Dr. David Manning, MD

Dr. David Manning, MD

Non-Surgical Orthopedics  |

Dr. David Manning, MD is a non-surgical orthopedics doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Manning is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Northwestern Center for Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Spine Care

259 E Erie St Fl 13

Chicago, IL 60611

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HFN
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Manning

"Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives."

Video

Dr. Manning's Experience

Dr. Manning's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
  • University of Chicago Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Manning has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Manning does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Manning and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Manning's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Manning to family and friends
Dr. Manning's Performance
in New Lenox, IL |
Absolutely the best!
in Barrington, IL |
Dr. Manning replaced my left hip two weeks ago. I could not have asked for any better results. I left the hospital the day after surgery. I have had almost zero pain since then. I used a cane for about a week, but now I'm walking about 3/4 mile daily unassisted. A good doctor, a good hospital, and good physical therapy equals a great result!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Manning is outstanding! I am so pleased that my PCP (Dr. Anne Furey Schultz) recommended him. I've experienced nothing but the best in professional and medical care. My surgery to date is a success, His nursing team is awesome, and I have experienced a minimal amount of pain. I felt very comfortable going into surgery as Dr. Manning answered all my questions and concerns. He has very nice bed side manners and shows concern for his patients. He's rates 5 stars!!!!!!!
in Chicago IL |
My Father Brian had hip replaced by Dr. Manning on 7-19-17. I work for the medical profession and Dr. Manning came highly recommended from employees of Northwestern. My Father, family, and I are grateful for Dr. Manning's incredible knowledge, meticulous surgical skill, and wonderful bedside manner, & because of this the surgery and post op recovery was outstanding! We are grateful for everything that he has done, we chose the best. God has blessed him with amazing skills to help so many!
in Waukegan, IL |
Dr Manning was friendly, reassuring and helpful. Went through every step of the process with me, and devised a very god pain management plan, taking into account my inability to tolerate and narcotic pain killers.
in Chicago, IL |
Very.satisfied with the surgery. Explained.and provided film clip of procedure.
Glen Ellyn, IL |
I had a terrific experience. Dr. Manning and his entire team were great!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Manning and his team has been excellent in pre and post surgery. Dr. Manning himself is, of course, and excellent surgeon who cares for his patients. I consider myself lucky to have found and chosen Dr. Manning for my total hip replacement surgery.
in Chicago, IL |
I have been very happy with my experience with Dr. Manning and his staff. They have all been very helpful and extremely knowledgeable. Bedside manner and after care are wonderful. I will definitely recommend Dr. Manning and Northwestern to anyone who may ask.
in Chicago, IL |
I am quite happy with Dr. Manning and his team, and am pleased with the results so far. The Ortho practice seems much more organized than other NW units. The follow-up team has been excellent. My suggestion for the practice is to offer assistance to patients up front in selecting physicians/approaches, i.e., what about the anterior vrs posterior surgery;? why do some refer out patient therapy and others don't? Maybe an overview should be provided as a first step?
in Spring Lake, Michigan |
Very straightforward approach, very efficient, and excellent results. Pain eliminated immediately with a very short recovery period. My recommendation is completely without reservation at all. In fact, I'm going back to Dr. Manning to replace my other hip. You can't get a stronger recommendation than that.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Manning offers anterior hip replacement, which has many benefits. I went home the day after surgery, I had no restrictions after surgery, and I did not have to go to outpatient physical therapy. My experience may not have been typical, but I was very pleased with the outcome.
in Barrington, IL |
Dr. Manning's approach to my hip replacement was very practical, thorough and most of all methodical and efficient. There is lots of communication to prepare pre-op that has optimize my post op experience. He is a kind and patient doctor and I would highly recommend him.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Manning is an excellent surgeon and performed an excellent knee replacement on me. His bed side/talkative manner could be better as he doesn't come across as very friendly but it was the surgery that mattered.
in Kankakee, IL |
Dr. Manning is highly recommended by his fellow doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff. My husband and I were instantly impressed with his professionalism concerning my unique case. My hip replacement surgery followed with global restrictions for which I was not surprised. I am still recovering but I am happy to be with a doctor who has a care team who follows me each day. They are just a phone call away. I highly recommend this doctor. He is worth your wait to take advantage of his skills.
in La Porte, IN |
