Dr. David Kurss, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 68

Dr. David Kurss, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Williamsville, NY. Dr. Kurss has more experience with Gynecologic Conditions than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kurss to book an appointment.

Dr. Kurss

Suburban Obstetrics and Gynecology

400 International Dr Williamsville, NY 14221

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kurss

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kurss treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kurss treats other conditions, please contact the office at (716) 688-0500.

Gynecologic Conditions

Compare with other Gynecologic Conditions specialists.

Dr. Kurss is experienced in the area of Gynecologic Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound
  • Intrauterine Device (IUD) Placement
  • Intrauterine Device (IUD) Removal
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Ovarian Genetic Testing
  • Pap Smear
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Vaginal Prolapse
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Kurss accepts

Dr. Kurss accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Universal American

Dr. Kurss' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kurss

Dr. Kurss?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (74)
  • Listened & answered questions (73)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (72)
  • Long wait times (10)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
Dr Kurss is beyond the absolute BEST Doctor!! My daughter had her 1st appointment with a gynecologist and he also may I add he delivered her almost 20 years ago. He is so very kind and made her feel so comfortable. She left there saying “Mom I wasn’t even nervous” He made her laugh and was so sweet. I can understand why he is well known not just in this area but in so many other areas for his knowledge to help and teach others. My hope is for more Doctors become like Dr Kurss. May God continue to Bless this man and A huge Thank you Dr Kurss for being such a wonderful Doctor. It’s an honor to have had you deliver my daughter years ago and even more of an honor for her to know what the true meaning of a good honest Doctor is!!
Andrea S – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
My pregnancy was difficult and required a pre-planned C-section. Shortly before my due date, he told me he had a conference to go to and wouldn't be around to deliver my baby. He transferred me to a colleague to handle the delivery. Imagine my shock and horror at having a total stranger deliver my baby! Kurss must have registered for the conference months before my due date and he knew full well that he wouldn't be available to deliver my baby. Had he cared about my feelings, he would have told me about his plans far in advance so that I could transfer my care to an OB/GYN who would be available to deliver my baby. Also, his colleague was hideous, unprofessional and did a very poor C-section—I suffered for a year due to complications related to his colleagues' poor surgical skills.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is an amazing physician who cares deeply about each and every one of his patients, and it is evident during your visit. He takes the time during each visit to not only do a pap smear but to cover every aspect of female health and risks. Because of this, he has found many cancers on people that otherwise would've had no idea. Can't wait to read his book when it comes out! Will be a great addition for patients to read to further understand the GYN visit, as well as providers.
  • Long wait times
Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is an amazing physician, and I would recommend him to women of all ages! He truly cares for his patients with his whole heart. In addition, he can make any woman comfortable through his calm demeanor, caring attitude, and stellar sense of humor. Dr. Kurss takes special interest in family history and genetics when assessing the risk of gynecologic cancers, which makes him unique. Additionally, he is incredibly thorough with his physical exam and patient education. He also offers many in-office procedures to avoid unnecessary hospital visits. Dr. Kurss truly goes above and beyond for his patients. You will not find a better Ob/Gyn than Dr. Kurss!
Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I was a student with Dr. Kurss, and I can say truly that he is one of the best doctors I know. He is both caring and knowledgeable about his field. I was able to witness him both in clinic and OR, and am in awe of how intelligent, meticulous, and empathetic he is. He is extremely vigilant and fights on behalf of all his patients. In the OR, I was able to see him do laparoscopic hysterectomies, and he always makes sure his patients are comfortable, and is very precise in his techniques. He is trustworthy, kind and humorous, which is why his patients love him! Overall, I would send any of my family members to Dr. Kurss!
Feb 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is an awesome OBGYN who truly cares for his patients. He takes his time with each patient, and he makes sure that any complaint, no matter how small, is thoroughly explored in order to get to the source. He treats his patients more like friends and creates as comfortable of an environment as possible. Dr. Kurss is also very thorough with screening for cervical/breast/ovarian/etc cancers, and makes sure that every patient has confidence in their care. I was able to work with Dr. Kurss for a few weeks as his student, and he cared so much about teaching myself and other students everything that he's learned from his 30+ years of practicing as an OBGYN. He also was able to show us a few surgeries (with patient permission) that were amazing opportunities to learn from as Dr. Kurss had awesome technique to learn from. Overall, any patient would be lucky to be treated by him.
Jan 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
5 stars is low-balling Dr. Kurss. He deserves 500! Dr. Kurss is a phenomenal doctor who genuinely cares about all of his patients and their needs. He always goes out of his way to make sure the patient feels comfortable, and he takes the time to get to know them and their wants/needs. He is very meticulous, knowledgeable, and dedicated, and you will never leave his office second-guessing anything because he covers all bases. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Kurss and definitely recommend him to anyone who is in need of a gynecologist.
Kelsey K. – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I was a student with Dr. Kurss and can’t say enough good things about him. Dr. Kurss taught me to not just stick to the status quo, but to go above and beyond for my patients. He taught me to always be vigilant in searching for any signs of pathology. I would recommend Dr. Kurss to all my family and friends because I truly believe the care he provides is unmatched. He brings humor and kindness into his GYN visits which make patients feel so comfortable and welcome. I will be sending my mom Dr. Kurss’ way because I believe his post menopausal care is the best in WNY, and he is very careful to make sure Pap smears, mammograms, and pelvic sonograms are up to date. His attention to health maintenance could be potentially life saving. I would rate him 100/10 if I could :)
Andrea D – Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Kurss since I was 17. He has allowed me FULL autonomy of my reproductive path, saved my life with ongoing care for 20+ years & a lifesaving hysterectomy after careful consideration and monitoring of my care. He is always mindful of a holistic approach to my care as a person with lupus. He genuinely cares beyong just my gynecological health. He inquires about my mental well being every visit. I've never felt more comofortable to be totally honest about all aspects of my health with him. Dr Kurss is sincerely the gold standard of care I look for in providers. I've recommended so many acquaintances and friends to him over almost 25 yrs I've been his patient. I've seen so many specialists over the last 7 years since my lupus diagnosis and he is truly a gem among all of my providers. And his nurses and PAs are absolutely wonderful every time I see them as well, which is rare because I almost always see him!
Lanie K. – Nov 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Have gone to Dr. Kurss for years. My adult daughter also.Have high risk family history.He is very thorough. It gives me confidence in my care.He is easy to talk to,that means a great deal to me with my health concerns. I drive a very long way to see him. Well worth the drive!!!!!
Elizabeth – Oct 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I was a student of Dr. Kurss and can quite honestly say that he is one of the best doctors I’ve ever come across. He genuinely cares so much for his patients and has such a passion for the gynecology field. He is personable, kind, funny, and extremely intelligent. He is also meticulous and never misses a thing! In fact, he spends hours rechecking charts after his work day is done to make sure he doesn’t miss anything. After spending a month with Dr. Kurss, I have recommended his name to many people and will also recommend his name to future patients of mine as I know that the care he provides is nothing but exceptional. If you’re considering Dr. Kurss to be your gynecologist, you will be in great hands!
Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I went to Dr. Kurss for a second opinion and decided to have him do the surgery. I'm doing well post-surgery. I'm staying with Dr. Kurss as my gynecology physician. I highly recommend him and I'm glad that I made the switch from my former GYN doctor.
Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kurss for 30 years. He delivered my son 29 years ago, and has taken care of all things female since that time. I have the utmost respect and confidence in him, his judgement, his advice, his procedures, etc. However, JUST AS IMPORTANT, is his is warmth, humor, care and genuine concern. He is amazing in his ability to multi-task, and I find him to be the quickest, most diverse thinker ever. He can instruct students on intricate procedures while sharing a family anecdote while issuing referrals and discussing nutrition and exercise. And that is in the first 5 minutes! I was lucky to be referred to him by a trusted friend, and have in turn referred him to family and friends. He is the best!
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss was my preceptor for my Women’s Health clinical rotation in PA school. Not only did Dr. Kurss teach me everything I needed to know about OB/GYN, but he also taught me so much about life. His genuine relationships with his patients was evident day in and day out and is something I aspire to have when I become a provider. I will forever be grateful to have learned so much from such a wonderful man, and I wish all of my doctors were like him! Any patient would be lucky to have him as their Doctor.
Jul 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is a gem! Not only does he make you feel completely at ease with his sense of humor and wit, he is also professional, kind, has an excellent bedside manner and rapport with his patients and is very knowledgable. It is so refreshing to visit a doctor who has all of these traits and more. Dr. Kurss truly listens to your medical concerns and offers treatment plans and options. I am so pleased and grateful that I found him after switching from another ob/gyn practice that I had went to for over 20 years. He addressed my medical issue after years of just "dealing with it" and treated it with success. If you are looking for a doctor that is compassionate, funny, kind hearted and very knowledgable and thorough, then look no further. He's it! : )
Donna B – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. David Kurss is a very intelligent, caring, well rounded, and patient practitioner. He listens and truly cares about each and every one of his patients - he goes above and beyond to help people. I highly recommend him as a GYN.
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss has been my physician for over twenty-five years. He has always treated me with respect, kindness and patience. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and Dr. Kurss performed surgery which resulted in a positive result. Dr. Kurss delivered all three of my children. Later in my life I needed a procedure called a Hysteroscopy. Thankfully, Dr. Kurss performs this surgical procedure at his office in his medical suite. Dr. Kurss and his staff were very patient about explaining everything to me and the entire procedure went very well. In fact, now with time to think about it, I am glad I had the Hysteroscopy at his office and not in a hospital which would have been so much more complicated and time consuming for me. I want to say that Dr. Kurss is one of the most compassionate and professional physicians I have have ever known. He is a dedicated doctor who truly cares about his patients.
May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
He is very professional and listens and answers all my questions!
Sandra Suchyna – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss has been my doctor since my son was born, 28 years ago. I wouldn’t trust any other doctor. He is so thorough, caring and knowledgeable. I have been so fortunate to have found him so many years ago.
Sally – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. David Kurss is wonderful doctor, very knowledgeable and patient. I recently underwent a robot assisted laparoscopic surgery. How I wish I had found him years ago! He took a good amount of time to explain what he was going to do, and why he was doing it. My recovery has been uneventful, I believe, due to his experience. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have always been seen w/in 15 minutes of my scheduled appointment time. I would highly recommend him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Emily – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kurss?

I am here to provide the most up to date approach to a myriad of gynecological conditions in a compassionate, empathetic, conservative and comprehensive...Read more

Through energetic hard-work and devotion, I've developed a practice known for comprehensive,

innovative, thorough, skillful, and compassionate...

• Obstetrics & Gynecology