Dr. David Kessler, MD

Dr. David Kessler, MD

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology  |

Dr. David Kessler, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Kessler is affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin, St. David's Medical Center, St. David's South Austin Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center.

Austin Heart, PA.

3801 N Lamar Blvd Ste 300

Austin, TX 78756

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Kessler

The Mission of Austin Heart is to provide exceptional cardiac and vascular care to every patient every day with a spirit of warmth, friendliness, and personal pride.

Video

Dr. Kessler's Experience

Dr. Kessler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Board certified in Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Conduction Disorder of the Heart
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Ablation for Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation
  • Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Ablation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Artery Stent Placement
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Electrophysiological Study
  • Heart Surgery
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure

• Harvard Medical School
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Univ. of Texas Southwestern Medical Sch.
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Parkland Hospital University Tex Sw
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

• Influence of Cocaine, Ethanol, or their Combination on Epicardial Coronary Arterial Dimensions in Humans, 1995
  • Use Of Transesophageal Atrial Pacing with Adenosine Infusion to Evaluate Ventricular Pre-excitation, 1995

Dr. Kessler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kessler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kessler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kessler to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Kessler's Performance
in Austin |
Excellent Doctor that has really helped my heart keep beating regular more than once! Never had a bad experience with him or his staff! Patient for LIFE!!
in Laredo, TX |
Dr. Kessler is always very professional and pleasant. Ever since we started seeing Dr. Kessler we have been very happy. I highly recommend him.
in Austin, TX |
I first went to Dr. Kessler 11 years ago when he installed my first Pacemaker. Everything went terrific with that procedure. When time came for replacement, there was no question of who would do it. This procedure went extremely fast, everyone was courteous, professional and explained what would happen and how it would be done. Less than 4 hours later, I was getting ready to go home. He even let me keep the old worn out one to show off. If you need an "electrician" Dr. Kessler is the one.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Kessler is direct and succinct with his analyses of my cardio condition and recommendations for addressingmy concerns going forward
in Lago Vista, TX |
Dr David Kessler has been my Cardiologist for seven years. His staff is superb, and he is accessible every time I have needed information about my heart health. I actually enjoy my appointments, and he is really good at answering questions which helps me to better understand how to respond to my physical needs. I always leave with a firm understanding of current and future treatment options. What more could a patient want from his doctor?
Georgetown, TX |
Dr Kessler has been outstanding. He came highly recommended and I was not disappointed. Not only am I impressed with his expertise but am also impressed with his responsiveness and attention to detail.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Kessler had been out of town and was completely booked but when I explained to the nurse why I needed to see him, she worked me into his schedule. He sat down with me and patiently explained about the medication and answered my questions. I really appreciated his understanding and willingness to take the time to alleviate my concerns. In addition, I appreciate the understanding of the nurse as to my urgent concerns.
in Austin, TX |
What I like is the explanations in my terms. Dr. Kessler is prompt, precise, and personable. I always feel he answers questions completely and will spend whatever time it takes for me to ask questions and receive thorough answers. Another point that is impressive is his follow up. Any time there is a need to follow up, I get a response within hours. In the age of "busyness," that is meaningful to me.
in Lockhart, TX |
Dr. Kessler was on the team that saved my life. He has been a very important person in my recovery. He make you feel like your the only patient he has. He not only listens to you but he make you feel like you are a good friend. That is hard to find today and I feel very lucky to have him as my doctor and friend. Would I recommend him? (Excuse the pun) in a heart beat.................
Austin, TX |
Dr. Kessler is a very professional and courteous Doctor.
Austin, TX |
I have recommended Dr Kessler to others on several occasions. I have been his patient for 20+ years. I find him to be very knowledgeable of current medical information, willing to listen and have a discussion about my concerns and just a very nice guy. I trust his diagnosis and will continue to refer others to him for services.
in TX |
