Dr. David Kavesteen, MD

Dr. David Kavesteen, MD

Cardiology | Male

Heart and Health PLLC 6175 Sunrise Hwy Massapequa, NY 11758 Get Directions

Our philosophy is to treat all our patients like our family, with courtesy and respect, while delivering the latest and most advanced medical care. Our providers specialize in early detection and prevention of diseases, syndromes and genetic anomalies.  Our treatment plans are uniquely tailored for each of our patients, in order to achieve their optimum medical needs. We pride ourselves on our personal attention and customer service. Our patients are not only a number instead they become part of our large family.

The knowledgeable staff at Heart and Health Medical in North Babylon, Plainview, and Middle Island provides personalized attention and excellence in Internal Medicine, family medicine, podiatry, and cardiovascular disease.  Heart and Health Medical delivers comprehensive and compassionate healthcare to patients all across Long Island.

Our attentive doctors and staff go above and beyond to show how much we care for our patients. We specialize in the early detection and prevention of diseases and conditions by utilizing the latest discoveries and advances in modern medicine. We would also like to thank our patients for voting us to be the Best of Long Island Cardiology 2013 and Patient Choice Award in  2009, 2010 and  2011.

Here at Heart and Health Medical, We put our Heart into your Health.

We accept most medical insurances including Medicaid, Medicare, and Affordable Care Act Insurances (Obama Care). We offer many different payment plans and  financial assistance for our patients with financial hardship. We offer late night and weekend hours to make it more convenient for our patients to keep their appointments. You can request an appointment online or simply call one of our offices at multiple locations throughout Nassau and Suffolk County.

Dr. David Kavesteen, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Massapequa, NY. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Kavesteen is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, Southside Hospital and NYU Winthrop Hospital.

Dr. Kavesteen's Experience

See how Dr. Kavesteen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kavesteen

Dr. Kavesteen accepts 44 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kavesteen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kavesteen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kavesteen to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kavesteen Says:

"As Physicians, our daily commitment to doing what's best for our patients is inspiring, honorable and challenging.

