Dr. David Kaiser, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 60

Dr. Kaiser
111 N Wabash Ave Ste 2101 Chicago, IL 60602

Dr. David Kaiser, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Chicago, IL and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UNIV OF IL COLL OF MED medical school in 1988. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kaiser to book an appointment.

Dr. Kaiser's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaiser

3.4

Dr. Kaiser?
  • Office environment (21)
  • Wait times (21)
  • Appointment scheduling (19)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (12)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (10)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (10)
I learned a lot from Dr. Kaiser early on when I had less of a handle on my mental illness and was not medicated well. As I grew better, his help became a little moot, and even condescending. He refuses to admit when he is wrong. I recently went through a suicidal period and he accused me of being manipulative. I cannot find the words to describe how dehumanizing this was. Actively looking for new doctor. He has a fairly good heart but an Irish coldness to him.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Anonymous – Jul 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
After attempting to find a decent therapist with little luck, I decided to try finding a psychiatrist. I stumbled upon Dr. Kaiser, and he is exactly what I was looking for. He seems to be unique in the sense that he conducts his sessions with talk therapy, but also integrates the use of medication as necessary. He is laid back, and gives genuine and straightforward advice that has helped me view life as less complex and complicated. He is a truly effective and a compassionate Doctor.
Chicago, IL – Feb 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
Professional and authentic - no canned responses. Well-rounded and level-headed and one of the few psychiatrists that also do talk therapy.
A Bloom in chicago, IL – Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I've seen Dr. Kaiser for almost 2 years. If you want someone who is an absolute expert in the field of psychiatry, this is the doctor you want to see. I've been to good doctors before, so I have a lot to compare him to, and he's hands down the absolute best psychiatrist I've ever seen. His mind is a medical/pharmacological encyclopedia.
Allison in Chicago, IL – Feb 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I would recommend another doctor. He made grand statements based on 30 minutes of discussion that were at best careless and, at worst, destructive. He disregarded experiences with side effects. Some of his questions seemed leading.
Chicago, IL – Aug 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I began seeing Dr Kaiser two years ago for adult ADD/ADHD and wholeheartedly recommend him as 1) an expert in ADD/ADHD; 2) a doctor of psychiatry; and 3) a professional who truly cares about the well being of his patients. Over the years I've seen three psychiatrists for ADD/ADHD, and I would recommend each of them. A job transfer caused me to stop seeing the first, and the second retired. But my preference by far is Dr. Kaiser, both for his knowledge of ADD/ADHD and his level-headed approach.
Tom S in Chicago, IL – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I've actually already recommended Dr. Kaiser to a number of my friends. Of all the physicians I've seen, he is, by far, the best. I believe he's spot on with his individualized analysis and advice--no platitudes or canned answers. He also has an uncanny ability to pinpoint issues and work with me to find ways to manage and achieve long-term health.
Chicago, IL – Jul 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I've been working with Dr. Kaiser for six years now, and I would never change doctors if I had my way. He is the first doctor of his kind that I've learned to trust- which should say something in itself. I strongly recommend him- and consider him to be one of mostcompetent doctors in this field.
JG in Glencoe, IL – Jul 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
David Kaiser is kind, pragmatic, and effective. He'll work with you to help yourself to improve, be that through medication, therapy, or a combination of both. He came highly recommended to me, and I can easily recommend him to others.
Chicago, IL – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
Very sharp, competent and direct (which I like).
ChicagoTweek in Chicago, IL – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I see Dr. Kaiser every week and it has had a tremendously positive impact on my life. I have seen many shrinks before him and he is the only one that has really been able to help me see what exactly I need to be doing to get better. He is tough and a straight shooter-it is not always what I want to hear but it is what I need. I highly recommend him to anyone serious about wanting to change their life.
Girl in Chicago, IL – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Kaiser for a few years now. He's pretty low-key generally, which I like (has a quiet, calm demeanor), but he also tells it like it is and can be pretty blunt. For someone who overthinks everything, this can be pretty helpful. He could stand to be a little bit of a better listener but overall it seems like he cares about his patients and wants to help.
P S in Chicago, IL – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I've had an excellent experience with Dr. Kaiser. He was thoughtful, empathic and smart. Straight forward and direct which I appreciated. He really helped me see my problems more clearly and he offered solutions which worked. I would highly recommend this doctor
Monica in Wilmette, IL – Jun 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I worked with Dr. Kaiser for the entirety of my adolescence and into early adulthood, and he has been an excellent fit for me. Dr. Kaiser has a calm, non-judgmental, and level-headed demeanor, which helped me put a lot of my issues into perspective. For three years, I did weekly sessions with Dr. K, after a slew of relatively unsuccessful stints with other psychiatrists. Since he helped me overcome my anxiety and anger issues, I now see him for annual checkups. Very satisfied with my care.
Mo in Chicago, IL – Jun 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
Dr. Kaiser puts absolutely no thought or care into his patients what so ever and is far too calloused by his own ego to see any perspective besides his own. Talking to him is like talking to a salesman. I once told him a sever side effect I was having from a medication he prescribed and his response was that I was being overdramatic. I would not recommend him to anyone one unless you're looking to get an easy prescription fix, he's great for that.
Chicago, IL – Jun 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
My psychologist used him to refer patients who needed meds. I was exploring anti-depressants. I was having no luck. This man is better suited to being a plummer than he is a psychiatrist. He was cold and even contemptuous. The meds were giving me terrible side effects. It was frustrating. I got nothing but callousness.The last time I saw him I told him he was the most non-compassionate person--never mind someone is the mental health profession--I had ever encountered. He didn't disagree.
Rose in Chicago, IL – Feb 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
Worst ever. No knowledge.
Jan 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Kaiser for about 5 years now. He's very accommodating and laid back, so it makes talking to him during sessions very easy.
Arlington Heights, IL – Jan 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?
I had one appointment with Dr. Kaiser. He scheduled me for another session in which I was double booked and he stated he would call me back to schedule another appointment. As of this date I have not heard back from Dr. Kaiser. Additionally you should be aware that scheduling an appointment is exceedingly difficult is he has no office staff.
Chicago, IL – Jan 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Kaiser, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaiser?

• Psychiatry