Dr. David Lundin, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. David Lundin, MD

David A. Lundin, MD, received his medical degree from the University of Washington (UW) School of Medicine, where he graduated at the top of his class. He completed his internship and residency in Neurological Surgery at the UW and served as a Senior Registrar at the renowned Atkinson Morley's Hospital in London, England. He then completed a fellowship in spinal surgery at the UW with the departments of Orthopedics and Neurological Surgery followed by a Chief Residency in Neurological Surgery. He served as Director of Complex and Minimally Invasive Spine in Los Angeles for the Southern California Spine Center before joining the Valley Medical Center/UW as the Neurosurgery Medical Director of the Spine Center in 2008. Dr. Lundin specializes in all types of complex and minimally invasive spinal surgery, including non-fusion techniques such as artificial disk replacement where he a leader in the Western United States. Dr. Lundin has been widely published in numerous medical and neurology journals.

...See Less

Dr. Lundin's Care Philosophy

My philosophy is to evaluate the whole patient rather than just an isolated neurological or spinal issue and give a comprehensive treatment plan that allows for treatment options that will give you lasting relief and peace of mind.

Dr. Lundin's Experience

See how Dr. Lundin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lundin

Dr. Lundin accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Lundin is now accepting new patients
Valley Neuroscience4033 Talbot Rd S
Renton, WA 98055
(425) 656-5566Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lundin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lundin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lundin to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Lundin's Performance
in Kent, WA |
I was well taken care of. Excellent surgeon. Very good experience.
in kent, wa |
I went to see Dr. Lundin for an opinion after receiving several injections in my low back. It was a 5 maybe 10 minutes at best. We didn't even look at my MRI, so no explanation of to what the problem was. The only thing he said was basically I'm fat and need to lose weight and all my back problems would go away. If I still have issues in a year come back and see him. Not caring at all! I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to this guy.
Hello Jeff, I'm sorry you are so frustrated with your condition which I understand. Your assessment of this visit is very inaccurate (timing, lack of MRI and recommendations). Unfortunately, the current treatment for chronic back pain in patients that are severely/morbidly obese is complex, and requires a long term multidisciplinary approach rather than a "quick fix". That said please feel free to follow up with questions/concerns and we can review. Otherwise, good luck with your journey.
in Kent, WA |
Dr. Lundin is amazing. Dr. David and Yolanda throughly explained the surgery and the insurance process. They all fought the insurance company to get the surgery approved. 4 months have past with very little pain to none. His staff is the best. They went through hoops getting the FMLA paperwork to my adminstrator that was having trouble receiving faxes (system issues). An overall wonderful group of people. I fell very lucky and feel great.
in Kent, WA |
My confidence in Dr. Lundin is profound. I have and will continue to highly reccomend Dr. Lundin to family and friends in the future.
in Renton, WA |
Very prompt with appointment schedule, even saw me early. Dr. Lundin is very cordial and cares about patient well being.
in Bonney Lake, WA |
Dr Lundin has been excellent, he knew the right course of treatment and got me in and taken care in a timely and efficient manner every time I visited. I came to Dr Lundin from another provider, and there is a huge difference in helpfulness and sense of care and urgency over my condition. So glad I made the switch! 4 months after surgery, and I am doing great with no lasting symptoms of radiating pain down my leg at all anymore. Thanks Dr Lundin!
in B |
Dr Lundin and his office were great! Another surgeon wanted to fuse my neck and Dr. Lundin determined I was a candidate for an artificial disk. Now I have no pain and full movement of my neck! Thanks to him and his office staff. They were all great.
My Experience here has been nothing but exceptional. I knew I could not go on the way my neck was. My surgery experience was also exceptional. My neck feels fantastic. I highly recommend Dr Lundin and his staff!
in Seattle, WA |