Dr. Kavesteen's Performance
in Babylon, NY |
Dr. Kavesteen is the worst doctor I have ever come across. It is obvious that he has no interest in addressing his patients concerns, only charging insurance for unwarranted tests and procedures. He was supposed to treat my husband for lymes disease, as he claims he specializes in, however, just had his staff run a bunch of unrelated tests.
Dear Katherine I can not discuss your husband's medical condition on the web due to HIPPA laws and patient - doctor confidentiality. I understand your frustration with your husband medical condition and Lyme disease. I will be more than happy to meet with you and explain his condition in great details if he allows me to. Many people feel frustrated with this devastating and dangerous disease. We are here to help you better understand and treat Lyme disease
Dr. Kavesteen is great. His demeanor puts you instantly at ease. He listens & asks questions. His office is equipped to do everything needed. I thought I was feeling a little under the weather, but instead had a 90% blockage. I'm here today, & feeling great thanks to Dr. Kaversteen. I would recommend Dr. Kaversteen to anyone looking for a knowledgable & compassionate doctor. As for a rating I would say 5+. P.M. Gallant
It has been a great privilege to be involve in your medical care and giving us the opportunity not only to take care of your medical needs but also your other family members. We work very hard to have the most advanced technology to detect the disease early because we believe early detection and prevention is better. I am glad that we were able to detect this 90 percent blockage before it became 100 percent. I wish you healthy and happy years to come from me and Heart and Health Medical staff.
in Brentwood, NY |
I took my mom to this doctor for her Aorta calcification, he not once explains anything & does over 15 tests (abt 5 visits in total) & the last visit we're told no more tests & he was going to give us the 24 hour monitor test results, instead he walks in & states her BP is stable & he sent meds to the pharm. & pushes us out. I had to ask hello results? & he goes oh yeah here its elevated & we don't know why. come back for a brain exam? went to another doc. turns out he did tests she didn't need!
in Patchogue, NY |
In June Dr. Kavesteen changed my blood pressure medication due to swelling in my ankles. Over the next 10 weeks he increased dosages, changed the medications twice then prescribed 2 new medications that my insurance company would not cover. When the last medication was denied, I called and was told to make an another appointment. Honestly? I've seen the doctor 5 times over these 10 weeks. My blood pressure is high (higher now) and now I have to wait for another appointment? No thanks.
I am saddened to see more and more of my patients are being denied coverage for necessary medications, test and treatments. Medical care is now being dictated by medical insurances for simply increasing their profit margin and greed. A good and knowledgeable doctor will monitor these side effects. I am glad that I was able to detect and stop the first medication which was started by a different doctor. My first priority is my patients' safety and wellbeing. This takes time, dedication and care.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
I met Dr. Kavesteen at a free heart and health screening in October of 2015. My BP was extremely high that day and after speaking with him I knew right away that I couldn't have a better person to be my Cardiologist! We saw each other weekly for 6 weeks and every time I went there I felt better and better not only physically but in my confidence and respect in him and the entire staff. Dr. Kavesteen is the best! You and your loved ones will be happy you chose him like we did!
At Heart and Health Medical, our goal is to treat everyone like a family and provide everyone with the best care possible. Comments like these means a lot to all of us. Thank You
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kavesteen and staff are a group of professionals I would recommend to anyone needing a cardiologist.
in Hicksville, ny |
Dr Kavesteen and staff are some of the nicest people you will meet. They go above and beyond to help you.
in New York, NY |
A great experience! Nice service! He's a really nice person!
in New York, NY |
Very excellent reception service, quick appointment arranged and very pleased and confident in doctor?s expert knowledge delivered in a warm fashion. Dr. David Kavesteen is a professional cardiologist who cares about his patients. All in all a great experience!
in rye, NY |
He has an excellent bedside manner, is empathetic and a good listener. Furthermore, you never feel like your rushed.
Thank you ! We try our best to treat our patients like family and give them the attention they deserve.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kavesteen is the most caring doctor I have ever dealt with. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a Dr that will go the extra care for his patients.nice human being also
in plainview, ny |
The office experience was ok but the doctor will not see you until he runs a host of unnecessary tests without taking into account your history and symptoms. The staff encourage you to take tests prior to medical evaluation and don't explain why they are being done. Dr. Kavesteen is a bad diagnostician and missed my heart problems that were caused by lyme disease. He does not know how to make a clinical diagnosis of lyme and does not know how to diagnose, treat or monitor lyme carditis.
Lyme disease is a serious condition. It effects whole body. First stage is the arthritis, muscle pain and flue like symptoms- Second stage is effecting the heart and last stage it will spread to the brain. In order to accurately diagnose and treat this devastating disease all these systems have to be evaluated. Cardiac myocarditis from lyme is a serious and fatal condition and should be given after biopsy with pathology report. I hope you were given a correct diagnosis and treatment.
in Dix hills Ny |
He is very knowledgeable and smart. He is not like other doctors that push medications and test. He really cares!
in New York, NY |
its some what nice to be afford at there for a half an hour.
We are very sorry for the long wait. At times we have emergencies and have to send our patients to the hospital by ambulance and this will delay and prolong waiting time. We appreciated the feed back and we always try to stay on schedule.
Have you seen Dr. David Kavesteen, MD?

Compare Dr. Kavesteen

Dr. Kavesteen's Care Philosophy

Here at Heart and Health Medical, We put our Heart into your Health.

Dr. Kavesteen says...

The Cardiologists at Heart & Health Medical specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of numerous diseases and conditions affecting the human heart and its vascular system. These cardiovascular diseases include, but are not limited to, heart attacks, cardiomyopathy, atherosclerosis, hypertension, high cholesterol, metabolic syndrome, arrhythmia, syncope, palpitations, angina, cardiac stents, permanent pacemakers, defibrillators implantation / management, etc. You can count on our skilled cardiology team to provide you with the best cardiac care by using the latest technology, such as Radiation Free Stress Testing, T-wave Alterans, Psudopath and many more. Our cardiology department develops the a plan by using a comprehensive cardiac evaluation, along with active collaboration with the best specialists in many different hospitals, such as Mount Sinai, Good Samaritan, Winthrop, Southside - NSLIJ . We understand that in order to provide our patients with the best service and specialist we need to compare many hospitals side by side. Our loyalty is to our patients and not to any specific health system or hospital.

Dr. David Kavesteen, is the founder and director of our cardiology department. He is Board Certified in cardiovascular disease and has been recognized as a "Leading Physician of the World" and the "Top Cardiologist in Babylon, NY" by the International Association of Cardiologists, and as "One of America's Top Cardiologists 2010" by the Consumers' Research Council of America.

Dr. Kavesteen says...

At Heart & Health Medical, we offer advanced equipment and facilities for the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art technologies and methods in the evaluation and diagnosis of heart diseases and non invasive cardiology. Our Board-Certified cardiologists have extensive experience in a full range of cardiac conditions and diseases. There is special attention paid to non-invasive cardiology, early detection, and prevention of cardiac diseases and conditions; this includes coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, interventional cardiology, non-invasive imaging, arrhythmia, and preventive cardiology.

We focus on you, the patient. The Heart & Health Medical Cardiology and Vascular Medicine Team will listen to you and take the time to discuss the medical problem, diagnosis, risks, and treatment options available with you and your family. Our team of physicians is leaders in their field and each physician holds special certifications, as well as continuous ongoing training for complex procedures.

At Heart and Health Medical, we provide a wide range of non-invasive cardiology services to residents across all of Long Island, including:

• Heart disease early prevention screenings
  • Cardio and vascular disease early detection packages
  • Metabolic testing
  • Peripheral vascular disease testing
  • Pacemaker and Defibrillator Monitoring
  • Echocardiography, Stress Echo Testing, & TEE - Transesophageal Echocardiography

The latest technology and equipment is used for all imaging in the examination and treatment of your arteries and heart. Some conditions, such as heart failure, require lifelong management. With our team of leading cardiologists and associated cardiovascular surgeons on your side, a custom heart diseases treatment plan is designed and implemented so that you can go about enjoying your daily life in the healthiest way possible. If you are at risk or experiencing symptoms of cardiac or vascular conditions, then do not hesitate to seek medical attention.

Individuals suffering from coronary artery disease may experience shortness of breath or chest pain. Both of these are also common heart attack symptoms. If you are experiencing either of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.

Dr. Kavesteen says...

Our profession allows us to enter people's lives in moments of vulnerability, and trust is the main foundation for this relationship. Part of how we earn and maintain this trust is through the highest standards we as physicians collectively embrace throughout our training in medical school, residency and fellowships over a decade of hard work and sacrifice.  This is only achieved by complete dedication and love for our patients and medicine.

I salute every physician who puts their patient's well being first and follow his/her Hippocratic oat to the fullest.

Medicine is not only a science but it is also an art. We are all created uniquely with different DNA. Therefore, the same treatment plan may not present the same results all the time.

Education, Evaluation and Unique Treatment Plan are the hallmarks of Heart and Health Medical. Our expert medical team will develop the best treatment plan for each patient. The first goal of our medical team is to evaluate each patient with the latest technology and diagnose the underlining disease. We take our findings and then educate our patients on their medical condition. We rather treat the underlining disease than the symptoms alone.   It is only then that  THE PATIENT should make the final informed decision regarding his/her health with complete medical support from us. "             Dr. David Kavesteen   September 19, 2005   Babylon, NY

Dr. Kavesteen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease

• Patient Choice Award, 2008-2010
    • Too Many to list

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kavesteen's Board Certifications

• Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Dizziness
  • Familial Hypercholesterolemia
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Stony Brook U Med Ctr-SUNY

Graduated in 1994

• Farsi
  • Hebrew

Dr. Kavesteen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kavesteen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology
  • Cardiac Aneurysms
  • Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases
  • Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Diseases
  • Geriatric Cardiology

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electrocardiogram
  • Aortic Aneurysm Repair
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Doppler