Dr. David Kurss, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 69

Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. David Kurss, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Williamsville, NY and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kurss has extensive experience in Gynecologic Conditions. He graduated from SUNY Buffalo Affil Hosps medical school in 1982. He is affiliated with Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. David Kurss, MD

Suburban Obstetrics and Gynecology

400 International Dr Williamsville, NY 14221

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kurss

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kurss treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kurss treats other conditions, please contact the office at (716) 688-0500.

Gynecologic Conditions

Compare with other Gynecologic Conditions specialists.

Dr. Kurss is experienced in the area of Gynecologic Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

• Cervicitis
  • Chlamydia Infection Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound
  • Mammography
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause Evaluation and Treatment
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Phenylketonuria Screening
  • Pregnancy Non-Stress Test
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Kurss accepts

Dr. Kurss accepts the following insurance:

Select

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kurss

90.19607843137256%

Dr. Kurss

Annual Exam
Annual Exam - Dr. Kurss always thorough and very caring!
Susan Corrigan – May 20, 2022
Awesome
I have been with Dr Kurss for at least 27 years as he delivered my daughter that long ago. I have continued to follow him as he is a wonderful doctor with a great bed side manner.
Cheryl F. DiChristopher-Trapper – May 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I trust this doctor and that is saying a lot in today’s world of medical care. I am a long-standing patient.
Dec 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Last week I visited Dr. Kurss' office for a routine exam. At that time, his entire staff cared for me with kindness and respect. As always, Dr. Kurss treated me with professionalism and gentleness. After explaining how he planned to proceed with the examination, I felt at ease and confident that he truly cared about me as his patient. Moreover, being a senior citizen, it was refreshing to be treated with dignity. Hopefully, Dr. Kurss will continue to be my doctor for many more years.
LINDA A. ZIMMERMAN – Dec 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
My GYN retired and I was looking for a new one. A nurse at my primary care provider suggested Dr Kurss. I met with him today and immediately felt comfortable. Kind, responsive, knowledgeable and there was minimal wait time to see him. I could not have asked for a better referral. I found my new GYN.
Kay – Nov 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I'm a patient of Dr. Kurss for over 25 years. He is informative and persistent. Initial pathologies from a few procedures concerned Dr. Kurss. Dr. Kurss also was concerned by visuals from the procedure. We discussed options with which my Primary Dr. disagreed. My Primary Dr. was wrong! Dr. Kurss was amazing and fought for me to receive the surgery I needed. Dr. Kurss was correct in that pathologies from surgery showed Pre-Cancer. Glad Dr. Kurss looked out for my well being!
Kathy S. – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
This was my first time ever visiting a gynecologist, and I’d been extremely nervous especially because I was also suspecting I may have vaginismus. Dr. Kurss and Samantha (his student assistant, I believe) were so, so kind and helpful, taking the time to patiently go over any questions and concerns I had. I felt very comfortable knowing I was in good hands. Dr. Kurss is not only knowledgeable but friendly and funny as well which is so important for patients such as myself who get so anxious before visiting a gynecologist.
H – Nov 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I was told by Dr.Kurss that I was fifty and it was time for a hysterectomy when I had absolutely no reason to have one. I flat out told him "no" and he just moved along in the appointment. I was premenopausal and had some heavy bleeding that was not life altering. I gave him one more appointment after this one and I was left waiting naked with a gown on on an incredibly uncomfortable odd table for over an hour and a half. I heard lots of conversations he was having in the hall, I finally got dressed and walked out to the desk to find him laughing and joking with a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep and his staff. I said "it sounds like you're having a good time but leaving me waiting for over an hour and a half is ridiculous." He laughed and said "I didn't know you were waiting." Done. Never again. My new Doctor was incredulous that I was told to have a hysterectomy because there was no reason for one. Dr. Kurss is very good at self promotion, doing seminars and marketing himself.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss has been my OB/GYN for over 25 yrs. He is extremely knowledgeable. He educates as he does each procedure and explains in language you understand. Dr. Kurss is friendly and compassionate with a great sense of humor. I highly recommend him.
Lynn Liaros – Aug 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr Kurss gave me my life back after dealing with what had been mis-diagnosed by another dr. as a yeast infection that went on for 3-4 months. I had terrible discomfort and pain. He patiently listened to me and made a proper diagnoses and treatment corrected my problem within a couple of weeks.
Darlene – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
My first visit today; had and outstanding experience with Dr. Kurss and his team. They spent considerable time with me and the physical examination was the most thorough of my adult life (I am 61 yo). He listened attentively and really understood my concerns, addressing each issue with tangible solutions. Looking forward to a long relationship.
SKM – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr Kurss is the best! He takes time with you and is very thorough. He has your whole body’s health in mind offering advice and solutions for a variety of concerns or issues. He keeps very good records of his patients and makes sure all your routine check ups are on time. I have been a patient for many years and highly recommend him.
Linda D'Agostino – Jun 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is very professional. He took his time, listened to my history, and he was very engaged during the entire visit. He answer all my questions. He is also helping me manage my menopause symptoms.
Michelle – May 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr Kurss is beyond the absolute BEST Doctor!! My daughter had her 1st appointment with a gynecologist and he also may I add he delivered her almost 20 years ago. He is so very kind and made her feel so comfortable. She left there saying “Mom I wasn’t even nervous” He made her laugh and was so sweet. I can understand why he is well known not just in this area but in so many other areas for his knowledge to help and teach others. My hope is for more Doctors become like Dr Kurss. May God continue to Bless this man and A huge Thank you Dr Kurss for being such a wonderful Doctor. It’s an honor to have had you deliver my daughter years ago and even more of an honor for her to know what the true meaning of a good honest Doctor is!!
Andrea S – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
My pregnancy was difficult and required a pre-planned C-section. Shortly before my due date, he told me he had a conference to go to and wouldn't be around to deliver my baby. He transferred me to a colleague to handle the delivery. Imagine my shock and horror at having a total stranger deliver my baby! Kurss must have registered for the conference months before my due date and he knew full well that he wouldn't be available to deliver my baby. Had he cared about my feelings, he would have told me about his plans far in advance so that I could transfer my care to an OB/GYN who would be available to deliver my baby. Also, his colleague was hideous, unprofessional and did a very poor C-section—I suffered for a year due to complications related to his colleagues' poor surgical skills.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is an amazing physician who cares deeply about each and every one of his patients, and it is evident during your visit. He takes the time during each visit to not only do a pap smear but to cover every aspect of female health and risks. Because of this, he has found many cancers on people that otherwise would've had no idea. Can't wait to read his book when it comes out! Will be a great addition for patients to read to further understand the GYN visit, as well as providers.
  • Long wait times
Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is an amazing physician, and I would recommend him to women of all ages! He truly cares for his patients with his whole heart. In addition, he can make any woman comfortable through his calm demeanor, caring attitude, and stellar sense of humor. Dr. Kurss takes special interest in family history and genetics when assessing the risk of gynecologic cancers, which makes him unique. Additionally, he is incredibly thorough with his physical exam and patient education. He also offers many in-office procedures to avoid unnecessary hospital visits. Dr. Kurss truly goes above and beyond for his patients. You will not find a better Ob/Gyn than Dr. Kurss!
Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I was a student with Dr. Kurss, and I can say truly that he is one of the best doctors I know. He is both caring and knowledgeable about his field. I was able to witness him both in clinic and OR, and am in awe of how intelligent, meticulous, and empathetic he is. He is extremely vigilant and fights on behalf of all his patients. In the OR, I was able to see him do laparoscopic hysterectomies, and he always makes sure his patients are comfortable, and is very precise in his techniques. He is trustworthy, kind and humorous, which is why his patients love him! Overall, I would send any of my family members to Dr. Kurss!
Feb 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is an awesome OBGYN who truly cares for his patients. He takes his time with each patient, and he makes sure that any complaint, no matter how small, is thoroughly explored in order to get to the source. He treats his patients more like friends and creates as comfortable of an environment as possible. Dr. Kurss is also very thorough with screening for cervical/breast/ovarian/etc cancers, and makes sure that every patient has confidence in their care. I was able to work with Dr. Kurss for a few weeks as his student, and he cared so much about teaching myself and other students everything that he's learned from his 30+ years of practicing as an OBGYN. He also was able to show us a few surgeries (with patient permission) that were amazing opportunities to learn from as Dr. Kurss had awesome technique to learn from. Overall, any patient would be lucky to be treated by him.
Jan 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
5 stars is low-balling Dr. Kurss. He deserves 500! Dr. Kurss is a phenomenal doctor who genuinely cares about all of his patients and their needs. He always goes out of his way to make sure the patient feels comfortable, and he takes the time to get to know them and their wants/needs. He is very meticulous, knowledgeable, and dedicated, and you will never leave his office second-guessing anything because he covers all bases. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Kurss and definitely recommend him to anyone who is in need of a gynecologist.
Kelsey K. – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kurss?