Dr. David Kaufman, MD

Dr. David Kaufman, MD

Joint Replacement Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male

Dr. David Kaufman, MD is a joint replacement orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Lake Forest, IL. He has been practicing for 7 years. Dr. Kaufman is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Northwestern Medical Group

1000 N Westmoreland Rd

Lake Forest, IL 60045

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • PHCS
  • Preferred Network Access
  • Self Pay

Learn about Dr. Kaufman

Video

Dr. Kaufman's Experience

Dr. Kaufman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement Orthopedic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Kaufman "I believe in healing the whole person. I partner with my patients to devise the right treatment plan to meet their health and lifestyle goals. My philosophy is to provide excellent, evidence-based care with compassion and precision."

• Joint Replacement Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Kaufman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Post-Traumatic Arthritis
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

• Ankle Fracture Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Stanford University
  • Stanford University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kaufman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kaufman has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopedic Association, Member

Dr. Kaufman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaufman to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Kaufman's Performance
in Round Lake, IL |
Dr. Kaufman is VERY knowledgeable and personalizes every situation. I was told by other medical specialists that my speedy recovery after meniscus surgery was due to Dr. Kaufman"s thorough work. Thank you!
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
I recently had Dr. Kaufman fixate my fractured femur. From the moment we met him it was evident that he listened extremely well to what had been going on and did a thorough assessment and then took the time to go through my MRI results. I met with other Orthopedic surgeons but he was the most focused on the best results and didn't take it for granted that it was a basic procedure. He followed up with a phone call at the hospital that night. Today was my 1 month follow up. He is the real deal!!!
in Libertyville, IL |
I'm so thankful that I had Dr. Kaufman handle my case. Ultimately, he needed to operate and the surgery was challenging/complicated. He listened, examined, tested, re tested, researched, collaborated; he did a thorough investigation of my situation. His extensive training, experience, knowledge, empathy and superior surgical skill combine to make him an excellent doctor/surgeon. In addition, he was attentive to my numerous questions and concerns. I HIGHLY recommend this outstanding doctor.
in Lake Bluff, IL |
Dr kaufman replaced my hip a few months ago. I recovered quickly and feel much better. My experience with Dr Kaufman and his team was excellent. He took time to explain options, x-rays, and expectations, and answers any questions you have. Office staff is great. Easy parking.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Kaufman is an amazing surgeon. I felt comfortable trusting him with my leg after I had a traumatic injury. The surgery was a success and he was available to contact anytime I had questions after surgery.
in Lake Forest, Illinois |
Dr. Kaufman was one of the most professional and understanding Dr. He explained everything and took his time, so I could understand, I can't say enough, he also explained the x-ray thoroughly and I will be going back for my TKR issues. ( needlessly to say, he helped me a lot!!) I now know a lot more about my knee than ever expected. I would surely recommend DR. Kaufman to my friends and relatives. He also helped me with the pain I was having in my knee.My therapist recommend him, and I'm glad!!
Dr. Kaufman is a very caring doctor. From the first visit he explained everything step by step to me and my family. The surgery went great. I left the hospital with clearly written instructions from him. A medication schedule included. He also wrote a personal letter to me. The follow up appointments have reinforced how much he cares about his patients. I feel I can call him with any concerns I may have. He truly has made a positive difference in my recovery.
in Highland Park, IL |
My friend recommended doctor Kaufman for my knee pain. During my office visit he was super attentive and listened to me. We discussed surgery but decided on an injection. I'm scared of needles but the injection was quick and mostly pain free! My knee has been feeling MUCH better for the last few weeks. I would highly recommend seeing him. Great doctor. A+++
in Lake Villa , IL |
Dr. Kaufman was extremely unprofessional. I was told I would not be helped because of my weight to which he replied "What are you 500 pounds". I am not 500 lbs. He told me to just go home and lose weight that my knee problem should go away. I fell down a flight of stairs and still can't walk or straighten my leg properly. I was told that normally he'd fit a patent with a hindged brace but I guess if your a woman that does not apply because of "Body Type". I would not recommend this man.
in Gurnee, IL |
Need a total knee replacement? You will not find a more qualified surgeon. My experience with Dr. Kaufman was amazing. The procedure and after care I received was absolutely more than I had hoped was possible. William Shoemaker 12/6/16
Have you seen Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaufman?

Visit Dr. Kaufman

Dr. Kaufman accepts 15 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Advantage PPO

Hospitals where Dr. Kaufman has admitting privileges

Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital
660 N Westmoreland Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Kaufman at Northwestern Medical Group