Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. David Kostick, MD
Dr. David Kostick, MD is an ophthalmic plastic & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Jacksonville, FL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Kostick is affiliated with Wolfson Children's Hospital and Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville.

Florida Eye Specialists

11512 Lake Mead Ave

Jacksonville, FL 32256

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Kostick

Dr. Kostick's Experience

Dr. Kostick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Blocked Tear Duct
  • Chalazion
  • Dacryoadenitis
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Ectropion of Eyelid

• Cleveland Clin
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • W Va University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Kostick has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kostick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kostick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kostick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kostick to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Kostick's Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
I found Dr. Kostick's expertise in eye-related diseases to be helpful and reassuring. He identified my particular issues in easy-to-understand terms, laid out the treatment options, and told me to think about it before making any decisions. He offered to continue our conversation about the options as questions arose. I appreciated his no-pressure approach.
in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL |
Dr. Kostick is very professional. He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. He is very thorough. He really made me feel very confident about my surgery. He and his staff have been nothing but friendly and professional. Both my husband and I are very happy with Dr. Kostick and Florida Eye Specialists.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Went to Dr. Kostick for the first time. He is thorough, right to the point and very charming. A great bedside manner. Diagnosed with dry eye immediately. He made me feel comfortable and as if I were in good hands. I'd recommend him to anyone.
Jacksonville, FL |
My wife was referred to him for surgery to repair double vision after having a tumor removed. First appt. he had many ideas on how to fix once she healed from previous surgery. Strung her along for several visits (many tests run - just racking up insurance claims?) only to tell her today that she should see someone else to discuss surgical options. Be honest with your patients! If you had no intention of helping you should have said so initially, this is her EYESIGHT! Would not recommend him.
I am very sorry for the misunderstanding here. My primary concern for each patient is the best outcome for their vision and wellbeing, and occasionally that means referring to another physician who has different specialties. I am sorry that the need to bring in an additional specialist was not sufficiently clear to you earlier, but I assure you, the visits were not to string you along or increase insurance claims - they were necessary for the initial procedure and follow up.
in Ponte Vedra Beach |
1st impression was great got in office seen quickly and had productive meeting. 2)when turned over to staff had problem getting cost associated for various parts of service. 3)they wanted me to sign agreeing to pay if not covered by insurance .without pricing or insurance part billed. 4) when made surgery appointment is was moved with very little notice. Then move two more times on the actual day of surgery. 5) I was told no choice changes had to be made they could not contact other patient.
Hi Tom, We are very sorry that you had this experience. We have been working on addressing these problems you noted and hope we have been able to address them sufficiently.
in Jacksonville, FL |
From the first consult to surgery follow up, the entire staff and Dr. Kostick were consumate professionals. I look forward to my final visit soon.
Jacksonville, FL |
My first appointment with Dr. Kostick was pleasant, however waiting in the office for over two hours was a little overwhelming. Second appointment, I was kept in the room for over two hours and could not continue to wait any longer. The Dr. still had one patient ahead of me. The office needs to do a better job of communicating that the office is backed up and suggest to patients that they arrive a bit later. With technology like it is today, they could do a better job.
I am very sorry for your wait times at our office and realize that your time is very valuable. We are making needed changes in order to notify patients in advance of appointments that may be lengthy due to exam,testing, diagnostics and surgical scheduling. As well as ensuring patients who have post op or follow up appointments are expedited and/or given the opportunity to reschedule in the event of unexpected delays. I appreciate your feedback here and hope that you'll accept our apologies.
in Jacksonville, FL |
Very informative about the situation and talks to you in a matter that you could understand without looking things up after the fact. I enjoyed my visit and that's saying a lot considering I was at the doctor's office. Very good doctor.
in Melbourne, FL |
I had recently moved from Jacksonville area. I thought since I was several hours away now, I should find a new eye dr at my new location. After thinking about it, I realized that he was the one that I always wanted to take care of my eyes. I trusted him, and he always spends quality time with me, and I liked his personality. He always has a smile. the office staff is always pleasant and very knowledgeable. the 2 hour ride up to Jacksonville is worth it to me.
Have you seen Dr. David Kostick, MD?

Visit Dr. Kostick