Psychiatry  |
Dr. David Kroessler, MD
Dr. David Kroessler, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Providence, RI. He is 64 years old. Dr. Kroessler is affiliated with Roger Williams Medical Center.

321 Hope St

Providence, RI 02906

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Kroessler

See how frequently Dr. Kroessler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anxiety
Psychiatric Evaluation
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Kroessler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Kroessler does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depression
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• Butler Hospital
  • University Hospital SUNY Stony Brook

Dr. Kroessler has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kroessler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kroessler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kroessler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kroessler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kroessler to family and friends
1.8
Dr. Kroessler's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Johnston, RI |
I have never worked with a more unprofessional psychiatrist than Dr. Kroessler. For every appointment, he was 20-30 minutes late. One time he was 40 minutes late. He also rushed all of our appointments. One appointment was a little over 3 minutes long. He never made me feel like he cared about me or my treatment and I always left our sessions feeling like he was not listening to me. Please consider seeking treatment from another psychiatrist.
in Providence |
He always listens to what I have to say an is always willing to change my medicine until we find the right ones an right dosage. He also introduce me to the pediatrician at his office for my daughter. I've been trying for along time to get her help. He is the best Dr I've ever had
Attleboro, MA |
Classic case of a Dr. with a God complex. Wouldn't listen to anything I said and was offended when I asked questions. Insulted my intelligence multiple times. Ended up in the E.R. because of a drug he put me on when I informed him of a heart condition at my first visit. Wouldn't even look away from his phone to listen to me. First appointment he rejected my handshake and didn't even smile. Was functioning even less after I started seeing him. I could go on... he actually seems to get off on this
Chepachet, RI |
I would never recommend this idiot Dr to anyone, not even my worst enemy!! He doesn't care how you, the patient feels and only prescribes medications that he gets a percentage on from sales reps. This Dr got his license to PRACTICE from a Cracker Jack Box!!!!! Him, therapists and office staff are ZEROS BUT unfortunately had to give at least one. Be VERY cautious because the office staff and therapists lie better than rugs do!!!!!
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Kroessler is extremely busy, which is understandable being that he is one of the very few psychiatrists in Providence who accepts insurance. I understand some of the bad reviews here and - to my mind - they stem from the fact that, busy as he is, Dr. Kroessler still accepts new patients. I found Dr. Kroessler to be no-nonsense and extremely effective in dealing with complex psychiatric issues. He cleared up a serious issue for me in just a few visits. I highly recommend him!
Springfield, MA |
There's no words to fully explain the brilliance and deep intuition that this man possesses. He has a razor-sharp, innate understanding of the mind, body, and spirit that enables him to go beyond surface evaluation...and truly see into the root and truth of the problem manifesting. His keen vision allows the patient to be in control of their own wellness, with his help & guidance when needed- & this makes him a diamond among nothing but stones, and truly one of a kind. I'm SO grateful for him!
in Woonsocket, RI |
Very accessible, understands things from the patients point of view.
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Kroessler does not listen to me. He is arrogant and is more interested in being right than in my welfare. Bad doctor, go somewhere else.
in Woonsocket, RI |
Awful experience. His staff on angel st do not care about your well being. I had a fight over a refill request. Fax machine doesn't work; my pharmacy was unable to reach him. I called his office andThe secretary told me their fax is working and I need to wait. Meanwhile I am out of medication, so upset and I went to his office only to get denied. Do not go here; they just don't care about his patients and the staff is rude.
in Providence, RI |
Pompous, and appeared annoyed by patient asking questions about medications and their condition. Seems to have absolutely no interest in understanding a patient's issues. Prescribed medications for anxiety/depression that three subsequent psychiatrists described as inexplicable and without medical justification. Also took nearly eight hours to respond to follow-up call during business hours.
in Providence, RI |
Dr. Kroessler was pompous, inattentive, had his cell phone ring during my visit more than once, referred me to Women and Infants after taking me on and treating me after three visits, and when I asked for a number or referral information, told me to look it up online. I was being seen to get off my meds to start the process of having a baby, and he repeatedly told me how I should not and could not get pregnant on my current regime, saying it was irresponsible, clearly not listening to me.
One of the worse people I have ever met he is a cold hearted guy with no feeling he prescribed be meds that I do not need I highly do not and would not recommend him to anybody. He should lose his job for what he did. Made me feel worthless and didn't take the time to get to see what was wrong with me and very very rude I will give him zero stars. Save urself an embarrassment.
East Greenwich, RI |
I would never recommend Dr. Kroessler. He was very rude. Did not even look at my medical records. Ordered mediation that I did not need. Would never recommend him.
Providence, RI |
Had to sit on the floor because the dr. was over booked. I was on time for my appointment but took 30 minutes to be seen. Watched 4 people go ahead of me to see this Dr.. Dr. Kroessler was emotionless and cold. Horrible bedside manner . Doctor only spent 20 minutes with me on my first visit, I do not recommend this Doctor. Doctors in this field should show warmth and compassion .Hell I would of settled for a smile.
Have you seen Dr. David Kroessler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kroessler?