I was very pleased with Dr. Manning. He explained my hip replacement surgery very well. Told me what to expect as far as pain and any other side effects. Listened to my concerns I had and answered my questions. He and his staff were showed concern for my well being and made me feel at ease.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Manning and his team did a very thorough job of supporting my care from diagnosis to post surgery. I particularly appreciated regular information from his team which came in the form of frequent Email and checklists. This information helped me prepare my home for coming home from the hospital and managing in the early weeks after surgery.
in Chicago, IL |
After meeting Dr Manny for the first time for a second opinion I felt so comfortable and knew right away he will be the Dr. to do my total hip replacement. His technique is much more advanced. I will out a doubt will but my other hip in his hands remarkable Dr.
Valparaiso, IN |
Dr Manning and his team are the best!
in Crown Point, Infiana |
Dr Manning is straight to the point which I appreciate very much. He is very thorough and has a great staff. Very happy Dr Manning is my healthcare provider.
Chicago, IL |
Arrogant and demeaning; the man is insulting to patients.
in Bourbonnais, IL |
I first met Dr. Manning when my wife saw him for her hip and surgeries. When I knew I needed another knee replacement, he was the first doctor I thought of for this delicate surgery. His staff was most professional and caring. Similarly, Dr. Manning sets the tone for his office and staff and is equally superior to deal with in all situations. I will and have referred friends and family to him and will continue to see him as necessary.
in Franklin Park, Il |
Dr. Manning just did my second knee replacement and I cannot imagine a better physician than him and his team. The medication regime he laid out for me is the best. My pain is nearly gone and it has been only two weeks since my surgery.
Chicago, IL |
Deep level of specialty experience, explores non-surgical solutions methodically, excellent surgeon, strong supporting care team.
Elgin, IL |
Simply the best.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Manning was straight forward and clear about pre-surgery preparation, the surgery itself and post surgery PT.
Wheaton, IL |
Dr. Manning demonstrates a deep knowledge of knee replacement surgery and rehabilitation. He has broad experience in performing knee replacement surgery. He has an excellent team of professionals assisting him and he is supported by the superior resources of Northwestern Medical Hospital.
La Grange, IL |
DR Manning is excellent. He does a great job explaining what needs to be done and goes the extra mile during preparation for and recover after the procedure.
in Mount Prospect,Il |
Do You want to be touch from genius surgeon? Call Dr. David Manning! Status post total right knee replacement on October 17,2016.
in Hinsdale, IL |
I had hip replacement surgery with Dr. Manning two weeks ago today. I am amazed at how relatively easy the process was. Dr. Manning and his team were terrific. One night in the hospital and I was home. Used crutches to help balance for two days and after that, have been walking without assistance. Now up to 1.2 miles per day. Still have "tightness" in the hip from the swelling; told that could take several months to go completely away. Most importantly, no pain. Dr. Manning is a miracle worker
in Chicago, IL |
I was well prepared for what to expect prior to surgery. Any questions I had were addressed promptly by Dr. Manning or his staff. I am two weeks post-op hip replacement and have almost no discomfort. My pain was never more than a 2 out of 10. I was able to cut back on my pain medication about 10 days after surgery and with consultation with the home health nurse, hope to cut it more today.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Manning's pre and post-op education and communication was outstanding. I felt fully prepared and a real participant in the process. His artistry and pain management allowed me to have a pain level that never exceeded a 2. I didn'the need any narcotics when I went home the day after surgery. Dr. Manning earns an A++ from me, and as a former educator, I am a hard marker!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Manning's approach is kind and thorough. I recently had knee replacement surgery and have experienced no pain since being in pre-op. Three week after surgery I am pain free and walking distances without assistance. As far as I'm concerned, Dr. Manning walks on water.
in Slinger, WI |
Dr. Manning is an excellent surgeon. I had my right hip replaced Oct. 12. The consulting he provided prior to and after the surgery helped give me the confidence to excel in my recovery process. Dr. Manning has a great bedside manner and willing to stop and spend time with you to make sure all questions and concerns are addressed. Thank you!
in Chicago |
Dr. Manning is an excellent surgeon and he also has a concern for listening to the patient. I had successful Right Hip Surgery on October 03, 2016
in La Porte, IN |
Dr. Manning takes the time to answer all the questions you may have. I never have to second quests when I send any of my friends in to see him.
in Crown Point, IN |
I've had both knees replaced by Dr. Manning. Great work on both. Up and moving very quickly.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Manning is outstanding in every way I could have hoped for throughout my arthritic hip issues. I’m recovering very well and am recommending him to everyone in my ‘world' . He and his team have engaged with me at every step of the journey before, during and after my total hip replacement surgery, including outstanding skills, competencies, communication levels and daily personalized care. My total experience has far exceeded my expectations and hopes. Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. David Manning, MD?
Are you Dr. Manning?

Visit Dr. Manning

Dr. Manning accepts 12 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Advantage PPO

Hospitals where Dr. Manning has admitting privileges

Northwestern Memorial Hospital
251 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Manning at Northwestern Center for Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Spine Care

Orthopedic Specialist