He and his staff are always professional, friendly and concerned with me as an individual.
in Austin, TX |
I would definitely recommend patients to Dr Kessler. He is attentive, listens well, and spot on with the diagnosis. Explanations that are easily understood, excellent analogies and examples. Not in a hurry to move on to the next patient. Not often have I encountered a doctor with such personalized responsiveness to a patient.
Austin, TX |
My favorite doctor. He listens to your concerns and never pushes you to do anything. He gives a good overview of ones condition so that the layperson can understand what's going on. He has such a calm demeanor which helps a patient get a handle on their condition. He and his nurse always get back the same day when called. I never feel rushed during an appt. I have great confidence in him.
in Leander, TX |
Dr Kessler stopped my atrial fibrillation by doing a cardiac ablation in 2008. Worked first try. Recently some afib has reappeared - I got 9 of the promised 8 years of relief. When I went in for my biennial checkup an afib incident occurred. Dr. Kessler calmly assessed the situation with a complete business as usual attitude. After a detailed explanation of the issues and treatment options he let me make the choices. I am now scheduled for another ablation next month. Experience A+++.
in Austin, TX |
I have had several appointments with Dr. Kessler in the last month and have been very pleased. I have never had a medical issue that was handled in such a professional manner. Everyone in Dr. Kessler's office, from the front desk to his assistant, was absolutely great to work with. I highly recommend Dr. Kessler and his associates.
in Austin, Texas |
Great doctor and staff. Very professional and caring
Austin, TX |
Dr. Kessler answered all my question and was great at explaining with pictures and diagrams what was happening and how to fix the problem. I only waited 5 minutes in the waiting room and only a few more minutes for Dr Kessler to walk in the room himself. Great experience . Highly recommend him . PS he was fantastic with me in the hospital too !!
San Marcos, TX |
Would not spend time with me. Asked 2 questions and then was quickly rushed out before I got to the rest of my questions. Left feeling very frustrated.
in Austin |
Dr. Kessler is always attentive and not rushed.
in San Marcos, TX |
I have met with Dr. Kessler several times over the past 4 years and am completely satisfied with his delivery of healthcare services to me.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Kessler and his staff are always polite, concerned, and take time with you as a patient, listening to your concerns and questions. They are very thorough, and you are encouraged to call anytime you feel unwell.
in Georgetown, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kessler to anyone requiring treatment of a problem within his area of speciality. He relates easily to his patients and explains not only your problem, what causes the problem, but also the various options to treat the problem as well the pros and cons of each option. In the many years that Dr. Kessler has been my Doctor I do not recall ever having to wait. He is always ready to meet with me at the scheduled time or before.
in New Braunfels, TX |
Very competent and extremely responsive. Always gets back to you at his first opportunity, even at the end of a busy day for him. Assistants and nurses are all very nice and competent, as well.
in Austin, TX |
I took my friend's word for it, she recommended Dr Kessler as an expert for the problems I was having; sure enough she was right. Dr Kessler is very experienced and knowledgable with the issues presented to him. He is welcoming, comforting, personable, I never felt rushed though it was a busy morning. He listened attentively to my complaints without judgement. He recommended 3 treatment options and didn't make me feel he's interested in either of them. He really values recommendations.
in Austin, TX |
My experience with Dr. Kessler and the staff at Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia may very well be one of the most professional, efficient and complete medical visits I have ever had. I was fortunately cleared of any medical condition needing follow-up, but if I ever had to go back, or recommend a cardiologist to someone, Dr. Kessler and TCA would be at the top of my list.
very confidence inspiring.
in Austin, TX |
Very easy going but professional bedside manner and thoroughly explains issues and his reasoning for treatment plan. Seems to prefer medication to invasive procedures when possible.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Kessler if by far the best doctor I have seen in my 68 years. He spends a great deal of time to make sure all of my questions are answered and that I fully understand what is going on with my heart and other medical issues. His staff meets the same high standards, especially his nurse practitioner..
Have you seen Dr. David Kessler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kessler?

Visit Dr. Kessler

Dr. Kessler accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Kessler has admitting privileges

Round Rock, TX 78681
St. David's South Austin Medical Center
901 W Ben White Blvd
Austin, TX 78704

More Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists like Dr. Kessler at Austin Heart, PA.

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist