Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Lionberger, MD
David R. Lionberger, MD is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon. He is also a noted specialist in arthritis and joint replacement surgery who maintains an active practice in general orthopedic surgery. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and has distinguished himself both for arthritis research and for the design and testing of innovative orthopedic implants. David R. Lionberger, MD is a lecturer and surgical instructor at symposiums throughout Europe, Asia and South America.

6560 Fannin St Ste 1016

Houston, TX 77030

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HAP Insurance
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthSmart
  • National Elevator

Learn about Dr. Lionberger

Dr. Lionberger's Experience

Dr. Lionberger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ataxia
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Brigham and Womans Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Harvard Med School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Lionberger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lionberger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lionberger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lionberger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lionberger to family and friends
Dr. Lionberger's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Lionberger performed a total knee replacement on my left knee. His advice and surgical skills are exemplary. My recovery was in line with the expectations Dr. Lionberger established. His staff is highly competent, professional and courteous.
in Houston, TX |
My experience with Dr. Lionberger, M.D. was outstanding. He did surgery on my knees resulted to me being able to participate in sports. After 12 years since my surgery I have had no problems, no discomfort at all I have recommended several patients and they also are pleased.
in Houston, TX |
Simply Wonderful! Everyone! But the Dr. is Mr. Wonderful. 1 in a million! Had the best experience, he is always concerned and Knowledgeable about condition.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Lionberger and his team have done a superb job in explaining and providing necessary information and support. I find their work outstanding.
in Houston, TX |
Hi I am so pleased to provide this feedback for you! I feel so confident and cared for when I arrive at your front desk. The x-ray dept. is amazingly fast and sooo knowledgeable and professional. And to top it off just hearing Dr. Lionbergers voice in the next room, this enthusiasm caring touch, concerning questions and absolute assurance that he can and will address my concerns is so satisfying to me. He rocks!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Lionberger and his staff are the most caring and thoughtful group in the orthopedic field that I have ever been treated by. After dealing with two other orthopedics for more than ten years with no relief of pain Dr. Lionberger knew within five minutes of my exam what the problem was and what it would take to correct the hip. The surgery was successful in the estimated two hours of anesthesia. Recovery has been easy. Best of all I have a life pain free.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Lionberger is treating me well and trying to start of conservatively. This is most appreciated.
in Houston, TX |
Very pleased with every experience. Dr.Lionberger is the best. Facilities are great.
in Houston, TX |
Dr.Lionberger is very pleasant knowledgeable and easy to understand. He proposed a very reasonable plan for improvement. I feel relieved and confident in his care.
in Houston, TX |
Attentive, thorough and professional.
in Houston, TX |
My first hip surgery in December 2015 was highly successful so I confidently scheduled the second surgery for December 2016. The comfort level was hi the staff professional and supportive. I am very pleased with final result and all the surgical and supportive skills bestowed not only on me but undoubtedly all patient at this fine institution.
in Houston, TX |
I am extremely happy with Dr. Lionberger and have referred patients to him with confidence. My knee replacement has been a surgery which has caused little pain and responded well to the physical therapist worked with me. Dr. Lionberger has a surgical procedure that keeps all the tendons, muscles,etc. in the line so that you are able to walk without any assistance and little pain so glad I chose Dr. Lionberger and the prosthesis he used in my knee! This was very important to me.
in Houston, TX |
This has been an excellent experience with Dr. Lionberger. The procedure was awesome and now can walk with very little pain. Dr. Lionberger made everything relaxing and stress free. I would recommend only him to anyone. His Staff was courteous and professional.
in Houston, TX |
Right knee is virtually pain free, Mobility is improved and fluid. Flexibility is vastly improved. Dr. Lionberger's professional expertise and ownership of my problem is over the top.
in Houston, TX |
Everyone has been very helpful and I did not feel like I was talked down to. If I had questions after the visit I can call and leave a message and my call is always returned and my questions answered. On surgery day use the Valet service you will have trouble finding your car when it is time to leave.
in Houston, TX |
Everything from the first meeting with Dr.Lionberger till today has been very good. The hospital experience was super. My walking without pain is wonderful.
Fabulous care!
in Houston, TX |
Always friendly staff and comfortable environment.
Very satisfactory experience.
Everything is good.
in Houston, TX |
Very helpful-informative had to leave before more questions were answered will ask on next visit.
in Houston, TX |
Very pleasant with all evaluations and treatments. Staff very involved with care.
in Buna, Texas |
Dr. Lionberger is an awesome doctor. My husbands knee surgery and recovery were excellent.
in Houston, TX |
Everything is handled in a very professional manner.
in Houston, TX |
Everyone was excellent. Dr.Lionberger is the best. Hugs and kisses.
Experience was Great.
in Montgomery, TX |
He is simply the very very best. He replaced my hip 17 years ago and he was awesome. Kind, professional and really cares. I must have this hip revised as it has worn out. I wanted Dr. Lionberger to do this surgery also, but my insurance won't let me us him. I'm so comfortable with him because of his experience with me and the cleanliness of Methodist Hospital in Houston. I'm having it done by a newer surgeon closer to my house. I would tell anyone who could to use this highly skilled surgeon!
in Houston, TX |
Very friendly. courteous. Helpful and Smiling. Very satisfied with everyone, got lot of respect my doctor.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Lionberger and staff are professional and friendly. Very informative and seems to care about you condition and concerns.
in Houston, TX |
Very good experience. Staff is knowledgeable and efficient. Dr. Lionberger was very good.
in Chicago, IL |
My visits here have always been efficient, timely and easy in easy out.
Professionalism.
in Angleton, TX |
My experience with Dr.Lionberger has been life changing ! Dr. Lionberger did a total knee replacement on my left knee then later did a total knee replacement on my right knee.I am totally satisfied with the results of both knees !! I absolutely recommend Dr. Lionberger to anyone experiencing knee problems and considering surgery. I can't say enough about the amazing way I was taken care of by Dr. Lionberger and his entire team / staff. Thank you all for all you've done for me ! Robert Abshire
in Houston, TX |
Always have a pleasant experience with everyone. Trust integrity of Dr. Lionberger staff-excellent.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Lionberger very helpful and knowledgeable in helping me understand my condition.
Best staff ever!!
in Houston, TX |
Intelligent P.A. Informative and Professional.
in Houston, TX |
Rosie is great Sarah was very helpful.
in Houston, TX |
Staff was friendly and responsive to all of my queations.
Good doctor and staff.
in Houston, TX |
I received apt confirmation emails for Dr. Lionberger. I would like to suggest that the doctors address, suite and phone number be included in those confirmation emails. I believe this information will make those email confirmations much more helpful and informative with the confirmation it.
in Houston, TX |
Sarah is wonderful did not feel a thing she is GREAT.
in Houston, TX |
Doctor visits are great please do not change anything Sugar Land office is convenient for myself easy to get to.
Have you seen Dr. David Lionberger, MD?
Are you Dr. Lionberger?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Texas Orthopedic Hospital

Visit Dr. Lionberger

Dr. Lionberger accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA