Dr. David Kalfa, MD

Pediatric Cardiothoracic SurgeryMaleAge 40

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. David Kalfa, MD is a Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 10 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Aix-Marseille Ii / U.F.R. of Medicine medical school in 2011. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kalfa to book an appointment.

Weill Cornell Medicine's Cardiothoracic Surgery

New Patient?
Cardiothoracic Surgery525 E 68th St # F677 New York, NY 10065

Columbia University Medical Center Surgery

New Patient?
Milstein Hospital Building177 Fort Washington Ave # 7gn-435 New York, NY 10032

• Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Kalfa's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kalfa

Dr. Kalfa?
  • Explained conditions well (68)
  • Listened & answered questions (68)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (68)
  • Long wait times (4)
Very thankful for Dr. Kalfa and repairing my sons asd.
Joyce – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr.Kalfa and his staff were very good with my daughter. They informed me of the procedure as well as how long it would take. Daily his staff came to check on my daughter after her surgery in her stay at the ICU. I thank him so much for his passion and dedication to save my baby girl's life. His hands and energy are blessed from God to be a pediatric surgeon. Thanks so much Dr. Kalfa. ????????
Lacajah Lesuer – Sep 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
This mans SuperPower is mending broken hearts!! Phenomenally talented and skilled professional, with a very caring bedside manner. Saved our 8 year old sons life from a Left Anomalous Coronary Artery. He explained the potential procedural approaches in great Laymen's Terms detail and with respect to us, as parents. Thank you Dr Kalfa. Words are not enough.
Sally Wright – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr. Kalfa performed the heart transplant to our daughter in September 2019, a transplant for which we waited so long. The surgery was successful and although the post surgery was difficult, Dr. Kalfa encouraged us and was optimistic that everything would be fine and of course he was right. Dr. Kalfa showed a warm and personal attitude and we thank him very much.
Lavi – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
We are very happy about the surgery that Dr. Kalfa performed on my son. He is very well-mannered and explained the surgery process very well to us. He is a very nice and caring person and we would recommend him to those looking for a good doctor.
Sep 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr.kalfa performed open heart surgery on my 9 year old daughter. and I couldn't be more grateful for him and his knowledge,understanding and precision skill set. He assured me pre-op that he would do the minimum and he keep his word. My daughter is doing great...I can't thank him enough. I personally would recommend him over any top heart surgeon. Thank you so much.
Workman – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Let’s put it bluntly.... this man is a Saint. He saved our daughters life. She was diagnosed with d-TGA at our 20-week ultrasound. We were so scared and had no idea what this meant for her or our future. Dr Kalfa was referred to us by our local cardiologist after the TGA was confirmed. Once our daughter was born, the staff at Columbia Presbyterian and Dr Kalfa and his team, were absolutely outstanding. He has wonderful bedside manner, they kept us as prepared for what was to come as possible, walked us through the entire surgery and what that day would look like, and performed an absolutely perfect arterial switch. The care we received afterwards and Dr Kalfa’s wonderful follow up and visits always put us at ease. I can not recommend Dr Kalfa and his team more. We knew we were in the best hands possible and are truly blessed to have had him for our daughter. We can not thank him enough.
Erin Hayes – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
In pre-op Dr Kalfa was articulate in conceptualizing the nature and scope of the surgery (mitral valve repair). He delineated potential risks and responded thoughtfully to my and my son's questions. After the surgery the (very experienced) cardiologists on the team described the repair as "excellent". Dr. Kalfa met with us briefly after surgery and then several days later at the hospital. We found him to be professional, efficient, polite, congenial, deliberate, committed to his patients, and caring.
G. Price – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
My fiancé and I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Kalfa for the first time on our sons pre op testing. Dr. Kalfa made us feel confident that he would take good care of our son. He explained the procedure step by step, he took his time which we appreciated very much. He answered all of our questions and or concerns. My son came out of surgery and everything went better as expected no complications. He called me after he was finished with the surgery as well and assured me everything went well. He also stopped by the next day of his surgery to check up on him and make sure everything was good. I couldn't be more happier and thankful to have had Dr. Kalfa be my sons surgeon. I'm very thankful for him.
Athena – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr. Calfa is great doctor! He fixed my baby heart. Safe her live.. What else I can say.. Thank you doctor and God bless you and your family!!
Prishutova mom – Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr. Kalfa was the surgeon for our two-months-old daughter, who had surgery for a heart defect that she was born with. Dr. Kalfa was extremely thorough in explaining the defect (double aortic arch w/ a vascular ring), the surgery, the risks, and what all of this looks like long-term for our daughter. He was kind and thorough and my husband and I felt like Dr. Kalfa made us feel more comfortable about the whole situation. The day of the surgery, Dr. Kalfa spoke with us prior to surgery which was really reassuring...we felt that our daughter was in good hands, and she certainly was. After the surgery (which was shorter than anticipated), Dr. Kalfa came directly to us and let us know it had gone well and reassured us that our baby was safe and well taken care of. We've seen him since at the hospital and he always takes the time to say hello and ask how our daughter is. We were and are thoroughly impressed and highly recommend Dr. Kalfa.
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr. Kalfa not only saved our daughter’s life, but showed such compassion, empathy and care to our family during our inpatient stay. His genuine concern for our daughter and family was truly appreciated and impressionable. He performed both the Norwood and Glenn procedures, and was always informative and available when we had questions about our daughter’s care. I am forever grateful for his diligence and passion for the pediatric CT surgery field and his desire to go above and beyond.
Magda in NJ – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Amazing surgeon with a great bedside manner!
southampton, NY – Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
He's very good at his job may God continue to bless him to save others
Kendrew Dawkins in Hackensack, NJ – Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr. Kalfa performed open heart surgery to fix a hole in our daughters heart. He is one of the few surgeons in America performing the incision under the arm instead of chest. If that isn’t amazing enough, he has the most spectacular bedside manner & is an absolutely wonderful person. He genuinely took so much of his time to explain everything to us worried parents. He is the most thorough & caring doctor I’ve ever met. He checked up on my daughter during her hospital stay multiple times. I feel like we can never thank him enough for his work. He literally fixed my daughters heart, he is a TRUE HERO & an amazing man! Thank you Dr Kalfa!!
Melissa W in NJ – Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Dr. Kalfa made me and my son feel very comfortable about needing open heart surgery. He took the time to explain everything to me and my son , in great detail about what needed to be done, why it had to be done and what to expect. Dr. Kalfa has a wonderful bedside manner and is very sweet. He also fixed my son's heart issue and he saved my son's life by doing so. Im forever grateful
Jennifer Coppolino-Pabon in Brooklyn, NY – Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Excellent doctor his a gods gift
William medina in Bronx , NY – Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Excellent bedside manner, thoroughly explained my son’s VSD repair which as a 25 year old, required open heart surgery. All went well, he’s healing nicely & looks forward to a full recovery back to his normal life.
NJ – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
Very profesional and helpful ,took the time to explain my son’s condition in a way we understood
Yadira in North Plainfield , NJ – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?
My Son has HLHS & at 4 days old Dr.Kalfa performed his first heart surgery. Everything went great. My Husband & I we’re fully informed & were kept abreast on our son’s procedure before, during, & post surgery. We are grateful for Dr.Kalfa & all of the medical staff for an amazing team work.
Mrs.S in Garden City, NY – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kalfa, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kalfa?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Kalfa treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Kalfa's conditions and procedures:

• Angina and Acute Coronary Syndrome
  • Aortic Valve Disease
  • Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Restorative Surgery
  • Cardiac Shunting Procedures With or Without Aortic Repair or Coronary Anomaly Repair
  • Cardiomegaly
  • Congenital Heart Defects, Adult
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congenital Heart Surgery
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Pulmonary Valve Surgery
  • Septal Defect
  • Tetralogy of Fallot
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Ventricular Assist Device
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

Dr. Kalfa accepts

Dr. Kalfa accepts the following insurance:

1199SEIU
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
Exchange
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. David Kalfa is a Board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon with a subspecialization in pediatric cardiac surgery. A Native of France, Dr. Kalfa graduated...Read more

• Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery