Dr. David Kossoff, MD

Dr. David Kossoff, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. David Kossoff, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Frederick, MD. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

70 Thomas Johnson Dr Ste 120

Frederick, MD 21702

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Kossoff

See how frequently Dr. Kossoff performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diarrhea
Gastritis
Stomach Diseases

Dr. Kossoff's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gastric Erosion
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenteritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophagogastroscopy
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Liver Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Med College Penn Hahnemann University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Med College Penn Hahnemann University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Allegheny Genl Hospital Allegheny University Health Science
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Kossoff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kossoff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kossoff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kossoff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kossoff to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kossoff's Performance
in Frederick, MD |
have been a patient of Dr. Kossoff for several years and have been very happy with the care I’ve received from him. He’s very caring, puts his patients at ease with his sense of humor, and always takes his time with each appointment, never making you feel rushed. I have recommended him to others in search of a gastroenterologist and will continue to do so. My blood levels were elevated very high for pancreatitis, he call me on NYE and was very concerned and sent me to get blood work ASAP
Frederick, MD |
I have been Dr. Kossoff's patient for the last 5 years. I am extremely satisfied with the professionalism, courtesy and care that he and his staff provide. On occasion, he has called me at home at night to follow up on progress or status of my health. The medications and referrals he has provided to address my condition was very successful, improved my symptoms and now I am pain free. I would be happy to recommend Dr. Kossoff to anyone who is in need of a Gastroenterologist.
in New Market, MD |
I have been completely satisfied with the care I have received from Dr. Kossoff and his associates. I have been under Dr. Kossoff's care for the past 10 years, and he has been extremely focused on my treatment and making the necessary adjustments in a well explained, thought out manner. I never feel rushed during my office visits and Dr. Kossoff always takes the necessary time to explain test results and details about my treatment. I strongly recommend Dr. Kossoff for gastroenterology care.
in Maryland |
I went to Dr. Kossoff after receiving two different diagnosis from two previous doctors. He has staffed his office with extremely kind, compassionate and professional people. From the first time he walked into our first meeting, I felt comfortable and knew that he was going to figure out what was wrong with me and get me on a path to recovery. I was right! I have been correctly diagnosed and have been medicated correctly and have almost no symptoms of my issues. HIGHLY recommend him!!
Gettysburg, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kossoff for several years and have been very happy with the care I’ve received from him. He’s very caring, puts his patients at ease with his sense of humor, and always takes his time with each appointment, never making you feel rushed. I have recommended him to others in search of a gastroenterologist and will continue to do so.
Jefferson, MD |
Very thorough and precise. Highly recommend!!
During my time under Dr. Kossoff's "care", I have been told less useful information than I could have found on Google myself. I have spent money and time listening to him restate information that was entirely obvious and tell me that my symptoms/side effects essentially could not possibly be legitimate. Of course most of the time was spent just waiting, as all of my actual appointments have lasted less than 5 minutes. It is clear that I know by body better than Dr. Kossoff knows his practice.
in Frederick, MD |
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Kossoff for many years. When I first met Dr. Kossoff, he introduced himself as “Dr. Kossoff, like Kiss-off but with an “O”.” My husband and I busted out laughing. We love his sense of humor. I have to thank Dr. Kossoff for saving my husband’s life 12 years ago. My husband was in his early 40’s and had cancerous polyps that were caught early and removed. If these were not caught early, my husband would not be with me today. I have great confidence
Frederick, MD |
Danger Alert! Stay Away! I had severe ulcerative colitis when I saw this doctor. All he did was give me one blood test. No medication given. After the one office visit my insurance paid for the visit. After getting payment, the doctors office ruined my credit rating for seven years by saying I did not pay. There are many other quality gastroenterologists in the Frederick area.
in Frederick, Maryland |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kossoff's for more than ten years and would be absolutely lost without him. Dr Kossoff has literally saved my life and continues to keep me healthy no matter where in the world I happen to find myself. While deployed to the Middle East, Dr. Kossoff made absolutely sure I could reach him and his wonderful staff for an emergency question or prescription refill. He cares deeply for every patient and his staff is the nicest and most professional I have ever encountered.
in Gettysburg, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kossoff for many years. He has always been highly professional and extremely caring. He takes the time to work with you through the diagnosis and provides you with results and treatments that is easily understood and thorough in detail. I have total confidence in his work as a physician. I have recommended him to others and everyone is very pleased with his approach, knowledge and patient care. I would highly recommend him to anyone. His staff is excellent!
Frederick, MD |
I love him. Have gone to Dr. Kossoff for over 10 years. Wouldn't see any other doctor.
in Frederick, MD |
I have been a patient for 5 yrs. He's the best; I can't imagine going anywhere else. I'm well taken care of, & office visits are not rushed.
Dr. Kossoff is hands down my favorite doctor. I have been to him for multiple issues over the course of several years. He explains things in a manner that is so understandable. He instantly puts you at ease and makes you feel like you no longer need to worry - he's going to fix you right up. And you know what? He does! Every single time. He is hilarious and wicked smart! The total package you want in a doctor - great bedside manner and a brilliant mind.
in Jefferson, MD |
Dr. Kossoff saved my wife's life 15 years ago when he diagnosed an abnormality in her large and small intestine. Since that time he has been her gastroenterologist. He is extremely skilled and has an excellent bedside manner. He intently listens to the patient in order to understand the state of the patient and makes sure that the patient understands any diagnosis or proposed treatment. He and his staff are friendly and respect the patient's time. We highly recommend Dr. Kossoff.
Frederick, MD |
I’ve seen Dr. Kossoff several times my initial visit was to rule out anemia with unknown etiology. Dr. Kossoff could’ve easily assumed everything was fine after he performed my procedure instead, he took the time to rule out another possibility which was instrumental in me getting much-needed treatment. Dr. Kossoff is caring and professional. The staff is also excellent. I am very satisfied with the care I receive.
New Market, MD |
Dr. Kossoff was great! He did an excellent job diagnosing my GI issues and set out a plan to resolve my problems. I have progressed to the point were I no longer have symptoms. His office environment is excellent. Staff are helpful and he is on time.
in Brunswick, MD |
I've been a patient of Dr. Kossoff for years now and there is no other Dr. that I respect or believe in more than him. He is a straight shooter and isn't afraid to tell you what's going on. He and his staff are kind arena professional.
Mount Airy, MD |
DONT go to David Kossoff! He is in it for the insurance aspect and will test you to death but NEVER give results!!! My daughter has suffered a year under his "care". We've FINALLY went elsewhere. Kossoff is NOT to be trusted.
in Frederick |
Dr. Kossoff is a great doctor. He listens to what is going on and has gotten my health back on track.
in Frederick, MD |
I first met Dr. Kossoff ten years ago and I have only the highest recommendation for him and his staff. I have been treated with a kind and caring attitude by everyone I've met.
in Thurmont, MD |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kossoff. His level of care, compassion and expertise is second to none. Everything was handled in an extremely efficient manner.
in Walkersville, MD |
Dr Kossoff exhibited extreme concern for my symptoms. Recommend him completely.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Kossoff is the first doctor in the area who heard my symptoms and then actually did tests and figured out what was going on with my stomach. I've had a lot of doctors blow me off and say it was just acid reflux but he actually figured out what was wrong within a few visits and a couple of tests. Would 100% recommend to friends and family. Not only is he great, but his PA is as well and interested in patient care and they communicate well so I didn't feel like I had the same visit twice.
in Frederick, MD |
I love Dr. Kossoff and his amazing staff. I would highly recommend. They are caring and very professional. Trust me when I say " They are all about the patient" You matter to them and they take care of you like you are their family. I am grateful to Dr Kossoff for fixing and keeping a careful watch on my conditions. Thank you again. They are amazing. Keep up the excellent care.
in Mt. Airy, MD |
Started out great he seemed engaged and working my issue. But then he pawned me off on his PA, and they botched medications multiple times, wrong one, wrong dose, too little so it ran out and on and on. Then condition I saw him far came back and worse, in extreme pain call and can't see him until 5 weeks later? Crazy poor business. Didn't fix the problem, not interested evidently with a pawn off to a PA...not there when you need him. Grabbed my records and moved on. High hopes here...poor
in Cherry Hill, NJ |
I went into the office very upset and sick, and I was treated very poorly by the staff and doctor. I was scheduled for an endoscopy after 2 minutes of Dr Kossoff coming in, not speaking with me, pressing on my stomach with no explanation. I left more upset and confused. After my endoscopy Dr Kossoff did not speak with me, and only to my mother even though she was not on any release and I was in my late twenties. I will never go back. No bedside manner or respect.
Frederick, MD |
Dr. Kossoff always goes above and beyond to offer you the best care possible. His office staff is excellent and when we call we don't wait and a professional and polite person answers the phone. Dr. Kossoff has both experience and empathy, a rare combination these days. Because of Dr. Kossoff my husband was diagnosed early with pancreatic cancer, and he has a chance to survive it!!
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Kossoff was very professional and treated me with kindness and concern. He put my safety and well-being first. He didn't just rush in and treat when he saw an area of concern. He referred me to a specialist and then that specialist sent me back to him. He made a plan that was well thought through and it airs on the side of caution. I feel fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Kossoff. I know I am in a doctor's hands that is truly about helping and healing.
in New Market, MD |
Dr. Kossoff is a knowledgeable, caring and insightful specialist. He made me feel secure, and confident on my first visit and has a very calm attitude which attributes to his great bedside manner. I appreciate the fact that he took the time to check on my well being after each procedure and reassured my doubts and concerns. The staff is professional and very accommodating. The whole experience was pleasant and I was grateful for the short wait time.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Kossoff is an exceptional doctor. He is the most compassionate and caring physician I have encountered. My health was his main concern when I went in for an emergency appointment. His follow up is awesome. I would recommend Dr. Kossoff to anyone I know!
Have you seen Dr. David Kossoff, MD?
Are you Dr. Kossoff?