Dr. David Larsen, MD

Dr. David Larsen, MD

Neurology  |
Male
Dr. David Larsen, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Woodridge, IL. He has been practicing for 25 years.

3351 Hobson Rd Ste A

Woodridge, IL 60517

• Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Larsen

See how frequently Dr. Larsen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
Cerebrovascular Disease
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Larsen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Larsen "www.headachemedicine.info"

• Neurology

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Leukodystrophy
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • St Joseph Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Rush University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Certified Headache Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 2012

Dr. Larsen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Larsen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Larsen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Larsen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Larsen to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Larsen's Performance
in Lisle, Il |
Arrogant, thinks his time is more valuable than anyone else's. He neglected to sign a prescription form that was faxed to pharmacy. The pharmacy requested a corrected, signed prescription. Even though it was his error, he had the nerve to charge my parents $25.00 because he had to send a 2nd fax. That is completely unethical.
Elgin, IL |
Dr. Larsen care very deeply about one thing and that is money. He charges 1,000 dollars an hour for an initial visit. He charges 25 dollars for medication refills, 50 dollars for a handicap placard, if you do not bring an updated medication list, he will cancel your appointment and charge you for your office visit. If you have an emergency and have to cancel your appointment, they will still charge you. Money is his motivation, not helping people. At least that was my experience
Elgin, IL |
Dr. Larsen is interested in one thing, and that is money. I work in the medical field and I have never seen someone practice in this way. He charged my insurance company 1,029 dollars for an initial assessment. Because I am out of network, the office charged my credit card 550.00 dollars without contacting me or offering me a payment plan. The office stated that he charged 25.00 dollars for monthly refills. I have never in all my years heard of any physician offices doing this.
in Naperville, IL |
I have been seeing this wonderful Dr. for more than 15 yrs. In 2000 Dr. Larsen immediately recognized the rare type migraine I have, that caused fainting, seizures, and a slight stroke. I will always be grateful to him as he has saved me from a major stroke. He is great in managing my meds--always considerate and responsive to my needs.
Dr. Larsen is a neurologist with a rare migraine headache speciality. He understands migraines with compassion and hard science. He grasps the complexity of migraines and asks "how many good days have you had this month?" instead of the dreaded "how many migraines have you had?"which is hard to answer because there are phases to a migraine making it not a singlular event. He is enlightened to the point of making general neurologists seem like the are still in the dark ages.
in Minooka, IL |
I am a brain trauma patient. I was referred to Dr Larsen by a very good general practitioner. Dr Larsen is extremely knowledgeable in his field and has truly given 100% to help me gain relief from chronic migraines. I am so thankful that I met him.
Dr. Larsen was the kindest doctor who helped me thru a very rare illness and never gave up on me. He advocated for me and helped me when no one else knew what to do. I am forever grateful for the long hours he put in taking my calls, seeing me in the hospital and taking care of me!
in Plainfield, IL |
Dr Larson was absolutely horrible to me during my one and only appointment. He has no "bedside manor" whatsoever. He thinks he is a much better doctor than he is. I was surprised his ego, he himself and I actually fit in his office. He actually brought me to tears during the ridicule he subjected me to. At the end of our one hour appt (which I waited an hour for) he told me to "hurry it along...I have other patients" oh and then charged me close to $1000. I've read that's all he wants anyway!!
in Chicago, IL |
I had seen Dr. Larsen for several years and he was more concerned about keeping me on daily meds that made my head feel like it was in a cloud. I never seen an improvement the entire time I was his patient. I see Dr. Cheng & she gave me BOTOX treatments, whereas Dr. Larsen said he offered the Botox treatment, but never offered it to me. He feels he's a much better doctor than he truly is. He and his staff wore perfume and cologne even though it's a known migraine trigger.
First, let me say I really like Dr. Larsen as a doctor. However, I am not pleased with being charged a cancelation fee because I called on a Wednesday, when the office is class, to cancel my Thursday appointment. Yes, they clearly state that, but it is not right. They could have waived the fee and could have reminded me of the policy. Instead, they lost a patient.
in Naperville, IL |
I came to his office because of residual problems from a head injury. I was diagnosed with a Basal Skull Fracture. He listened to nothing, and actually told me he did not want to hear what I had to say. He only asked HIS questions, so he could put me into a pigeon hole and diagnose me without listening to what problems prompted me to see a Neurologist. I am a diabetic, and he did exactly what many doctors do. He diagnosed me with neuropathy. I have been to 3 doctors who say I do NOT have that.
Have you seen Dr. David Larsen, MD?
Are you Dr. Larsen?