to reschedule me - she wouldn't believe I was on time. Or I could wait until they had seen those who signed in after I did. She was unbelievably rude. All b/c I didn't put my arrival time. Won't go back there.
Have you seen Dr. David Marks, MD?
Are you Dr. Marks?

Compare Dr. Marks

Dr. Marks says...

We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of pulmonary related illnesses to include COPD, Asthma, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Lung Mass and a variety sleep related illnesses to include sleep apnea and insomnia.

Dr. Marks says...

We specialize in sleep diagnostic testing to include in lab sleep study in one of San Antonio's premier sleep faculties and home sleep testing.

We offer comprehensive pulmonary diagnostic testing to include full pulmonary function testing and fiberoptic bronchoscopy, state of the art navigational lung biopsy for lung tumors, and bronchial thermoplasty for severe asthma.

All patients will receive a comprehensive evaluation and further testing as clinically indicated.

FAA Aviation Medical Examiner (AME).

Dr. Marks' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pulmonology
  •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine

Dr. Marks has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Marks' Board Certifications

• Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

UTHSCSA

Completed in 2007

Austin College

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Marks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pulmonology
  • Aerospace Medicine
  • Critical Care Medicine
  • Hospice & Palliative Medicine
  • Sleep Medicine

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Arterial Line Insertion
  • Breath Testing
  • Bronchial Thermoplasty
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Central Line Insertion
  • Chest Tube Insertion
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Minimally Invasive and Navigational Procedure
  • Percutaneous Tracheostomy
  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
  • Respiratory Management
  • Right Heart Catheterization (Swan-Ganz)
  • Sleep Study