I was so happy with Dr Lundin. Frankly, I was quite worried/afraid with my condition and Dr Lundin did such a nice job of being frank about options but also was compassionate about short and long term effects. He provided guidance that allowed me to make the best decision short and long term. Dr. Lundin is so knowledgeable but able to put things in terms that I understood. I am fortunate to have Dr Lundin as my provider; very confident with his guidance. (He also is just a really good guy)
in Renton, WA |
My only regret is not having surgery sooner. I'm enjoying life without pain or numbness. It's fabulous! I recommend anyone with spinal issues to see Dr. Lundin. Thank you Doctor!
in Renton WA |
You can not put a price on quality of life - Dr Lundin gave back my quality of life. I talk about the tremendous job Dr Lundin did with my surgery and I highly recommend him. Thank you!
Seattle, WA |
At initial consult, Dr Lundin introduced himself, put MRI up on the monitor, and said "this needs surgery," with no intervening discussion, exam, etc, in spite of images showing multiple potential pain sources, after which he was ready to schedule major surgery. Questioning got only brief, unilluminating responses from him. A different surgeon later did extensive testing to ID which issues were actually sources of pain, determing I needed a more extensive surgery, which ultimately helped my pain
Without any ID and specifics of your problem it is difficult to respond but I will say that we always evaluate and examine every patient we see. There are often many approaches to treating the same problem and we focus on less invasive/extensive procedures if they are available and appropriate. Medical studies show that often times more invasive/extensive procedures have higher complications and longer recovery times. Regardless, I am happy you found a surgeon you "click" with and good luck.
in Kent, WA |
Can't find enough words to say how great it is to be a patient of Dr. Lundin and his team here at VMC joint and spine center. He was the first doctor of many to understand and identify my symptoms where others just thought I was exaggerating or they were stumped by my explanation. My symptoms were greatly improved right after surgery and his team kept me very comfortable overnight. Hospitality was top notch from check-in to release the next day. I would recommend Dr. Lundin and his team to all.
Happy to hear we helped you and that you had a great experience. We pride ourselves on offering a thorough and timely evaluation in a warm and caring environment. We soon forward to seeing you soon in follow up.
in Tacoma, WA |
I thought he was arrogant,sarcastic and unprofessional. Very poor bedside manner, and even less in-depth knowledge of the most current advances in medicine. Does not care about the welfare of his patients. Office staff is dour and unfriendly. Waiting room was empty. Patients are expected to arrive thirty minutes before appointment time. Doctor leaves if you arrive even five minutes after scheduled appointment time. Traffic in the area is awful, access to the facility is difficult & confusing.
Unfortunately, the person who posted this review was never seen in our office, nor have they ever been registered in the UW system so it is difficult for me to respond to such criticism. That said, we always strive for excellence and certainly this would not be a typical experience in our office.
Have you seen Dr. David Lundin, MD?

Compare Dr. Lundin

Dr. Lundin says...

David A. Lundin, MD, received his medical degree from the University of Washington (UW) School of Medicine, where he graduated at the top of his class. He completed his internship and residency in Neurological Surgery at the UW and served as a Senior Registrar at the renowned Atkinson Morley's Hospital in London, England. He then completed a fellowship in spinal surgery at the UW with the departments of Orthopedics and Neurological Surgery followed by a Chief Residency in Neurological Surgery. He served as Director of Complex and Minimally Invasive Spine in Los Angeles for the Southern California Spine Center before joining the Valley Medical Center/UW as the Neurosurgery Medical Director of the Spine Center in 2008. Dr. Lundin specializes in all types of complex and minimally invasive spinal surgery, including non-fusion techniques such as artificial disk replacement where he a leader in the Western  United States.  Dr. Lundin has been widely published in numerous medical and neurology journals.

Dr. Lundin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lundin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

• Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society in Medicine, 1998

Dr. Lundin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lundin's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Graduated in 1994

• Other Education
    Atkinson Morley Hospital

Completed in 2003

Dr. Lundin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lundin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery