Dr. David Larsen, MD

Dr. David Larsen, MD

Neurology | Male

www.headachemedicine.info

Dr. David Larsen, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Woodridge, IL. He has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Larsen is affiliated with Adventist Hinsdale Hospital.

Dr. Larsen's Experience

See how Dr. Larsen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Larsen

Dr. Larsen accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Larsen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Larsen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Larsen to family and friends
    Dr. Larsen's Performance
      GOOD
    in Naperville, IL |
    I have been seeing this wonderful Dr. for more than 15 yrs. In 2000 Dr. Larsen immediately recognized the rare type migraine I have, that caused fainting, seizures, and a slight stroke. I will always be grateful to him as he has saved me from a major stroke. He is great in managing my meds--always considerate and responsive to my needs.
    in Naperville, IL |
    Larson charged my parents $25.00 to resend a fax which was necessary because HE neglected to sign a prescription. His error and he charges them?? He also charged my Mom a $50.00 cancellation fee when she was rushed to the hospital at 9:00 a.m. and could not make her 1:00 p.m. appointment that day. We pleaded with his nurse to please waive, but she wouldn't budge. Very cold. Unfortunately he had my parent's credit card on file. In retrospect, we should have disputed the charge. Ridiculous.
    Dr. Larsen is a neurologist with a rare migraine headache speciality. He understands migraines with compassion and hard science. He grasps the complexity of migraines and asks "how many good days have you had this month?" instead of the dreaded "how many migraines have you had?"which is hard to answer because there are phases to a migraine making it not a singlular event. He is enlightened to the point of making general neurologists seem like the are still in the dark ages.
    in Minooka, IL |
    I am a brain trauma patient. I was referred to Dr Larsen by a very good general practitioner. Dr Larsen is extremely knowledgeable in his field and has truly given 100% to help me gain relief from chronic migraines. I am so thankful that I met him.
    Dr. Larsen was the kindest doctor who helped me thru a very rare illness and never gave up on me. He advocated for me and helped me when no one else knew what to do. I am forever grateful for the long hours he put in taking my calls, seeing me in the hospital and taking care of me!
    in Plainfield, IL |
    Dr Larson was absolutely horrible to me during my one and only appointment. He has no "bedside manor" whatsoever. He thinks he is a much better doctor than he is. I was surprised his ego, he himself and I actually fit in his office. He actually brought me to tears during the ridicule he subjected me to. At the end of our one hour appt (which I waited an hour for) he told me to "hurry it along...I have other patients" oh and then charged me close to $1000. I've read that's all he wants anyway!!
    in Chicago, IL |
    I had seen Dr. Larsen for several years and he was more concerned about keeping me on daily meds that made my head feel like it was in a cloud. I never seen an improvement the entire time I was his patient. I see Dr. Cheng & she gave me BOTOX treatments, whereas Dr. Larsen said he offered the Botox treatment, but never offered it to me. He feels he's a much better doctor than he truly is. He and his staff wore perfume and cologne even though it's a known migraine trigger.
    First, let me say I really like Dr. Larsen as a doctor. However, I am not pleased with being charged a cancelation fee because I called on a Wednesday, when the office is class, to cancel my Thursday appointment. Yes, they clearly state that, but it is not right. They could have waived the fee and could have reminded me of the policy. Instead, they lost a patient.
    in Naperville, IL |
    I came to his office because of residual problems from a head injury. I was diagnosed with a Basal Skull Fracture. He listened to nothing, and actually told me he did not want to hear what I had to say. He only asked HIS questions, so he could put me into a pigeon hole and diagnose me without listening to what problems prompted me to see a Neurologist. I am a diabetic, and he did exactly what many doctors do. He diagnosed me with neuropathy. I have been to 3 doctors who say I do NOT have that.
    Have you seen Dr. David Larsen, MD?
    Are you Dr. Larsen?

Dr. Larsen's Care Philosophy

www.headachemedicine.info

Dr. Larsen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Larsen has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Larsen's Board Certifications

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
    • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
    • Cluster Headache
    • Leukodystrophy
    • Meningiomas
    • Menstrual Migraine
    • Movement Disorders
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Myasthenia Gravis
    • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
    • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
    • Post-Concussion Syndrome
    • Postherpetic Neuralgia
    • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
    • Rasmussen's Syndrome
    • Temporal Arteritis
    • Thrombosis
    • Tic Disorders
    • Tourette's Syndrome
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Tremor

Completed in 1996

• Other Education
      Certified Headache Medicine

Completed in 2012

Dr. Larsen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Larsen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology