Dr. David Kurss, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Kurss

Dr. David Kurss, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Williamsville, NY and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from U Of Buffalo SUNY Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci in 1982 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kurss accepts

Dr. Kurss accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company

• Chlamydia Infections
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Diagnostic Ultrasound
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Leiomyoma
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

I am here to provide the most up to date approach to a myriad of gynecological conditions in a compassionate, empathetic, conservative and comprehensive manner. I truly care for my patients, many of whom have been under my care for more than 25 years. I greatly look forward to assisting you with your woman's health concerns.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kurss

Dr. Kurss?
Dr. Kurss' Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Kurss, MD
I have been a patient of Dr Kurss for 20+ years. I have always found him to be extremely caring and genuinely concerned about me and my family history of ovarian, breast and pancreatic cancers. He is up to date on his research and advocates on your behalf with the insurance company when necessary. I see him every six months and he is extremely thorough on every visit. Dr. Kurss is usually on time for my appointments and I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kurss for approx. 20 years and have found him to be an attentive listener and a caring physician. Of late, he supported and counseled me regarding genetic testing upon learning of the illness of my father. Had he not inquired about family history, I might not have connected the dots to learn of my BRCA-2 mutation. Due to his concern, he removed my ovaries to prevent ovarian cancer and holds me to a proactive regiment of office visits, mammos, and breast MRIs to monitor breast cancer as I consider other preventative measures. He also reminds me that pancreatic and skin cancers are associated with the mutation so be vigilant with my skin care and dermatology visits. Agreed, time management is not his strongest suit, but given his move to 400 International Dr., I am hoping the organization will be more respectful of a patient's time when scheduling.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is a nice man, but I am not confident in the care he provides. He is *always* at least an hour behind schedule, leading to excessive wait times. Some would say this is because he cares for his patients, but this demonstrates a lack of care as well. I think he schedules extraneous appts-for example, I’ve had to make appts to go over test results instead of a phone call-and then I get billed for a 5 min talk I waited an hour for. He has 6 mo apts for med refills which is unnecessary.
In office appointments are necessary to allow the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I heard Dr. Kurss speak 20 yrs ago & then became his patient. He is open and knowledgeable about holistic options & also up to date on the latest medical research. He answers questions & gives alot of info @ an appt. He's friendly & compassionate. Once I arrived @ appt. stressed b/c my electric had been shut off. I pd. the bill immediately, but service was not to be restored til the following day, unless "medical emergency." Dr. Kurss called & service was restored. Forever grateful - he's kind!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kurss for almost 30 years he delivered my daughter 25 years ago. He is professional compassionate and friendly. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family, the level of care is exceptional
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
He delivered my daughter 17 years ago and has the best bedside manners as he does today. I have never seen a Dr with so much care for his patients. Excellent Dr for sure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kurss for 20 years. He is very meticulous and compassionate with his patients. He goes above and beyond and makes you feel extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend Dr. Kurss for the best possible care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I'd like to express my deep appreciation for the knowledgeable, comprehensive and sympathetic care I have recieved as a long time patient of Dr. Kurss. Dr. Kurss is always thorough, thoughtful and helpful. He definitely goes the extra mile to assist patients with a wide variety of problems and concerns. I am very grateful to have him as my ob/gyn .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr Kurss..has great bed side manners and takes his time with each and every patient. I would recommend him to Family & Friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kurss for over 25 years. He listens to you and takes his time with you during your visit. He does not rush you out of the office to see the next patient. He has a great sense of humor and truly cares for his patients and is a very compassionate person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
super down to earth doctor who knows his stuff but also has a great sense of humor to make you feel comfortable. he was the first male obgyn i have gone to- totally wonderful experience. i would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kurss since moving to the Buffalo area in 1990. I was very lucky to have been referred to him by a coworker. Dr. Kurss is extremely knowledgeable and caring. With my family history he has always been proactive about my care and takes the time to answer all of my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I did not favor a male Doctor, but while searching the internet I found these reviews and knew I would be lucky to be under Dr. Kurss's care. Dr.Kurss does a thorough exam. It was as comfortable as those examinations can be. During my 1st appointment Dr.Kurss found reasons to suspect I may have a thyroid issue. He wrote me a prescription for blood work and now I am getting treatment for my hypothyroidism and my well being has dramatically improved! Thank you Dr.Kurss.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is a very compassionate man and personable which makes him a wonderful doctor. He always makes me feel comfortable with any questions or concerns I may have. He provides a thorough explanation and always provides positive reinforcement. He not only cares about his patients, but also displays empathy for our loved ones and that means a lot.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been rotating as a student with Dr. Kurss for three months and the care he provides his patients is unparalleled. He is so compassionate and really spends time getting to know his patients and alleviating their concerns and worries. He is not only a caring doctor, but he is also very knowledgeable and up to date with new medications and less invasive procedures to provide the best care possible for his patients. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Kurss to my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Dr. Kurss is THE BEST! He is thorough, caring, ahead of his curve, caring, compassionate. He creates a wonderful atmosphere with his funny, warm friendly bedside manner. What a blessing to have found Dr. Kurss over 20 plus years ago..experiencing surgeries where he is there 100% of the walk with you. THE BEST DOCTOR WHO CARES AND IS APPROACHABLE AND KNOWLEDGABLE AND HELPFUL and WARM HEARTED..HE puts one at ease !! He is so up to date on the best that the medical field can offer a patient. BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Kurss for over 25 years. Besides safely delivering both my boys, performing my hysterectomy and helping me cope with menopause, he potentially saved my life. During a routine office visit he found a suspicious lump in my breast that turned out to be cancerous. (This was 3 months after I had a mammogram) Dr. Kurss is extremely thorough, is compassionate about what he does, has a great bedside manner and genuinely cares about his patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Hands down one of the most amazing doctors I have ever had. He has the best bedside manner and very easy to talk to, completely medically thorough, addressed lots of issues. He doesn't make you feel like just a patient, more like family, and by that I mean asking how you are, how the family is if there's anything we need, like if he can help in any way by talking to you or offering Services outside of his practice. Always going the extra mile to make sure your needs are taken care of. A+++
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Over several weeks, I have seen Dr. Kurss devote his time to providing the utmost patient care for women. He cares for a variety of different types of patients including complex patients with multiple medical issues. Not only does he diagnose and treat several different conditions, he develops a plan with the patient and provides thorough patient education. He is well versed with all age groups ranging from teens to geriatrics. I am continuously impressed with his compassionate care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kurss, MD?
Best OB/GYN hands down! Dr. Kurss is the most thorough doctor I've ever had, takes the time to really explain things and make sure you understand. It's clear he is there to take care of you and not just rush you out the door. He has an incredible sense of humor which results in a great bedside manner. I wish I started going to him years ago. His staff is great. Everyone I have dealt with has been very accommodating, friendly and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about him!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kurss?

Suburban Obstetrics and Gynecology

• Sat: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kurss treats patients.