Dr. David Kurss, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Male • Age 67

Dr. Kurss

Suburban Obstetrics and Gynecology

100 College Pkwy Ste 120 Williamsville, NY 14221

Dr. David Kurss, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Williamsville, NY and has been practicing for 34 years. He specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Obstetricians & Gynecologists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Kurss accepts

Dr. Kurss accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

• Cervicitis
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound
  • Intrauterine Device (IUD) Removal
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. David Kurss, MD...

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Kurss' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kurss

Dr. Kurss?
Dr. Kurss' Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Kurss, MD
Dr. David Kurss is a very intelligent, caring, well rounded, and patient practitioner. He listens and truly cares about each and every one of his patients - he goes above and beyond to help people. I highly recommend him as a GYN.
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss has been my physician for over twenty-five years. He has always treated me with respect, kindness and patience. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and Dr. Kurss performed surgery which resulted in a positive result. Dr. Kurss delivered all three of my children. Later in my life I needed a procedure called a Hysteroscopy. Thankfully, Dr. Kurss performs this surgical procedure at his office in his medical suite. Dr. Kurss and his staff were very patient about explaining everything to me and the entire procedure went very well. In fact, now with time to think about it, I am glad I had the Hysteroscopy at his office and not in a hospital which would have been so much more complicated and time consuming for me. I want to say that Dr. Kurss is one of the most compassionate and professional physicians I have have ever known. He is a dedicated doctor who truly cares about his patients.
May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
He is very professional and listens and answers all my questions!
Sandra Suchyna – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss has been my doctor since my son was born, 28 years ago. I wouldn’t trust any other doctor. He is so thorough, caring and knowledgeable. I have been so fortunate to have found him so many years ago.
Sally – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. David Kurss is wonderful doctor, very knowledgeable and patient. I recently underwent a robot assisted laparoscopic surgery. How I wish I had found him years ago! He took a good amount of time to explain what he was going to do, and why he was doing it. My recovery has been uneventful, I believe, due to his experience. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have always been seen w/in 15 minutes of my scheduled appointment time. I would highly recommend him.
Emily – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I recently had a clinical rotation with Dr. Kurss and wanted to share my thoughts about him as a healthcare provider. Dr. Kurss ALWAYS put his patients first. He never saw the patients as just another part of his schedule. He truly was there to care for them and provide the best standard of care. It was very evident that Dr. Kurss had developed strong relationships with his patients and they trusted his medical advice. He also gave every effort to ensure each patient was comfortable with his exam and discussing their gynecological issues, which can often be an uncomfortable or embarrassing subject to talk about. Overall, Dr. Kurss was both compassionate towards his patients and knowledgeable about the field of women's health which are two important qualities when choosing a gynecologist.
Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I initially went to Dr. Kurss in November 2018, to discuss how to correct my uterus which had dropped significantly. He explained my options and why a pessary would not be the best choice in my situation. With his guidance, and after reviewing the test results, I had a partial hysterectomy. My surgery and recovery went extremely smoothly, especially for an 80 year old. I was back to my routine within 2 weeks. Further testing revealed stage 1 cancer in the uterus, which, without his encouragement, I would not even know about, and still have to deal with. I feel blessed to have him as my doctor.
Marian – Dec 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss has taken care of me and my daughter for years. I would not trust our health to anyone else. Plus, he is on the cutting edge in his field and is an unmatched advocate for women’s overall health and wellness. He has been able to fit us in in for urgent needs, never seems rushed explaining the pros and cons of treatments for all age spans, yet runs an efficient, top-notch practice — ever mindful of his patients busy lives. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Kurss’ persistence and pleas when I was young and fairly paralyzed in fear with a breast cancer scare! He saved me!
Marmie H. – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is amazing! I receive great care at his office and he is a joy to be around.
Aug 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I had the pleasure of following Dr.Kurss as a student and throughout the month I spent with him I saw what a kind, compassionate, and intelligent doctor he is. He takes the time to talk with each patient individually, both on a medical and personal level, which can be rare nowadays. He is an extremely knowledgeable man when it comes to both traditional and holistic medical approaches. His personality and genuine love for what he does makes him a provider any patient would be lucky to have. I would recommend him for all of my friends and family!
Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Kurss’s for a long time. He really cares about the patients at his office and I trust his sound judgement. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends!
Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I am a student who has shadowed Dr. Kurss both in the O.R. and at his office for several weeks. He is someone who is very meticulous and thorough with all of his patients, ensuring that he has covered all bases and that they are receiving the best possible care. To say the least, he is a kind, compassionate, and extraordinary person who is an expert in his craft, often going above and beyond for his patients. Through his beautiful personality, Dr. Kurss never fails to brighten everyone’s day. He is a gem in his field. I would highly recommend Dr. Kurss to anyone!
Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Kurss! Just the sweetest person -- Almost all of the women in my family are under his care and I’m always very satisfied with my visits to his office.
Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I was a student of Dr. Kurss for approximately 1 month and the care that he gives to his patients his exceptional. He always spends his time with every single patient and makes sure that they have every question answered before they leave. He knows how to make people at ease and comfortable in their visit with his great sense of humor. I would recommend Dr. Kurss to family and friends!
Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Truly a great doctor! I see him annually and as needed, and his care is nothing short of top of the line. Highly recommend Dr. Kurss not only for his expertise, but also for always keeping a smile on my face with his warm personality and humor.
J.B. – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Kurss' for over ten years and he recently performed my hysterectomy. His ability to put his patients at ease is incredible and his passion for what he does is not something that goes unnoticed. The surgery went great, and I am grateful to have been treated by such a genuine and knowledgable provider!
Carol M. – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr Kurss for 20 years. He was the first male doctor that I had ever visited. He immediately put me at ease and was respectful of the fact that I am and always have been incredibly uncomfortable and anxious before and during pelvic exams. Over the past 20 years I have become less uncomfortable and anxious, thanks in great part to Dr Kurss. In addition, When I recently lost my husband, my family members were concerned about my well-being and they reached out to Dr Kurss. Thankfully he was able to see me that day. He listened to what was happening, asked questions and decided on a plan to help me successfully get through the days that followed. He continues to follow up and make sure that I am doing well to this day. I cannot express enough how thankful I am that he was there for me. Dr. Kurss really goes above and beyond for his patients and I will be forever grateful for that.
Kelly S. – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kurss for 15+ years. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and trustworthy. He truly cares about his patients and their overall well-being. I highly recommend him!
Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Kurss for over 25 years. He delivered my daughter. He is very knowledgeable, thorough, kind, friendly, gentle and trustworthy. I have had in office procedures done and he is very competent. I highly recommend him.
Cameron in Williamsville, NY – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss has taken care of me for 20 years and I trust him implicitly. He takes the time to listen to me and he pays attention to what's on my mind. I am healthier because of his care.
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kurss?

I am here to provide the most up to date approach to a myriad of gynecological conditions in a compassionate, empathetic, conservative and comprehensive manner. I truly care for my patients, many of whom have been under my care for more than 25 years. I greatly look forward to assisting you with your woman's health concerns.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology