Urology  |
Dr. David Kaufman, MD
Dr. David Kaufman, MD is an urology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Kaufman is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Saint Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.

330 W 58th St Ste 401

New York, NY 10019

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • POMCO Group
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Kaufman

Central Park Urology has been serving the urological needs of New York City since 1982. Urologist Dr. David M. Kaufman has helped thousands of people in New York discuss and deal with their most personal health problems. He offers compassionate, personalized care in a safe and confidential environment.

Dr. Kaufman's Experience

Dr. Kaufman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypospadias
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Infertility
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Bladder Surgery

• Columbia Presby Med Ctr/Presby Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital Center At Roosevelt Division
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Kaufman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kaufman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kaufman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaufman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaufman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaufman to family and friends
Dr. Kaufman's Performance
Flemington, NJ |
I cannot praise Dr. Kaufman enough. I was back and forth to several other doctors and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. Dr. Kaufman diagnosed me within the first five minutes of our visit. Thanks to him, I have my life back. Highly recommend.
in New York, NY |
There is not enough positive things I can say about Dr. Kaufman. He saved my life. He helped in diagnosing my rare case of bladder endometriosis, he never stops helping his patients. He is a physician who genuinely cares and listens. His staff is incredible, he always returns his patients calls, he’s extremely organized and professional and again, I can’t stress this enough, he listens! When a doctor actually cares they become an advocate and Dr. K has and always will be my advocate!
I am so fortunate to have found Dr Kaufman. I have been struggling with UTI for years seeing different urologists and no one took his approach. Time will tell if it worked but I have the comfort of knowing I am in the best hands. He knows what he is talking about! The best part is that he is reachable via email. Knowing he is there and answers his emails (very quickly!) is such a reassurance. He also makes me laugh when I am down, he does not aggravate my stress like some doctors will do.
in NJ |
Dr. Kaufman is an excellent urologist. I suffered with frequent urination for six months and had went to 5 different urologists in desperate search for the cause. Finally, Dr. Kaufman made a diagnosis of pelvic floor disorder and gave me a referral for physical therapy. I am already improving after only a few weeks. He really took the time to figure out what was going on. I also really appreciate that he always responds to my emails within a few hours.
Edison, NJ |
Dr. Kaufman is one of the best urologists out there. I went un-diagnosed and suffered in pain for over a year. Within 5 minutes of being in his office he diagnosed me and gave me the proper medication. 4 months later I was feeling back to my old self after all these months of suffering. I recently went back to him for the same issue and he was quick t assess and diagnose the problem. I would send anyone having similar problems to see Dr. Kaufman. His staff is also great too!
in New York, NY |
OMG! I am 66 years old and have finally found a doctor that could handle my issues and was determined to find a solution. Dr. Kaufman even dealt on several occasions with my insurance company, when they were being less than effective. Dr. Kaufman is my new super hero. I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman. No lie!
in New Rochelle, NY |
Dr. Kaufman was an answer to a prayer. I had suffered with pelvic floor syndrome for no less then 40 years. I had seen at least 4 urologists. After countless doctors visits and years of suffering I found dr. Kaufman. After a conversation and exam, in no less then 10 minutes , he told me what the problem was and how we were going to treat it. Thanks to dr Kaufman I'm a new women.
New York, NY |
I had an annoying UTI for several months. Dr. Kaufman wanted to make sure that my bladder was normal, so he did a cystoscopy, and all was fine. However, my urine cultures revealed that I still had a UTI and Dr. Kaufman was determined to get to the bottom of the problem and finally after 3 weeks on Macrobid, I was finally in the clear. Office staff is very pleasant and Dr. Kaufman is an excellent urologist.
New York, NY |
Dr. Kaufman's great! I'm so happy to have switched doctors. He's very kind, patient, attentive, and straight to the point. I marveled at his punctuality between appointments. I wasn't left waiting a minute. Thank you Dr. Kaufman! I look forward to my next visit. I feel that I am in good hands.
New York, NY |
Dr. Kaufman performed a vasectomy on me. He provided a clear explanation of the consequences of the procedure and a detailed list of instructions for how to prepare for the procedure and recovery. The procedure itself was quick and professional. It was clear he had performed this procedure many times, and had plenty of great jokes lined up that had me and my partner laughing. I contacted Dr. Kaufman a few times after the procedure via email, and he responded within hours in a tone that matched
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had an NSV with Dr Kaufman. Dr Kaufman was an excellent confidence builder in the procedure, clear communicator with a refreshing style. Everything was well organized by his office, the procedure was quick and efficient and the follow up effective. Overall very impressed and one of my friends is now doing the same based on my recommendation.
New York, NY |
Really great 1 on 1 care--everything explained and checked at length...you really feel like you are under the care of a doctor with Kaufman, not just under the care of insurance or 'the system.' 5-stars!
in New York, NY |
I told Dr. Kaufman what happened to me and he fit me in as soon as I could come. He got me stabilized right away. All test I was given were well explained. They were logical and necessary. Procedures went quickly and painlessly. His staff is competent and compassionate. No foolishness or difficulties with insurance. No waiting around to be seen. Deep down I had feared the worst and Dr. straight-forward, honest approach was a big part of the healing. I’m well and good now.
in Monroe NJ |
The Patient care I received from the Dr Kaufman and his staff specialty Nancy were absolutely the best you could want. My condition affected me both physically and emotionally… I had a severe interstitial cystitis condition, I was depressed, angry and hopeless. Crying most of the time and in bed for years, What a difference from then to now. I am optimistic, grateful and almost normal! My advice to you is to Run to see Dr. Kaufman, He is dedicated and a Brilliant Doctor!” Shereen yanni
in Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Kaufman is amazing. After seeing several urologists, I was desperate for answers. He listened, did a pelvic exam (the first urologist to do so!) and proposed a concrete plan of action. He was also the only doctor to recommend pelvic floor therapy, which did wonders for me. I am forever grateful.
Tampa Fl |
I really appreciate Dr. Kaufman's sharp wit along with his phenomenal talent. In less than 10 minutes he diagnosed what 2 urologists, 2 gynecologists, a GI, a rheumatologist and a neurologist could not figure out. My husband and I flew in from Florida specifically to see him. I highly recommend him. He is worth the trip!
New York, NY |
I was a bit shy and nervous about my condition, but Dr. Kaufman explained everything very clearly with an easy and kind openness that made me comfortable. I'm glad I went to see him.
in Yonkers, NY |
Dr. Kaufman has been tremendously helpful over the last few years in dealing with chronic pelvic pain. His bedside manner is terrific, he is tremendously supportive and also provides realistic help. He correctly diagnosed me and has helped me avoid unnecessary and potentially harmful treatment from other physicians.
Brooklyn, NY |
Best experience I could have hoped for! NSV procedure was outlined perfectly by the office staff during my initial phone call, I had a in-person consultation the following week. Had to wait for the NY state mandated 30 day waiting period, then was able to schedule the procedure date very simply with the office staff via email. Procedure was 15 min. as described, plenty of instruction given for post-procedure care. Never felt rushed, and had a followup visit and routine lab analysis done easily.
Greenwich, CT |
I was refferred to Dr. Kaufman for severe pelvic pain and urinary symptoms. I had seen several urologists prior to him but was continuing to have symptoms which were increasing in intensity. Dr. Kaufman correctly diagnosed my condition and put me on a treatment plan that resolved my symptoms quickly. I am continuing to follow his treatment plan. I would highly recommend him to anyone experiencing pelvic pain and or urinary incontinence issues!
in New York,NY |
I've been in pain for yrs going to different urologists trying to figure out what is going on. It was very frustrating not knowing why I always felt uncomfortable. I finally set up an appt with Dr. K who in the first appt told me 4 things I had wrong which I've never been told. It took a couple of months to finally fix all of the issues I had. Dr K was there every step of the way checking in on a personal level & always available for questions. He really cares about you feeling better.
in New York, NY |
I had seen multiple doctors before I finally went to see Dr. Kaufman and what a different it made. Before Dr Kaufman, I thought that something was wrong with me, but unlikely most doctors, Dr Kaufman took the time to help me figure out what was wrong and came up with a solid plan to help me get better. I would 100% recommend seeing Doctor Kaufman
in Princeton, NJ |
I can highly recommend Dr. Kaufman, not just for his expertise, but also for the excellent customer service his practice provides. It's always essay to get an appointment, and Dr. Kaufman makes himself available by email in a great way. He even helped me to get my prescription filled when he was on vacation...
New York, NY |
I have been going to Dr Kaufman for 5 years and highly recommend him. He never pushes you into a decision or expensive procedure but in turn offers information and options. I've had an enlarged prostate for 15 years and have been under the care of 3 other urologists. Dr Kaufman has been the best by far. I ended up have a TULP procedure and it has changed my life (for the better) all thanks to Dr Kaufman.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Kaufman has treated me for many years. I trust his judgement and he spends as much time as needed with me to make sure I am comfortable with the particular situation. He also follows up with me and is very accessible. Has a nice way about him - very direct and upfront but also friendly and empathetic.
Astoria, NY |
Very pleasant and a knowledgeable doctor. Helped me normalize my hormones. I highly recommend him!
in NYC |
Highly professional, great listener and explainer, top-shelf doctor. I would recommend Dr. Kaufman without hesitation to my family and closest friends.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kaufman is an excellent urologist -- smart, experienced, and consistently up to date on new developments in his field. He was the only doctor I could find who understood my symptoms and was able to diagnose and treat my interstitial cystitis. He has a keen understanding of this illness, and I trust his medical opinion beyond that of any other doctor I've seen. Since my diagnosis, he has helped me make a full recovery and I see him now only for yearly checkups. Highly recommend.
in NJ |
Dr Kaufman is one of the most compassionate, caring and responsive doctors I have had in any medical field. He is always up-to-date with his expertise on my difficult conditions. He saw me through a pregnancy complicated by these conditions, introduced me to new treatment techniques, and referred me to the best practitioners. Urologists who understand women's issues, let alone make a specialty of them, are still ridiculously rare. See Dr. Kaufman! His office staff is also excellent.
in Bellmore, NY |
He is very good at what he does and makes you feel very comfortable while you're in his care. Dr Kaufman is a very down to earth person who makes it very easy to talk about very privet and sensitive subjects.
in New York, NY |
I had a surprisingly painless vasectomy experience at Dr. Kaufman's office. Though the office was busy, my 3 appointments all started punctually. Dr. Kaufman explained what to expect clearly while also demonstrating his abundant experience. Most importantly, the procedure and recovery went very smoothly, and within 2 days I was back to my normal schedule.
in New York, NY |
Arrogant, condescending doctor who actually told me after an incredibly invasive procedure that I really shouldn't be feeling this much pain. Well--I am. Sorry to inconvenience you. Further, when he barged into the room after said procedure, I was not yet dressed. Granted, he'd seen everything anyway at that point, but there is something about standing there with no pants nor underwear that is very different than being treated without such. Worst of all, he didn't treat my problem correctly.
in Jersey City, NJ |
I have seen Dr. Kaufman for many years. He has treated me for plain old aging as well as two conditions that arose unexpectedly. One case arose over the weekend, I texted him on Sunday, he got right back to me, and I saw him on Monday. He is responsive, effective, and efficient. Tops all around.
in New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kaufman for more than 10 years. He is a caring and comforting doctor who is knowledgable and friendly. I have had all manner of tests.....prostate biopsy, cystoscopy, blood and urine analysis. He is very prompt with emailing results. If I ever have a question reading a symptom or a procedure, I can email him and get a response within a couple of (office) hours. I highly recommend him for his professionalism, his knowledge, and his comforting way.
I had a routine procedure and I'm very satisfied with my experience. Dr Kaufman was easy going, patiently explained the procedure and answered all my questions. He is highly competent and professional.
Have you seen Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaufman?