Dr. David Kruger, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. David Kruger, MD
Dr. David Kruger, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Hartford, CT. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Kruger is affiliated with Saint Francis Care.

Dr. Kruger's Care Philosophy

As a physician, I strive to provide excellent, compassionate care, working with my patients to achieve 'Best Care for a Lifetime'

Dr. Kruger's Experience

See how Dr. Kruger's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kruger

Dr. Kruger accepts 22 insurance carriers

Dr. Kruger is now accepting new patients
Greater Hartford Orthopedic Group1000 Asylum Ave Ste 2126
Hartford, CT 06105
(860) 728-6740Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kruger has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kruger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kruger to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Kruger's Performance
Granville, MA |
My husband has been with Dr. Kruger since 1992 or 1993. Dr. Kruger has done several back and neck surgeries for my husband. The surgeries have been successful and my husband was able to keep his employment and has not been disabled. Dr. Kruger always told my husband he would not do surgery unless it was necessary. Recently my husband has an accident an he had to have surgery on his neck. My husband could have died or been paralyzed. Dr. Kruger did his surgery and he is recovering fine.
Hartford, CT |
Dr. Kruger is one of the best doctors I have dealt with to help treat my neck pain. He is very attentive in listening to your issues and doesn't rush to surgery as a first option. I ended up having surgery and finally have relief after 2 years of dealing with the pain! I would highly recommend Dr. Kruger to family and friends(which I already have).
in Portland, CT |
Had second very successful back surgery with Dr. Kruger. I would highly recommend him. Richard Kelsey Portland, CT
in Hartford, CT |
So smart! So caring! And oh so competent. Successful AFDC. He saved my life. Thank you, Dr. Kruger.
in Windsor Locks, CT |
Dr Kruger and his team I love. I was so comfortable from the start to finish. Dr Kruger's staff at all locations, St. Francis Hospital, nurses and care were above 100%. I had ACDF A6-A7 surgery on February 8th. Back to work March 6th. My pain is gone. Of course I recommend Dr Kruger at St Francis Hospital. His personal staff are one unit. The continuity with his staff is amazing. Say hi to Jostine, nurse assistant at St Francis. You all deserve praise for the work you do on a daily basis. CJ
in Tolland, CT |
2 successful surgeries with Dr. Kruger. Excellent work, very happy with him and would recommend to anyone. Gives honest, straight answers to all questions.
in Wethersfield, CT |
Dr. Kruger is one of the rudest people I have ever met. He may have skills, but I would never want my health and wellbeing in the hands of this man. Do yourself a favor and choose another doctor.
I'm sorry you were unhappy with your visit. We strive to make each person experience the dedication and passion we have for serving our patients. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please call the office so we may have a chance to remedy the situation.
Enfield, CT |
Dr. Kruger and his team were very kind, professional and knowledgeable. I no longer have back pain and disagree with the comment below, that he is quick to jump to surgery. Yes, he may joke around with his staff but I like to see that. I don't want to walk into a cold unfriendly environment. The office was very clean and his support staff went above and beyond for me. Thanks to them all.
in Unionville, CT |
Dr. Kruger was always professional and empathetic. Prior to my spine surgery the pain was severe in my back and radiated down the legs. After surgery I woke from the anesthesia without pain in my legs. Three months after the surgery I am not using any pain medication. My experience was excellent.
in Enfield, CT |
Is quick to recommend surgery before exhausting other non invasive procedures. Jokes around with staff in hallway while patients are waiting in exam rooms. Unprofessional to say the least. Stay away from this surgeon, if you do use his services get a second opinion.
in South Windsor, CT |
I have been to Dr Kruger's East Hartford office twice so far. Everyone has been very professional and extremely helpful with my back condition. My appointments were on time and any questions I had were answered.
in Greater Hartford, CT |
I am a 42-year old active person who is not overweight, and who exercises regularly. After one x-ray, I was simply told that my persistent lower-back problems were a "matter of fitness." The options I was given were to join an expensive gym or purchase a sit-to-stand desk for work. Problem NOT solved.
I am sorry you were disappointed with your visit. Evidence based medicine suggests that there are no reliable effective treatments for low back pain. Fitness/weight control with abstinence from smoking are the best recommendations available. Additionally, treating symptoms with hot or cold packs and the judicious use of agents such as Aleve or Motrin are the recommended treatments. Alternative treatments include altering one's exercise program to include: swimming, Yoga and good posture.
Dr Kruger is a caring, empathic and extremely skilled Doctor. He helped me greatly by explaining my back issues and encouraging me to not give up hope. What I like most about Dr Kruger is that not only is he an excellent surgeon , but he doesn't rush to operate. He is honest and trustworthy and does not just approach patients to determine if they are surgical candidates, but rather works with you to find the right treatment, helping to avoid surgery if it is not necessary. Highly recommend!!
in Chicopee ma |
turned out to be a very understanding and caring doctor who prioritized my needs. I would recommend him to everybody
in Wethersfield, CT |
Dr. Kruger is an excellent spinal surgeon. He explained the lumbar spinal fusion procedure in detail and answered all my questions. My surgery was difficult due to other medical issues complicating the situation. Dr. Kruger did a fantastic job and went above and beyond in my post op care. He performed an I - Oflex procedure on my husband a year after my surgery. Again, the procedure was explained in detail and the outcome was excellent. Dr. K is current with new techniques to benefit patients.
in Santa Rosa, CA |
he performed spinal surgery on me. which included rods, screws, and bone graft. he is very understanding of patients needs. he is a1 top level surgeon. i was in ct (2012). when i had to have the surgery, i live in California. i need more back surgery. would i go to him again , if i could, you bet i would. my daughter is now going to him because she saw how good he was with me.
in Simsbury, CT |
Dr. Kruger improved my quality of life by performing surgery on my cervical spine where my spinal cord was severely compressed. He is very professional, knowledgeable and skilled. I trusted him immediately at my first appointment and continue to have full confidence in him as a spine surgeon. I'm incredibly impressed at the successful outcome of my surgery! I am and will be forever grateful that he was recommended to me!
Have you seen Dr. David Kruger, MD?

Compare Dr. Kruger

Dr. Kruger's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kruger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Kruger has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kruger's Board Certifications

• Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger

NWU FIENBERG SCH OF MED

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Kruger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kruger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic