Dr. David Kutler, MD

Dr. David Kutler, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |

Dr. Kutler is a well-known Otolaryngologist--Head and Neck Surgeon. His clinical expertise lies in the diagnosis and medical or surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, including salivary glands, thyroid and parathyroid, tongue, lips and oral cavity, larynx, pharynx, sinuses, skull base and skin. Dr. Kutler serves as Associate Professor of Otolaryngology at Weill Medical College of Cornell University in the Department of Otolaryngology. Dr. Kutler received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania, and his MD from Cornell University Medical College. Following a residency in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery at Northwestern University Medical Center, Dr. Kutler pursued additional fellowship training in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. He joins Weill Cornell from New York University Medical Center, where he was Assistant Professor and Chief of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the New York Harbor VA Medical Center. Dr. Kutler is a frequent speaker at national meetings and he has received grant funding for his research in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Dr. Kutler is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, the American Head and Neck Society, the New York Head and Neck Society, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the American Association for Cancer Research. He has received many honors, including the Merit Award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the Chairman's Award for Excellence in Clinical Research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

General Otolaryngology

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Kutler

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Kutler's Experience

Dr. Kutler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Weill Cornell Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Northwest Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Kutler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kutler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kutler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kutler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kutler to family and friends
Dr. Kutler's Performance
in Apalachin, NY |
Dr Kutler is an OUTSTANDING physician. You will not find anyone even as good - there are none better. He's a brilliant surgeon with outstanding bedside manor. He's down to earth and demonstrates empathy. I travel 5 hours to see him, I'd travel further if I needed to. His assistant is also outstanding - responsive and coordinates everything seemlessly.
Astoria, NY |
Dr. Kulter is one of the best, if not the best out there. He listens to the concerns of me and my family. Then he explains his diagnosis and method of treatment thoroughly. He gives both the best and worse case scenarios. He stayed with me and my family listening and answering all our questions until we were satisfied. His after surgery care is excellent
in New York, NY |
Extremely knowledgeable doctor with great badsitde manner
in Baldwin, NY |
Dr. Kutler is very caring , thorough and efficient . I would recommend him to anyone anytime!!
in New York, NY |
Dr Kutler is an excellent surgeon. He answered my questions in our first meeting and then phoned me the evening before surgery to ask if I had additional questions or concerns. He explained everything in a way that I could understand. The surgery went very well and accomplished its purpose. He is patient and kind and relaxed as well as technically highly experienced and competent. He deserves All five stars!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kutler is undeniably a skilled head and neck surgeon. Additional talents include: failure to take charge in the face of a medical crisis, lack of basic medical ethics and professionalism, failure to adequately train and supervise residents, failure to apologize after a series of catastrophic medical mistakes were committed by his "team," and allowing a resident to inform a patient of a malignant diagnosis after the patient had already been told following resection that the tumor was benign.
in New York City NY |
The most caring, attentive, thoughtful and competent doctor a patient could ever want.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Kutler is the best. Every decision he made in approaching my case was very thoughtful, considering the specifics of my situation and my life. He's been a friend and partner throughout my diagnosis, treatment and recovery, and I am so grateful to have ended up in his care.
Great doctor great staff
New York, NY |
Absolutely love Dr. Kutler. He is wonderful! Highly recommend him.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. David Kutler is an excellent doctor. He is caring, considerate and very knowledgeable. I had thyroid cancer and had to have a total thyroidectomy. He gave me his cell number to speak to him if I had any questions. He called the night before surgery to ask how I was and to see if I had any further questions. I was so very happy at that point even more for choosing him over other surgeons. Day of surgery also went well. I would definitely recommend anyone to have Dr. Kutler as their dr.
Bronx, NY |
Dr. Kutler is amazing. Everything you read in the other reviews is 1000% true - his ability to communicate, his bedside manner, his attention to detail, and his surgical skills make him exactly the kind of surgeon you would want to operate on yourself or a loved one. He is very down to earth and approachable, and makes you feel lgives you the confidence that you are in very capable hands.
Mastic, NY |
Dr Kutler is an amazing surgeon. He is very patient, informative, kind and an excellent surgeon. His staff is very professional and always helpful. I highly recommend him and Cornell Hospital.
in Lawrence, NY |
Dr Kutler is an excellent and caring Physician. I had an appointment this Wednesday. There was a lesion on my Voacal Cord. Dr. Kutler and his staff arranged for surgery on Friday. Thursday night, Dr. Kutler himself called to see if I had any questions or concerns. Friday the doctor spent time with me before surgery. I then spoke to him again in the OR. Surgery went very well and the doctor spoke to my wife right after the surgery, and me before I left to go home. Dr. Kutler exceeds his rep.
Wheeling, IL |
Very fast to respond and guide us through a unique situation in a caring and honest way. Called late in the evening after traveling because he knew we were worried. We are very grateful for his communication.
New York, NY |
Unbelievably knowledgeable and kind. A rare combination these days. He called the night before the surgery to make sure I was feeling good and if I had any questions! I have had almost a dozen surgeries and no one ever did that. He explained the procedure and my options clearly. My issue wasn't a routine one and he handled it expertly. Great staff too!
in New Hartford, NY |
Dr. Kutler is truly an exceptional, highly skilled otolaryngologist and head and neck surgeon. He removed a tumor on my parotid gland that had a significant involvement with the facial nerve, that if sacrificed could have left a considerable amount of facial dis-figuration. I expected the worse and even had a plastic surgeon on stand by if needed. After about 3 hours of surgery he came out to inform my family that he did it without having to cut the nerve! I will forever be thankful.
Dr Kutler was absolutely fantastic in a full and engaging discussion of the cancer and possibilities of surgery versus radiation in treating it. He was 100% clear and honest following exploratory surgery and next steps. Honestly cannot imagine a doctor could have this high level of communication along with his surgery skills and expertise. Extremely thankful Dr Kutler is will be my surgeon oncologist going forward with my cancer treatment.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kutler is an amazing doctor and surgeon! I had a total thyroidotomy not even 2 weeks ago and I feel almost perfect. My voice is excellent, my scarf is minimum, and I left the hospital without needing any pain medication. Dr Kutler made sure I was relaxed for the surgery (I am a mom of two small boys) and made himself available at any time for any issues resulting from surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Kutler!
Have you seen Dr. David Kutler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kutler?

• Oxford Health Plans
    Freedom Plan
    Oxford Liberty

Hospitals where Dr. Kutler has admitting privileges

More Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists like Dr. Kutler at General Otolaryngology