Dr. David Liebelt, MD

Dr. David Liebelt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Liebelt, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Mount Pleasant, WI. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Read his story

3811 Spring St # 102

Mount Pleasant, WI 53405

Learn about Dr. Liebelt

See how frequently Dr. Liebelt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
Femur Fracture
Complications of Joint Prosthesis

Dr. Liebelt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Liebelt's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Liebelt "David A. Liebelt, M.D., Ph.D. specializes in knee and hip reconstruction and is dedicated to getting his patients back to doing the things they enjoy. Dr. Liebelt became Director of Hip and Knee Reconstruction at All Saints Hospital in Racine, Wisconsin in 2016. He earned his Bachelor in Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Northwestern University in 2001. He then attended the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in New York City. There he trained in the Medical Scientist Training Program and earned both an M.D. and a Ph.D. in Physiology and Biophysics. He stayed in New York City for his orthopaedic surgery residency training at Montefiore Medical Center and Jacobi Medical Center. Under the guidance of partners of the late John Insall, one of the pioneers of modern joint replacement, Dr. Liebelt completed his orthopaedic surgery fellowship in knee and hip reconstruction with the Insall Scott Kelly Institute at Northwell Health - Lenox Hill Hospital. Dr. Liebelt is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon licensed in the state of Wisconsin. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. He has published articles in leading peer reviewed scientific and clinical journals, has presented posters at national orthopaedic surgery conferences, and works closely with the orthopaedic surgery industry to improve devices, techniques, and clinical outcomes. He was awarded Outstanding Anatomist in his orthopaedic surgery residency. In medical school he was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, a professional medical organization that recognizes and advocates for excellence in scholarship and the highest ideals in the profession of medicine. Before Dr. Liebelt began his medical training he was valedictorian of his high school in Idaho Falls, Idaho and was an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America."

This content was provided by Dr. Liebelt "With each patient encouter Dr. Liebelt seeks to first clearly understand the problem and then spend time educating the patient about the diagnosis, the prognosis, and the treatment options. This way an educated patient and Dr. Liebelt can make treatment decisions together."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Northwestern University-McCormick Scool Of Engineering and Applied Science
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center-Orthopaedic Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Insall Scott Kelly Institute Adult Reconstruction Fellowship-North-Shore Long Island Jewish Health System
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Liebelt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Liebelt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Liebelt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Liebelt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Liebelt to family and friends
Dr. Liebelt's Performance
in RACINE |
As I write this review, I am 5 months past knee replacement surgery. My impression and experience with Dr. Liebelt are that he is or should be considered one of the best in his field in the midwest if not in the country. I believe the surgical procedure was completed in the best possible way to minimize pain and rehabilitation. As I continue to heal I am confident my knee will return to a condition that allows me to move and live as I had long before I began to have problems with the knee.
in pleasant prairie |
I can't say enough Dr. LIEBELT IS AWESOME! Double knee replacement two weeks ago, already walking with a cane and having pain only off n on at level 1. It is just amazing! waiting 20years to do surgery was so dumb. Wish I had done it sooner. Couldn't have asked for better care either.. Next double hip surgeries
in Racine, WI |
I had left hip replacement surgery with Dr. Liebelt on 7/17. I am extremely pleased with both his surgical skills and his patient interaction. Dr. Liebelt explained in detail what was going to happen, what the expected results were and what the follow-up rehab was going to be. He saw me before and after surgery and the following days during my recovery. I was totally surprised at how little pain there was after the procedure. I would recommend Dr. Liebelt for any orthopedic surgery.
in Racine, WI |
My right knee had deteriorated quickly in Nov 2016. Investigation by others led me to seek a total replacement. I researched doctors and planned to visit 2-3. I reviewed Dr. Liebelt's credentials and was impressed. After meeting him on my first visit my wife and I were further impressed and moved forward with him. Preoperative info and explanations were great. Surgery in Feb. 2017 went great. Outcome, post operative attention and promotion of therapy allowed me to get back to my interests.
Racine, WI |
Highly recommend Dr. Liebelt as your surgeon. Very caring and precise with patients. Awesome to work with.
in Racine, WI |
Dr. David Liebelt is young, very personable, smart, good looking, a great surgeon, and just a very nice guy! So lucky for me that once I got to the emergency room after my fall Dr. David was on call and did my surgery (a total hip replacement) that same day. I had never met him before. I recovered pretty fast. Even my primary doctor said my recovery was remarkable. So if you have any hip or knee issues, go for a consultation with Dr. David...you won't be sorry!
in Elkhart, IN |
Dr. Leibelt performed nothing short of a life saving procedure on me, removing a staff infected knee and replacing it with an antibiotic spacer. My age and physical condition resulted in other surgeons declining to take the risk. Dr. Liebelt is a highly skilled risk taker, who spells out explicitly how his patient's post surgical care is to be handled. He genuinely cares about his patients well being and will not tolerate others compromising his result. I am thankful he came into my life.
in Granger, IN |
I highly recommend Dr. Liebelt. I first met Dr. Liebelt in January 2016 after I suffered a severed quadriceps tendon. Dr. Liebelt was professional and thorough in his analysis of my situation. I had never undergone surgery before so I was somewhat apprehensive. The day of surgery, Dr. Liebelt took time to discuss the procedure with me. He also reviewed the expected recovery process and timeframe. The surgery and recovery went well, in less time than expected. Walking again without issue.
in Dowagiac, MI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Liebelt! I came to him for a 2nd opinion after I had a knee replacement and was still having pain after 2 years. He was great to work with, answered my questions in ways I could understand and did not rush into surgery for the 2nd time. After working with me for a year, it was determined that a 2nd surgery would be necessary to take care of the pain. I am recovery from this 2nd surgery now and I can already tell a difference!
Have you seen Dr. David Liebelt, MD?
Are you Dr. Liebelt?