Dr. David Kim, MD

Dr. David Kim, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. David Kim, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Dublin, OH. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Read his story

6770 Avery Muirfield Dr

Dublin, OH 43017

• Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Kim

See how frequently Dr. Kim performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intervertebral Disc Disease
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Degenerative Disc Disease

Dr. Kim's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kim's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kim "Dr. Kim is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with extensive fellowship-training in spine surgery. He received his Bachelor's Degree from Yale University, where he attended on a National Merit Scholarship. After graduation, Dr. Kim attended medical school at the Rochester University School of Medicine in Rochester, NY. Dr. Kim completed his surgical internship at the University of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark, NJ followed by a research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Md. where he studied MRI and Metabolism. After finishing his research, Dr. Kim completed his orthopaedic surgical residency at Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, PA with a subsequent spine surgery fellowship at Southern Illinois University in Springfield, IL. Dr. Kim currently holds privileges at Dublin Methodist Hospital and is the Director of Spine Surgery at Doctors Hospital. Dr. Kim holds a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the North American Spine Society, and is a member of the Ohio State Medical Association."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Yale University
  • Hahnemann University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Southern Illinois University At Edwardsville
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Kim's Performance
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Kim is an exceptional doctor and human being. His attention and concern for me, after a successful spinal surgery, was beyond anything anyone had ever shown. I'll never forget his unannounced, unscheduled visit to my hospital room, just to see that I was okay. The surprise to see him smiling at me when I looked up, is something I will never forget. I was more than a chart! This was in 2011, and I just thought his character and skill was exceptional enough to let you know. J. Hamilton
Columbus, OH |
Kim is chronically late, while waiting more than an hour, I had the pleasure of listening to the staff make fun of people. Additionally, staff is incompetent, they don't complete the needed paperwork in advance of appointments, then appointments need to be rescheduled and more time taken off of work to accommodate that change. I feel like a source of revenue, with no regard for my medical care or my time invested in improving my heath.
Columbus, OH |
Dr Kim recommended that I have a 3 level anterior cervical diskectomy with fusion. The surgery went as expected, but I have continued to have pain. I think the follow up testing has been to just verify that the spinal hardware has not shifted and that his surgical procedures were not at fault. I have had to do much research on my own and ask questions to get any information from him. While he may be a good surgeon, his communication skills with patients seems to be lacking.
in Galloway, OH |
Dr. Kim was wonderful. He listened to my concerns and explained everything to me. I would certainly recommend him.
Dublin, ohio |
I have never been witness to horrendous treatment by a physician who cashed my sister's check. Dr. Kim claims that Ortho Neuro is NOT capable of cortisone shots, nor prescription traction. Do not be fooled by his credentials, as he is not interested in your symptoms, but rather your cop-pay. He is a disgrace to doctors who are interested in innovative, forward thinking; in fact, he cannot even recognize the obvious. Please, do us all a favor and retire your medical license. Do no more harm!
Grove City, OH |
I have had 2 surgeries with Dr Kim. I have had great experience both times. I have referred him and will go back to him with any spinal issues I have
in Grove City, OH |
If I could leave negative stars I would. This man almost killed me. I evidentially was his very first spinal cord stimulator. My trial was 8 hours on an operating table which I later found out takes 20 minutes and there should be NO incisions. He told me I should get the permanent with medtronics who I will never use again. I did 8-10 hours later I was in pain for 2 weeks with one of my incisions that kept opening and was infected. After going to grant I was full of staph and it had to be remove
Have you seen Dr. David Kim, MD?
Are you Dr. Kim?

Visit Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 9 insurance carriers
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
    Worker's Compensation WC