Dr. David Light, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 47

General Surgery

Dr. David Light, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Great Neck, NY and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Upstate Medical University in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Huntington Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. David Light, MD

NYBRA Plastic Surgery

833 Northern Blvd Ste 160 Great Neck, NY 11021

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital

• Localized Fat Deposits
  • Skin Aging
  • Wrinkles

Dr. Light accepts

Dr. Light accepts the following insurance:

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Oxford Health Plans

Dr. Light's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Light

Excellent results
I chose Dr Light because (among other techniques) he specializes in "helping women who are unsatisfied with their current reconstruction". He met all my expectations and I am no longer sad and depressed when I look in the mirror. My implant is comfortable and feels like my own body. Thank you for listening, caring, and following through with an excellent outcome. I am only one week out, but I am very pleased. The office is extremely well run and the entire staff is professional, caring, and efficient. From the first phone call to the exam room, I am very truly grateful.
Jan 30, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Deserves more than 5 stars!!!
I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the young age of 38. From the moment I met him I knew I was in the best hands. My breasts look amazing! He also has outstanding bedside manners. Morning of my double mastectomy I was cool as a cucumber because of him. He also listens to his patients and what they want and let me tell you the results are better than you have envisioned. He explains everything and is honest. In 2022 I had Dr Light perform 3 surgeries on me. My double mastectomy was my first ever surgery that was Jan 24,2022. On April 15 he did my exchange surgery and then on Oct 28 he did a revision to go a little bigger and to fix small ripples that had appeared. In March I start my 3D nipple tattoos with an amazing tattoo artist with NYBRA.
Patricia Reilly – Jan 27, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
I never thought that I would be given the diagnosis that I have breast cancer. At a time when I needed to be in the care of a doctor with extraordinary experience Dr. Light arrived. I believe that some people are called to be exactly where they are and it is no coincidence that Dr. Light became the surgeon he is. Thankfully, he crossed my path at a time when I needed just the right care. His gentle empathetic bed side manner made all the difference during some of my most challenging moments and I am forever grateful for not only his skill, but the exceptional way he regards and cares for his patients. In fact, the entire office and clinical staff should be commended for all of the lives they touch to make women and families overcome not only the restoration process but the entire diagnosis, treatment and psychological impact we go through. From the bottom of my heart, I am forever grateful.
Robin K – Feb 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Words can not describe the amazing Dr Light and his staff. Everyone in the office is is friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. Dr Light is a brilliant, compassionate, patient and extremely talented doctor. He takes the time to listen to your wants and concerns. Lays out all the options, treatments and risks with such patience and understanding. It felt like I was being treated the same way he would treat his family. I felt confident going into surgery that he was the right doctor for the job and the results validated my belief. He exceeded my expectations. He truly is an artist. I wouldnt change a thing about my experience with Dr Light. I am beyond grateful for everything he did for me .
Kristine P. – Oct 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Dr. Light and his entire office and support staff have been nothing but kind and compassionate throughout my entire experience. From my initial consult to surgery day, post-op to follow-up office visits, I am always made to feel that my care is priority and of the utmost importance. I did not "choose" to have "plastic surgery." Breast cancer chose me. There were other doctors I could have used that were closer to my home, knowing I would have many follow-ups and an additional surgery. However, I truly gained confidence in Dr. Light from the first visit and knew he was the one I could trust with my care. Everyone from scheduling, reviewing my insurance, completing work forms and billing have all held professionalism to the highest level possible. The results of my breast surgery are astounding and he takes great pride in his work. A true perfectionist. I will always be grateful for his skill, but his genuine kindness and sincere concern for my overall well-being are unmatched.
Nancy C. – Aug 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Dr. Light has such a wonderful bedside manner. I felt completely supported during my mastectomy reconstruction. Can’t praise him enough.
Aug 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
had my reconstruction surgery along with double mastectomy 1/2/20 along with it being an extremely long surgery one of my flaps do to the blood flow did not work dr light took the time to do it over again with success because he knew i did not want an implant done dr light went more than the extra mile for me which i know he would do for all his patients .Peggy Lang 5/25/21 thank you again dr light for your excellent experience with me
peggy lang – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Dr. Light performed the reconstruction after my bilateral mastectomy. I could not have been in better hands. I was home two days after surgery and out one week later. Recovery was quick and almost painless. Dr. Light was so encouraging that I knew I would feel fine and I did. After each follow-up visit I was more convinced that I had chosen the best possible surgeon. Thank you, Dr. Light
Ann D – Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
He was a amazing surgeon and I had breast removal and reconstructed new breast with my belly fat and I had no scars. Everyone was amazed how natural it looked afterwards.
KATHLEEN – Apr 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Dr. Light is an amazing plastic surgeon. I would highly recommend him. Just over three years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. My surgeon recommended Dr. Light for the reconstruction and I’m so thankful that she did. He was/is compassionate, extremely positive and a highly skilled doctor/surgeon. I am happy to say that my treatment/surgery was successful and I have never felt and looked better!!
Diane F. – Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Dr David Light is an amazing doctor. I consulted with Dr Light after being diagnosed with breast cancer for second time. I was nervous about the treatment, concerned about limited options. Dr Light offered and explained many options for treatment. I ended up getting a mastectomy and a reduction, both done flawlessly. He and his office medical staff, are compassionate, kind, respectful and extremely talented. I was blessed to find Dr Light.
Margaret F – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Six years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was given the name of Dr. Light by my breast surgeon. I knew he was going to be my doctor after my first consultation. I ultimately decided to have a double mastectomy. No easy decision, but Dr. Light was MY light in the middle of my darkness. His kind and caring demeanor were always present - at every doctor visit as well as in the hospital. It was his hand that I held right before I closed my eyes for the almost 7 hour operation. I will never, ever forget that. Although, my breasts are not the ones I was born with, they sure are pretty! Dr. Light made me laugh when he said "we turn the clock back about 10 yrs" - and he made good on that statement. I can not be more happier with my end results. I guess the best way I can describe Dr. Light as a surgeon is - he made me feel not broken - any woman who went through what I went through knows the magnitude of that statement.
Gina Stoner – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
What can one say about the doctor who has literally put you back together better than ever? Dr Light has been such an amazing blessing throughout my breast reconstruction journey. His professionalism and expertise gave me the reassurance i needed in knowing i had the best of the best in my corner. He has been so incredibly kind and compassionate throughout this journey...and dare i even say "fun". The level of standards in Dr Lights practice has been extraordinary and i can promise you, you will never regret having him as your surgeon. He will not only make you look beautiful, but when all is said and done, you will feel beautiful. I am still amazed at how incredibly talented this man is and saying thank you will never be enough for all that he's done.
Tara D – Apr 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Experiencing everything I experienced on this journey would not have been the same if I did not have Dr. Light in my corner. He is professional, caring, talented and an excellent listener! I highly and unequivocally recommend Dr. Light!
Carolyn Cole – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Dr Light is caring , gentle , compassionate and a skilled talented surgeon . When ever I had an appointment it was as if I was talking to a friend . He made me feel comfortable and confident and put up with my husbands jokes . I highly recommend Dr Light he’s amazing .
Gina – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Omg!!! What a gift from God that I fell into his caring hands!!! I’m soooo happy that I met him and he subsequently performed my surgery!!! Everyone who has seen my incision has been amazed!!! He has made this whole process, which can be challenging and emotionally draining, an absolute breeze. When you get diagnosed with cancer, life becomes uncertain, but, if you have the right care, it makes things a bit easier. Dr. Light is truly a gifted surgeon, a compassionate, caring and thorough professional!!!! 5 stars are not enough!!!
MDR – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
Class act, went out of his way to stay late for me. These are crazy times to say the least, Dr. Light is a true professional. I would recommend him to any and all.
Joseph Mele – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?
A cancer diagnosis is a very confusing and emotional time for any patient. I prayed on it. I was fortunate to be led to Dr. Light. Not only was he kind, and compassionate, but professional and his work was amazing. Imagine waking up after surgery and nurses are gathering to admire my reconstruction. It has been 3 years since my surgery and my new breast feel like a gift. I love the way i look and feel. For me, my experience with Dr. Light, his staff, his choice of hospital to perform the surgery, all top notch. I 100% recommend him.
S DAUDIER – Feb 07, 2020
Knowledgeable, attentive, thorough
Aug 15, 2019
Absolutely!!!!
Roseann Spitaleri in Atlantic Beach, NY – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Light, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Light?