Dr. David Kaufman, MD

Dr. David Kaufman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Male

Dr. David Kaufman, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Grayslake, IL and has been practicing for 4 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Northwestern Medical Group

1475 E Belvidere Rd Ste 185

Grayslake, IL 60030

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • PHCS
  • Preferred Network Access
  • Self Pay

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Kaufman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kaufman treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 86% of his peers

Dr. Kaufman treats this condition more than 86% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
high

Dr. Kaufman treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Kaufman treats this condition more than 84% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

I believe in healing the whole person. I partner with my patients to devise the right treatment plan to meet their health and lifestyle goals. My philosophy is to provide excellent, evidence-based care with compassion and precision.

Rush University Medical Center

95.34883720930233%

Dr. Kaufman?
Dr. Kaufman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Kaufman, MD
Highly recommend. He thoroughly explained everything about my knee replacement and was very knowledgeable. His support staff also was excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Im so happy I found Dr. David Kaufman and so will you be! Professional....... talented........and a sense of humor!...... And he enjoys his work Northwestern Medicine is lucky to have him ....and so am I...... Both hips replaced....and he gave me my life back Thank you Dr Kaufman!!! In my book .....you are the best!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kauffman was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He took the time to explain all he planned to do as well as answer all my questions. His expertise in full knee replacement surgery as well as all aspects of making my recovery the best that it could be was beyond my expectations. I highly recommended Dr. Kaufman!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman is very good at what he does. He is taking care of my grandfather who needed a hip replacement. My grandfather who has been living with hip pain for like about 6 months had finally got his hip replacement . It took a little bit to have done because he was dealing with some other issue. Threw the 6 months of my grandfather needing the hip replacement his staff was very helpful from the PSR to the RN and MA everybody worked will together. Now it been three weeks since my grandfather got his hip replacement and he is healing very well. They provide class on what to expect and how to take care of your self after surgery. My grandfather doesn't speak English but Dr. Kaufman spoke Spanish well and that made my grandfather feel comfortable with him he also has staff that speaks Spanish which is great! Thank You Dr. Kaufman for being a nice caring doctor and also the staff for also being on top of things
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman did an excellent job on my recent hip replacement after I experienced a catastrophic fall on the ice last January . I am very happy with the outcome of my surgery and the after care was excellent. Both Dr. Kaufman and his PA Karla were very approachable and patiently answered all my questions. They both definitely exceed expectations in my opinion
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Minimal wait time, took an X-ray, showed us the X-ray, gave my daughter a boot to help her walk and she already started to walk upon leaving his office, pain has decreased with the boot. Staff was kind, polite and understanding. It was night and day comparing to Dr Hamming’s office which we saw yesterday.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman performed my hip replacement surgery. The surgery was not only a success but the scar left was very narrow and minimal. Dr. Kaufman explained the procedure in detail, answered all questions, was very caring and pleasant. Devoted as much time as I needed. I would recommend Dr. Kaufman to anyone I know that needed joint replacement surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
If you're an individual looking for a procedure to be performed by someone with the abilities to be performed flawlessly dr. Kaufman has that and a great bedside manner. You got to be sure that a doctor performing a procedure such as a hip replacement must not only have a good bedside manner but also have the disposition of greatness thank you thank you Doctor Kaufman for believing my wife when no one else would and to Karla Stewart thank you for the great needlework Melissa marcomb.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman is compassionate, benevolent and kindhearted. He takes care of his patients. If you need Total Knee Replacement see him and you will be up and running in no time. He is the Total Package. From Pre-op all the way to rehab.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Excellent Doctor, great communication and speak a decent Spanish. Him and his team are great explained everything and how to take medication and risk of surgery. Great listening on questions and friendly answers, Great communication after the surgery and on the recuperation time. Overall the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
I have had knee replacement surgery on both knees with Dr. Kaufman and his team and they did an excellent job. In addition to performing excellent surgical work, Dr. Kaufman has his team prepare you for every phase of the process both pre and post operation. For me and my family, the results have meant a drastic improvement in our quality of life. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kaufman and his staff for their excellent work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman is not only an excellent surgeon, but an extremely caring person. I had a post op complication and he went above and beyond expectations helping me. I would 100% recommend him to anyone needing knee replacement or revision surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kaufman for a painful left total knee arthroplasty by the Orthopedic surgery that performed the total knee arthroplasty in 2016. Dr. Kaufman diagnosed the problem and performed a revision left total knee arthroplasty. Since the revision the knee is free of pain. I am able to walk significantly better, ROM and Extension is greatly improved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman saved me from certain crippling due to a broken left femur into 3 pieces. Don’t know how it happened but it did. I suspect from osteoporosis. It happened on 12/23 and I woke up 12/26. Never knew what happened to me. But after careful instructions from him, my recuperation has been slow but steady. At 81, I’ve really slowed down but.....I’m alive and doing some kicking. Marilyn E. Antioch, Illinois
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Total Knee Replacement. Sounds scary. I have had a wonderful experience with Dr Kaufman and the staff. Professional and courteous. I have had no issues and I highly recommend his services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
I am 7 weeks out from hip replacement surgery and couldn't be happier with my results. I returned to work a very physical job where I am on my feet 8 hours a day and spend a large portion of my day lifting. I am so pleased with my surgery, Dr. Kaufman is a great surgeon and his bed side manner is outstanding. He listened to my concerns and I never felt rushed during appointments or my short hospital stay. My level of pain was minimal. I am very thankful and recommend Dr. Kaufman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Hello: My name is Alma Y. Last March I had a hip replacement surgery and I want to share my experience. From the 1st appointment your attention was very kind, professional and gave me an exact diagnosis, all the prosesus made me feel very confident that I would return the mobility of my leg, thank God to him and his team work the operation and recovery It has been very successful. Very grateful to you Doc. Kaufman
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Extremely friendly a nice guy easy to talk to....A+++ all around....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
I saw Dr. Kaufman for a knee injury that lead to a knee replacement. He and his staff were always professional and courteous. He explained my treatment options, risks and rewards that came with each, and most importantly, listened to my wants and needs to achieve a quality of life I wanted. They effectively managed an insurance roadblock and maintained everything on schedule. The office always supported my needs and got back to me within the business day. I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman replaced my left knee in March 2018. It was a complicated case – a deformed leg with a metal rod and pins. Today my leg is straight. I have full range of motion, and no pain. I can walk without aids. I am even walking up and down stairs - something I haven't done in more than 5 years. This outstanding outcome is due to Dr. Kaufman's skill and expertise. He is patient, professional, compassionate. I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman to anyone considering a knee replacement.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kaufman?

Insurance accepted

Tricare
Choice
Choice Plus
Select HMO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kaufman treats patients.