Psychiatry  |
Dr. David Love, MD
Dr. David Love, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 50 years old.

929 Gessner Rd Ste 2000

Houston, TX 77024

Learn about Dr. Love

See how frequently Dr. Love performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Love's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychiatric Evaluation

• Baylor University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Baylor College Of Med

Dr. Love has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Love does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Love and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Love's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Love to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Love's Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Love saved my life, no doubt about it. Unlike almost all doctors, he talks to me like I have a brain, explaining the ins and outs of all the meds on the table, and I make the final decision, with his counsel, of course. Even though he doesn't take my insurance and he is an hour drive away, I will continue to see him until both of us agree it is no longer necessary. Best investment I ever made.
Houston, TX |
My family member has been seeing Dr. Love for YEARS and she is just getting worse. I don't think he has done anything for her except take her money and throw pills at her that don't work. Very sad- and I think he's made her very dependent on her that we can't convince her to see someone else.
in houston |
Im so happy that I found Dr. Love!
Houston, TX |
For my last three appointments, Dr. Love has been a total of five hours late - 2 hours late for each of two appointments, and then an hour late for my most recent one. He's been unwilling to take me off one medication no matter how many times I tell him it's not working, and has been condescending about how "sensitive" I am to medications in regards to side effects. Absolutely not worth the ridiculous wait times (which he also rarely apologizes for).
Houston, TX |
Dr Love is always late. The first time I met him he was almost 2 hrs late. I told him I was upset with long wait & wish I would have been informed beforehand he was running so behind. From then he always gave me a hard time. He wouldn't take my concerns about my medication's side effects or effectiveness as my treatment seriously or switch me from them. I found him to be argumentative about my experiences. I had to stop seeing him.
in Richmond, TX |
When I called to schedule my appointment, he was booked out for 2 months. Although I was looking for something sooner, I decided based on the recommendation he was worth the wait. The day before my appointment, my 3 month old daughter was admitted to the hospital. We were not discharged until late in the evening. I called the next morning to inform them that my baby was very ill. They asked me to send over proof of hospital visit to excuse no show fee. They would not let me reschedule my appt.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Love is an excellent psychiatrist. However, he is habitually at least one hour late for appointments. . . often more. Getting the first appointment of the day does not help, as he arrives at his office late and is behind all day. Take a good book with you when you go, because you'll probably be able to finish it!!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Love is an outstanding psychiatrist. I first met him in group therapy when he was still a Baylor Psychiatry resident. It was obvious then that he had an instinct and insight into the human psyche that surpassed those of his peers. Over the years, he has seen me grow from an immature, depressed, and neurotic woman into a more mature, rational and happy woman who loves life. I consider him my best friend as well as my doctor.
Have you seen Dr. David Love, MD?
Are you Dr. Love?