Dr. David Levi, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Levi

Pain & Spine Specialist of Connecticut

67 Sand Pit Rd Ste 308 Danbury, CT 06810

Dr. David Levi, MD is an interventional pain medicine specialist in Danbury, CT and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Newark in 1995 and specializes in interventional pain medicine, pain medicine, and more.

Dr. Levi accepts

Dr. Levi accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Connecticare
Connecticare HMO
Connecticare POS
CoreSource
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
GHI PPO
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Golden Rule
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
POMCO Group
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Levi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Levi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Pain

Dr. Levi treats Chronic Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Levi treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Fibromyalgia

Dr. Levi treats Fibromyalgia more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Levi treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Deposition Disease-Related Fibromyalgia

• Spondylosis
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

David C. Levi, M.D. is a pain management specialist in Danbury CT. He works with his patients to develop treatment plans that will enable them to become functional with as little pain as possible. Dr. Levi is recognized for his work in the field of pain management and has repeatedly earned the honor of being named one of Connecticut magazine's "Top Doctors" by his peers.

• Interventional Pain Medicine

3.4

Dr. Levi?
Dr. Levi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Levi, MD
Since his office went corporate they have gone downhill. Messages are not returned, appointments and medication are wrong and if you like waiting 1-2 hours past your appointment, then this office is for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Dr. Levi is exceptionally compassionate and effective in helping me manage my chronic spinal pain. His staff including APRN Donna, are very warm and helpful. I feel like they know me and care about my issues. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
This office is terrible. I've had two MRI's and been told I have a rare condition called Tarlov Cysts. I'm in so much pain and they have yet to help me. My work is very physical and my employer had temporarily granted me light duty, asking for my doctor to come some paperwork. This office has still not completed the paperwork more than two weeks later, after dropping it off twice, multiple office visits and phone calls. My employers deadline has expired - now I have to do the work that hurts me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Dr Levi and his entire staff are wonderful! Everyone is warm and caring and go out of their way to make you comfortable. When you are in extreme pain, these are the people you can trust to offer you the best solutions for relief, with a wide array of options to suit your individual situation. I have been a patient for many years and highly recommend Dr Levi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Very good doctor. He asks and LISTENS. I used him for a different procedure about 15 years ago which solved the problem then. I highly recommend him. Tom
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
This is truly a caring team! Dr Levi is the best in my estimation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Be prepared to have at least two appointments before you will even meet Dr. Levi. You will be charged for seeing him but will see a nurse instead. Both people I brought here were told to get MRIs despite having had one a year earlier. Their conditions did not warrant repeat MRIs I was told by the next physician but they are lucrative tests. The people I brought here had two sets of injections each with no help in reduction of pain. Injections cost $1,000. Expect calls to go unanswered.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Great doctor, great staff - highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Dr. Levi understands and respects patients with chronic pain. After dealing with many doctors who either didn't understand my conditions well enough or simply didn't know how to help me, Dr. Levi took charge, explained what was going on with me, and actually helped in alleviating my debilitating pain. He's got a wonderful bedside manner and the office staff and nurses are fantastic. The longest I've waited was about 45 minutes. I've waited well over an hour in other doctors' offices.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Loved the staff. Very friendly and accommodating. Miraculous relief from my back pain (bulging discs pressing on nerve bundle...ouch)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Dr. Levi recklessly over-medicated and under-supervised my elderly mother who was prescribed oxycodone to relieve pain resulting from a pelvic fracture. A recent ER visit led to an ambulance ride to a detox facility 100 miles from her home, due to Dr. Levi having cut her oxycodone prescription from 25mg daily to 0mg, with no warning, and with no post-medication support plan of any kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Poor follow up. Coverage by on call physician is non existent...” you’re not my patient, I don’t have your history I can’t help you”. Why bother! Calls are returned after days not hours. The girls in the back run the show. Appointment schedules are ridiculous. You will wait a minimum of one hour. I was never there less than one and a half hours waiting before I got to the exam room... then waited some more.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
I met Dr. David Levi for the first time today. He absolutely had me in the palm of his hand!!! What a wonderful bedside manner and he came across as a truly sincere man who cared about my issues only at this time!!!! He explained exactly what he was going to do and what to expect. I have had many injections over the years in my spine and this is the first time that I was absolutely amazed at the procedure and the outcome. Absolutely my hero!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Dr. Levi is a brilliant, wonderful man. He is very helpful and patient, and truly cares about his patients well being. He has treated my failing spine for years and done an excellent job. It may sound strange to look forward to seeing your doctor, but I do. Brian Gruss
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
lol heres my review they call u a liar they accuse u of something u never did .they dont even give u a chance to ex plain your self they do all they do all the talking not even givng u a chance to talk.thier right your wrong. i was goung to them for years never had a problem but then suddenly they accuse you of somehing. you never even did. but do they care NO!!!! if i could i would rate it. a big fat zero!!!! so people watch your. back. elizabeth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
Because they accuse you of something That u never have done!!!!!??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
I have had to speak to patients complaining in the office. I explain there are emergencies, someone may needs injections or even an immediate procedure with Dr. Levi. I tell them I have been one of those emergency patients, more than once. It backs up the schedule quickly. He is wonderful and so worth the wait. He has helped me out so many times I cannot count! I want to mention the PA-C's and the staff they are so wonderful to me they have become like family. A happy long term patient here!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
I been with this practice for over 10yrs, when I first started here even though they would make you wait for several hours well after your scheduled appt. I still stayed because I "thought" they had actually cared about me as a patient. I found out after a 10 year relationship,no failed drug tests, complete open relationship, like I said " I Thought" then after a recent visit that this Doctor, Dr Levi Trusts No-One as I was told by staff, so it doesn't matter how honest or pass drug tests,beware
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
I was accused of doing something I did not do by Sandy. I told her I was in extreme pain. I have parkinsons plus and it effects my left side. She left the room and came back and said my drug test came back bad. She then told me to get on the table and did some stuff my neurologist does but, a lot harder. As if I was lying to her. She asked me why you never did anything about this. She said you'll see your next visit. The worst health care person I have ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Levi, MD?
His office initially did not accept me as a patient then 2 days later accepted me but refused to say why the change. they refused to let me use the Middlebury office which is local to my house saying I had to go to Danbury. They refused to accept a neurological diagnosis I have had since I was 13 which can not be ameliorated let alone cured. A junior doctor realized I had it because I knew too many important people in the field at too many hospitals not to have the problem. They wanted me gone!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Levi?

Pain & Spine Specialist of Connecticut

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Levi treats patients.

Danbury Hospital