Dr. David Levinsohn, MD

Adult Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. David Levinsohn, MD
Dr. David Levinsohn, MD is an adult orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Levinsohn is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Levinsohn's Care Philosophy

I try to develop an excellent rapport with all my patients so that I can understand and deliver the best possible care for each person. I am known to ease tension from time to time with a little humor. In my spare time I enjoy my family, yoga, stand up paddle boarding, rugby, and tinkering with orthopedic inventions. Orthopedic surgery is a rapidly changing specialty. I have dedicated myself to lifelong learning in order to acquire the knowledge and expertise to continue to deliver high quality orthopedic care. In 2010 I was re-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and was certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery's newly created subspecialty of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. I am proud to have trained as an orthopaedic surgeon at the University of Washington, one of the foremost orthopedic teaching programs. I am a member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the California Orthopaedic Association, and a Qualified Medical Examiner for injured workers in the State of California.

Dr. Levinsohn's Experience

See how Dr. Levinsohn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Levinsohn

Dr. Levinsohn accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Levinsohn is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Levinsohn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Levinsohn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Levinsohn to family and friends
Dr. Levinsohn's Performance
in San Diego, CA |
Let me just start by stating that Dr Levinsohn gave me my life back, and I mean that with no hyperbole. I can't possibly rate him or his staff high enough. Once I was referred to him, the entire process from diagnosis to surgery ran as if on rails. I have never felt as comfortable with a doctor, especially on such an invasive surgery, then I have with Doc Levinsohn. He has a great bedside manner while still being very honest and frank about your situation/ options.
San Diego, CA |
Dr. Levinsohn stays current with orthopedic research and uses the most up-to-date methods once he's sure it provides the best results. He is an excellent listener and fully answers all questions. Dr. Levinsohn is also a gentleman and treats each patient with respect and courtesy. It's worth mentioning that everyone on his staff are sweet-natured, attentive and excellent at their jobs. The only negative is office waiting time. Bring a book. Take a deep breath. Keep smiling. He's worth it!
in San Diego, CA |
Dr Levinsohn is one great surgeon. I'm 3-weeks post total hip replacement and am walking 1-2 miles a day, no pain to speak of, just a little swelling. Dr Levinsohn is very approachable, easy to talk to, focused and clear in his instructions. He also has a pretty good sense of humor and his manner suited me down to the ground. His back-office staff are super efficient and professional and when the front-office staff match this level of competency he'll have the perfect team.
Carlsbad, CA |
Dr. Levinsohn did an amazing job of removing hardware from my husband's hip that caused chronic pain for years. This has now relieved him of the pain that he was in after three prior surgeons would not take on this complex procedure. Thank you!
San Diego, CA |
Within the past year and a half Dr. Levinsohn has successfully completed two complete knee replacements...and the results have been great! Not only is he a great doctor..but he is a kind and caring Doctor with a great bedside manner. His staff are also helpful, courteous and efficient. i will miss seeing them...but I am so glad that my knees are better. I highly recommend this office for all of your orthopedic needs. Sincerely, Lynn minor
in Temecula, Ca |
Dr Levinsohn is the best Doctor my husband and I have had since moving to Southern California, twenty years ago. He replaced both of my knees, and my husband hip. He is extremely knowledgeable and able to identify the problem. He will try other options before opting to perform surgery. He is patient, explains everything throughly. He has a great bedside manner. We recommend him to everyone.
in Blossom Valley, CA |
Dr. Levinsohn is wonderful!! I am soooo grateful to him. He is caring, an incredibly skilled surgeon, and I know that he is firmly dedicated to his patient's well being. If any of my friends or family need orthopedic surgery, I will completely recommend Dr. Levinsohn.
in San Diego, CA |
I went to see Dr. Levinsohn for a root meniscus tear. I was very disappointed with my experience. Dr. Levinsohn barely looked at my mri and gave me misinformation regarding my injury. After reading several academic articles on root meniscus tears, I learned that his assessment that the repair had "very little chance of being successful" was simply incorrect and that it was irresponsible of him to suggest that few people could perform the surgery. One surgeon told me the surgery HAD to be done.
in Lake Elsinore, CA |
Wow! Dr. Levinsohn definitely knows what he's doing. He took the time to talk to me and answer all my questions. I really had a good experience , and i want people to know about Dr. Levinsohn's work. He is professional , and always takes the time to explain the procedure he is going to do .He makes you feel at ease and confident the second you walk through the door! I am thrilled with my results! His staff is wonderful. His work is excellent and I would highly recommend him .
in San Diego, CA |
Excellent care & information re: my procedure
San Diego, CA |
I had a frozen shoulder manipulation under sedation done by Dr. Levinsohn recently and am amazed on the results and healing process. I was only off work 3 days. The pain has been minimal, still doing shoulder stretches daily and will for a while to make sure I keep the range of motion I have and to increase it to 100%. Thank you so much Dr Levinsohn and your team
in La Mesa, CA |
Great staff! Brilliant doctor.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Levinsohn provided excellent diagnosis, surgical care, and post-surgical follow ups for my double knee replacement surgery. He is thorough, caring, and professional with great bedside manner and a dry, witty sense of humor. My recovery has been great, and I look forward to working with him through the rest of my recovery ( I'm in my 11th week of recovery). Thanks for the new knees, Dr. Levinsohn!
in Alpine, CA |
Dr. David Levinsohn completed for me both a total left knee replacement surgery 3 years ago and most recently a total right hip replacement procedure. Both times I found Dr. Levinsohn to be the ultimate professional. He was a patient centered physician. He made his decisions based on a genuine concern of what was best for me. Dr. Levinsohn relayed the information about each surgical situation and corresponding recovery process in detail. I give Dr. Levinsohn my highest personal recommendation.
in California |
I was ever so thankful to have met the Dr and his wife at mutual friends wedding not knowing that within a couple of year I'd be needing his services to replace my left hip. The process from first office visit, pre-op, surgery and now post-op can not get any better. His Staff including Betzy, Kat and Tracey took care of the details scheduling what was needed, setting up home care etc.This surgeon is dedicated and cares deeply about his patients and the care they are receiving. He is my go to.
in San Diego, CA |
Had 2 rotator cuff surgeries in 2015 and 2016. Outcomes were excellent for the right shoulder done in 2015; mobility and strength are almost normal. The left shoulder, done 4 months ago, was more severely damaged in a fall and is still in recovery. Dr. Levinsohn did an excellent job in reattaching the torn tendons.
in San Diego, CA |
Wonderfull all the way. Superior physician and surgeon. Listened, explained, beautiful bedside manner, beautiful surgery and followup care exemplary. Thank you Dr. Levinsohn.
in San Diego, Calif. |
Dr. Levinsohn performed both right and left knee replacements for me this last 4 months. I've been his patient for 10 years. He's an excellent surgeon and fine man with a great sense of humor, a strong sense of compassion, and a caring manner. His confidence is assuring. One just knows all will be well because he's a doctor who knows what he's doing! Have no doubts, I think he's wonderful.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Levinsohn completed two total hip replacements on me in the span of two and a half years. Both surgeries went extremely well. I attribute this to Dr. Levinsohn's years of experience and his drive to continue his education and othopedic skills. He answered every question I asked completely and left no stone unturned. His demenaor gave me a feeling of confidence as he is extremenly calm and always spent adequate time with me during office visits. He is a genuine and talented physician.
Have you seen Dr. David Levinsohn, MD?
Are you Dr. Levinsohn?

Compare Dr. Levinsohn

Dr. Levinsohn's Care Philosophy

I try to develop an excellent rapport with all my patients so that I can understand and deliver the best possible care for each person.  I am known to ease tension from time to time with a little humor.  In my spare time I enjoy my family, yoga, stand up paddle boarding, rugby, and tinkering with orthopedic inventions.

Orthopedic surgery is a rapidly changing specialty. I have dedicated myself to lifelong learning in order to acquire the knowledge and expertise to continue to deliver high quality orthopedic care. In 2010 I was re-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and was certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery's newly created subspecialty of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. I am proud to have trained as an orthopaedic surgeon at the University of Washington, one of the foremost orthopedic teaching programs.   I am a member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the California Orthopaedic Association, and a Qualified Medical Examiner for injured workers in the State of California.

Dr. Levinsohn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Levinsohn has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Levinsohn's Board Certifications

• Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Metatarsal Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery